Why the hell does this show get so much hate from internet communities especially cartoon YouTubers...

Why the hell does this show get so much hate from internet communities especially cartoon YouTubers? I watched a bunch of episodes yesterday on TV because I was sick in bed with nothing to do and it was pretty good. Bouncy and fun animation and sight gags, great voice actings and jokes, pushes the boundries in terms of content, doesnt pull any punches when it comes to the gags by making the girls or black guy off limits from cartoon violence and mockery

Also it had fucking RAVAGER in the show. And a Knightfall gag. And a Breakfest Club episode for some reason. It was bretty good and I was never a fan of the original cartoon.

Attached: ttgo.gif (991x424, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3bgfpE9wzSg
youtube.com/watch?v=i4oAOZ8nbq4
youtube.com/watch?v=19BeCUJJYE0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It’s not the not-anime they grew up with and their waifus act funny.

it can be fine and doesn't deserve the vitriol it gets, but no it's not that great every time Beast Boy opens his mouth I want to shoot myself

BB has his moments, but considering he's a giant retard most of the time it doesn't make up for that

>Why the hell does this show get so much hate from internet communities especially cartoon YouTubers?
Because it sucks. It isnt funny, and its animation is bootleg tier at best. Also a big chunk of the hate goes towards it being overplayed. I could tolerate this shows existence back in a time where it didnt make up 70-80% of CNs programming lineup, but not anymore. Also it inspired CNs downfall into a toddler channel, where everything is now super PC slice of lifes for babies.

Attached: 890EFE80-16B8-4876-B28C-5DD06730B3BD.jpg (650x497, 43K)

I just find the humor annoying for the most part.
It is all sight gags, yelling, references and characters being dicks for no reason. The jokes are rarely anything more constructed than Beat Boy rapping about some fucking food item or another then getting thrown across the room by Raven. It is better than its reputation would make one believe but it is still pretty bad.
Plus its constant mean spirited jabs at the old TT show are fairly grating.
Pretty much this. I don't like the rest of the show that much but if BB didn't exist it would at least be tolerable.

It's not bad, it's just not as good as what it replaced, and they know it.

Its loud and stupid and it is so far up it's own ass over being hated that it is regularly smug on top of that. It's facebook meme humor.

Literally this, truth be told ive never even seen the original fully, and only hate TTG because its bad on its own right and it never stops airing.

The original teen titans were highly overrated and are nostalgia goggled as fuck.

that episode were they dubbed over an original tt episode was one of the unfunniest things i've ever seen on tv

not even a tt fan

Do you have a version of this gif that loops better?

Attached: moltar reading ulysses.jpg (500x372, 22K)

>it's just not as good as what it replaced, and they know it.
The fucking episode where they shit on the old series with that clown metaphor was almost amazingly out of touch. They seemed to unironically try to imply that the old Teen Titans show was some edgy hero drama and that it wasn't that good anyway despite directly taking just about all of its basic characterizations, designs, settings and voice actors instead of doing their own new thing.
I don't even think the old series was particularly great or anything but that is just bad form.

It is absolutely overrated anime trope cringe invented to try to keep the toonami faithful from tuning out permanently when they axed the japanese shit.

>HURR ANIME
I keep hearing this shit but what about it was even slightly anime outside of the theme song being sung by a J-pop group and the occasional SD comedy face?

>a Breakfest [sic] Club episode for some reason
If you know what the Breakfast Club is, you know the reason, first of all

Second, I'm just going to assume the underage ban has been lifted unless this thread gets deleted.

It's not actually that funny

Most if not all of the fans of the 2003 TT show do not care enough to make callout posts towards it anymore but that won't stop the creators from making self-referential episodes about how they know the show sucks or how the fans need to fuck off when they run out of idea's for episodes

They make episodes acknowledging how bad the show is as some weird way to deflect criticism

The animation is shit despite the background artist being great and the pilot designs being better as well

And the main reason is because it get's spammed or did get spammed on CN all the time and marathon'd so frequently that people stopped watching CN for some time

Attached: 1564500431762.gif (320x287, 781K)

>mean spirited

Hey Enter

Because nobody really wants to admit it but Teen Titans works much better as a comedy than a "serious" show. And calling the original a serious show is stretching since half the episode were stupid comedic filler, only without the self awareness and edge Go has. People think the original is some magnum opus of storytelling when over half the episodes were retarded filler starring recurring villains like Kitten, Mad Mod, Mumbo Jumbo, Control Freak, and Ding Dong Daddy, and other stupid episodes like Larry or Beast Boy stuck as a dog with some alien.

