Fantastic Four #13 Storytime

Where Ben Grimm gets his shit pushed in by the IMMORTAL HULK during his honeymoon.

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-000.jpg (1192x1833, 709K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gMZrLxJZzDw
readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Thing/Issue-11?id=87042
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-001.jpg (1192x1833, 605K)

You can even see bits of the red flesh underneath the rocky skin.

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-002.jpg (1192x1833, 589K)

Yep, the deception is over.

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-003.jpg (1192x1833, 775K)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-004.jpg (1192x1833, 797K)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-005.jpg (1192x1833, 730K)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-006.jpg (1192x1833, 596K)

So Hulk is doing it on his own while getting controlled by the Puppet Master? OK then.

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-007.jpg (1192x1833, 844K)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-008.jpg (1192x1833, 797K)

Damn, how long have they been fighting?!

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-009.jpg (2385x1833, 1.57M)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-010.jpg (1192x1833, 769K)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-011.jpg (1192x1833, 743K)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-012.jpg (1192x1833, 805K)

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-013.jpg (2385x1833, 1.49M)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-014.jpg (1192x1833, 734K)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-015.jpg (1192x1833, 827K)

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-016.jpg (1192x1833, 740K)

>you beat the Hulk
Brevooooooort!!

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-018.jpg (1192x1833, 683K)

And here comes an epilogue... This one's a doozy.

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-019.jpg (1192x1833, 742K)

Ouch! The grinning monster strikes again!

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-020.jpg (1192x1833, 727K)

Letters page...

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-021.jpg (1192x1833, 897K)

And that's it! Tune in next month for more Fantastic Four, in what they promise is gonna be a cosmic arc.
Also featuring what's probably one of the best Deodato covers I've seen in ages...

Attached: Fantastic Four 013-022.jpg (1192x1833, 874K)

I with Ben figured this out himself since he was basically getting there

This is the kind of stuff I live for.

weird response to the doom complaints

peppered angus

>I hear people arguin' all the time
Uh-huh. Sure.

Attached: The Thing vs The Hulk in Vegas.jpg (988x1500, 1.04M)

>this is my final post on Yea Forums...

......Did she imply what I think?

So Ben has flesh under all that rock.

PLUS ULTRA

Papa Devil Hulk The ultimate marriage councilor

Hulk could at least pretend he’s not enjoying this

Yes. We got to see this in Infamous Iron Man too, when Doom's mother made his rocky flesh peel off him.

Attached: file.png (611x959, 774K)

10/10

So how bad is the Puppet Master gonna get HULKED after this

Oh user...

Fuck! That actually works super well here

Attached: image.jpg (720x274, 51K)

Holy shit. Now I hear the United States of Smash theme.

All things considered he got off pretty light

I DIDNT HAVE MY BACK INTO IT!

This was pretty rad, should I read the other issues? Has Slott redeemed himself yet?

GO BEYOND
youtube.com/watch?v=gMZrLxJZzDw

I’d also like to know this

Either they just cuddled, Ben's D remains the same size in rocky form, or her vagoo is really flexible.

I would enjoy breaking the limbs of a mind controller using me as his meat puppet.

This and Superman's punch were the best punches of the year!

If you can get past the thing with doom going back to status quo at the beginning (and not referring to himself as much in 3rd person) it's pretty good, yeah. I've also enjoyed his Iron-man run, but that one's acknowledging the adopted retcon so not a lot of people like it.

I’m thinking more morning handy. She’s a sculptor after all

I meant punching Ben

Why did they publish these letters? Did they not have anything else?

Given Ben also implied they can't have family when he's in rocky form in , it's probably that, yeah.

How can Slott no fuck up with Ben when he did shit so much on Peter?

Now this is a punch.

>want it bronzed

Fair.

> The ring endured
The power of love, dudes!

Because Slott obviously got bored on Spidey
It’s vibranium, it had a good chance

Kino.

that shouldnt have hurt the hulk

Why is the Hulk so edgy now?

