Doctor Strange #17 Storytime

In which Strange basically BSOD'd reality itself with his plotting.

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-000.jpg (1192x1833, 455K)

Also look mom, I put "storytime" in the title this time.

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-001.jpg (1192x1833, 634K)

This issue was a goddamn gut punch. Can’t wait for Strange or just anyone to kick Mephisto’s ass

You dun' goofed, Stephen.

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-002.jpg (1192x1833, 401K)

Yep, you broke it, you fix it.

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-003.jpg (1192x1833, 540K)

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-004.jpg (1192x1833, 607K)

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-005.jpg (1192x1833, 914K)

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-006.jpg (1192x1833, 546K)

Finally, The Living Tribunal aids instead of acting as a roadblock, jesus...

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-007.jpg (1192x1833, 669K)

*see History of the Marvel Universe, True Believer!

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-008.jpg (1192x1833, 836K)

Ah yes, the Holocaust still happened thanks to Strange.
>Such a force is Destiny

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-009.jpg (1192x1833, 761K)

Tbf this isn’t the first time he spared hitler because muh timeline

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-010.jpg (1192x1833, 793K)

Out of these, the only one I'm not familiar with is Tiboro. Deep divers, any clues?

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-011.jpg (1192x1833, 841K)

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-012.jpg (1192x1833, 650K)

OH that's nice, been a while since he rocked this look.

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-013.jpg (1192x1833, 883K)

Tiboro is is the lord of the purple dimension or something iirc. Strange had to save some guys from him by going into a gem or something

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-014.jpg (1192x1833, 622K)

I see, will have to look into this after the storytime, sounds cool.
Also, meet Zoloz, Herald of Galactus

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-015.jpg (1192x1833, 664K)

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-016.jpg (1192x1833, 585K)

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-017.jpg (1192x1833, 541K)

Not so fast, my good Doctor!

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-018.jpg (1192x1833, 712K)

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-019.jpg (1192x1833, 578K)

Oh no...

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-020.jpg (1192x1833, 760K)

Fuck. So much for that.
You were right!

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-021.jpg (1192x1833, 498K)

That's it, folks... Now we await for next month to see how he ends up tangled in this mess.
Go support it, and let's hope Waid stays in this book if there's truly a relaunch incoming. (The solicitations should elucidate this)

Attached: Doctor Strange 017-022.jpg (1192x1833, 520K)

At least it was for the universe instead of an old lady.

Holy fuck that hurt

Thanks!

Jesus Fucking Christ... This was a fucking gut punch...

So, since it ended, what do you Yea Forumscks think of this arc?

oh jesus

Theres no reason he couldn't just get to know her again.

Personally think it’s fantastic and probably top 10 Dr Strange for me. I miss this classic epic feel to his stories and this has that in spades, and that ending hits so hard and good

GREAT
FUCKING

SINS PAST 2: LESS HORRIFIC EDITION

Never read Strange before but is this run a good place to start with? I like the idea of Galactus being involved in Strange shenanigans somehow.

All in all, unexpectedly good arc

Sure is, it doesn't really acknowledge the previous modern runs and instead goes for a more classic route, even if it comes after giving Strange a well needed cosmic boost. Give it a go.

This run draws a lot on his history to enhance the story, but the history isn’t required to understand it. Waid’s arc as a whole is a very good intro to the character with a more modern take but retains his classic core. If you’re interested in any of the events mentioned like Umar and Clea’s relationship just search up back issues

Nice hentai cover.

Seriously, FUCK Mephisto

I wonder what Waid on Moon Knight would be like. Honestly think he should be the next person to write it if it comes back.

I want some court room battle between She-Hulk and Mephisto. That would be amazing.

Strange Kino

That's some "I'm having the day of my life" crash pose.

I just want him to continue writing Strange man, fuck this clea stuff is ripe for a great follow up and he's doing great so far

Isn't Blaze still king of hell?

