Event Leviathan #3 Storytime

Spoiler: You do not learn who Leviathan is in this issue.

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-000.jpg (1988x3056, 1017K)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-001.jpg (1988x3056, 1.15M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-002.jpg (1988x3056, 1.13M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-003.jpg (3975x3056, 2.74M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-004.jpg (3975x3056, 2.43M)

What is even the point of this event?

I fully expect the issue of Leviathan's identity to be only resolved in the last issue and even then it's going to be the premise for another dumb mystery miniseries

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-005.jpg (3975x3056, 1.43M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-006.jpg (3975x3056, 2.29M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-007.jpg (1988x3056, 1.71M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-008.jpg (1988x3056, 1.79M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-009.jpg (1988x3056, 1.16M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-010.jpg (1988x3056, 1.46M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-011.jpg (1988x3056, 1.14M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-012.jpg (1988x3056, 974K)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-013.jpg (3975x3056, 2.21M)

To boost Bendis and Action Comics sales by throwing Batman at him. Because DC’s solution is to throw Batman at everything.

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-014.jpg (3975x3056, 2.52M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-015.jpg (1988x3056, 1.23M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-016.jpg (1988x3056, 1.26M)

I don't remember the numbers, but the first issue of this wasn't doing so well, at least for an event, wasn't it?

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-017.jpg (1988x3056, 1.29M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-018.jpg (1988x3056, 1.02M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-019.jpg (1988x3056, 1.42M)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-020.jpg (1988x3056, 880K)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-021.jpg (1987x3056, 1.11M)

i thought Batman was unconscious and being taken care by Selina?

garbage

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-022.jpg (3974x3056, 2.42M)

>You do not learn who Leviathan is in this issue
nor do I fucking care, these events are garbage

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-023.jpg (3974x3056, 2.17M)

>These questions have brought together the greatest detectivesin the world
>No Detective Chimp
>No Elongated Man
Greatest detectives my ass.

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-024.jpg (3974x3056, 1.79M)

God, is it just me or does this issue sum why Bendis is a bad writer? There is so much going on in this page, yet absolutely nothing at all (at least in terms of story) happens.

Okay, what the hell? Plastic Man's powers don't work like that.

Oh, praising the new villain. And no Jason, you are the perfect patsy. You've never shown the ability to simultaneously battle and win against every agency on the planet. The only reason anyone said you were a Leviathan is that you were the safe choice

When did Jason become Deathstroke?

God, this issue is just bad. Why did this have to be an event? Why did it even have to be a thing? Literally no one cares about your villain sue Bendis. He can join Rogal Zaar or whatever the fuck his name in the limbo of things we'd rather forget.

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-025.jpg (1987x3056, 831K)

Attached: Event Leviathan 003-026.jpg (1988x3056, 1.24M)

oh great
now everyone in that room knows Bruce Wayne is Batman
Thanks a lot Damian you cunt

he is also fighting the legion of doom and mr freeze at the same time along with the selina shit, DC doesn’t care

what even is this page
am i stupid?

>algorithmically designed to create the perfect amount of fear and leadership confidence
Bitch that's a hybrid between bionicle and a paper shredder.

this art is so bad

Why read it then?
So, Red Hood just soloed both Batman and Damien? Guess he is Harley Quinn tier now.

Yeah he really has gotten the same power up Deathstroke did during Identity Crisis. Like Jason isn't BAD but he's nowhere near this good to fight this many people at once on his own.

Especially not fucking Plastic Man.

Has DC had an even passable even since New-52 started?

>the mask is suppose to be scary and inspire leadership
It looks stupid as hell

Is this entire story just gonna be told in flashbacks? I thought after last issue we were finally gonna get some present day stuff, but if course that got relegated to a flashback in this issue.

*event

A year ago, I would have been bummed to learn DC was at death's door. Now I'm cheering it on.

Superman rebirth, Red Hood rebirth series were pretty good too, Snyder's court of owls was ok, there were also some short series as well.

Yeah, this event kinda refuses to move forward.

