THE EMMY-NOMINATED ANIMATED SERIES RETURNS FOR ITS SECOND AND FINAL SEASON PREMIERING ON DISNEY CHANNEL SUNDAY...

>THE EMMY-NOMINATED ANIMATED SERIES RETURNS FOR ITS SECOND AND FINAL SEASON PREMIERING ON DISNEY CHANNEL SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6.
youtube.com/watch?v=JkJtdJKCVto

Attached: star-wars-resistance-tall.jpg (1536x864, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

movieweb.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-bombs-disneyland-employees-hours-cut/
emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2019/outstanding-childrens-program
twitter.com/Wtforceshow/status/1161687523371782145
emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2016/outstanding-childrens-program
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one cares.

>second and final

Ha

This show bombed so hard that the second season is literally existing solely to be an existing ad for Galaxy's Edge.

Fuck Disney, SW only got worse in everyway because of them.

Clone Wars Animation still looks better. Fucking hell.

Attached: 1564339837947.jpg (297x302, 132K)

Which bombed so badly it dragged down the rest of Disneyland with it.

Apparently there’s rumors that Filoni and co are doing a new SW series after this and TCW season 7 are done so hopefully if it’s true it’ll be better than this garbage.

Did the show bomb, or are Disney moving away from the sequel era now that the last film is almost out?

It was picked up with two seasons, flopped, and was swiftly cancelled. They didn't even acknowledge it existing at Celebration

It hasn't bombed yet. Disneyland is primarily a local park, and blacking out APs to make the area not overcrowded went too well.

Wait until September, once DHS's is open and APs are no longer blacked out and Disneyland

What, how badly did it bomb?

movieweb.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-bombs-disneyland-employees-hours-cut/
These are employee comments
>Wait times this summer for the new Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run ride were expected to be over 2 hours long all summer, but in reality, the lines have been averaging half that or less. As a result, the company has been forced to cut our hours. The need for us to work simply isn't there."
>"Our hours have been cut to as a low as 30-35 hours some weeks, even though we have both worked for the park for years. It makes life challenging when your paychecks get cut unexpectedly."
>"I feel the problem is Star Wars took too long to build so they rushed the opening with only one cool feature. The only other big ride isn't even scheduled to open until the end of the year."
>"Part of the problem too has been all the hype surrounding the new Star Wars land. Tourists fear the anticipated crowds and the Los Angeles locals seem to be waiting out the summer crowds too.. Admission to the park is not cheap either, it is $149.00 for one park or $199.00 during peak summer weekends for a park hopper ticket. For many families, that adds up real quick."

Bullshit

Bullshit

they acknowledge it we got the poster and the first episode was shown at celebration

>and blacking out APs to make the area not overcrowded went too well.

They blacked out APs because they thought there was a lot of interest in Star Wars, didn't they?

>nominated in the same category that nominated Dog with a Blog three years in a row

Attached: ella2.png (159x106, 24K)

And nothing of value was lost.

Attached: 1522615049128.gif (231x263, 2.6M)

didney wars btfo

ok disneyshill

At least that mean old George Lucas isn't "ruining" it now with Jar Jar Binks and Poetry :^)

I think Disney underestimated how much people give a shit about Star Wars and George was laughing to the bank knowing full well that he was losing money making The Clone Wars

Spbp

That's been obvious since the beginning. Dave isn't hands-on leading Resistance, and they clearly cheaped out on the animation. They were obviously giving Dave time to oversee TCW and develop whatever his next thing is.

Wow, emmy standards sure have fallen

emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2019/outstanding-childrens-program
>A Series Of Unfortunate Events
>Carmen Sandiego
>Song Of Parkland
>Star Wars Resistance
>When You Wish Upon A Pickle: A Sesame Street Special

>SECOND AND FINAL

Attached: 1559147489829.png (904x401, 646K)

That is a mess of a category
>Is this half hour documentary about school shootings better or worse than a special about a magical pickle?

Everyone thought the park was going to be super crowded, so Disney actively was trying to discourage people from coming, and that worked so well that now people think the land failed.

twitter.com/Wtforceshow/status/1161687523371782145

I feel like I am the only person who watched S1,
the entire fucking season except for 2 or 3 eps was a bunch of filler garbage with little to no action.

