Go Go Power Rangers #22 Storytime

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1.69M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MIe-HfcRweo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-001.jpg (1988x3056, 935K)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.8M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-003.jpg (1988x3056, 1.41M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-004.jpg (1988x3056, 1.7M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-005.jpg (1988x3056, 1.61M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-006.jpg (1988x3056, 1.92M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.78M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.55M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.56M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.59M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.68M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-012.jpg (1988x3056, 1.51M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-013.jpg (1988x3056, 1.63M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-014.jpg (1988x3056, 1.62M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.85M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.58M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.52M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-018.jpg (1988x3056, 2.02M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-019.jpg (1988x3056, 2.16M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-020.jpg (1988x3056, 1.76M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-021.jpg (1988x3056, 2.2M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-022.jpg (1988x3056, 1.84M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 022-023.jpg (1988x3056, 1.91M)

'bout time someone addressed that.

I like that the comics are giving Zedd a little more background. Really hoping Master Vile gets the same treatment eventually.

>Master Vile
JESUS CHRIST, I had completely forgot about him.

How could you forget this glorious asshole? He fathered TWO evil shits!

Attached: Daimaou_&_Master_Ville.jpg (1671x1384, 231K)

So, when will their adapt Pre-Zyuranger ?

Apparently Fiveman got adapted in a special one shot in one of the big collections with an origin for Psycho Green, but I've never been able to find it online. If anyone has a link I'd be so grateful.

But for real I want alien lizard people as Jetman and I want it now.

Izzat Jason? Or Rocky?

Fuck you, I want Jetman to be adapted straight. It's Gatchaman kino.

Power Rangers is at it's best when it does original stories. The seasons that do straight adaptations are the weakest. Jetman already exists, it doesn't need to be told again in English.

Jason. Rocky is in the MMPR title.

Thanks for storytiming

And Time force?

Even after all these years Zedds design is still fucking legit

Trini is best girl

I disagree

Attached: file_64d1d8e963_600w.png (600x599, 460K)

Now that I'm an adult it's kind of hot...

Dudes ass is hanging out of a metal thong dont judge me

I'll admit I still haven't watched Timeranger, but Time Force made some original moves right? Like Ransik, who is easily one of the best parts of the show, is an American creation, yes?

He's already alluded to a lot
Somehow he banged Rita's mother who in the comics is a essentially a white mage

Dude, it's okay.

I have a bit of a gay crush for Goldar. Even though I didn't watch a lot of Power Rangers as a kid, he gave me the same weird feelings that Nala gave me.

Yeah I'm real curious about that story. I don't know if she was deceived or if he started out good then got corrupted. I'm leaning towards the latter, but either way really hope the story gets told.

Well, given how Rita herself became a white mage, it makes sense that her mother would be one.

Zedd only actually fought in one scene of the show. I want to see him tear shit up in these comics.

youtube.com/watch?v=MIe-HfcRweo

God I forgot how cheesy this fight was.

He did some shit in Justice League/Power Rangers.

Oh yeah, I forgot that crossover happened. It was a thing, I guess.

I don't know if is the depart of Dan Mora or the aftermath of the crossover, but i feel there is something missing in the last issues.

Has the meaning behind the title of this event been discussed at all? What is the "Necessary Evil" going to be? Is it what the Omega Rangers are up to?

???

Zedd mocking Tommy's battle cries is still the best part.

Zedd getting toned down isn’t my favorite thing, but it does produce some great moments.

Haven't read this in forever but what happened to the whole Jason Trini pairing? And that brown dude that Kimberly was dating

I'm really glad he's in Battle for the Grid. His moveset and personality are 100% on point. The perfect mix of menacing and camp.

Attached: iu[2].jpg (1280x718, 85K)

>what happened to the whole Jason Trini pairing
Broke off during forever rangers to not let dating get in the way of fighting. Also status quo of MMPR 0

>And that brown dude that Kimberly was dating
Had a panic attack and told the rangers if they didn't tell him the truth he would leave. Made up with them later...despite MMPR making it seem like they left on bad terms.

Are there scans of the Year One/Year Two Deluxe Edition exclusive stories?

I'm guessing Robert Axelrod is too old for voicing Zedd anymore, because the new guy just isn't the same.

