TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE - INFINITE CRISIS and BLACKEST NIGHT

dccomics.com/blog/2019/08/14/the-infection-spreads-with-two-more-tales-from-the-dark-multiverse-coming-in

>THE INFECTION SPREADS WITH TWO MORE TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE COMING IN NOVEMBER

>DC Landmark Events Blackest Night, Infinite Crisis Are Next to Feel the Corruption

>On-Sale Dates Also Include Reprints of Blackest Night #1, Infinite Crisis #1 for $1

>BURBANK, CA – (August 14, 2019) – Born from the pages of the bestselling event Dark Nights: Metal, the Dark Multiverse continues to play havoc with some of the most memorable events in DC’s comic book history as the publisher announced today two more additions to the Tales from the Dark Multiverse series of prestige format one-shots.

Attached: TFTDM_BN_Cv1_FPO_5d53603c1636c3.76721239.jpg (390x600, 126K)

>TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: BLACKEST NIGHT #1

>Writer Tim Seeley (Nightwing) and artist Kyle Hotz (Swamp Thing: Roots of Terror) team up with cover artist Lee Weeks (Batman) to retell the tale of the Green Lantern event that changed the DC Universe forever, only this time the Black Lanterns emerge triumphant! Twenty-three days after the cataclysm, Sinestro, trapped between life and death as a White and a Black Lantern, emerges as the world’s last hope—the Limbo Lantern! In order to save the universe or end his life, he’ll need the help of some unlikely survivors—Dove, Lobo, and Mister Miracle—all of whom will put their lives on the line to give their world one final chance! This 48-page one-shot goes on sale November 13 for $5.99, and fans can also pick up a reprint of the original Blackest Night #1 the same day for just $1.

Attached: SinestroDesign%20Hotz_Baron_5d536111ce0b22.20770074.jpg (397x600, 60K)

>TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: INFINITE CRISIS #1

>Writer James Tynion IV (Justice League, Justice League Dark) and artists Aaron Lopresti (Wonder Woman) and Matt Ryan (Damage) team up with cover artist Lee Weeks for this dark turn on DC’s mega-event Infinite Crisis. The destruction of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman, the rise of Alexander Luthor and Superboy-Prime, and the rebirth of the Multiverse all began with Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle. Kord saw it all coming and died with secrets that could have saved the world. But in the Dark Multiverse, Blue Beetle survives, and with the death of Maxwell Lord by his hand, Ted sets off events that irreversibly alter the lives of not only the Justice League, but also his best friend, Booster Gold. In trying to prevent a crisis, Blue Beetle becomes the crisis, and the Dark Multiverse will never be the same. A $1 reprint of the original Infinite Crisis #1 will also be available when this 48-page one-shot goes on sale November 27, also for $5.99.

Attached: TFTDM_IC_Cv1_FPO_5d53618aa1ce01.15024973.jpg (390x600, 136K)

Tales from the dark multiverse sucks ass, it's literally the worst idea.

Fuck you.

I have literally zero interest in any of this.

The Judas Contract one could be interesting but all the other ones sounds lame (Killing Joke, really?).

>DC What If

Yeah ok.

Come on, don't even knock it until you read it. Like seriously, some of these sound good and are twisted what ifs.

No, FUCK YOU. Bad end what ifs are not creative.

this

It's the worst idea DC has had since their last idea

Why you gotta look at it like that bro? It's not totally bad ends, it's a look into the shit that happens in the Dark Multiverse. Some of these stories could be pretty good, I'm not gonna knock them just yet.

I doubt that alot of these stories are gonna be as simple as "everyone dies" like you're probably expecting it to be.

shill somewhere else

>How do you know it's shit if it isn't even out yet?
the poor sad lonely life of an unpaid DC shill

Attached: DC_House_of_Horror_Vol_1_1.jpg (1280x1969, 693K)

This, Marvel did them to death already and it wasn't good then and it's not good now.

Wait, they announced more other than these two and Knightfall/Death of Superman?

I just have no interest in reading more and more "remakes" of previous stories.

I loved the Cancerverse stuff in Marvel and how it didn't overstayed its welcome. The Dark Multiverse is tiring and frankly i'm done with it.

Man they are really pushing there dark multiverse nonsense.

Wasn't the whole idea of the dark multiverse was that those universes/stories were failures?