Was he always flesh and bone under a rocky outer skin?

This isn’t Savage Hulk, it’s Devil Hulk

Apparently yes. I thought it was because he was just about to revert back but check this here

Wait I thought he transformed once a year for a day? When did it become a week, I haven't read the run just wanted to see Thing and Hulk fight.

Read again.
He turns once a gear but was in a coma for a week.
He's all "maaaannn I was just about to impregnate you too"

God Sue is so fuckable

Apparently there is flesh under his rocky skin so he just needs to start peeling his foreskin and give it the ole College try.

I believe he's smooth down there when in rock form, user. That's why he's so sullen all the time.

>load bearing
heh.

I'm now imagining Alicia making stone innuendos all the time.

ITS GOBBLIN TIME!

Bless the green bastard.

making him miss his human day is exactly the kind of meanness i have come to expect from slott

its always been a week. it started with hickman and he spent a week doing shit with johnny

This will be my final post on Yea Forums.

How can anyone think that this is scary for real ? How can anyone take seriously a horror book with the Hulk as a supposed to be frightening monster ? How can anyone see the Hulk as frightening for real in this book ?
"Ouh, the Hulk is smiling, so unsetlling, this is so scary guys..." why are you lying to yourself like that ?
You guys are just forcing onto yourself the new fade there will be in this hivemind of a board, with the blandest, tamest, most classicly safe comic book there can be, while your selective outrage is shitting on Bendis' Superman for things that would be praised if they were written by someone else, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO you have to shit on it even if it's good because the hivemind dictates you to do so !!!

No wonder you can't get laid, but guess what ? I got a girlfriend now. For the first time of my life after 24 years I finally got a girlfriend, and all that nerd fuss has become so irritating since.
I'm just leaving for good now, I had plenty of fun with that board but I'm done. I wish you to get girlfriends to, maybe it will open your eyes about the hivemind that is destructing your self, but sadly, the hivemind is probably keeping you away from being able to seduce anyone, so you're most likely trapped in a vicious circle, and sadly, there is no Savage Dragon to save you from it. I just hope that this message will maybe help you to think by yourself a bit more and to get a girlfriend to.

Enjoy your book.

God damn

I love Ben Grimm. I hope the do him justice in the MCU.

It knocked him out.

Kinda like that one time Hulk faced Logan and knew he wouldn't be able to damage him with brute force because adamantium, so instead just punched the fuck of his head until Logan got knocked out due to his brain crashing against his metal skull so much.

It's been that way since Wolverine cut him I think.

Jesus Alyssa, is this just like a genetic thing wanting to mind control people?

You know there really should be a superhero whose job is to check on inmates and make sure they don't do shit like this. Because this trick goes all the way back to Dr. Destiny in the 60's JLA.

Some writers simply aren't fit to write some characters/stories.
Take Waid, everyone thought his talent was gone when writing Champions then he got back to Doctor Strange and it was like he never left.

That being said, Slott's more recent stuff on ASM was ok, he simply got boiled for staying on one title for 300 issues.

Let me get this straight, does that mean Ben Grimm is now currently the best monstrosity Marvel has put out? Does this mean I should be reading Fantastic Four again? Oh my.

>Puny banner kept drowning
Man, papa Hulk takes swimming lessons really fucking seriously...

>He got his rocks off
>But he couldn't get his rocks off
You think next year Aliccia would be down for a threesome with Shulkie or Thundra?

Ben was ALWAYS the best Marvel monster.

Fucking based

They can only have sex once a year
>Ya they have an agreement she can fuck other dudes rest of the year

NO NO NO NO NO NO

>Alicia will never be cuck queaned.
Feels bad

Attached: Shulkie and Ben.jpg (400x343, 58K)

That seems like a dick move on Hulk's end

Since Devil Hulk wouldn't make Bruce go through that, does that mean Bruce chose to do that?

How much winnings do you think that guy got?

Probably. Bruce can be a pretty stone-cold bastard when he wants to be.