Attached: serious face.png (960x540, 515K)

also
emmys.com/awards/nominees-winners/2016/outstanding-childrens-program
>dog with a blog
>girl meets world
>it's you're 50th christmas charlie brown
>nick news with linda ellerbee
>school of rock (the series)

what even is this category

Exactly what I expected it to be.

>the only person who watched S1,
You are a braver user than me.

Season one was complete shit, at least this one seems to have some point to it

I'm sure the soiboi crowd is ecstatic.

Attached: 1562010333682.jpg (1080x1080, 263K)

I’m not keeping up too much with the Disney -Era Expanded Universe, but what exactly is the ‘plot/context’ of the Galaxy’s Edge ride? And what happened in this trailer that gave away that the show is now focusing on the themepark stuff?

Attached: 7CC77AD3-0EA8-4E7B-B917-4FD1D982D90D.jpg (1240x1664, 192K)

>Mocking it for being two seasons
The show itself is good, but it was never going to go as long as rebels of TCW, which had much longer time frames to use in their stories than focusing on the sequel films timeline does.

It’s better that it’s telling the story it wants and getting out than trying to drag things along before we get the final season of TCW and whatever super sneaky project that totally won’t be old republic related series Fioni is doing

Can't see shit. That fatass Pablo blocked me yet I never talked to him.

got to make way for the disney+ original animated series

What's good about it? The filler episodes, or the filler episodes?

Galaxy's Edge is set on the planet of Batuu, a world on the boundary between the outer rim and wild space.
The Resistance and the First Order have both established bases on this world, as well as Hondo (who has borrowed the Millennium Falcon from Chewy, and is using it for smuggling runs)

I have several episodes on my DVR that I will surely get to before the new movie. Just bang them out.

Pablo basically confirmed that the show was picked up as a two season deal and got cancelled >And because this always trips people up: work on Season 2 started in summer 2017.

How is this show worth an emmy? Which episode was it that got the nomination?
The one where they walked and talked,
the one where they hung out and talked,
the one where they ran a couple times and talked or
the one where they just talked?

Have sex, incel.

Why would you make a show called "resistance" when you already have a show called "rebels" that also currently airing? What could you possibly have that would make it stand out?

Rebels ended before Resistance began

But the Resistance began before the Rebellion ended.

And nothing of value was lost.

the rebellion ended at an unspecified time after ROTJ, but before Jakku. The Empire was still around when that happened.

But you're forgetting that the Uprising happened just after the Dissent finished, which led to the Nonconformity against the Authority.

Anything without Darth Filoni is doomed to fail.

i feel sorry for that one person who worked on the show

>seething

Attached: 209.jpg (259x194, 7K)

Have sex

Yet there were barely any articles discussing the event. The panel had no good reveals and announcements. Also, they didn't even officially release the poster like they would a proper reveal. All I could see was crappy screenshots from it.

>A Series Of Unfortunate Events
>Carmen Sandiego

Literally the only two decent picks.

Dilate, tranny

Oh good, it's more angry white incels complaining about Star Wars. Haven't seen that in a while.

Tell me, what are your thoughts on Admiral Holdo?

Attached: Kingcandydisney.png (421x396, 104K)

>t. angry white incel

ABSOLUTE STATE OF THE SEQUEL TRILOGY

Attached: stroheimo.jpg (600x525, 60K)

Whobfucking cares?

She could use some brushing up on effective staff management techniques.

She is drinking cum?

>This is just like the Empire when I was a kid
Way to keep your First Order being nothing but a copy. Especially since there's no way they can have a military that big.

Biggest problem with resistance. That's show main character is a generic idiot hero.

I couldn't get past the shitty generic cellshaded CG. Clone Wars was a pretty low effort flash animation and it looked like a fucking masterpiece next to this crap.

it's all about stylization

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-07-20h04m45s815.png (1280x720, 878K)

>gets two seasons
>does the people
>”it was cancelled”
I don’t think cancelled means what you think it means, since it appears it was meant to be a two season show from the start

>Disney kills Star Wars
>Is surprised when no one is excited for Star Wars

The First Order is literally the Empire Remnants, stormtroopers and everything.