I hate Dark Multiverse for uncreative it is compared to the regular multiverse.

Attached: 1558129394951.jpg (1200x1819, 402K)

How can the dark multiverse have people that were never part of the fabric of the current multiverse, as they existed outside of it until Kal-L punched the wall really hard and they went back in IC?

I think it’s supposed to be less finite

We can come up with some half-assed explanation that it all happened after IC in a some kind of a retelling, or that Dark Multiverse existed outside of Crisis events, but the best idea would be to just accept it as What If? books, and not overthink it.
Or maybe they will try to explain it somehow, but I doubt it.

The Dark Multiverse is a reflection, a shadow, of the multiverse. All the changes, all the retcons, all the crazy shit also happened in the Dark Multiverse, but differently. It’s not that hard to grasp, user.

Is this the universe where everyone is Batman?

How can a shadow originate something that isn't a natural part of its point of origin? If literally everything unique in the multiverse is suddenly got thousands of potential versions thanks to dark universe reflections, it undermines the entire goddamn point of someone being a multiversal anomaly where they are completely unique being living outside of the metasphere. It makes things less special.

>No Two-Face
Wasted opportunity

House of Horror was so disappointing. I was so sad because I liked the first two Christmas specials and was hoping for some Halloween fun with DC superheroes. And instead I got tryhard shit.

If you put on a hat, your shadow will have a hat.

DC needs money so they are going back to what made them money I.E. Metal and DCeased

This looks fun at best and pointless at worst. You autistic fucks need to stop getting your panties in a wad about everything. Just don’t buy it, you goons.

Pass

>THE INFECTION SPREADS
Apt metaphor
The general idea about a somewhat evanescent group of realities spawned from nightmares and immoral choices wasn't even bad, but they had to go and make it about an actual multiverse with OC entities and shit
Hard pass

Dark Multiverse are a bunch of chaotic evil ideas that live and die like bubbles in a soda. They generate a lot of them but eventually it goes flat. Basically all these universes just start existing at one point, like what-ifs, with set of parameters. People think that there are events preceding them but in reality they got little to no actual timeline, meaning some of these universes have existed for little more than a year before they are destroyed and another one takes it places.

Most like shadows they come an go.

It was explained when The Batman Who Laughs recruits Red Murder.

Barbatos states that the Dark Universe is where bad ideas live, there is possibly where all the rape stories and rule 34 crap lives too.

The thing is that all of them end quickly without a trace.

Morrison had this one comic where he says that even fanfiction is canon in a possible multiverse, for better or worse, that would be dark multiverse, bad ideas go in there so all of them are supposed to end badly hence why they are so uncreative and anticlimactic.

Evil wins, world ends, another one takes its place.

Personally it is a really cool idea, it is like ram memory, everything there dissipates.

How about you start putting out some quality books and fire your shit writers, Didio?

Call me when they make a Death of the Family What If

Well I'm always down for more Blackest Night fun.

Why would he start now?

I’ll give it a chance

So this is basically DC what if?

I think he may have been meta, since the Dark Multiverse is explicitly about the worst ideas being realized.

Oh shit, are they finally going to do something about how the two Doves were immune to the Black Lanterns ten years after the fact? Better late than never, but jeez.

How would you go about writing Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Identity Crisis

Sue gets addicted to Dr.Light's cock.

I mean, they made it out to be a big deal. It let's then do more "elseworld" style stories with out MorrisonFags yelling "where does this fit into then52 Earths.

But it's all bad ends.

I’d say that Identity Crisis was a Dark Multiverse plotline that accidentally came true.

>Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Heroes in Crisis
ftfy

Crisis on Infinite Earths: Dark Multiverse would just be 22 pages of the Anti-Monitor hanging out in the White Space after he wipes out the entire Multiverse.

It's revealed that Ralph is one who raped and later murdered Sue because she wanted to leave him. To not tarnish the Justice Leagues good name Manhunter mind wiped everyone and framed Doctor Light

I was gonna write a thing about No Man’s Land where Lex buys Gotham from the federal government and turns it into the largest prison in the world, but I realized I was just describing the beginning of Arkham City.

>Kyle Hotz
Fuck yeah.