He is, after all, the same person as the Hulk when it comes down to it.

This Hulk is much more a jerkass than any other version, and not even in a funny way.

>now
He's based since day 1

BASED BLUE EYED BEN HULK BTFO

I’m so happy Thing finally beat Hulk, that took too long, it’s just terrible that they keep doing Ben so dirty all the time. He should be able to change at will at this time.

That's because he's Devil but more mellow.

Remember when spider-man achieved the same without blowing chunks off his body?
Based spidey.

no because puppet master is her step dad

a skilled fighter with super-strength approaching the Hulk should win, and win decisively.

the hulk has zero concept of how to fight. he generally doesn't need it when he can throw tanks. now take a skilled boxer or MMA with something like half his strength and put them in the ring. hulk would never land a single blow, he'd just get chewed on. and he might keep getting stronger while being pounded but he isn't literally indestructible, he can and does get knocked out.

Reminds me of how Doc Sampson used to stand up to the hulk back in the Byrne run, only being a 25-tonner.

Yes, but the gap is often widen by writers, particularly modern writers, so that no amount of skill can close it.

Except he's ludicrously durable, and his fists, depending on how large the Hulk is in the story, range from the size of a man's head to the size of his torso.

He only needs to get lucky once, and the Hulk's proven himself many times over the years to be a lucky bastard.

OK, seriusly, nobody saw that coming? Because the moment I realized the Puppet Master made the ENORMOUS mistake of turning Hulk into his puppet, smashing payback was seen in the way for kilometers.

Getting lucky once works for vastly weaker and more fragile opponents like, say, a Spider-Man, but when fighting an opponent like the Thing who has both strength and durability in the same ballpark as the Hulk, the occasional hits aren't going to be sufficient to make up for the sheer beating the pugilist Thing should be capable of dishing out to most mental-iterations of the Hulk.

Can it be the Ben has a rock dick but literally can’t get a chick pregnant when he’s the thing?

But he isn't in the same ballpark as the Devil Hulk who, may I remind you, 2-shot the Thing in Secret Empire. I liked this mini arc as much as the next guy, but having Ben lasting this long with him getting all crumbly and the super Sunday punch, it reeks of plot stupidity and wanting the Thing to win a fight for once in his life.

Yea, but not for long. He has regeneration that's more bullshit than Wolverine's

Indeed. The fucking Rhino was a viable hulk opponent at one point.

When people get shocked at Hulk getting his ass kicked by Batman in the old crossover, they don't realize that Hulk's had his power level cranked up throughout the years.

Ye Olde Hulk stands a good chance at getting his ass kicked by modern Shulkie.

Particularly, I don't. When was that? And Cosmic Spidey doesn't count.

Attached: 1529599220614.gif (500x375, 693K)

My memories are wrong, just checked.
He just staggered a weakened Hulk on the 3rd annual and pretended to be killed by him on asm 14.

I could swear he beat him on those.

For instance, the only two times Spider-man defeated Hulk were when he was trying to prove himself to the Avengers (Spidey's power level was kinda a mess by that time) and against the gray Hulk when Peter had the cosmic power up. All the other cases were easy fights to Hulk or Spidey managed to calm him to become Banner again.

I want to fuck Susan

I know this opens the door to questioning the win, but in all fairness, this was a mind-controlled Hulk that was basically along for the ride, while Puppet Master controlled his movements. So you could say it wasn't a fully balanced fight.

Man, he's really lucky the shattered rock doesn't equate to missing skin.

>Superman's punch

Which one was that?

So why the hell would Hulk be a 'willing' puppet? This doesn't fit his current MO at all. Specially since the time frame allowed for this encounter has Hulk with a lot on his plate as is. I was really hoping the epilogue would give a better reason for his actions.
>the hulk has zero concept of how to fight
Planet Hulk. Didn't think it was that obscure. A depowered Hulk has to fight for his life as a gladiator. Depowered to the point where using mundane weapons and shields is his best bet of winning fights. Had to use strategy and skill to close the gap, where his powers were failing him. That carried over to many of his encounters in World War Hulk, like how he defeated Wolverine, Strong Guy and Juggernaut.

