Time has passed. What are your honest thoughts?

Time has passed. What are your honest thoughts?

Attached: hb.jpg (1382x2048, 656K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTuzleFnItE
youtube.com/watch?v=UX0OxXf35kU
hollywoodreporter.com/news/kevin-tsujihara-more-executives-pushed-cast-actress-charlotte-kirk-1194090
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's a solid 5 out of 10.

Still haven't managed to watch it.

Crammed too much things that it became incoherent

Had really bad pacing.

I would be surprised if even Yea Forums could be contrarian enough to defend it. Not only filled with bad ideas, but also terribly executes them and then jumbles the whole product into incoherence with a disastrous post-production.

>Don't you remember? Backyards?
>Drinkin beers on the porch?
>You used to play guitar, man.
>You'd...you'd play all that hippie acoustic crap.
>And I'd play real music.
I finished the movie just because of this exchange. I was dying. I'd say everything up until Hellboy finished off the trolls and was rescued was definitely enjoyable.

Didn't know if it wanted to be a reboot or not so we got to waste runtime with a half added origin, terrible adr, effects that vary wildly in quality from some decent costumes and designs to some of the worst cg I've ever seen, characters are inconsistent and most of the cast is underused because of how slapdash the plot is. Overall it's just super medeocre and feels like it was just made so someone could keep the movie rights

The storyline was uninteresting, the characters and dialogue were annoying and the special effects looked like a SyFy original
It's watchable in the sense that you could put it on for background noise, tune out for 10 minutes, come back and still be marginally entertained by whatever's happening, but that's about it

This movie had more scenes where people's mouths don't move when they talk than a 60's kaiju import. The scene where Daimio buys the gun to kill Hellboy was like a psych test

Just watched this. It could have been OK, but the movie felt like a first draft with unfinished special effects. Hellboy was also a whiny bitch, and completely unlikable. Better than I expected, but that's not saying much, and overall it's pretty shit.

the movie was boring

I just saw it last week.

It's a good movie, but unfair it follows Guellermo Del Toro. Del Toro worked his whole career making things disgusting beautiful.

Attached: giphy (5).gif (500x240, 952K)

Let's start with the first 2.5 minutes

youtube.com/watch?v=KTuzleFnItE

>awful muffled voiceover mixing
>jarring editing throughout
>whole story in fast forward
>"And for FUCKING good reason"
>"Yes THAT King Arthur"
>Milla acts in any way shape or form
>Nimue's army flees like unintentional comedy
>witch betrayal set up with no pay off
>"No mortal weapon can harm me... *gasp*... EXCALIBUR!"
>PISSED OFF
>CGI Milla face
>unnecessary gore
>severed head shit talking like some Monty Python shit

It is one of those cases where I believe everyone is wrong.

The last Hellboy movie was really fun to watch, the CGI did fall short here and there but no worse than Black Panther.

I liked it better than Golden Army and I would watch it again. I think they got the tone right.

>Everyone who likes something people dislike is contrarian.
I was surprised that people did not like it and even Yea Forums defended Captain Marvel. I honestly feel more like I am out of sync with you guys.

>"No mortal weapon can harm me... *gasp*... EXCALIBUR!"

Milla Jovovich is qt and she seems like a nice person but her in the movie (and tbf a lot of other stuff too) were like "What if someone got $50 million to make a Death Stalker movie?"

Attached: Milla-Jovovich-Hellboy.jpg (1200x801, 136K)

>>"No mortal weapon can harm me... *gasp*... EXCALIBUR!"
>he didn't like this masterclass in cheese

I never seen the film but I liked this clip, makes me with Jovovich could just work in B-Movies for the rest of her life.
Anyway is the rest of the movie like this video?

Irredeemable trash that only exists so that the creator can collector those Hollywood royalty checks.

Ok for a single watch, preferably if you're under the influence. Some of the creature design was neat, and so was the violence, but that's about it.

Nah it's far less coherent

It kind of falls into bad/fun territory. I feel like a re-edit can probably turn this 4/10 into a 7. Theres so much unnecessary quips, character interactions, and edgy cursing that can but cut. The weird dad rock soundtrack didnt fit in either. Im pretty sure a dedicated fan can fix a good amount with a re-edit, but nothing can fix that awful cgi Ian Mcshane. Its definitely not a good Hellboy adaptation by any means, but it definitely had potential.

All race and casting issues aside, I cannot fucking believe how awful this character was. Legitimately the most obnoxious character I've ever seen in a movie. It was everything about that BBC Sherlock / Doctor Whoey writing that grates on me amplified to a thousand.