This book is ignoring everything else that is happening in the larger MU and basically vice versa

Or it just takes place after Mephisto gets back, you know sliding timeline and all

This is basically OMD done right

Shuma-Gorath lookin like Mike Wazowski there.

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 141K)

Now THIS is how you do price of magic

None of that physical shit

so why doesn't every planet on Galactus' menu just offer up one guy to be a herald?

So Zoloz's race are basically Nali if they were actually badass.

Because Waid needed a convenient way to get rid of the initial threat

Fuck, poor Strange.
Thanks OP. Great closure of an arc.

Galactus just happens to need a herald now because all the rest are gone. Plus, not many planets know of this out

Marvel hasn’t done a (mostly) linewide reboot like DC yet, but they have destroyed and recreated the universe several times.

That was just a rewind in order for Strange to fix his encounter with the magic alien

In Kirby's original version the Silver Surfer was just that. Perhaps a construct by Galactus to only be his herald like in the Bible the Surfer was an angel of death. Then came Stan Lee and he added the Norrin Radd and Zenn-La angle to the story.

What if Strange became the new herald of Galactus?

I do wonder what will the next arc be about. It doesn’t much sound like he’s stepping down from SS willingly

Basically what happened previously, him trying to find planets devoid of life

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

What if Strange became new ruler of Hell and Doctor Doom became the new sorcerer Supreme? Has Strange ever met High Evolutionary? I think those two would have a pretty interesting exchange.

So he basically pulled a sise-neg
Good job man

We JUST did a Doc Doom, antihero arc. If there's gonna be a new SS (and there shouldn't, we've done THAT for a fucking decade and it went goddamn nowhere.) it should be someone new.

I'm betting the role of SS will change into something else, not get abandoned by Strange

>An event so epic shakes Doctor Strange to the core and makes him completely reevaluate his life and role.
I don't think he will leave the position based on this solicit, but the solicits have been vague as fuck

I eagerly await the day where Strange marches up to Mephisto with Pete and beat him to an inch of his life

We had Loki become Sorceror Supreme last year, give it a rest with the switcheroos and let us enjoy a good book about the toll of SS' responsibilities.

Waid on Strange is the best thing in capeshit right now. Even moreso than Immortal Hulk. But damn I wish they'd get a new artist. Stuff like the marvel universe against Dormammu Galactus or even just moments like this
should be legendary panels and it just ends up looking like amateur hour. Strange, perhaps moreso than any other Marvel character, needs great artists. Not the bland cookie cutter standard of modern comics.

How do you feel about Saiz?

Don't worry Strange you'll always have the illuminati.

What are the current artists on the biz that doesn't do standard house style? I don't feel like Del Mundo or Tradd Moore would fit Strange's style.

I was a fan though Im curious how he'd do with the more lofty high presence kinda stuff Strange deals with like celestials. I think his style knocks the Eldritch horror stuff out of the park though. A little TOO realistic though. I had other issues with the art as a whole but I liked a lot of what I saw in the baseball arc of the Doctor is Out. Strange needs freaky character designs but the artist can't forget to make the world around Strange fit that. Saiz' hyper-realistic style makes for some killer monsters but sometimes the environments feel sterile.

Attached: doctor_strange_1_page_1.jpg (1170x1798, 471K)

I really like Kitson, including that page you quoted. There’s something about his style that just works for me, maybe the flatter colours and dark blacks? I honestly prefer him to saiz

Attached: BA8DB032-5DCD-4E30-AFB9-D0583B6B3732.jpg (1192x1833, 954K)

That's mostly what I had in mind when I asked because one of the highlights of this run to me, in particular, is the way Saiz has designed these creatures. This, for example, is the sort of thing that should be commonplace in a Strange run.
I do think his faces lack a bit of expression, but he makes up for it with the eldritch stuff.
Rocafort is one. But he's exceedingly slow...