This entire book proves that Slott was just wasted on Spider-Man

my thoughts too, lucky dude

Too*

That would be for Green Scar then though, its established that each Hulk/persona has their own method and don't really carry over to the others much. It's how Joe was able to put a bit of a fight with that gunhand shooter guy in their human form when Bruce couldn't do anything.

True. But that poster was making it sound like every Hulk was full brute mode.

And lose all the pathos?

That exact encounter with Joe also established that currently, the personalities can borrow skills/abilities from one another, which Joe mentions when he's fucking around with the computer.

Considering the number of posts have people a bit surprised at how Hulk is acting in this issue, I think a lot of people don't really pay attention to the other versions of Hulks or don't know there's differences between them.

So was this his plan in the first place? Because it sounded like he DID want to fight Thing, so I doubt he's upset about that part.

Is Slott's FF run the best turnaround in recent times? I still hate him for killing Flash but everything he has done to Ben is good.

Depowering Frank and making him emo is probably the weakest aspect of his run yet though. Val is pretty cute.

DH will fight anyone given the chance. This latest crossover is confirmed to take place between issues #21 and #22 of Immortal Hulk (amongst the other upcoming ones) so he was basically just globe-trotting for a bit.

Is this the Marvel version of The Butlering?

Attached: 1544308732743.jpg (1024x779, 97K)

Get in line, Namor.

In Justice League # 25 (Friendship is Magic - The Issue).

The whole sequence is totally worth of it.

Attached: Justice-League-25-5.jpg (1001x1539, 394K)

Forgoing normality to be a hero is a kind of a recurring theme with Ben

So what you're saying here is "have sex"?

Dunno, did Ben win that fight?

>responding to dumb old retarded pasta

Yes.

That's so old that it wouldn't surprise me if it's been canon since the kirby days.

Well, I guess Ben is stronger than Thor now.

Rhino kicked Thor's ass a few years back. Don't underestimate him.
He did cheat a little via making the horn out of a Midgard serpent fang.

>DH will fight anyone given the chance.
Has nothing to do with his characterization in his own comics. He tracks fear and exploits insecurities. He goes after people who aren't facing the truth or putting Banner in direct danger. He wasn't doing that with Ben at all, just with Puppet Master, which begs the question why he didn't just pummel him from the get go instead of becoming a willing puppet. Specially since getting back to the prison ended up killing Banner multiple times, something that Devil Hulk does not like.

Plus Ultra

Hulk's just a punkass gamma-nigger, can't stand up to the force of heroism.

So why wasn't Hulk fighting Puppet Master?

Secret Empire wasn't Devil Hulk. He hasn't been the dominant personality until No Surrender.
That said, this version of the Hulk is much stronger than the ones that Ben defeated in the past. He is strong enough to give Thor a concussion and put him out a fight with one shot to the head.

ones that defeated Ben, rather.

I hate Namor he just wants to fuck everyone

That Thor is also pretty nerfed by the fact he has no mjolnir.

Look he’s grown as a character and learned and became better. It wouldn’t hurt that right now, that The Thing can get the ability to change back. He’s finally married. Shit Reed and sue have two kids one who’s a god and one who’s a super genius

Have they established that his new hammer is worse yet?

His hammers break a lot, he keeps having to get get new ones made.

He should get Thunderstrike made

I figure he didn't mind fighting the Thing, he was just mad that the Puppet Master forced him to do it.

Puppet Master's wording makes it sound like they had a prior arrangement, and Hulk was down with the idea.

Since Devil Hulk is essentially the Father Hulk to Bruce, maybe he sympathized a bit on Puppet Master wanting to protect his daughter?

He sure didn't sympathize with him in the end. I wish the epilogue explained more.

I would have preferred if Devil Hulk messed him up cause Puppet Master ruined his reputation against The Thing.