You are implying that Bendis knows anything about DC.
He put fucking Green Arrow, Plas and goddamn Lois Lane in the greatest detectives list for fucks sake. I am pretty sure the dumb bastard thinks Plas and Ralph are the same guy.

It is pretty bad for an event. Especially a BATMAN event.

>Superman rebirth, Red Hood rebirth
I guess those kind of count. A lot of the rebirths were okay and gave me hopes to get dashed.
>court of owls
Meh.

>you cunt
Jasonfag Look who decided to show up.

Jason is a Mary-sue.

Shit.

What the fuck. This is literally nothing. Nothing happened. The characters all have the same voice. What's Batman even doing here?

The fuck happened with DC?

I hate Jason cause he's such a fucking tryhard. ooh look at me with my leather jacket and gun. I was raised on the streets ...

Bendis
Bendis happened

At least he didn't pull out his magic blood swords.

Based Jason showing who is the boss and finally being competent outside his comic.

Jason is Bendis Catwoman.

Jason Todd was not supposed to be this skilled or intelligent.

He's more type to head butt a bullet if he's getting shot in the face.

His "magic blood swords" wouldn't work because they only work aganist evil people with magic.

Also, stop giving damifan (you), you freaking dumbass.

Did Bendis have a spasm on this page or is he poking fun at himself?

Didnt Batman completely mow Jason's face in his own comic after he attempted to murder the Penguin?

We are talking about the guy who took control of Gotham's underworld in a matter of week in his debut. He always has been skilled and intelligent despite what trolls and incompetent writers tell you.

I always saw Tim as a Mary Sue.

To be honest, Damifan is right this time about Jason sucking as a character

if anyone in the Bat-Family is a Mary Sue (aside from Catwoman) it would be Jason.

And got his shit wrecked by Black Mask.

>e are talking about the guy who took control of Gotham's underworld in a matter of week in his debut. He always has been skilled and intelligent despite what trolls and incompetent writers tell you.
Jasonfag sounds like there are parts of his brain that are still like a 12 year old.

He never did. He played BM for a fool in UTRH.

Why is everyone that isn't Jason or Lois a useless, bumbling fucking idiot?

Damifan is never right about anything and stop giving attention because you pathetically hate a fictional character, you idiot. We already have enough trolls in this board.

Jason was trained by immortal cro-magnons that are hailed as the world's best assassins despite their existence being complete secrecy, and despite his training ending only after a meager year he was thought to be their best student in centuries. Not to mention that they taught him powerful magics because they actually got their powers from drinking Trigon's black evil cum. Also Jason is their chosen warrior destined to save the world from their evil kin that are still drunk on evil cum. There was a lot of cum.

So Jason's the best master assassin in the entire universe and he knows magic.

Jason Todd is still shit.

That shit doesn’t work anymore though

There are a lot people who hates Jason here too and wish to see him being erased.

Jasonfag, stop whining.
>Another user who thinks he can identify people on Yea Forums.

Bendis Happened? What is that supposed to mean?

Of all things that could happen in the world, it is Bendis that happened?

Kek at the triggered trolls here.

Jason is so fucking huge. Do they know he's supposed to be in his late 10s and that he has a bigger brother?
Do they know that Lois is older than 30 and takes continously a huge dick up her ass?

Aw c'mon, like that is hard. Just shoot the fattest guy in a suit and they flock to you.

LOL, damifag triggered even Tim is much better than Damian.

DC has how many best fighters/best assassins right now? I lost count.

welcome to eBnedis where no one acts like themselves (even his own bloody characters) and he writes them to serve whatever bullshit he is writing.

Damifan his usual meltdowns and couple of triggered trolls joining in.

Absolutely based.

This entire thread is literally Jasonifag sameposting

>Jason is not an idiot in this.

He could have sparred everyone the trouble if he just stopped and told them the situation. They probably would have held him and then let him go when Levi showed up elsewhere.

Although, then he would miss the opportunity to serve all them posers.