Holy Shit This is 100% Gold comment

At that point there was no multiverse at all. The current Multiverse was created during IC itself when the towers tuned Earth to bring back several destroyed Earths, then they were all fused together by the end, but their potentials still remained inside the main Earth as it replicated into 51 copies. Then when Mr.Mind ate parts of their histories the Earths took forms often resembling the older Earths due to that.

His endgame was destroying all positive matter universes and adding their energy to the negative matter one. Basically, like a giant cosmic amoeba. Sort of like the First Firmament really.

More like Ewing's OC does something sorta like the Anti Monitor.

well this sounds fun

From the Thumbnail I thought it was the female Dr.Light.

Attached: 909744-drlight_rodolfo_migliari.jpg (621x960, 52K)

so was like half of the what ifs

All of this sounds fun. The Dark Multiverse opened the door for a totally new kind of Elseworlds.

....That is suspiciously alike.

...Yeah, horrible ones. They are by definition the shitty stories, the guaranteed bad endings.
Barbathos was literally created to ensure they would end.

I wish it didn't.

It would have been a good idea if it wasnt just all bad endings

God I hope the World Forger just gets rid of that shitpile of a multiverse after the Perpetua nonsense

leave it as it is.

Yes, because the World Forger was such a great idea...

The dark multiverse has existed for less than a year and they are already “changing it” lol

Isn't this just copying Secret Wars in a way? Limited run series that are titled with past crossover titles?

These are one-shots. I'd say this is more like the Convergence minis that they were running around the time of Secret Wars. Or when they resurrected dead books for an extra issue (like Suicide Squad, a book cancelled back in the early 1990s) for Blackest Night

So basically What Ifs with the exception that they are all edgy crap? Pass, everything related to the Dark Multiverse is shit.

>Isn't this just copying Secret Wars in a way?
No, it is like copying the What Ifs.

DC did "what ifs" before you kids started calling them that way.

No user, Stan Lee invented Elseworlds and everyone else just plagiarized Based Disney

Pretty sure that's why the Omniverse was established.

WE GOTTA START SOMEWHERE

MAYBE HE CAN FULL EVIL AGAIN AFTER AND SUPERMAN CAN PUNCH HIM OUT OF THE WHOLE MULTIVERSE FOR GOOD.

No but seriously you know what the real tragedy of this event is? The new Wonder Woman issue dropped, and out of all the storytimes and previews posted on /coi/ today nobody gives a shit about her current run to storytime it. Not even me. And I read the thing. DC can call it a trinity all they like, Batman’s carrying the other two most of the time.

Wonder Woman almost never got storytimed at a regular time, because the usual guy who ripped the issue (thornn-empire) always posted his links very late (usually around 11:00pm est).
He quit, so no one was ripping the book for the last month, and no one was storytiming any of it

>cancerverse copy
>batman who lmaos shit

Why is this a thing?

This is unbelievable, but apparently the Batman Who Laughs is super, super popular for the normie demographic of comic book fans.

I don’t know why.

I guess it’s easier to sell a really dumb, loud concept than one that-and I don’t mean to say comics SHOULD be damn novels, just have actual nuance to their characters. Like Tintin. I am saying Laughs is a less complex and developed character than Tintin-requires you to think for more than 10 seconds.

>...Yeah, horrible ones. They are by definition the shitty stories, the guaranteed bad endings.
So like the majority of Elseworlds?

Because it fucking sucks. Her current status quo sucks. Her current plot sucks. Everything about her currently sucks.

Batman+Joker was basically tailor-made to be normie bait. So much so that Harry Osborn's kid stood up and said "I'd fuck that."

>More Dark Multiverse

Wow, another thing I never asked for.

Attached: eyes.png (1229x1330, 1.78M)

Isn't every Dark Earth blinked out of existence soon after creation?

they're not blinked out of existence, they go through a cataclysm that destroys the universe. So basically this series will be "What If [Event] Had a Bad End?"

>hence why they are so uncreative and anticlimactic.

Then why would people want to read them?

My problem with Dark Multiverse stories is that is bad end, so we know what will happen. I would really rather have DC do an 'Exiles' of the Dark Multiverse where heroes from the normal Multiverse intervene and attempt to change their fates like what Artemis and Bizarro did to that one DM world where Lex empowered everyone.

Id have maybe Sideways, Jessica Cruz, Booster Gold, Orion...

