Ok, now that the dust has settled, whats the verdict?

Ok, now that the dust has settled, whats the verdict?

Attached: gn-gift_guide_variable_c[1].jpg (970x545, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Yr814mYyb4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was a hoot!

Whatever the Hell you yourself think because Yea Forums is too divisive to be trusted for a consistent opinion

It was good

Attached: 1534473043249.gif (200x200, 423K)

Good

Attached: EBnloF3W4AAfAlO.jpg (1024x592, 78K)

FPBP

Honk

Attached: EB5ulP8W4AAt_eE.jpg (1100x600, 55K)

meh

Attached: 1565426651723.jpg (1139x536, 245K)

Guilty

I loved it. Just wish there was more...I wanna see what other (currently) modern adventures rocko would go on.

>Tfw .01 percent of the population ruins 100% of your movie

Attached: 1565700201820.jpg (1136x640, 126K)

Attached: 1565421668547.png (1409x4759, 900K)

IM ED THE CLOWN!

Tranny stuff aside, it wasn’t funny

This. The story was decent, animation was fantastic, it's just too bad ((they)) made them put trans shit in it

This. But oh well, time to rewatch the old ones, I guess.

It's still one of the best cartoons of the 90's.

The asshurt is real

Not enough parentheses, sweetie. If you're going to say foolish things, say them correctly.

>Whatever the Hell you yourself think

Don't you mean...Heck?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (595x557, 64K)

You are an adult (I assume) if any adult finds children's cartoons funny, then I question their intelligence.

Also, it wasn't meant to be funny. It was meant to ruin kids mental health.

Attached: EBty0uvUIAA9jbA.jpg (675x900, 135K)

I laughed a few times. It was moreso a feeling of just seeing rocko again snd that made it work.

It was just okay. It needed more big laughs and didn't always feel like it was making good use of its run time. Good sight gags though. I liked how at the end Rocko was the only one who wasn't happy.['spoiler] And I appreciated how seamless the audio/video was with the old series.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Agreed

That stuff doesnt detract from it. Rest was fine even if that annoys you.

Attached: 1565412754146.png (876x1556, 1.22M)

Attached: b45981b285344a6356636b11bbfb33ac.jpg (480x360, 21K)

2020 is going to be wild when a major party’s platform consists entirely of “DILATE ONIONS HONK HONK”

So aside from that, what did you think of the movie?

Reminder: S.O.Y is filtered but Incel isn't.

This tells you (((who))) runs this site now.

Attached: 1565462309941.png (500x300, 160K)

>whats the verdict?
That if you're going to revive one of my childhood shows JUST to do a one shot special about transsexuals then I'm not going to watch it.
I'm not mad, I'm far worse than that - I literally don't even care.
The 90s are 20 years ago, they can't hurt me now.

The entire show was about propaganda you simpleton.

Change Good
Tradition Bad

Just accept the sin, bigot.

Attached: 1565397237560.png (738x669, 186K)

Attached: 1565424874844.png (644x743, 417K)

DELET THIS

Attached: 1565409578668.gif (600x404, 1.91M)

Fuck off, /POL/

It was about too much change being bad too.

It was good and Rachel is cute.

I don't get mad at cartoons

Attached: EBbMxGLWkAMuCsr.jpg (1068x1465, 97K)

I wish it would have ended with Rocko finding a new show to watch.
The way it is, his moral was "eat shit because that's all there is, get used to it" but it's supposed to be "If you're stuck in the past then you'll miss out on the cool stuff happening now."

Attached: d6ka3ne-5c800cfb-e2e3-4500-8379-88c6c60c03fb.png (880x758, 862K)

No it wasn't.
By the end of the episode they brainwash both Bighead and Rocko into accepting the degeneracy around them.

Goddamn you are a fucking retard.
/pol/ is at least part of the site unlike Twitter now hang yourself.

Attached: 1565461820010.png (800x800, 119K)

garbage

This. Imagine going mad at Cartoons and stuff.

That would be insane, how weak do you have to be?

Attached: the-critic-animated-jay-sherman-e1412228561636.jpg (600x300, 62K)

Exactly.
The point they actually made was "just settle for garbage because it's not getting better" and "fuck you for liking old shit"

It's okay. The way I viewed it, it was somewhat of a troll to the audience to change Ralph to Rachel but at the same time, they handled it better than most shows out there would. If this were a show like The Loud House or Steven Universe, Rachel would've been accepted with loving arms by both parents, but they kept the personality of every character in tact (except maybe Rocko I feel like he was losing his shit a little but he's also the "everyman" character i.e the character we, an audience, are relating to as people who are also nostalgic for old tv shows..though without the excuse of floating in space for 20 years).

If the show were fully rebooted with this plot, I'd be upset and find it to be pandering (like SU does), but as a standalone project I think jt handled a current, a MODERN issue if you will, in a very Rocko way.

I don't like change and that's why I find myslf mentally resisting Ralph becoming Rachel but at the same time, change was the core theme of the special.

They also devoted a lot of time to seeing our favourite characters first and seeing them interact with this new modern world and I loved it.