Attached: file.png (856x797, 980K)

He has his moments stuff like what you posted is great but then there's other times where big moments just fall flat for me. Background of pic related for example is killer but a lot of other details and characters feel kinda sloppy

Attached: RCO012_1563968078.jpg (1988x3056, 1.49M)

This guy would be great if the arc is very dream-like
Honestly, I like Barry Kitson on this arc, except when the fill in artist came in last issue I think? I thought this issue looked pretty good for instance

Attached: CD90CED3-B6E3-43AE-B0C3-32400ECAB31D.jpg (867x1334, 461K)

I think his strengths are drawing the entities (the colorist helps a lot), but his human faces aren't as good and he skimps out on character details, although that might be on the inker as well

Attached: 06.jpg (1988x3056, 2.22M)

Yeah this is a good example. Stuff like that and feel like well thought out designs. What bothered me so much about is it just feels generic. The kinds of "monsters" you doodle in notebook margins or throw in the background of a splash page. I feel like skulls and faces with sharp teeth are just so banal for Doctor Strange who just recreated the entirety of the universe.

Oh damn I forgot about this one. This was gorgeous and I think is a good example of how you don't have to sacrifice realism and detail and go Ditko flat to create really stunning surreal scapes.

Yeah, Saiz has some great designs, though Kitson had some fun as well. Can't wait to see what eldritch shit he cooks up next issue

Attached: puns.jpg (1935x1606, 821K)

Saiz draws a handsome ass Strange

All those experiences lost though...

How deep does this mind wipe even go? She can’t have forgotten all the shit he taught her right?

If it’s anything like OMD, shits about to go down if she thinks too hard

Why couldn’t this be the big event instead of boring ass war of realms shit

Neat, so strange is basically talking to himself

Thanks, OP

I WALK A LONELY ROAD
THE ONLY ONE THAT I HAVE EVER KNOWN
DON'T KNOW WHERE IT GOES
BUT IT'S ONLY ME, AND I WALK ALONE

Idk I kinda always liked that Strange deals with crossover level bullshit in single arcs.

Funny how three of Marvel's biggest loners have the best books right now in Hulk, DD and Strange. There's something to be said about the consistency of characters who cut out a corner of the universe to play in and keep to themselves.

I really like Immortal Hulk and this Strange arc was neat (I'm not usually a big Strange guy), does Daredevil have something going on about as good as those?

No hut seriously what does mephisto get out of stealing people's love

According to what I've read from other people, Zdarsky's Daredevil is quite solid. I haven't had the chance to read it myself, though.

It's just a really solid DD run. The first chunk has been dealing with the fact that after getting hit by a truck he gets back in the action before he's fully healed, gets sloppy and accidentally kills a thug. We find out later that Matt's basically been doing the whole "Hulk fucks shit up but always in a way that doesn't cause deaths" and throughout his history as DD has gone for key points that beat the fuck out of people without hitting any lethal or crippling spots. But this time he misjudged and the guy had a brain hemorrhage.

It has Fisk trying to go legit in delightfully Fisk-like way and Matt straggling with a murder of a man. And classic terrible decisions from our favourite fuck up.

thanks anons, i'll check it out
I love me some anguished Matt

Did this book really just end with Strange being "one more day"ed?

>Did this book really just end
No, it will go for at least another three issues before a possible re-brand.
And we already know Clea is coming back.

Didn't Mephisto pull this off on silver surfer only for the piece of his soul to eternally burn him in that timeline?

Even if Clea's mindwipe stayed for a while, you could still do stories with/about her

I liked the issue.

I can see why shipperfags are mad, but Clea and Strange have been separated for years. This run was basically an acknowledgment that they still feel something for each other, but they're not together anyway.

That said, I bet they'll come back together in some other story. Maybe sooner rather than later.

And then they'll split apart again eventually. Strange doesn't have a stable love life, anons.

Yeah, some shippers are mad on Twitter. But when was the last time she appeared? She only showed up at the tail end of Cates' run and I think that was more of Spencer's doing since he co-write Damnation. Other than that I don't remember her in the majority of Aaron's run, at least not the last half.