People also forget when Teen Titans first came out a lot of people were actually upset with it because it wasn't anything like the DCAU and just silly anime bullshit, and people were hoping for something more serious like the later series Young Justice.

I just wanted more of these.
youtube.com/watch?v=3bgfpE9wzSg

I feel like the hate has really lessened over the last year or so. Maybe after the movie was well received.

user, Breakfast Club came out 34 years ago.

Again, it's far from rocket science.

From my experience there is a HUGE quantity of people who seem to take some personal offense to them using the Teen Titans IP for such a dumb silly cartoon. Like they'll complain about getting this show rather than a proper continuation and say that they're ruining the legacy of such a great show, which I find kinda odd because it was obvious from the very start that it's just a stupid gag show. Beyond that the humor is kinda childish and infantile, which is fine because it's a dumb comedy show for kids. A lot of teens and 20-somethings don't find it funny or find it obnoxious, and if it wasn't teen titans or if it didn't air 24/7 they'd probably just ignore it but since it's so oversaturated they feel they can't help but try to criticize it. It's not any dumber or any worse animated a show than Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi or Mucha Lucha but everyone seems to remember THOSE shows fondly.

Attached: 1515625487057.jpg (1920x1080, 315K)

I can't speak for any "internet communities" or "cartoon YouTubers" because fuck em.
However, makes the best point for me.
>characters being dicks for no reason.
the character act like dumbasses and assholes written by dumbasses and assholes for dumbasses and assholes. Violent video games doesn't inspire mass shootings, Teen Titans Go does.

34>18 indeed isn't.

>the humor is kinda childish and infantile, which is fine because it's a dumb comedy show for kids
Uh, no.
It's not fine.
Maybe if you're raising a dumbass kid or an asshole kid you might believe this, and if you do then maybe you should also get you and your kids to drink bleach to prevent autism.

It’s Family Guy for tweens

What boundaries does it push? Robin shaking his ass while a voice screams “BOOTY!” isn’t pushing boundaries, it’s just stupid.

It's fine show it's just oversaturated with how much it's played on Cartoon Network

You still know why they made the reference.

It's fine dude. Getting mad that a kids show has dumb silly infantile humor is just a waste of time. If you personally don't think it's appropriate for your kid then sure, turn it off and make them watch some batman the animated series or discovery channel or whatever you think is quality television for a young developing mind. But for a dumb cartoon, TTG just feels like a lateral move from whatever the hell I was watching when I was a kid.

I think the hate began because of not muh and now it’s because of CNs scheduling where it seems the show is on almost 24/7

>It's fine dude.
It really isn't tho.

Attached: 1398437598334.gif (555x312, 2.05M)

>What boundaries does it push? Robin shaking his ass while a voice screams “BOOTY!” isn’t pushing boundaries, it’s just stupid.

BOOOOTAAAAY

youtube.com/watch?v=i4oAOZ8nbq4

No, I'm not OP, I've never watched Breakfast Club and so I didn't catch the reference.
t. 34 year old

youtube.com/watch?v=19BeCUJJYE0

>Teen Titans Go causes violence

What was the Knightfall gag?

Attached: batfire vs doggy bane.jpg (1063x595, 224K)

Because every fucking SJW are toxically jealous and negative wasting their time of life trying to tear the show down. That's why all we need to erase all social media Sjws because they spreding nothing but empty unnecessary threats

This show is npt terrible, but terribly obnoxious and not as smart as it thinks it is.

The ironic thing is, it would've been better received if it was just a standalone cartoon about OC characters... but then it wouldn't be nearly as popular. And they wouldn't have nearly as much material to make jokes about.

Are you retarded? This show is pro-SJW, just like everything on every mainstream channel in current year. Literally no one criticizes it for being misoginistic or sexist or racist or whatever.

Imagine seeing everything through your silly culture scuffle lenses.
This show is about as uninterested in idpol as anything.

>pro-SJW

Ironically it's more anti-SJW than anything else on CN. Remember how Mandy was untouchable and never got her comeuppance in Billy and Mandy she was just like Gaz and other 'lol dark evil girl who always wins'? Raven and Starfire and all the girls routinely get their shit kicked in. Pretty much everyone in TTGO is open season.

I like how Terra is a villain in Go, its more accurate to the comics where she fucks Deathstroke rather than her being some tragic figure who was just being manipulated by Slade. The best episodes are the girls nights out episodes.