He's living on borrowed time

No doubt about that. I saw him in a convention video years ago and he barely looked alive. Can't imagine how bad he's gotten now.

I fuckin wish. I’ve scoured the internet and haven’t been able to find them anywhere.

>22 issues in and still no gogo dancing Kimberley

why even live

Robert Axelrod was a chain smoker for decades, and it's taken it's toll on his body.

I fell out during the whole Shattered Grid thing.

So what kind of setting/timeline are we at in this issue? Post-loss of the Green ranger power but pre-White Ranger? Is Tommy even alive?

Go Go Power Rangers' post-Shattered Grid story starts off almost immediately after Tommy loses the Green Ranger powers for the second time. He's still alive, he's just taking some time to himself to process everything.

MMPR picks up shortly after Jason, Zack, and Trini leave for the Peace Conference. Except now, thanks to the events covered here, Jason's convinced Zack and Trini to form the Omega Rangers with him while they hunt down the people who've been altered by the Morphing Grid after they rebuilt reality.

So there's actually two seperate continuities being published by Boom Comics?

Nah, both books are set in the same continuity, just a bit apart timeline-wise.

Well that's lame.

I was kind of hoping this series would keep Tommy in green, if anything just because I prefer the Dinozord and Green Ranger setup.

I think they've just about worked out all of the possible Green Ranger drama. It's better, story-wise, to move on to Tommy trying to figure out how to be White.

Hang on a second, just how many of these series are there? I thought about catching up on these new power rangers comics after a big chunk of them got done, but you're telling me I gotta keep up with two separate books? What is this, Marvel?

Attached: I'm Superman and what is this.jpg (447x628, 82K)

>Force a native-American character to try to fit in as a white
Das racist.

It's just two books and if you want you can treat them as one. Just read Go Go and when it's over start Mighty Morphin'. The first is further back in the time than the latter.

Yeah. basically it's

>GoGo Power Rangers 1-8
>GoGo Power Rangers 13-20
>GoGo Power Rangers: Forever Rangers
>MMPR #0 -24
>Shattered Grid (Read GoGo 9-12 after MMPR #25)
>MMPR 31-39
>GoGo 21+
>MMPR 40+

Eh, Tommy's only half.

Think of it this way:

Go Go Power Rangers is where all of the character focus happens. They go in, look at what makes various characters tick, and throw them at new situations. It releases once every two months.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers is the action and storyline focus. It's monthly.

Made a reading order incorporating everything I can

GoGo #1-4
MMPR #10
GoGo #5-8
GoGo Power Rangers Back to School
GOGO #13-20
Rangers Forever
MMPR#5
MMPR #0-4
MMPR #6-9
MMPR #11-15
Annual'17: Search Party
Year One: From Hope to Despair
MMPR #16
Annual'17: Forever Mighty Morphin Black
MMPR 17 and 18
Annual'17: Perfect
MMPR #19-25
GoGo# 9-12
MMPR #26
Free Comic Book Day 2018
Annual 2018
MMPR#27-30
Shattered Grid #1
MMPR#31-39
Annual'16: Only the Strong
GoGo Power Rangers 21 +
MMPR 40+

Publication order is always superior.

This seems overly complicated, like
>GoGo Power Rangers Back to School
What is this? It's separate from the two boooks' numbering?
Also the annuals do not correspond to ormal numbers either? And you read the annuals from 2017 BEFORE the one from 2016? What?

That user is trying to put things in chronological order, which is not the order things were published in. Read it the way it was written. Start at MMPR #0 and go from there.

>Broke off during forever rangers to not let dating get in the way of fighting. Also status quo of MMPR 0

And yet, they're sowing the seeds to make PINK canon with Zack x Trini.
I suppose both Jason and Trini just weren't ready to anything romantic by the time or they they were too different, probably.

Also, what's the chances of the Blue Emissary reunite Jason and Lauren again in a new team?

Thanks user. Can you tell me where do Forever Rangers and Back to School fit in the publication order, by any chance?

Attached: 1528500268518.jpg (1936x2723, 654K)

>And yet, they're sowing the seeds to make PINK canon with Zack x Trini.
Why is Pink so bad? I don't really get the hate; it seems like standard power ranger spinoff stuff.