I don't want more episodes after this, and I think this special is one of the few nostalgic projects that at least left me feeling fulfilled, like the show got a proper end (I mean the jungle movie for hey arnold was okay but it didn't feel like the same show the way Rocko does)

Being a transwoman is fine but at least put in more effort than just a dress (like jesus not even some decent shoes?). It's the same issue I have with Will Smith's son. Yeah, boy, wear a skirt but dear god, have your dad hire a stylist for you so you don't look retarded.

I firmly believe in peopl e wearing what makes them comfortable as long as they don't look like a fucking idiot doing so, and wearing fucking sneakers with such a pretty dress like that is a crime even if it were a ciswoman wearing it.

Once upon a time, trans people made a distinction between sex and gender. It was fine to acknowledge that you were male (because yo, doctors gotta know) but that you were a girl/woman.

Now the trantrenders fucked it up so no one takes anything seriously. If you meet a REAL transgendered person please keep this in mind :/ most of them don't want to be seen as a "third gender" just as their preferred gender and it helps them not kill themselves so whatever.

People like chris chan can fuck off tho

Came here to post this

>/pol/tards already in the thread with their blatant Fox News tier propaganda while bitching that this is propaganda
I don't think saying that trans people exist is "propaganda." Not everything can have straight white cis men in it

It was fine

It was good I liked it a lot. I actually embraced Rachel's new change. As long shes happy I'm cool with the hour special.

Attached: 1565423335490.jpg (1411x1072, 124K)

The new show seemed equal or better than the old one.

Agreed.

It was decent for the most part, the greater majority of the jokes were well done, I didn't mind when Ralph was reintroduced as Rachel and I appreciated them playing it straight by continuing to use Joe Murray's voice. I just felt it got a little preachy towards the final act, but at least the head of Conglomo got his comeuppance at the end.

>swirls

Attached: p2mbpnwL1M1rpf0sr_540.jpg (540x404, 31K)

They didn't even realize Ralphie took the ax until he stepped out of the car, in hindsight it's kind of funny but also I could have wasted 45 minutes watching something else instead

This

i liked it and i want to Fuck rachael.

It just wasn't all that funny to me. I can re-watch some of the older episodes and those will still get a laugh outta me but the only jokes that actually got a reaction out of me here were
>"Roger!"
>"Roger? I thought your name was Rachel?"
and the one where the Big Head asks a guy how his kids are and he starts crying.
It also felt rushed to me, like the entire second half just felt more mashed together than actually coherent.
The stuff I personally thought the movie was going to be about and wanted to see the most, Rocko trying and failing to adapt to these modern times via slapstick hijinks, weren't really the focus. And I get it, there's no real substance to stuff like that, but I just didn't care for the actual plot all that much.
The core message, we can still like the past but we can't cling to it, is alright, I can sympathize with that, but I also feel like the special was trying to showcase a "All Change is Good Change," viewpoint, which just isn't true. Change is simply change, it isn't necessarily good or bad as such things are subjective.
All in all 6/10. Serviceable but lacking in substance and laughs, I probably wouldn't watch it again.

Attached: 1484141150675.jpg (624x448, 54K)

Rachel was great at first, I just don't like that she had to make up with her parents. I don't like how the messages were dumbed down and simplified to just accepting change for no discernible reason, despite most of the changes in Rocko's life having downsides to them- especially since this special was targeted toward adults (who could actually use an education on transgender people and a proper argument for why CGI is better than traditional animation, which the special wasn't interested in doing.) It's a solid 4/10.

>CGI is better than traditional animation

Attached: 1555680476977.png (568x510, 227K)

>a proper argument for why CGI is better than traditional animation
>implying those exist

what about them?

After watching the special I’ve gone back to rewatch the original show. It’s either a lot funnier than I remember or a lot of the humor flew over my head as a kid. There’s some particularly great stuff between the end of season 1 and the start of season 4, with some dud episodes that drag for too long but the show overall is great. The special just isn’t that good because, probably because it wanted to preach instead of be funny. Also Spunky is incredibly cute.

Attached: 396CE289-895D-4292-8BFB-F0A73294C3D8.jpg (1134x754, 650K)

Maybe because I knew the whole story more or less beforehand, but I just thought it was ok. There were parts I liked and I loved seeing Rocko again, but it felt like the pacing was off. Could have been longer maybe, felt like too much was crammed in to a short time. Still pretty enjoyable though.

Every thread is now ruined by people who probably didnt even watch the fucking episode, so that's great.

That's the shows fault.

Instead of having another thread where we agree that the special was just ok at best, how about we share some of our favorite memories of the old show?

>The Halloween ep where a woman told Rocko she wouldn’t give him candy because he’d already been to her house, but it was because R.R.B.M had already visited wearing a Rocko costume.

Attached: F0190E78-37FB-4DEB-AB67-D32E09EBF2EE.jpg (624x678, 277K)

>Another fucking thread about this
>and of fucking course it devolves into /pol/
Chemo when, mods?