Hell, they even made Bumblebee likable in this show, where as in the original cartoon she was just there to have another black character and was a strong womyn who didn't need no man. Now she's a fun bee obsessed sass queen who Ravager talks shit on all the time and makes fun of her.

>Ironically it's more anti-SJW than anything else on CN. Remember how Mandy was untouchable and never got her comeuppance in Billy and Mandy she was just like Gaz and other 'lol dark evil girl who always wins'? Raven and Starfire and all the girls routinely get their shit kicked in. Pretty much everyone in TTGO is open season.
That's gender equality, which is SJW.
Women are not supposed to take punishment.
They are weak porcelain beings who NEED the care of a man.
Treating them as "one of the boys" is how you get suffrage and "paternal leave".

how the heck did they manage to shake up the team dynamic by successfully adding another member? SU couldn't do it, PPG couldn't do it but TTG somehow did.

Would everyone here quit kidding themselves? The first show was post-import garbage with an admittedly strong action base; this series is just "for kids" trash and the only meaningful development for it will be when Flash is no longer supported at the end of next year.

>This show is npt terrible, but terribly obnoxious and not as smart as it thinks it is.
This. It's a decent show but they've been riding the self aware gags for too long and too many jokes end up just being

>Ha ha hey guys we're the teen titans and we're not silly and dumb right? Psyche we are!

I think whatever hatred of the actual show is mild but it's amplified because Cartoon Network has an 8 hour marathon of it every other day

>I was never a fan of the original cartoon.

There's the thing- they probably were and now they are ANGRY. ANGRY that their super serious cartoon is now joke based.

Remove Beast Boy, add Kid Flash, Hawk, Power Boy or literally any other Titan ever.

What makes it worse than family guy in wany possible way? Is basically FG with better jokes and animation but less gore.

The TTG movie is like, legit good, imo. It's got some great animation gags and some really solid humor, and a surprisingly good story for what it is.

Honestly if it wasn't for Spider-Verse hitting right at the end of the year, it would have been my favorite superhero movie of last year.

I like the show, but there's only a few episodes I tend to rewatch, the TNBTS ones being examples. The girls are also cute to draw and edit.

Attached: NBTS Edit 2.png (582x817, 575K)

>TTG movie
>Spider-Verse
This shit reminds me why you're called "Gen-Z."

you do know it's because they're following the alphabet right and not some hidden meaning (which i assume you mean they're generation of zeroes).

>it's because they're following the alphabet
And they started at X, for some fuck-off reason.

>i assume you mean they're generation of zeroes
Where is Z in the English alphabet?

TNBTS episodes are the height of the series.

it doesn't anymore. after mr enter commented on his criitcs and the movie came out, nobody gives a fuck anymore.

>Teen Titans works so much better as a comedy
>why do people like the original? It was mostly filler with goofy villains

Make up your mind

I think people have just been browbeaten so hard my TTG's success and constant exposure that they've convinced themselves it must be good when it really is lowest common denominator trash on par with those ai generated kid-focused youtube videos

The show itself is pretty inoffensive. The issue is that it was like the only show playing on CN for some time (not sure if it's still like that) and it felt like the show would go out of it's way to shit on the fans of the older series so it got a lot vitrol

I'd say it boils down to two things.
1. It's a reboot of Teen Titans that is completely different in tone and artstyle. It's undeniable that the show is completely different from the original Teen Titans which pisses a lot of fans of the series off.
2. It took up way too much airtime on CN while shows like Steven Universe were constantly put on hiatus and barely shown on the network.
These two factors made the show a huge target for Youtubers looking to get views by telling people what they want to hear about it. I personally think the show looks hit or miss most of the time, but a lot of the hate towards it is misguided.

Does it really? I see Gumball playing on CN just as much as TTG.

This. It's usually people who don't have enough of a life to ignore a cartoon that's not targeted to their demographic.

gumball has the luxury of being immune to "you ruined my childhood!/not muh..."

TTG is very different from your standard Cal Arts slice of life enjoyed by 20 something year olds. The show has a sense of humor that kids are more into than adults and that pisses off the older TT fans who grew up with the 2000s anime wannabe action show.

trash unwatchable. bad voice acting

I personally like Teen Titans Go.
I watched the original Titans and it aged poorly.
TTG will most likely aged poorly too but I won't lie their meta episodes are genuinely funny.

I liked the self-indulgent special.

Ravager is the best character on the show.

Attached: kj.jpg (1140x643, 198K)