Damifag is crazy, but we've to all agree that Jason has sucked as a character ever since Lobdell started writing him. Just... the fuck is he even going as Red Hood as?

all this whining about Damifags are just Jasonfags or the occasional Timfag being their usual selves

>we've to all agree that Jason has sucked as a character
No we don't, but stay mad.

They are the ones who attacked him first and Jason already has a bad experience with Batman who never bother to let him explain himself.

Plastic Man is trong enough to go toe-to-toe with Fernus, who was basically Martian Manhunter unleashed and with no weakness to fire and who took out the whole Justice League.
Fuck YOU BENDIS!!!!

Its a joke on how Bendis writes dialogue that is repitious and vague. Explaining an event by jist saying a character is the event is a particilar fault for him as it is sacrificing actjally explaining and narration for sounding quippy.

...unless you too are making a joke about Bendis speak.

But we do...

>we
No "we" don't, child.

>him explain himself.
He is just a cunt.

Cope

No, you're just the autist who whines about it constantly.

Yeah, unless that was a gun that fired a bullet from a much larger gun in another dimension it shouldn't have phased Plas at all.

This writing is just staight up gay.

Bendis's Jason is so over powered .His characterisation of Jason makes me cringe.

Batman would literally slap Jason silly. Magic or no magic bullshit.

I don't remember making you the representative of Yea Forums and letting you speak in our behalf. Speck only for yourself next time.

Batman vs Superman ??

You're in the minority here and frankly you aren't qualified to judge.

point?
action comics?

It’s a shame Bendis writes Jason so shit

The dialogs leave a lot to be desired, but seeing Red Hood soloing people left and right was a treat. Talk about being badass.

You and damifan don't make up "the majority". Despite how hard both of you are samefagging.

Dude, everyone complains about the character being lame. They only ever praise his book thanks to Artemis and Bizarro. Since they've gone from the book people have been bitching and moaning about the book sucking.

>you are samefagging.
Kek, it's really funny how insecure jasonfag is.

>everyone complains about the character being lame
Like I said, speak only for yourself.

Anyone who has been here long enough would know that most of the Robin shitposting happen because of you.

This is so fucking dumb. I hate that this is how Kate Spencer and Vic are reintroduced.

>being a cringy characterfag
I think I just got secondhand embarrassment from this post

Nigga, look at this thread.

I think you are triggered and seething hard right now or you wouldn't have cared othetwise.

Why should we care about this event and it’s villain when Lex Luthor and the Legion are fucking to the universe? I think that would be the bigger concern.

120 posts, 33 IPs. There's absolutely no samefagging, sure my lad.

It's still 32 people versus 1.

I not reading this but does it tile into Leviathan in Morrison and if not why can't they think of new names?

>that Bendis speak
Christ help us

I don't care about your pity robinfagging war. Don't include us in this.

>a THANG!
Please don't do this

Not user but I've said since under the red hood that Jason Todd added more to the bat mythos dead than alive and Jason wank only proves it more so.

Notice how Damian doesn't actually answer Green Arrow's question as to why he thinks that Jason Todd is Leviathan. Probably because Bendis couldn't think of any in-universe reason for anybody to think that Jason is Leviathan, so he didn't bother.

Every single bat character have been wanked to death. It's only not ok with you when it's not your favourite and I'm getting sick of you messing up every thread because of your stupid dick measuring war.

Straight away. Green Arrow doesn't know who Manhunter is? She was introduced in his fucking book!!!!

I haven't read more than that 0,25 cent prelude issue and wasn't interested, so maybe we already got an explanation but: Even if Damian is convinced that Jason might be involved with Leviathan, why is Bruce going along with this theory so willingly?

>There is so much going on in this page, yet absolutely nothing at all (at least in terms of story) happens.
Fucking this. This issue was just some characters standing around in the Fortress of Solitude Bendispeaking as they flashback to them chasing a blatant red herring, we don't even get any clues. The only actual "plot" is Leviathan confronting Waller and then Superman showing up in the last few pages.