He was writing it for too long, he stagnated.

Doesnt invalidate his point.

So, the wife probably ate her words pretty hard.

What's the transformation condition again? 1 week every year?

dan slott literally hates spider-man

It feels wrong seeing Thing getting his rocks shattered off and seeing the pink flesh underneath.
Like something you're not supposed to see. Like broken turtle shells.

>fair and square
yeah right

Yup.

he wanted to fight Thing but he didnt want being strung around. Thing's punch broke Puppetmaster's control

so... why didnt he just make a new puppet of Hulk?

It a counter punch, essentially Thing's power combined with Hulk's momentum. The force multiplier would be enough to force Hulk down if just for a bit.

Hulk doesn't need skill or speed, flight or powers, he's doing just fine with PIS and wank.

>Talking about Hulk wank in a comic where Hulk LOSES

Umh, are you mad about something?

I agree. It was as unsettling as it was back when his face got messed up by Wolverine.

Attached: 1108081-fantasticfour380eq7.jpg (499x758, 137K)

Don't forget his vibrainum wedding band

How did Wolverine do that exactly? Looks more like some kinda disease.

>How did Wolverine do that exactly?
Claw swipe to the face

Attached: 3532784-ff374.jpg (600x319, 81K)

To be fair, we can't see the damage on his arm when in human form, so maybe it got worse.

Not really a Slott exclusive. Ben's constantly getting his chain yanked on this one.

And way after, when Logan was working himself some apologies, Ben said that what was really bothering him wasn't the deformation, but the feeling of defeat. Kinda strange, given how much he was complaining about the scar (specially when he got a machine that could make him becomes human Ben anytime, but kept the scar). He was healed by Franklin's future son, though .

The scar reminded him of the defeat.

So is Thing officially stronger now? Because he's lost to much weaker Hulks, but just beat one of the stongest ones.

Keep in mind Ben only really won by boxing terms. Not by Devil Hulk's terms. In his own comic, he'll literally die mid fight, come back and turn the tables. That's how he beat new Abominus. Even this comic admits Hulk got up soon after while Ben stayed out for a week. If Hulk were fighting someone he was vengeful towards he would have finished the job when he recovered, instead of leaving.

Even still, he's never been able to KO Hulk at all before now. It shows growing potential.

Wasn't there a time travel story where Ben gets absolutely pancaked by his future self who had gotten far stronger?

Sounds rad.

She also ate something else that day after he won

I know it might be not liked by some but I would love a Planet Thing movie where he just gets more alpha and strong. Or finally the ability to change back and forth from man to Thing. He’s has enough growth and hardship. Frankly, the FF (other than Johnny) should be considering retirement. Ben is now married, Reed and Sue have two kids and are busy with the Foundation. I think sadly it’s about time.

Okay, what comic was that? Source? I'm curious now.

what are the Thing’s best fights

...It was a play on words

...why didn't Alicia just rape a comatose Ben if they wanted to start a family already?
You never know, Ben could die before the next year's transformation

Hell yeah
Suck my cock

>What that punch felt like

Attached: falcon_2_.jpg (410x306, 17K)

No.
Slott hates spiderman, and he was projecting himself in otto..

CAPTAIN FALCO

Ben tapped into the power of Shonen anime protagonist Will Power nothing is stronger than that.

This is a beautiful answer but i think the vibranium ring did most of the job

Fuck yeah. You can practically hear the fist clench and the audible shine of the ring at

It felt like a call back to that old The Thing cartoon, when Ben could henshin into Thing using rings.

FUCK

YES

I Love Ben Grimm. Thank you based Slott for finally giving him this win.

FUCK THE HULK

>we will never see the absolute abomination that is Shulk and Things children
Feelsbadman

He managed to KO a puppeted Hulk who got up and left before the F4 got there to help.

That's --sort of--a win, but not really. In Death Battle rules, Hulk just gets up and crushes Ben.

