Why are all the pantheons besides Greek and Norse ignored? For what purpose?

Why are all the pantheons besides Greek and Norse ignored? For what purpose?

Attached: skyfathers.jpg (1607x684, 642K)

Other urls found in this thread:

classic.tcj.com/interviews/grant-morrison-on-adapting-the-mahabharata-for-modern-audiences/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The only other one widespread in public consciousness is Egyptian. I agree it would be cool if there was more of that. And then with things like Hindu deities it's more controversial since lots of people actually worship them (rather than a handful of snowflake pagans). But hardly anyone knows enough about Celtic or Sumerian mythology to feel comfortable throwing it randomly into a setting, whereas we all have a rough idea about Zeus and Thor.

Attached: tumblr_inline_nubpwzvFMu1s7vj63_1280.jpg (1280x1297, 1.1M)

Thor fought a few Egyptian gods but for the most part the other pantheons & Sky-Fathers were left alone and it was probably just as well they stuck to the European gods or we'd all be catching hell right now in the current social climate.

I vaguely remember Red Hulk fighting an Aztec god in 2012. Was there any asspain about that one?

Aside from Egyptian lore, most of the other religions are either too foreign and unknown for most Americans or Westeners, or they’d get offended if they’re used. Like, Indians CONSTANTLY bitch about the depictions of Kali in games, books and such. Christianity is overused, no fucking way is a studio going to anger Muslims, and everything else is too obscure to use or is somewhat protected by activists (just look at how Polynesians get when their religions are used in media. Some studios just straight up work with people who follow these other religions and mythologies, but those are few and far between. It’s just easier, less costly and less controversial if you use the Greek or Norse gods and myths. Most modern pagans don’t give a shit.

Indians seem to get really fucking triggered by portrayals of their mythology that deviate even in the slightest.

Grant Morrison adapted a Hindu sacred text with 18 Days.
classic.tcj.com/interviews/grant-morrison-on-adapting-the-mahabharata-for-modern-audiences/
And also he did Vimanarama.
Alan Moore did Horus for Image's 1963 as a Thor parody.

Ahriman would be a cool villain, honestly.
He's essentially Satan before Satan, the cause of old age, war, death, pestilence, was responsible for a third of humanity dying and made a primordial whore to cause women great pain while pregnant, and more evil shit.

Roman ones are usually just altered Greek gods
Mesoamerican mythology is too obscure
Native Americans and Hindus still do their thing so the writers don’t want to get in that mess
Other stuff tends to just be really weird sounding to us westerners, like all the crazy shit going on with Shinto mythology.
And I think most people nowadays consider Egyptian mythology overdone, even if the level we get in pop culture is pretty shallow compared to “here’s all these legends and gods like Thor and Hercules!”
And Hercules is one of the fewer times the Roman name is more popular, the only other I can think of off the top of my head being Neptune instead of Poseidon, maybe.

For DC
>Mesopotamian gods were the Oans in disguise
>Egyptian gods are lords of order and chaos
>Aztec, Roman and Hindu gods were murderstomped by Lobo
>Abrahamic god is really the presence

the public is american

they are not the brightest ones and know little about worlds affairs, even more with foreign gods.

Isn't the problem with Kali is some confuse him with Shiva?

Moon knight kinda covers the Egyptian pantheon

fpbp
Most people usually just use the mythologies they are most comfortable with or know the audience is most comfortable with.

huh, I guess this was a series

Attached: ''The_Brave_and_the_Bold_Batman_and_Wonder_Woman_Vol_1_1.jpg (1280x1968, 763K)

I mean, unless you do a Chaos War kind of deal where all of them representative are reunited in one book i would be hard to give every pantheon time to shine.
Some of them are simply more involved with humans than the others.

I'd say the third most used one is the Egypt stuff with Heliopolis. Also a couple of years ago the Atzec where becoming kind of a bigger deal.
Then there are the single deites that roam around like Anasi and show up every now and then.

I used to think using all of them pantheons at all the times would be a cool thing to see, then God is Dead came out, and i realized why no one does it.

I don't know, but I think they are better than Japanese.

Because Greco-Roman and Norse mythologies are the ones our forefathers carried with us through medieval Europe, Colonial America, Manifest Destiny, and eventually into science fiction fantasy and the American Comic Book Industry

Thor fought Shiva once.
IIRC it was retconned to be Indra when people pointed out Shiva should really be an endgame fight rather than a duel of relative equals.

god is dead is such fucking ass though and the fucker clearly knew next to nothing about any of the characters and concepts he was using

I think people now days would just fucking cry about how if you're white it isn't your place to write about horus, anansi, maui, etc or some other such bullshit

Easiest ones to use without bothering some butthurt believers while also minimal research. Who the fuck still worships Odin outside of some white supremacist LARPers, a handful of dudes in Iceland, and several Final Fantasy characters?

Absolutely, who wrote it had no idea of how the characters he was writing were supposed to be and just made everyone a fucking horny asshole.
After the first arc he even copy and pasted what happened in Miracleman.

>maui
The seven (!) people who wrote Disney's Moana are white and nobody gave a shit.