Attached: 29ed91fb358fa917953cf88c58131cf0.jpg (450x600, 44K)

Fun action nonsense.
Had enough plot that it could have been a limited tv series.
Would fit in next to the fun but subpar side of comic movies next to Phantom or Rocketeer.
Still would rather watch Del Toro's movies over this any day, and considering they aren't aging poorly or anything 2019 Hellboy will die to obscurity.

>The weird dad rock soundtrack didnt fit in either.

When the wild hunt starts and that awful virgin core major key guitar noodle rocks tarted playing I wanted to turn the movie off

Imagine how good this lad must feel for not being in this shitfest

Attached: 266px-Ed_Skrein_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg (266x400, 25K)

Attached: 1552115643306.jpg (2699x3600, 1.23M)

Attached: 1559613457422.jpg (2699x3600, 998K)

Utter trash. No idea why they didn't just stick to one story. There was no point in including Baba Yaga or re-doing HB's origin.

I actually liked crappy CG because it made it feel like 80's campy B films.

other than that it's so bad. But then again, B films are supposed to be bad. Maybe I like this film dunno

>Baba Yaga or re-doing HB's origin.
Possible sequel or ovar arc-ing bad guy throughout a three movie.

You have to do HB origin, he's a devel on Earth. The question just lingers as long as he is on screen. Smart move adding Lobster Johnson, only thing that saved that scene.

I loved it.
Awesome designs, good music, liked the tone.

>Time has passed
that sounds like code for 'let's rehash all the arguments we've already had about this'

It actually means "you can pirate this now so I finally saw it"

>we want the boomer rock soundtrack but we don't want to pay for it so just start every scene with a brain dead guitar riff and no one will know

Attached: 453276.jpg (500x322, 30K)

absolute fucking trash, except for the gore

Attached: 1557366750037.gif (300x169, 349K)

This movie made me hate unnecessary gore. Three decades on this planet and thousands of movies and this was the one where it happened.. Congrats.

It's like the Deltoro films if you removed any and all of the charm and character

What we lost 2019

Attached: hellboy 3.jpg (810x1024, 187K)

God this was so fucking bad looking

Wonder what mike is thinking right now

Attached: hellboy - oddest jobs.jpg (920x1431, 276K)

Screwed Ron Pearlman out of his trilogy. Saw an interview where they tried to ask how he felt about the new one and he just looked so broken by it

>I still have lots of money

never watched it I completely forgot about it

The Baba Yaga was great and felt like she was from the Del Toro movies. Everything else was bad.

>even Yea Forums defended Captain Marvel
come on brah that was shitposting

>The Baba Yaga was great and felt like she was from the Del Toro movies.

She was straight out of Evil Dead

Yeah, I didn't get why the crowd was cool with Hellboy, but was scared of the manbat

I wanna cum on her wig

HB is publicly known in this movie like the comics.

>everyone’s opinion is shit except mine

It's so fucking weird how the movie would take specific scenes from the comics and then make them worse. Like they just saw the pages out of order and out of context or something. I get adapting and putting your own spin on material but they literally took incredible cinematic moments and made them terrible or even nonsensical. It almost seemed intentional how bad Nimue was compared to how she is written.

Attached: Nimue_002.jpg (555x748, 48K)

watched this with my brother last month

cool i guess
that fucking blood c scene tho

>It's so fucking weird how the movie would take specific scenes from the comics and then make them worse. Like they just saw the pages out of order and out of context or something.

Attached: snyder-doomsday.jpg (700x400, 55K)

I fucking loved it.

The Baba Yaga shit was really good and creepy. Eating children and bargaining for Hellboy's Eye.

The giant fight was fun to watch.

I really hope we get a sequel, because of the Abe Sapien tease at the end.

Probably in my top 5 favorite comic book movies,

Dark Knight
Venom
Aquaman
Hellboy
Winter Soldier

Attached: hellboy_ver23_xlg.jpg (750x1200, 259K)

Pointless and stupid. The del Toro movies are perfect and I don’t want a stupid new version. We’ll probably get a new movie in a decade,before the license expires.

Attached: BB28DD94-9FE2-4651-9A28-6267B19E4DAE.jpg (1200x675, 82K)

>takes Miller's TDK Batman out of the TDK's world thus Batman becomes a bitter, grizzled, pill popping, increasingly militarized, mentally unstable old soldier with a death wish not as a reaction to the increasingly dystopic world he lives in but... because... Gotham has normal crime...?

The power of the Snyder Cut

Attached: smug homer.jpg (400x300, 32K)

He’s just too old and Jewish

The artbook is a goldmine, but the movie is complete and utter fucking g a r b a g e.
I remember taking my girlfriend and getting completely embarrassed to sit through it.