For me, it’s that the big bat in charge literally got beaten up and chained away by the League. How are you supposed to take this shitpile seriously when the closest thing it has to a creator entity got it’s shit pushed in only in the last event? At least in the Cancerverse the Many-Angled Ones are truly top dog barring somebody pushing in an actual Abstract.

Was Barbatos really in charge? her duty is to eat these dark universes, right? so the Dark Multiverse are just universes that she didnt bothered to eat. But since World Forger is currently part of the JL, I suppose its a moot point

He installed Hawkman as his own dragon, the Dark Knights were under his orders when they sank the positive matter multiverse into the dakr one, there was a SHITTON of nightmare Supermen and Wonder Women and one Darkseid avatar for some reason throwing themselves like mooks at the JL when the sinking was well under way and when he was torturing Bruce he showed off a “galaxy of worlds” of nightmare batmen. And all the worlds seemingly self-destruct completely unless Barbatos decides to spare beings from them. At that point it seems redundant to consider whether there’s any higher power to him down there.

...is what I would have thought, if discussion about the Otherkind in JLD by Nabu and Constantine didn’t mention some sort of “Great Darkness” awakening in the “sphere” around the Dark Multiverse. What the shit they’re recanonising the Great Darkness saga, saying the Darkness was basically only using 1% of it’s power and extending the Sphere of the Gods to the DM?

I for one welcome our new edgy overlords.

>My problem with Dark Multiverse stories is that is bad end, so we know what will happen.
Change that with "good end" and you got the regular multiverse.
It's not about the ending, it's about the journey and all that.

you're thinking of What IF? Elseworlds were just alternate universes for the most part.

What i'm saying is that the majority of the Elseworlds sucked and dealt with bad-endings.

No, they didn't.

Yes, they did. Even the popular ones everything sucks.

we can argue about the quality of the books all night, but most of them had a happy ending, or at least a non-"everything's fucked" ending. Kingdom Come and Red Son are probably the most famous, and they have unambiguously "good" endings.

I disagree on both having good endings, but outside of them most had bad ending or dealt with end of the world scenarios. Characters would usually turning evil like in the Blood Rain series or all die like in that weird Created Equal one.

Barbatos wasn't the creator deity. The actual creator deity of the Dark Multiverse is the guy that Superman just punched in Justice League.

Barbatos was left there to destroy the worlds that weren't worthy existing, but then attempted to take over, putting Hawkman in the forge to create more dark nightmare worlds.

In a shocking plot twist, it turns out better than it initially did, leaving the readers with the knowledge that a world that avoided it is doomed to die anyways because Dark Multiverse.

aw shit, Lobo?

>the tale of the Green Lantern event that changed the DC Universe forever
I mean...did it really?

Blackest Night caused the resurrection of Zoom and thus Flashpoint

wonder if cap's gonna get jobbed in this too

>the Dark Universe is where bad ideas live

No wonder the entire concept of a dark multiverse is such a bad idea.

One could argue that Zoom wouldn't have caused Flashpoint if Barry hadn't returned in Final Crisis.

We are the shadow of the world where DC didn't make this shit.

It's not a bad idea, just terrible execution. It should have been elseworlds with no happy endings or the villains win. What we get is canon bullshit of edginess that has to fuck with continuity. Just be an elseworld and STAY an elseworld thing.

Attached: 1565188463743.jpg (983x1504, 110K)

The problem with all of this is I think DC finally figured out that their Elseworld comics and big events sell the most, and they can't think of anything to do in the main continuity. So they have been desperately trying to merge them for a good decade or more now and it just doesn't work. Events should be rare and elseworlds stay as elseworlds

Attached: 1535387048389.jpg (500x764, 93K)

If there's one thing I hate, it's retarded "What if Event X Had a Bad End Instead?" one-shots where the plot it completely rushed through, which is what Marvel has been doing for like a decade. DC copying that instead of actually doing interesting Elseworlds with weird concepts like Batman fighting Dracula and turning into a vampire himself, Superman being a communist propaganda tool, the JL set in the Wild West, etc. is retarded.

>Isn't this just copying Secret Wars in a way?

Secret Wars was basically doing actual Elseworld stories. This is DC halfassing Marvel's What If? line, which btw, has sucked for years and that's why Marvel barely does them anymore because they ran it to the ground with shitty event tie-ins nobody cared about.