Is this run worth my time? Going off this issue it seems really good

Ben Grimm is the worst character Marvel ever created.
Honestly, don't know why anybody even gives two shits about this character.
>Oh my, the ever-lubbing Thins is so ugly...
How long was this shit a major plot?
300 issues, maybe conservative.
The only justice this issue could have possibly had,
Would be if Hulk straight logged one in his ass.
Of course writers are never that brave.
>Ben wins by pure heart
Fucking Puke-worthy.
WORST CHARACTER EVER.

Attached: Clobbered.png (798x487, 860K)

Imagine seething because of Aunt Petunia's favorite nephew, cringe

Imagine makin' such a revoltin' post about the idol of millions, the ever lovin' blue-eyed Thing!

Shut the fuck up, Puppet Master

come to yancy street and say that shit punk

Getta loada dis goy

Seriously guys, Planet Thing when?

Read thhat post secret war Ben solo saga on battleworld.
It's not good but Ben is so based he makes it readable.

He also makes his waifu real and fucks her while also cucking her imaginary bf

What? Sounds great. Got any links?

Jesus Christo.
Are you bois about to have a Ben-jerk?
What the hell is wrong with you?
Ben Grimm is the worst character Marvel ever created.
The fact that you two are about to have a stroke-fest is proof positive.

Attached: clobberingtime.jpg (994x907, 520K)

Fuck off Hawkeye

readcomiconline.to/Comic/The-Thing/Issue-11?id=87042

Might as well read his whole solo run. He becomes a wrestler.

>hating on Based Ben
Go to bed Puppet-master

Checked, thanks a lot will read it right now

>Checked, thanks a lot will read it right now
Don't stroke that, son.

Be sure to read the previous issue that shows his state of mind, on why he decides to not go back to earth

Chill out cunt

Stroke that Thaaannnng!

Your daughter is getting impregnated by Ben and there's nothing you can do about it.

There ya go, Big Stroker.
Lube that big rock love.

>being this butthurt over an orange rock
Sad!

>Implying their kid wouldn't be hot as fuck.

Hulk vs Hulkverines was better....

It's not healthy to lust after your daughter's husband

It’s not healthy to pretend to be the husband friend...

>They can only have sex once a year

How's that different from normal marriage.

Attached: groucho.jpg (1280x853, 138K)

Thing Ring do your thing.

A cha cha cha

Attached: bike horn.jpg (425x326, 15K)

>It's a slot comic
>But it wasn't shit

Attached: tsubasa shock.gif (427x240, 819K)

When was the "human for a day" thing established?

Nice!!

Attached: Sakura strike.gif (498x264, 2.62M)

Johnny stop shitposting on Yea Forums.

Beautiful page indeed.

At first it was just three slash marks. It got that way because he wouldn't let anyone treat it, so more chunks kept falling off and it got all infected and shit.

what a revoltin' development

Don't bring that shitshow of a manga in here

This catchphrase was good, shame tgey forgot about it

No it fucking wasn't. The whole fight was he swings at Hulk and Wolverine once, then runs away to attack Leader and whoever that woman was. That's the whole vs.

Hello new reaction image

Attached: 1565790867699.jpg (660x612, 155K)

>abouttodosomethingterrible.jpg

Stay mad faggot

>You may have been human for a week Ben, but I let you spend that week unconscious despite my access to super science and all sorts of medical technology.
>Now that your vacation is up, are you ready to get back to work? We’ve got evil to fight and the team needs it’s brick.

Fucking Richards, man. What a dick.

>Susan: "Look, Reed... The computer says he's conscious after yesterday's brawl, let's wake him up"
>Reed: "Stay away from the gizmo, woman. Isn't there a charity you should attend to? Computer, increase sedative dosage."

Eh the 00s Movies had it kinda like that. With it also being around his organs kinda like scar tissue.

Ah Reed has probably taken a few samples. He can work something out.

Just do it when she's not looking.

He was only human for a day.

RobLiefieldfaceTM.

Is there really flesh below? I thought it was just more rock.

It was all heart.