Uh oh, it's psycho-pirate from the bionicle universe!

Attached: Mia_Farrow_1965_press_photo.jpg (1023x1070, 107K)

A joke about Bendis speak user? Do you think I am making a joke about Bendis speak?

I don't really like the Sook designs, but this seems alright. I know expecting anything less than insulting from Bendis is what got him so far in the industry, but eh.

>Bluffy bluffer
Villain of the fucking year

>Bendis made the ginger with electric powers a black man AFTER his shitty reboot was revealed
Jesus it's like four or five memes at once

As a die-hard Batfaggot I understand the frustration with Batwank and for the most part I even agree with it (if Batman is always the super bestest at everything ever there's nowhere for him to go and no real payoff) however Jason's death was a status quo change in a medium plagued by status quo stagnation and a welcome one that spawned over a decade of character development for Tim, Dick and Bruce. Shit, Tim wouldn't exist if Jason hadn't died and neither would the Knightfall storyline (as we know it.) Wanking Jason is just big two comicbook authors trying to justify a retcon that hurt the brand.

so lightning lad really is black now lol

IDK why he has to raceswap. Just legit make new Black Legionnaires, theres already like millions of them it wouldn't be hard.

How the hell does Jason Todd know that Leviathan is making a big plan to "change the world" and make the moves that "the crime-fighters just don't"? As far as he and everyone else that hasn't heard Leviathan make his stupid THINGS SUCK SO JOIN ME pitch, he's just a megalomaniac super-villain planning wolrd domination or something.

So if Lightning Lad is black, that means that his sister and Lighting Lord will have to be black too.

give me a freaking break. jason todd proved to be far more valuable to dc alive and you can deny it all you want, but facts speak louder.

This. Also, lol at him being not dead hurt Batman. He was before nothing but a costme in a glass used to wank Tim.

He proved to be a shitty character. Why does he even go on as Red Hood? There's no reason. Why doesn't he kill the Joker when he's all about giving Batman crap for not killing criminals? There's no reason. Why does he do what he does? There's no reason. There's literally no rhyme or reason to anything about the character. He's a mess of poorly thought-out concepts. A shit character.
The only thing he has going for him is his edgyness and the embarrassing wank which is just more poorly thought concepts stacked on top of each other that basically boils down to him being the bestest ever in everything because the writer says so.

What was worse. When Jason one shot Lady Shiva with a karate chop or him taking out all these heroes here?

>Why does he even go on as Red Hood?
Because it's a middle finger to both Batman and Joker.

>Why doesn't he kill the Joker when he's all about giving Batman crap for not killing criminals?
Because Batman never let anyone kill his beloved joker. He already lost it over him shooting penguin.

Also, what a stupid questions you have. What is the point of any superhero when the villains keep coming back and killing more people? What are they exactly acomplishing? Nothing, because this is the status quo for cape comics.

Technically he didn't take them out, he just ran away.

>The characters had the same voice
Nuh-uh, someone off panel was saying things like "noice" and "thang"

>Because it's a middle finger to both Batman and Joker.
How is that a middle finger to them?
>Because Batman never let anyone kill his beloved joker. He already lost it over him shooting penguin.
But lets him mow down tons of nameless thugs? And despite Jason being all about killing criminals he still lets the Joker leave after everything the Joker did to him? Does this make any sense to you?
That's the other messy aspect of the character. Writers want Jason to be a wannabe Punisher in his own comic, constantly showing him killing nameless thugs. But writers always want to pander fans and show him interacting with the Bat-Family. So you've Batman making him promising to not kill anyone while in Gotham. As if that idea was any good. But then Jason also kills in Gotham and nothing happens.

Jason is just a shitty character with no defining theme or even purpose. There's no reason for anything that he does or is down to his fucking name. There's literally no point to him.

> To the Batcopter
Based

Not that user and I rarely read Red Hood, but I have to agree that it's a mistake to have all the Robin's be active. It would be the same thing as having Wally, Bally, Bar-tor, Bart around and in their own titles, with Jay, Max and whomever else also cameoing and guest starring.