Nah. The problem is that Dan Didio love edgy shit, but he finally realized that the readers and audience doesn't care at all about the New 52 setting. So now he's trying to both bank on nostalgia, by redoing old story-lines, and falling back on edge like always, by redoing the old story-lines with an edgy twist.

You can see this with their animated movies too. They stopped adapting the New 52 story-lines because the audience couldn't give a crap about those, so now they're adapting classic story-lines such as Judas Contract, Death of Superman, Reign of the Supermen, Hush, and so on. But like always they have to change stuffs around to make the adaptations more edgy.

Well it doesn't have to be a rushed ending...but having the title "dark universe" would ruin whatever surprise of it. It just needs to NOT BE CANON. DC should just do longer elseworlds since they sell better. I mean shit, people keep buying reprints of the comics you talk of and more, but won't give 2 shits to the main run.

Attached: 01.jpg (1280x1966, 345K)

>No but seriously you know what the real tragedy of this event is?

Wonder Woman not having a storytime for lazy retards to mooch isn't a tragedy. It's just further proof that DC doesn't really know what to do with Wonder Woman, and expecting Wilson to do it was kinda laughable when basically everything outside of Kamala Khan hasn't been well received by her.

>Just be an elseworld and STAY an elseworld thing.
That's literally "Tales from the Dark Multiverse", self contained stories with bad endings that take place in the Dark Multiverse.

>Well it doesn't have to be a rushed ending

But it more often than not is, because American writers aren't very good at pacing and when you're doing an alternative ending to an old story you have to spend so much time on the set up that there usually isn't much room for the actual story. That's why so many of Marvel's What If? stories tend to suck, because it's EVENT TWEEEST first, telling a compelling story second priorities.

>They stopped adapting the New 52 story-lines because the audience couldn't give a crap about those, so now they're adapting classic story-lines such as Judas Contract, Death of Superman, Reign of the Supermen, Hush, and so on

So they've just gone back to what they were doing before shifting to New 52 era stories. What a radical change!

Did you forget the second part about them changing the stories to add dumb, edgy twists, as well add swear words, over-the-top violence and gore, and sex? They actively make these stories worse when adapting them because of all the bullshit they add.

It's a far cry from the day os New Frontier and Under the Red Hood when they'd actually try to improve the original stories.

But aren't these Dark Multiverse stories all supposed to happen already with the Bad Ending tho?
From what I've seen they all seem like the stories take place after the bad ending has happened
>Batman stays broken and gets completely replaced, the story is about Bane's son fighting back
>Superman is dead, the story is about Lois going crazy
>The Black Lanterns won, the story is about Sinestro and the survivors

>Change is bad when I dislike it
>Change is good earlier when I still liked it!

New Frontier was a shit adaptation, broheim. They're always changing things because you literally cannot do comic storylines in 70 minutes unless it's a fifty page one-shot, in which case you actually tend to have a problem with there not being enough direct content to cover the whole running time, as was the case with the Killing Joke, so they had to pad it out with original stuff.

Change is good when they cut the unnecessary and cringe shit of the original story, or add something that expand or fix an issue of the original story.
Change is bad when they change shit just for the sake of changing shit, or add over the top violence, profanity, and sex in an attempt to make the original story feel more "adult".

That's a dumb costume
And that's a badass costume

>Change is bad when they change shit just for the sake of changing shit

They change stuff because in order to adapt a storyline it has to be streamlined and reworked to fit the running time. You cannot just cut stuff out, dumbass.

>boo-hoo, there's profanity and more graphic violence now

Grow the fuck up.

They changed stuffs because they're terrible writers and like to add dumb, edgy twists. You can't possibly convince me that their changes for Hush made the story better or were made to better fit the story in the running time they had. They changed the plot to add a really fucking dumb twist and to the add profanity, sex, and other stupid shit.

The current animated movies suck, user. They sucked when they were trying to adapt the New 52 story-lines really badly, and they continue to suck now that they're trying to adapt the classic story-lines for their shitty shared animated universe.

Everything about modern DC suck. Look at this shit. Redoing classic events, but with an edgy twist. Because they've given up on making worthwhile stories, so they'd rather rape the past.

it's not like you could really make Hush's story worse

But they managed to do it, user. They actually did make the story worse. They managed the impossible.