Yeah the child scene was creepy

At least HB knew it was brain dead

I thought it was pretty fun. I wasn't expecting an Oscar coming out of it but overall it wasn't horrible.

weak

Attached: BPRD werejaguar 19488.jpg (600x922, 139K)

It is weird that Mignola apparently thinks this is closer to how he sees Hellboy. I must've got the tone all wrong, because I can't see it at all.

Also, I live near Pendle Hill, and it pissed me off to an un-natural degree that the one in the movie looked fuck-all like it.

Mignola in general has been really weaselly about this film. He clearly was super involved from the start but as it went through production and clearly became shit he distanced himself and now is riding the I HAD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT line. Pretty sure he's also insecure because he stabbed Del Toro in the back and destroyed their friendship and years of a great collaborative relationship over a trash movie.

Attached: Untitled.png (1384x504, 82K)

Dogshit.

But.... kind of fun dogshit?

The 2004 movie seem like a masterpiece compared to this 2019 movie.

But the SFX look great

Why did literally everything in the movie explode like a Kool Aid balloon and why did everyone say fuck in every sentence when there is no gore or cursing in Hellboy and the tone has always been melancholy not edgy?

>I fucking loved it.
I like you.

>we're terrified of using Abe and Liz because we can't compare with Del Toro but we'll tease Abe for the cheap fan service pop built on Del Toro's work

Cancer

The Zack Snyder School Of Visual Filmmaking is a master class.

Attached: zack snyder robocop 1564611027746.jpg (1193x1500, 453K)

Fun, but terrible.

They could literally have David Harbor shitting on a plate and it'd be a better intro. They really started off on the wrong foot.

When I heard they had that as the post credits teaser, I knew I wanted nothing to do with this shit. I even have major problems with the Del Toro films, but even he had sense to have Abe as a long time BPRD agent. Then again the whole timeline and plot to this sounded fucked. They had endgame stuff from the final years of the Hellboy comic in the first fucking movie.

Attached: Del Toro with Oscar.jpg (132x168, 9K)

The whole timeline for this feels very thin, like we already had Baba Yaga and the Wild Hunt, but Abe and Liz aren't even there yet and Rasputin is still dead. They shouldn't have bothered to save stuff for sequels they were never going to have.

They just cherry picked shit that sounded like it woyld look cool. It makes no sense from how the plot of the books was built.

YO LIL DONNIE, I MADE A SEQUEL TO A MOVIE THAT CAME OUT 10 YEARS AGO. HOW YA LIKE THEM APPLES YA CHEETO BASTARD?

Which character's dialogue is this?

You'd have to be a real contrarian to defend this shitheap, or have absolutely 0 reference point for what a good or even watchable movie is supposed to look like. One of the worst movies ever made. Of course it lost money at the box office (on a 50 million dollar budget, no less).

The trailers said it all, shit story, shit characters, shit actors, shit makeup. shit world building, shit settings, shit cgi, shit writing, no soul or love put into it, I will never go out of my way to see it.

i don't have a problem with the main actor or it being rebooted just everything else in between and how it it was presented. Nobody asked for this and I was happy with how the other movies left off.

Attached: get shankasaured.png (286x360, 67K)

fucking hell i see children making shit better than this on blender all the time.

BvS was great, though.

I wasn't a fan of it. There was a bunch of stuff from the comic which could have been cool but this is basically wasted potential the movie. But Hellboy is my favorite comic so I might be harsher.

Attached: D9SoyRhWkAUyg6P.jpg orig.jpg (1185x1400, 312K)

Hellboy talking to Ruiz/Camazotz.

Del Toro says all the time he's the biggest Abe fanboy in the world, he likes him even more than HB. The fucker just won best Picture for his fanfic Abe origin movie.

This looks like a SyFy trailer.

Funny, because the bluray has a WAY BETTER VERSION OF IT.
youtube.com/watch?v=UX0OxXf35kU

>>MIlla Jovovich in a Death Stalker movie
>>I'll have my revenge, and Death Stalker 4!
DO IT

1/10

It's pretty obvious that the movie's problems are editing, pacing, and terrible post-production choices like the voice over and cheap edgy CGI gore. You could fix a lot of bad movies like this, especially considering they literally quadrupled the scene's length.

>>"And for FUCKING good reason"
Why.

>>Why.
Cause Al Swearengen, I guess.

Well. That was almost competent. What the fuck happened?

Mine too friend.
I love that DVD cover; the movie's still shit, but Harbor almost looks neat in Mignola art.

Yeah, it was nice when he did Perlman Hellboy as well.

Attached: hellboy_ii_the_golden_army35.jpg (1280x1024, 232K)

Might as well post the two other Perlman's he did.