I do enjoy legacies and I do enjoy the broader community in DC's mainline canon. But we don't need a Red Hood ongoing in the New 52 AND one is Rebirth/DC Universe that approaching 100 issues fairly soon, when you include annuals.

If Plasticman and Hawkman can make do with a mini or limited series, so can Jason Todd.

are you sure bendis is going by new 52 or by post crisis because post crisis jason intelligent was on the same level as every robin and skills way better than new 52 and rebirth. would he have beaten all of them no some yes

He immobilized them all. Then walked away.

kate was in green arrow until it was cancelled

Red Hood is Cancer.

Last time I checked, Dick and Jason aren't running around with the Robin mantle. They both have their own independent identity and them being active isn't an issue.

>How is that a middle finger to them?
Well, dumbass. Red Hood was the mantle of Batman's arch-enemy. Him (a former robin who was killed by the joker) running around with it is a middle finger to Batman.

As for the joker, Jason see it as way to steal something from the joker the same way he stole his life from him.

>But lets him
>let's
Kek. Tell me, which jail can keep Red Hood in when no jail in DC that isn't breakable? Stop asking dumb questions.

Jason went full BatGod in the Leviathan issue.

shiva

Red Hood is still Gay.

My bet is that Leviathan is Taila

it is still Jason.

Yeah, Jason being buddy-buddy with the Batfamily for no reason was one of the more stupid changes of the nu52.

Attached: Jason Todd14.png (1544x1086, 571K)

Such a blatant Morrison rip-off is more Snyder's style than Bendis.

I'm not even sure if I really care who is behind the mask.

Jason going as Red Hood made sense when Winick was writing him, because the Red Hood Gang is known in Gotham and because both Batman and the Joker knew it was Joker's old gang. So Jason was using the name both to take Gotham's criminal world more easily as well to draw Batman and Joker's attention to himself.

Outside of that single story the Red Hood identity makes no sense whatsoever. Both Batman and Joker doesn't care anymore about Jason. Lobdell came up with the excuse that Jason was using the name to take something from the Joker and make it his own, but that was a very poorly thought excuse for the use of the name, as everything that Lobdell comes up with. As of now there's no good reason for Jason to keep using that name other than branding.

That's why current Jason sucks so much as a character. He's poorly thought out. He's an inconsistent mess.

Kek at the way you are reaching so hard to prove that he "sucks". Just sum up your long dumb posts to "I hate him" and be done with it because no one cares about your feelings regarding a fictional character nor make him have no right to exist just because you do.

I actually liked Jason Todd. Even when he came back in Under the Hood. I just hate what the character turned into. He's like Jeb. A mess. Nothing makes sense about him anymore.

I for one am sick of both of you. Can we return to talking about this issue?

Nothing makes sense about any cape character. This still doesn't mean a certain character can't exist because you hate him now or whatever.

>Can we return to talking about this issue?
What's there even to talk about? Honestly.

>Nothing makes sense about any cape character.
You're wrong. At this point fucking Duke Thomas is a better thought out character than Jason. At least there's a consistency to the character. His background, his powers, his struggles, his general character arc, and so on. Can't say the same about Jason.

Jason still sucks.

No, I'm not. You are just a biased idiot who is trying so hard ti make an issue out of Red Hood because you hate him. Stop reading anything with him in it if you are such a sensitive flower who can't handle seeing him.

Forever Evil was a lot of fun

Waller looks like she's getting chunky again

Why do Bruce and Damian keep calling him "Jason Todd"? Is there another former Robin called Jason under suspicion of being Leviathan as well or something?

Lois Lane is actually an ok out of the box pick, the rest though, just an insult to Ralph

Jason Vorhees?

So why hasn't Leviathan recruited Jason yet? Like Jason at no point indicated that he didn't agree with Leviathan's views.

For a teacher, Bendis sure didn't learn that you need yo avoid Flashbacks in a story as much as you can. It's in every fucking manual of wr8ting style.