I don't mind bad end What ifs but the way Snyder has structured the dark multiverse is insufferable. It sounds like it's way bigger than the normal multiverse but it's also much more narrower.
More stories but less variety.

I'm not gonna lie, seeing Ted Kord written as some ultrapowerful evil guy just curbstomping the rest of the DCU is so out there I think I'll bite

I cant wait for the shitstorm that is Dark Multiverse Killing Joke.

Attached: 6efb75b421511c71df596576d7a4c15be08f8b5fce2afc7953ee7dae5a919397.jpg (600x300, 164K)

i cut myself on edge just reading that title, fuck

The Dark Multiverse, as Scott Snyder wrote it, is simple the cauldron of the omniverse. It is the place where the universe are made. The good universes ascend to be a part of the normal multiverse and the bad universes are destroyed by Barbatos.
Barbatos just grew angry about being the trash collector and plotted to take over the Dark Multiverse so he could eventually breach the normal multiverse, but that's supposed to be over now.

So in theory DC should be free to do Elseworlds freely without worrying about canon, but instead of doing that they're using the concept to do edgy What Ifs.

>You can't possibly convince me that their changes for Hush made the story better or were made to better fit the story in the running time they had

While I haven't seen Hush yet, considering how the original story is twelve issues of running around chasing red herrings until a multiple fairly superfluous tweeeeeests at the end, you literally could not do that in 70 minutes without cutting and having to alter a ton of the story to make it work, because the entire original story is this massive conspiracy mystery that relies on chasing around every major Bat-villain before it turns out to be the new OC character all along, and you obviously want to keep certain iconic moments like the Superman being controlled by Ivy bit, etc.

And if the Riddler bit is true, I don't know, depending on the execution of course, it actually makes sense when you're adapting the story to streamline it in that way, so that the asspull where Tommy is only a bad guy with against Batman because waaaaaah Bruce your daddy ruined my ploy to become rich like you as a kid waaaaah isn't as stupid and time consuming to establish and wrap up.

Just because you get triggered by profanity does not mean it's bad because of that.

>More stories but less variety.
that's Scott Snyder's entire oeuvre

>So in theory DC should be free to do Elseworlds freely without worrying about canon, but instead of doing that they're using the concept to do edgy What Ifs.

But the Dark Multiverse is only remembered for the edgy shit.

Go watch the movie before speaking shit trying to defend it then. The dumb twist didn't anything worthwhile to the movie. If anything brought it way down. They actually made the dumb comic worse.

What's next? You're going to praise their adaptation of Judas Contract that starred their shitty version of Damian Wayne? Come on, user.

>this movie is shit!
>go watch it!
I'm good

Then stop trying to defend it like your life depended on it.

Maybe be slightly less butthurt and admit that Hush is such a convoluted story that it had to be completely reworked in order to make it fit a 70 minute time frame. And adding changes under such circumstances makes more sense than trying to stick to the original story, especially when the original story is trash.

It's one thing to say they failed to make it better, but to cry and whine that FUCK YOU ALL CHANGE AM BAD is stupid criticism that only a eleven year old would make.

Nah, I am waiting for Morrison's kino instead

Attached: GL-Blackstars-cover-1-Liam_Sharp500.jpg (500x759, 236K)

Have you watched it? It's not just because the original story was convoluted and sucked. Their changes didn't make a single improvement. It just added unnecessary edge and made it more convoluted. You can shit on the original story all you want, it doesn't change the fact that they made it worse.

Why are you so insistent on defending their honor? I don't get it. It's not even a single movie that they made worse when adapting it. It's pretty much the majority of them. It's a consistent thing. Their changes are also transparent as fuck. It's all done to make it better fit their shitty shared universe and add edge and twists.

>Snyder: “So the Dark Multiverse is the designated shitty street of the entire cosmos where all the worst possibilities, anxieties and hopes are hammered out into-“
>Morrison: *Laughs in Green Lanterns having never existed in the first place, Oa being the skeleton-paved haunt of vengeful demons*

>with out MorrisonFags yelling "where does this fit into then52 Earths.
>he literally call out the the 52 earths are just the local group of universes
>fucking confirmed the existence of Earth-53
Stop being retarded.