Attached: 899bc5ba6d437084e84f0c0746b2ebbd.jpg (736x955, 77K)

Meant the other of the two. Not sure if he did anything besides these two.

He also did two posters for the Harbour one with the comic Hellboy. Pic related.

Attached: MV5BYWQ3MjQ1NzQtOTBiMi00MmExLWE5ZmUtMzZiOTAwM2ZkNzE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1MTc3ODI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,70 (704x1000, 83K)

Attached: Hellboy-Rise-Of-The-Blood-Queen.jpg (628x891, 369K)

And for fun, here's Mignola taking a stab at designing movie Hellboy's coat.

Attached: COAT2.png (1177x1489, 3.33M)

It was a fun action movie, but the del toro movies are still better.
In therms of visuals it was very good, but some of the characters felt off, like hellboy was WAY too much of a meathead here, and comparing trevor from the comics and the first movie to this one is like comparing the original dante to DmC donte. The pigman was perfect though.

The prime issue here is still that the pacing is way too crazy and they tried to cram way too much stuff (moreso form a story arc as big as this was) at once and the whole story suffered.

It was a mess that would have benefited from being a limited series. Honestly can't believe it got a theatrical release.

i feel asleep towards the ending

Yea I can't believe how fucking boring this was for all of the insane awful shit they'filled it with

This came out?

Not perfect, but genuinely a whole lot better. I'm honestly baffled why they went with black and white and the cringey narration.

I would be A-OK for a Old-Man Hellboy in Hell movie with less action and more just weird shit happening in all honesty familiar

That was always something I mulled over on my first read through of the Mignolaverse. he designs cool, but I could never understand the logistics of getting the hand in a trench-coat, or one of those BPRD shirts he wore in the 50's for that matter.

>I'm not taking orders from you old man
>I live in a van down by the river
I knew that scene reminded me of something but couldn't figure out what when I watched it.

Lol why the shit are you thinking about logistics in a Mignola drawing?

>NO MORTAL WEAPON CAN HARM ME!
>dies in 2 minutes
what the fuck? and the narrator is the worst part, sounds like a parody video

No snyderfag, it wasn't

BvS is a cult classic, even if you hate it, sorry

Stop giving him attention

Glad I wasn't the only one.

same with The Dark Tower

??????

There are some people under the delusion Hellboy 3 still had a chance.

is that Gary Oldman as Azzael?

Tom Waits. That's who Del Toro always intended.

Yep, like The Room and other shit like it.

coooooooooooooooooooool

Yea this is genius. The issue with them as father and son is they are the same age but since they both play immortal demons it isn't an issue.

Attached: Untitled.png (398x245, 225K)

If they do a new flick, they should have Pearlman play Azzael.

OH NO AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: Untitled.png (696x590, 335K)

That is what Abe is like in the comics though.
He's not the effiminate mensing queen he is in the movies.

Explain specifically in which ways comic Abe is "thug like"

What do you think they mean when they say "thug like".

You've never actually read the comics and you're probably low key racist or well trained useful tool because you're probably thinking that it's going to be a gangsta thing.

Attached: the hellboy movie.webm (1280x536, 2.93M)

Attached: hellboy giant fight.webm (640x270, 2.98M)

"Thug" has a broader definition beyond "stereotypical American black and macho"

Funniest part of the movie
It's so goofy to see decent looking and animated models combined with terrible green screen and ADR

is this a joke? looks almost worse than the rock in that mummy movie

>What are your honest thoughts?

Mignola on suicide watch.

I see this as a tragic case of wasted potential

The Baba Yaga scene. the deleted scene with Hellboy and Nimue in the shower or even the post credit scene with The Lobster tell me someone definitely was going in the right direction about the tone this was supposed to have, both for the serious stuff and for the comedy, but then there's so much that's tonally wrong in the movie. Muse? Kickstart my heart? FUCKING R O S A L I A playing in Mexico?????

I doubg Marshall approved any of that and I really want to blame it on studio interference, but there's stuff that's irredemable anyway...

After John Hurt's spot-on Professor Broom, having McShane play himself (as always) was jarring, and I didn't get sold at all with Alice or Daimio

also, while the apocalypse scenes were cool, sorry but #NotMyOgdruHem

All these posts and no one is talking about the succubus that landed the director halfway through production and destroyed this movie?

hollywoodreporter.com/news/kevin-tsujihara-more-executives-pushed-cast-actress-charlotte-kirk-1194090

Attached: gettyimages-460568122.jpg (780x1174, 107K)

how do you figure she's involved in what we got?
also, i'd have prefered her over Whatshername Black
Just how many redheads are we going to sacrifice to "diversity"?

Hopefully. He needs to stop or die before this gets worse

it was bad