You have a problem with people who wear those aesthetics, user?

Sold like 75k. Wasn't that bad. This is a minor event, not something like HIC.

Just because he might not disagree with his methods, doesn't mean he will agree to join him.

Dark Knights Metal is pretty fun if you can manage to go with the flow of Snyder's Autism.

Forever Evil was alright, has the problem of being New 52 so characters are kinda off, but it does what it can.

Doomsday Clock has like a few good issues.

His death is still valid, however he is alive again. Tim is still around, and Jason being ther changes nothing to the reality of those characters. If anything made their evolution o creation worthless, it was Damian being in continuity as both Robin and Bruce actual blood son, amking both Dick and Tim worthless in their roles, and making Bruce angst about Jason really whining for nothing.

But Jason isn't even a regular batcharacter. He's his own thing in his contained book. He dosen't play the Robin, he's a straightforward vigilante.

You really have a hateb9ner, don't you? I advise you to visit ypur terapist.

They cannot decide if Duke has powees or not. Sure that's consistent, rite?

Didio happened

I think that you are making a joke about Bendis speak. Everybody makes jokes about Bendis speak. It is a hilarious thing to post about, this Bendis fellow

>Why doesn't Jason rape the Joker?

>Robinfaggotry, the thread
>Again

What happened here? He's getting punched, and then next thing he's won.

Forever Evil, Metal, No Justice, The Witching Hour and maybe Night of the Monster Men if you think of that as an event.

With Hickman’s x-charts. These post it note pages kind of lose their charm

>You really have a hateb9ner, don't you? I advise you to visit ypur terapist.
Jason is still shit.

>2019
>not knowing what a mary-sue is
Embarrassing.

>>not knowing what a mary-sue is
Jason todd

He is being sort of recruted by Lex to train some teenage mutants for Leviathan within his book I think.

Thks for the storytime OP.

Still don't like care for the event and the fight and dialogue are a mess to read, but all that salt because Jason did something else that landing on his ass for another bats or giving a sassy one-liner for once is a treat.

>REEEE
Don't be this retard, user.

>You do not learn who Leviathan is in this issue.
Speaking of mysterious DC villains, has The Other mentioned in Teen Titans/Deathstroke possibly other books been revealed yet?

I don't think so? I would be tempted to say that Teen Titans seems to take place in it's own little bubble if it wasn't for the deathstroke crossover.

Nobody cared to answer my question, so I guess it really wasn't explained why Bruce is also convinced that Jason might be Leviathan.

Well time to add him to the list.

Attached: 1565730946453.jpg (612x792, 124K)

This Harley costume doesn't look half bad.

Calling it now, Leviathan is Sam Lane.

Jason is still shit.

The "Rising" issue sold like shit, but the actual first issue was around 70K.
Which is pretty standard for a DC Event

>Or n--
What was he going to say, Yea Forums?

What exactly is so inconsistent about jason, he used to. Be allot angrier, but has since chilled out about killing since reconciling with bruce, but he still believes in taking a heavier hand aginst criminals

Jason has flaws and gets his asskicked all the time, hell bruce kicked his ass in like 2 pannels in his own fucking book

You arent wrong but I think it has something to do with him already thinking Jason is a crime boss in Teen Titans.

Lois is a macsucker and has terrible screen clutter? It’s a wonder she’s even good at her job.

You somehow sound more immature than the edgy comic character

>ginger changed into black
>black character with electric powers
2 birds with one stone I see.

>Bendis ruining Legion
>The exact fucking year I get into it

Same fucking thing happened with Superman and Young Justice, holy shit I hate this.

Could be the reason. Then again, Glass didn't bother to write a convincing explanation why Jason was the one behind trying to kill the team either.

least that was chalk up to, emiko in damian ear telling him it might be jason and him trying to fight against it. this is just everyone jumping on to damian saying help me prove it's not jason

Which makes this whole thing even weirder. How did we get from "help me prove it's not Jason" to a group of detectives chasing after Jason because they think it's him? That's not what Damian was asking from Bruce.