What are some good space opera comics or animated films...

What are some good space opera comics or animated films? Something visually impressive and exciting like the GOTG films or Star wars.

Attached: 1565772100218.gif (540x230, 2.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_opera
desuarchive.org/co/thread/107605974/#107605974
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Valérian and Laureline
The Incal
Storm by Don Lawrence
Prophet

my favorite genre! I’m not going to recommend anything Star Wars-related because it’s the one everybody knows.
Comics:
- Valerian and Laureline
- Terra, a webcomic
Animation:
- Heavy Metal 2000, isn’t as good as the original but it counts as space opera.
- Titan AE, underrated movie that was ahead of its time imo
Voltron Legendary Defender, despite the fandom focusing on shipping it’s a neat example of space opera
There’s comics and animation for both Mass Effect and Halo if you like either of those franchises.
Capeshit that falls under the space opera label includes Superman, legion of Superheroes, and Green Lantern.

As much as I love space opera there’s not a ton of it in comics or animation (unless you count superheroes); for whatever reason it’s more the realm of video games and novels.

Kirby's Fourth World and Lemire's Descender would fit the bill, too.
If you're open to some strangeness, check out Philippe Druillet's Loan Sloane

Thanks

Has anyone done a Watchmen /TDKR style prestige miniseries that is also a space opera?

Are there any comics with a Han Solo/ Starlord type lead?

Dreadstar deserves a mention.

Omega Men

Treasure Planet

Voltron has so many flaws that I cant suggest it to anyone despite the positives. You might as well watch literally almost any other Japanese space operas if you want a giant robot fix.

I recommend the Galaxy Express 999 movies too.

Wake. But fair warning, it's in French and our resident scanslationfag has fallen off the face of the earth.

Love that film!

Thanks.

Link?

maybe not quite space opera, but it's science fiction: Shangri-La by Mathieu Bablet.english scanlation on libgen

Attached: shangrila_example_enscanl_halfsize.jpg (997x1438, 999K)

meant to post this page

Attached: shangri-la_halfsize.jpg (1141x1528, 1.36M)

Dani Futuro
sadly unstranslated and in alegal limbo

>The Incal
page 10 bump with The (Airtight) Hermetic Garage of Jerry Cornelius (original title)

Attached: airtight_garage_of_jerry_cornelius.jpg (960x1269, 255K)

I thought "space opera" meant that it had singing until I was 20 years old

Attached: ZPhq97Z.jpg (163x167, 14K)

SkyDoll's another one that some might classify as space opera (more than one planet at least), there's dancing, can't recall whether there's any singing

Attached: skydoll_two_page.jpg (750x845, 90K)

Space Opera just means space adventure/ fantasy as opposed to hard scifi

That agrees with en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_opera
>Space opera is a subgenre of science fiction that emphasizes space warfare, melodramatic adventure, interplanetary battles, chivalric romance, and risk-taking. Set mainly or entirely in outer space, it usually involves conflict between opponents possessing advanced abilities, futuristic weapons, and other sophisticated technology.
This old thread desuarchive.org/co/thread/107605974/#107605974 also had a few examples:
(for and )
- Wake (Sillage in original French) - see libgen search for Wake, Sillage or Morvan
- Space Trawler
Another thread suggested Black Science and Metabarons.

Attached: Wake 01 - Fire And Ashes 001_censored.jpg (960x1290, 850K)