Attached: 1448335899130.jpg (500x375, 30K)

The Fatheads clips were great, like Rocko I was disappointed in the new one.
youtube.com/watch?v=7Yr814mYyb4

Solid 7/10

Got a chuckle out of me

Why did they hit each other with parking meters? Also the gag where Mrs.Fathead rips Mr. Fatheads face open and screams into the phone inside is genuinely great.

>Thread is asking opinions on show
>Some opinions are edgy
>Beg mods to ban users because they also post on other boards

Kill yourself Twitter Tard

Attached: 1565787047312_1_1.jpg (1192x327, 76K)

It was good.
It felt a bit rushed and I found it a little unbelievable how quick Mr. Bighead was accepting of Rachel, but they only had 40 minutes so what can you do?

It feels exactly like the original show albeit fancy phD Widescreen animation and more modern issues. The voice acting was also top notch, except for Heffer, he sounded a bit off.

pedo symbols

I hate how everything with a swirl is called a pedo symbol now. Sometimes a swirl is just a swirl.

Attached: sega swirl.png (300x300, 60K)

>/pol/tards literally just spamming redpillz right off the bat
jesus fucking christ how pathetic, it's like that guy on Yea Forums who spams gore if he sees a husbando thread.

true, but the exact same thing applies to anything vaguely right wing immediately becoming nazi symbols.

the conspiracy minded never find disproof of their conspiracy.

Yeah that's true

Watching it right now actually.

Attached: Screenshot (2).png (1600x900, 2.39M)

The times are a changin'. Maybe we'll get women breastfeeding while speed running games.

Where can I watch this. I dont have Netflix.

I pity the fags here who are so unfathomably autistic that they couldn't follow the plot of a children's cartoon.

Yeah. We want the old fatheads.

>Isn't a fake screenshot really the REAL truth?
No, it is not.

It sucked

Shit writing. Didn't laugh once.

Attached: RZ4iTlr1_400x400.jpg (400x400, 39K)

Attached: 1423963943055.jpg (400x514, 76K)

I hate what they did to Ralph. It doesn't make any sense, and it soiled the whole thing for me. Especially after waiting for as long as we did for this fucking movie. Complete waste.

Someone posted a mega for it the other day. Didn't keep the link, sorry. Just keep an eye out for it.

That's not the shows fault. You're probably a bitter blow hard who laugh at anything short of human misery. Don't worry, you're in the right place for it.

You can’t tell me there was a single thing in Static Cling that came close to G.I. Jimbo.

Attached: 1B6A3C59-667C-4965-8220-D60BEA5C2C32.jpg (2048x1354, 1.62M)

it alright.

>MFW people will ironically say this brony to tranny is hot.

Ew. Gross.

the dust hasn't settled since Yea Forums keeps kicking and screaming, thus unsettling the dust again.

The show made Yea Forums filled with insecure /pol/tards and cripplechan refugees?

Literally no one would even know this shit existed if it wasn't from the buzz about the tranny.

It was poorly paced and too preachy, akin to consume material and wait for the next to consume

GI jimbo was in it.

Yeah who would know about the obscure show Rocko's Modern Life on a board for comics and cartoons?

As a sight gag, I want something new.

trannysexual

>Brony shirt
It's hilarious that modern trannies are literally just a fucking internet fad no different from bronies. Trans shit has made no headway in actual society and In five years from now everyone is going to see trenders the same way we see bronies now.

It would've been "oh, that happened" just like the Hey Arnold movie was but even less important. 85+% of the discussion came from the tranny shit and you fucking know it.

Not too bad, the jaws are a bit big but she's passable.

I liked it, but it started to feel pretty rushed near the end. Probably would've been better as a full hour. I would've liked to have seen more of some of the other characters too, especially best girl Dr Hutchison.

I didn't find it funny. My problem with it wasn't even the trans shit, it was a small point in the larger message. The whole special was just shallow. The first half consisted of crappy "WOAH! THE FUTURE SURE IS DIFFERENT!" jokes with the last half being too fucking self aware with a cancelled show coming back. There was nothing subtle about it, it was just overly obnoxious.

Attached: a6d.png (2550x1650, 377K)

Yeah if we aren't whining about trannies and SJWs then nothing gets discussion.

Get fucking real, the thread would have been filled with picture's of that elephant's ass.

It was ok

Attached: 010E818F-8351-46A8-98A9-EB2C3881799C.png (500x500, 236K)

Based and hootpilled

Based and hootpilled

>she

I loved it. Felt just like Rocko. Really hope they make more.

I love when a comedy includes something it's too afraid to make jokes about to shovel political ideology down your throat.
Also the celebration of mental illness is a symptom of a dying society.

Attached: 09.png (225x225, 2K)

Fathead eating the girl scout and Rolo smashing his head against the door still get me after all these years.

>I'm the trash man!

Attached: DwagwLoXgAAzN_d.jpg (500x362, 27K)

>she

Did Mrs Bighead seem sexier in the netflix special than in the OS to anyone else?

There was a line near the end where she implies she got a boob job.

tell that to shippers