Attached: Dragonzord vs Godzilla.jpg (596x397, 46K)

People are salty because they don't understand how it can possibly fit into canon. Kimberly should've stopped being a hero the second she left. Etc.

Also the whole Dear John letter is still a sore spot for a lot of fans. I've seen people write it out as a joke, a villain trying to hurt Tommy, Skull doing it as a therapy thing, basically anything to keep Kimberly available for Tommy.

But doesn't Tommy canonically end up with the other MMPR pink, Kat?
Also, SHIT, I'm just realizing that Catherine Sutherland was also a guest at that Ninja Steel scrossover episode, she was on set with JDF and their characters did not even HINT at being involved at all. WTF, writers.

Some people can't let go of Kim/Tommy.

They were holding hands when they went through the portal at the end. That's all you get.

It's canon they're married by now, though.

PINK is quite good, despite Kim suddenly becomes Kate Bishop. From my part, it's more about Zack x Trini came totally from left field. It's not bad, but it was/is strange.

GoGo actually made me think Kim still have a soft spot for Skull.

There's some argument over whether or not it's canon that she married Skull.

Some folks will say 'yes', others will go "The writers were joking."

We've already seen the new team Jason sets up with the Emissary's help, so unless Lauren becomes the Omega Aether ranger, it seems unlikely

>They were holding hands when they went through the portal at the end.
LEWD.

Attached: shocked raptor.jpg (366x274, 19K)

>Some people can't let go of Kim/Tommy
I always found that pairing aged poorly, probably because Kim basically became a side character on season 3.

Was it ever explained what their son's nickname J.J. mean?

This might sound like heresy, especially to the sentai people here, but I feel like this kind of Power Ranger stuff should always have been comics, not live action. Look at how much cooler this looks than actors in rubber and spandex suits. That picture in particular kind of reminds me of Jack Kirby's cosmic work.

How much of the comic stuff is canon to the shows? I get that it's kind of a weird alt-universe thing since we're dealing with the characters in the MMPR age, but you think the live action series will take some of this stuff into consideration if they start mentioning more of the canon of the recent series in these books? Do the shows even maintain canon between all the series anymore? I know the live action show is constrained by the footage they get, but they used to maintain and carry their own PR "timeline" back when I remember watching it.

I wouldn't say always, but I do agree that comic and cartoon adaptations should be the future of the franchise

No, but one of the Js is definitely not Jason given that JDF helped come up with him and his feelings about ASJ.

But publication means nothing you are picking up trades.

>Start at MMPR #0 and go from there
>Starting at the middle of the story
>Starting with Tommy wank.

Those two mediums in particular are the only way we'll get more canon expanding the previous series' since they probably can't count on getting the previous actors back. Scheduling conflicts, dead people, people that fucking hate power rangers now and want nothing to do with it anymore like Kimberly. Though you have to ask does the company that own PR even care about the history of their franchise? Or do they just want to keep getting free money by doing the absolute minimum they can to the japanese Sentai footage?

You can go with this.
It is actually the most simplest of reading order and you don't have to go back and forth over publication dates.

Hasbro's putting some work into PR now.

Here is the problem with publication order.

Are you really going to spend the time going back and forth between 2 tabs on your computer doing

>MMPR 16
>GoGo 1
>MMPR 17
>GoGo 2
>MMPR 18
>GoGo 3
>MMPR 19
>GoGo 4
>etc

seems like a lot of effort when you can easily just binge one and then go to the other.

I mean at least you could do

>MMPR 0-16
>GoGo 1-4
>MMPR 17-20
>GoGo 5-8
>MMPR 21-24
>etc

May not be the best flow of a story but surely has to be better than literally jumping back and force breaking the story arc's pacing. Publication order really only works if you are reading it monthly.

BUMP

You seriously don't know?

Is this a good series to get into if you don't really care about power rangers? I am big into capeshit and hero transformations/giant robots are always cool, but I don't have much of a particular nostalgic attachment to PR.

I'd rather not know.

Maybe?
You don't need to be the kind of person that spends his days on Rangerboard or anything, but you need some affection for the series and a general knowledge of the first few seasons.

The first storyline (GoGo 1-20+Forever Ranger and MMPR 0-39) is actually self contained and you really don't even need dany episodes of the show.

Though with GoGo 21 they do have a box that says "watch this episode"

That's not how Jeopardy works, stupid Sina