Attached: 1AB9D449-09D3-46EE-8CB8-348A84A771D3.jpg (1041x1600, 527K)

Stop comparing original source material to what Ewing obviously ripped off.

Attached: E3F326AF-6D25-4902-A6E0-0A57E6A36102.jpg (498x640, 164K)

But DC thought of the concept of both Elseworlds and multiverse story first user. Read some fucking comics for once.

Based

>Snyder: “So now Sinestro can tap into a new spectrum never seen before that is ultraviolet and-“
>Morrison:*Laughing in radio wave, x-ray and infrared GLs*
>Miller: “So my Superman is really chad who fucked Lois, Diana and Lor-“
>Morrison:*Laugh as Hal fuck a space vampire queen and a GODDAMN planet*

Attached: 8841758E-1477-4D07-B0BA-E7AF3379BDD6.jpg (560x1359, 318K)

>not 22 pages of the Anti-Monitor throwing a tantrum like an angry little brother at the Monitor
>”This is all YOUR fault”
>”Mom’s angry with all of us because of YOU”
>”All my stuff is gone because of YOU”
>”THIS ISNT FUN ANYMORE, IM GOING HOME AND IM TAKING MY ANTIMATTER WITH ME”

seriously current JL canonises the fact the Anti-Monitor’s entire motivation is being a huge pathetic whiner pissbaby over Monitor sacrificing his toys for his mission.

>fucked Lois, Diana and Lor-
Da fug? I don’t remember that, when was that a thing?

Miller's Superman: Yeah One.

Yeah, that's a smart move. His style is so idiosyncratic that it doesn't fit everywhere or in the average book, but this is the sort of story where I think it would be a great fit.

Honestly I'm surprised that he's not getting more work with Marvel in connection with Absolute Carnage right now. That Venom Unleashed one-shot he did a few months ago was great.

What's point of this Tales of Dark Multiverse?

To sell comics

>Multiverse
No one is talking about Multiverse, the concept of "What if this story went that way instead" was first introduced by Marvel.

Saying otherwise is asinine and shows an unhealthy company loyality that leads to being retarded enough to lie on the internet.

>Ted Kord: Monarch

Okay... you got me. I'm willing to give this a go.

Shit like this is whyDC is on the verge of shutting down.

Attached: Cash.jpg (320x438, 22K)

No, that is the Anti-Monitor armor.

the First Firmament isn't really comparable to the Anti-Monitor beyond a basic level of wanting to eat the multiverse

>Activly designing a place for all the bad ends and shit to create a massive amount of suffering for no reason.

>He's both. He's the Anti-Monarch

>not Antimonitor vs a bunch of pissed off Lobos who cant die fighting each other and him for infinity in whitespace

Yeah and they're a shitty premise because they ALL have to end in the worst possible way. There's no point reading because it's all a foregone conclusion.

>and a GODDAMN planet
Wait, what? He fucks his own ring and occasionally barely legal space girls, but a planet?

Attached: 4402096-4260221920-arisi.jpg (947x843, 134K)

Lobo can die if nothing is left of him, which is exactly how the Anti-Monitor operates.

People forget how ridiculously OP the Anti-Monitor was back in the day. He fucked up Superman. Superman! And he killed Supergirl! This was at the tail-end of the Silver Age, when Kryptonians had power-levels which are now spoken of in terms of bewilderment. And even so he was even more powerful than that.

...In an odd sort of way, yes, he had.
The planet was in love with him, and Hal went inside of it. I mean there was full-on penetration.

Attached: Green_Lantern_Vol_2_24.jpg (400x587, 76K)

They're all just What Ifs?, I don't see what's so bad about that.

Is Bendis from the dark universe?

These Lee Weeks covers are amazing. Dude should be the alternate cover artist for a big series - his stuff is just lovely.

Correction: Supergirl nearly killed HIM by punching him in the back, which is goddamn embarassing for a cosmic being. Superboy Prime DID kill him by punching him. Really hard. Imagine if Abraxus or Nekron or the First Firmament or the Great Darkness was beaten by being punched really hard. That is how the Anti-Monitor do.

Nekron was beaten by getting zapped really hard

That if we shouldn't care because we already know how they will end

It's not about the end, it's about the story.
Maybe it's because I've always been a fan of elseworlds and what ifs, but I for one am interested.

Fuck off shill.