WHAT IF The Green Lantern Corps Never Existed

Grant Morrison launches Green Lantern: Blackstars, with artist Xermanico

>Across the DC universe, come November 2019, once-familiar faces wielding Lantern power rings now wear a different uniform and enforce a new type of galactic law. The Green Lantern Corps is dead—long live the Blackstars in a new three-issue miniseries, Green Lantern: Blackstars, by Grant Morrison and Xermanico

>Who are the Blackstars? What are they? Answers will be revealed as the unstoppable Blackstars set their sights on the demons of Ysmault, Mongul…and a tiny, backwater planet called Earth in Green Lantern: Blackstars #1. Paving the way for more exciting Green Lantern adventures in 2020, a dangerous new chapter of the Green Lantern mythology starts on November 6th.

>“Oa is the skeleton-paved haunt of vengeful demons,” teases Morrison on the new project, “And the Blackstars—a sinister cult of universal peace and harmony, involving surrender to the will of the insidious and/or possibly illuminated Controller Mu—are in the process of subjugating the universe to their creed.”

Attached: FE4EB261-3855-4DB8-B0B4-93F83B1487EB.jpg (1318x2000, 864K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2019/08/14/what-if-the-green-lantern-corps-never-existed-grant-morrison-xermanico-rewrite-dc-history-blackstars/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Following the catastrophic events of The Green Lantern #12 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp, scheduled to hit shelves October 2nd, 2019, no Green Lanterns can be found patrolling their space sectors…not a single power ring lights the darkness! What happens in the finale of Morrison and Sharp’s incredible year-long run is shrouded in mystery, but the Green Lantern Corps is no more! Scratch that—they never existed in the first place. What has Hal Jordan done?

>“Jordan’s one of the Blackstars’ primary operatives,” continues Morrison. “He’s central, although the Cosmic Vampire Countess Belzebeth vies with him for control of the narrative in Blackstars. Hal Jordan is the kind of man who will excel in any situation, so naturally he’s an elite Blackstar in this altered-continuity.”

>Green Lantern: Blackstars #1, written by Grant Morrison with art by Xermanico, debuts in comic book stores and online retailers on Wednesday, November 6th with the first of three triptych covers by Liam Sharp and a variant cover by Darick Robertson.bleedingcool.com/2019/08/14/what-if-the-green-lantern-corps-never-existed-grant-morrison-xermanico-rewrite-dc-history-blackstars/

Morrison I love you, you crazy bastard.

>no Sharp
Wtf

Ah fuck, it's actually the new GL book after some crisis shit
Sasuga Grant

Prepping S2 I guess

Doing the three interconnected covers as he continues to work on the ten (at least) remaining issues after this

Has his GL been good? I dropped off after the first few issues

I’m a big fan. He’s doing the Multiverse stuff now.

If you didn't like the first couple of issues you won't like the most recent ones.

Now that's a sexy white martian.

WHY MORRISON WHY

WHY DONT YOU WRITE AN ELSEWORLD ABOUT THE MANHUNTERS

Attached: download (4).jpg (185x272, 20K)

>Hal Jordan is the kind of man who will excel in any situation, so naturally he’s an elite Blackstar in this altered-continuity.”
It's not canon? Good, I can skip it

>morrison said he was done with comics
>meets didio during dinner
>didio offers him green lantern
>morrison declines but then gets excited when he thinks of what he can do and gets to do whatever he wants
>signs on for more issues
>now this
Say what you will about Didio but he pulled this off perfectly.

This almost sounds like a Dark Multiverse story.

A multiverse of Earth 3's? Morrison is probably mad he didn't come up with it first.

Yeah Didio is based, all things considered.

>another au from the guy who's clearly bored of writing comics

fucking hell, isn't this shitlord supposed to be creative or something

would it kill him to make a pitch that would actually get comics moving again, or is that too much for the guy who can't even figure out a way for the batmobile's tires to get pumped

seriously, he's fuckin 60 years old, if he's saving his best work for the end of his career he's waited about 20 years too long

we get the joke Didio, "what if Green Lantern was terrible"? ha ha it's hilarious, Can we please have Hal n Pals and Jess and Baz back please?

Guys like Didio and Lee are actual industry people with connections in the industry. The biggest difference between them and a non-writer like Johns is Johns couldn't find any talent, and had to rely on his old friends like Robinson, Dixon, Rucka, Waid and whoever.

When he does that, publishers pave over it instantly no matter how many years and effort he put into it. This is his own fun little pocket right now, glad to have space cop adventure stories for a couple years.

He probably did, what do you call Universe B?

Is the Dark Multiverse Multiverse-2?

No, it's supposed to be the shadow of the local multiverse.

Yes. Like the Dark Multiverse.

>çanonfag
lol

he did 12 issues in a row and his art isn't half assed either
for a big two comic that's almost unheard of nowadays

It's kind of remarkable how well it worked out. The planning I guess, giving him a headstart, but I also gotta say the old man seems hungry, like he's really putting work in, and I'm glad it's paying off. Anyway in the age it interchangeable, sloppy, house-style fill in artists and pages, it's a refreshing rarity.

I'm really impressed by this new Morrison guy.
Maybe they'll give him JLA some day!

>eyebeams
>powerful villain daughteru
>hanging out with the main character for some reason
>edgy as fug

Everyone kept saying Morrison was dabbing on Snyder with Dimension X and the radio aliens until he suddenly brought up the Dark Multiverse, but I suddenly realise Countess Belzebeth might be a low key dab on Johns and Grail.

I think it's just because Morrison likes goth girls.

WHERE'S KYLE RAYNER

Morrison got his fill of Kyle on JLA.

Huh. Wouldn’t mind him writing Grail then, if his GL run has proven anything it’s that he can write a fun story with literally any character. Even ones whose whole character can be boiled down to ONE DAY WE MET A GIANT FROM DIMENSION X WHO LOOKED LIKE MY BUDDY OLIVER FOR SOME REASON

I hope Hal and Belzebeth bang

Hal would have more likely banged Belzebeth in sun eater form, since she would’ve been younger.

he doesn't deserve a book this good

Attached: 3549C731-1030-4C6C-8096-D800B01350D8.jpg (675x1024, 214K)

Attached: 72B6D440-4292-463F-AB9C-50C24EAF5D21.jpg (675x1024, 343K)

Man, I just want Ferrin Colos back.

>with artist Xermanico
a literal who from deviantart

What an absolute sex god.

Attached: 1429312088813.jpg (500x722, 106K)

is the one on the front jessica?

Attached: 1202F9EE-459F-4C7D-81F9-A5174463BEA5.jpg (1200x1821, 859K)

Is this because Morrison failed as a tv writer? I heard Happy is cancelled due to halved views.

lol he's adapting Brave New World for the syfy channel now
they don't even want any more of his original properties

It bums me out that this run isn't near ASS in quality.

OOOHH! thats so cool!

When will Grant bite the bullet and take over DiDios or Lee' position
I guess after he gets a few movies and shows under his belt?

Bunch of whiny faggots with shit taste.

Cooke, Timm, or Cho?

Wait is the guy in the back Simon? Or is it John?

So this is what Mu was building? A retcon machine?

Attached: 72142781-1A77-4811-81D7-88D3C2834496.jpg (922x1400, 1.02M)

>ten
He confirmed season 2 will be in 12 issues as well.

Very good but if you don’t like the first couple of issues, you’re going to hate it

How does the guy with the mushroom cloud head even make sense?

He's a volcano

My OCD is annoyed DC won't just continue the same numbering and title

Oh ok now it makes sense