*does two seasons
fucking phone posting

>I feel like I am the only person who watched S1,
And you will die braver than most

>The Crimson Corsair in season 2
>The possibility of Kix showing up
this excites me

This is the only thing to be excited about

Attached: Kix and the crew.png (888x265, 654K)

Then they should act like Remnants. Small, surgical strikes designed to weaken the Republic. Spreading propaganda to make people lose faith in the Republic. Not somehow building another Death Star and even bigger fleet when they aren't the governing body with access to resources and manpower anymore.

>Then they should act like Remnants
More than half the Empire went into hiding to recoup at bases and shipyards in the Unknown regions. The "Imperial remnants" were destroyed by infighting and Republic. The First Order is a literal continuation of the Empire in tech and fiances. The Empire officially never collapsed. That was a sham created by Rax. Not only that but they had 30 years to plan, build tech and numbers.

If only any of this was in the movies.

literally the only thing in this video that intrigued me was the inclusion of some super battle droids at 1:21, just for the possibility of some tie to the clone wars.
why can't i transfer over to the timeline where clone wars lived already?

It's not important for the films, user. We never got the origin of the Empire in the OT. That questioned was answered almost 30 years later.

>We never got the origin of the Empire in the OT
All we need to know was they were the evil government. In the sequel trilogy they need to explain why the current government is letting the First Order run wild despite losing the war.

Wouldn't the virgin be the grown man who watches a star wars cartoon aimed at toddlers and defends it online?

>Incel

Attached: 20190413_014328.jpg (805x761, 37K)

>angry
>white
>incels

oh look its babbys first buzzword troll post

It's different though. The Empire dominating the galaxy was how Star Was was introduced to people in the first place.

Now making a sequel where the seemingly defeated empire suddenly has a big military force ready to take over again should take more set up than the nothing that the new movies gave.

How the fuck did Disney manage to poison the biggest movie franchise in history in such a short window of time? Not even Lucas pissed people off this bad

>RETURNS FOR ITS SECOND AND FINAL SEASON

Attached: EminentYearlyCardinal-max-1mb.gif (440x248, 831K)

And it probably only got two because the second season was in production when the first aired

IIRC in the Vader comics there’s a character who has a posse of Super Battle Droids as their main ‘muscle’, so I guess those droids are still floating around 30 years later.

Okay, so I’m guessing the second season of this show takes place between Episodes 7 and 8 to tie in with the theme park and Episode 9

literally read the poe comics and, god forbid, aftermath trilogy.
nu CIS is a faction after the Empire officially gives up the civil war (aftermath mentions it)
nemoidians on their home planet kept production of battle droids and shit going so they could have an easy robot guard (poe comic shows them for a couple issues)

batuu is a oc planet they made up for the land

>takes place between Episodes 7 and 8
The time between 7 and 8 is like a day tops

>More than half the Empire went into hiding to recoup at bases and shipyards in the Unknown regions
>More than half the Empire is totally okay with just abandoning their life
>Hidden bases and shipyardshave enough food and other resources to supply HALF THE EMPIRE for the years it will take them to establish
>The Unknown regions are so resource rich that you can outproduce the rest of the known galaxy after 30 short years

>EMMY-NOMINATED
Cute

Attached: CloneWarslogo.jpg (277x359, 29K)

Holy crap a Nu-CIS faction sounds like such a fun idea

>second season
YES
>and final
Dammit

Attached: 1552863111360.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

>animated Adam Driver as Kylo Ren
Please tell me he's doing the voice, too!

Attached: adam+driver+kylo+ren+snl.jpg (660x350, 48K)

it really doesn't sound like it, from the trailer. They probably figured it wouldn't be worth it to get Driver to voice Ren in a cartoon that flopped

IT'S OVER

next year

Guess not. Matthew Wood is being credited with the role.

>season one had Oscar Isaac and whatsherfacefrommemeofthrones
>season two doesn't even have Adam Driver
It's dead, bury it