>Other than that I don't remember her in the majority of Aaron's run
Iirc, she wasn't in there at all, which made her return sort of a big deal.
But maybe she was hanging out on the magic bar and i just didn't noticed.

Kind of weird to hear the shippers are mad, considering those two haven't been together for years.
But i guess it is publicity for the book at least.

Man I just want them to be together, the stories are more fun when they are and I love the magical team ups they do. Waid basically acknowledged that they are nice for each other and then pulled this, I can see why people are upset

So we just ignore that Nick Furry is supposed to be the watcher now, right?

Plus having more a stable love life would be character growth for Stephen in particular, but I suppose only the first family can have that in marvel

That's going to be one weird meeting.
>Hey guys I'm glad you could all make it to the reunion party
>Xavier please stop writing down plans for your Mutant Utopia. It's probably not going to work anyway
>Namor and Black Panther stop trying to kill each please.
>Black Bolt why do you look so down? something happen to your city.
>Well at least Reed and Tony are fine with themselves for now.

Attached: marvel illuminati.jpg (1280x1968, 601K)

Tony’s having an identity crisis. Again.
>tfw he’s a copy in a recreated body of a recreation of a copy of a brainwave after it got mindwiped which is the merge of three different universes’ Starks
I mean, it makes sense...

Attached: 66C06AE7-1766-4720-9246-588D359DBB80.jpg (500x500, 46K)

Man, if anyone ever needed a stiff drink, it's Tony.

No wonder this man still drinks so much, he doesn't even know if he is himself anymore.

>Also look mom, I put "storytime" in the title this time.
I always miss them unless that is there. No, have you finished your homework yet? No supper until it is all done!

that's called tuesday at Marvel

>Did I actually ask?
KEK! Strange you dun goofed

oof, that hurts

draws the best lawyers

Attached: dr strange1.jpg (1988x3056, 1.26M)

I wonder if it's a reference to Slott 's Mighty Avengers and the Hank/Eternity fistcuff?

NOO!! Don't bring back JJJ!! FUUUUUUUU

I mean they didn’t have to break up in the first place. They have been pretty comfortable in what basically amounts to a long-distance relationship for quite some time and then some dumb fuck decides to break them up for reasons

But to be fair, they have “broken up” before quite a lot, and Waid is basically laying the groundwork for a reconciliation anyway. I do hope he pens it though

Wow, that was a gut-punch. Not even mad since it was done so well, though.

This is the best Doctor Strange has looked in ages.

Not with Javier Rodriguez just a few years ago

I actually prefer Kitson over Bachalo though

I didn't even get the puns in this scene until seeing them in this thread. I don't know how I missed them.

I hear what you're saying, but these puns are in plain sight.

Attached: klorb.png (517x485, 445K)

I think that's fair enough. It's likely she will continue to appear in Strange books, maybe even start a new relationship from zero that way, so even if they're not involved for a while this isn't writing her out of the books forever or their first separation.

I liked that Mephisto didn't need to spell it out loud, and that Doctor Strange himself was pretty pro about it. You could feel it was coming because there was foreshadowing, rather than some random development.

If one more day was like this I wouldn’t be still angry over it

>implying she won’t get her memory back after the Mephisto event

That could be it, but I am pragmatic.

Yeah, the problem with One More Day is it didn't make sense.

Peter thought his old aunt was worth more than his own happiness and his wife? Nobody else could heal her? Really?

Plus strange already had a history of dealing with demons/entities and he didn’t know exactly what he was walking into. And yep, stakes are a huge factor as well. Come on, your fucking old ass aunt that’s going to die soon anyway is not worth sacrificing that for especially when she fucking told you to let her go. At least make it universal or something

True. Strange has dealt with demons and worse before. Spider-Man...doesn't really belong in that world.

And I though the last issue hurt to read, fuck