I wrote and am animating a cartoon. How do I pitch it to networks

I wrote and am animating a cartoon. How do I pitch it to networks

Attached: Screenshot_1935.png (674x675, 857K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dga3QXY4NsA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what's the cartoon?

mail it to them hidden at the bottom of a box of confectionary treats.

MR.Enter go back to making your video essays.

it's an adult cartoon about eggs

Yea Forums problems warrant Yea Forums solutions.

Danger and eggs?

Shadi Petosky is that you?

no but I'd like to know how to pitch to amazon like that fella did

Go on
Whats it about? It sounds stupid but im curious also be aware thousands of people pitch show ideas every year to all networks.
Also can you post some rough sketches or animation clips?

Don't. I guarantee anyone who browses Yea Forums is not television-ready.

Make the main character a lesbian and pitch it to Netflix.

Fuck networks. Work on your own shit.

[ALL THE EGGS]

Dude please, please post some artwork or more detail on the plot of the show(like an episode idea please I won't bully. Im genuinely curious and this thread wont go anywhere if you don't expand on your idea. Please post the art im begging please I want to see it oh god fucking please do it

Wasn't rebecca sugar a lurker here?
This sadly.

go to that adult swim pitch your cartoon stream shit. it's usually on thursdays

>clown frogposter
It's probably bad

it's about two crack addicted eggs who come up with schemes to get money that always end with them crackless and broke
maybe could be described as an adult eene

it literally is my own shit

So it's about trans people coming out if the closet?

It sounds like it will run out of ideas fast im assuming you have secondary characters established? Where does this take place? Are they the size of egg or is this an egg world with other food products as characters? Also post some concept art, please post some art

You do understand that cartoons cost hundreds of thousands to produce per episode so you'll have to be sure you really sell it to whatever company your looking to share it with.

there's 2 secondary characters established in the 1st episode and one of them is a recurring one - in one of the three next episodes (only have stories, not scripts for all but the first one which is fully written) I plan on introducing 2 more recurring characters, one being female
the world is normal but instead of people, they are eggs, I do have an idea to introduce other foods down the line, but it's mostly eggs
it is taking place wherever in the US - at this stage it doesn't matter
here's a title screen and a random frame from the first scene youtu.be/dga3QXY4NsA
I do but am still developing the first episode and not really sure if I will try and pitch or not, just trying to get some information or advice and so far the Adult Swim thing is the best in the thread, although it's kinda fishy considering they keep the rights to it or some similar nonsense

Attached: Screenshot_1961.png (1641x925, 812K)

Have you, perhaps, considered rising up?

>it's about two crack addicted eggs who come up with schemes to get money that always end with them crackless and broke
I gotta say user this is a god tier fucking premise.

are you american?
if its that so, good luck hahaha

thanks user
I'm not.

well, at least thats a bit better
american "cartoon" sector, seems a bit full nowadays

my country's animation industry is literally non-existent so my best bet would still be pitching to americans, somehow, somewhere.

I like what I see and I really like the title and music.
My thoughts are basically you should be making a youtube and building a following and getting approached eventually(like chris and zach with hellbenders).

are you south american?

Enter one of those contests. Or become internet famous. Or already get your feet in the industry.

I figured as much, but how the fuck do people build a following without regular uploads? Sure, I've got a bit of a backlog to upload before this is done but it's still less than 10 things and all are scriptless, voiceless, music visualisations. and using twitter is just impossible

Why? It's not hard to make it at cn or nick or fox or disney if you're far left leaning and hate president le orange drumpf xDxDxDxD

no, I am eastern european

how do people accomplish literally any of those three things?

Thats where the invisible hand of luck comes in where some people make it and others don't, it's hard to say but just establishing a begining profile will be better than nothing. If you're genuinely talented or do something successfull with meme culture(shadman) people will notice. I think the most important bit of advice is be patient and unless you immeadiately blow up it'll take like 5+ years to gain "approchable" popularity.

Yes. Yes I have.

you compile your ideas together, and you also compile the business strategy for this. How is it going to make money, user? Who will watch it? How will stories be written/told? Before you pitch you want to have figured out the big questions, and this includes the art and creative aspects as well as the business side of it and how it can be sold as a product, and how production can be streamlined

From there, begin building a network of people in the industry. This can be done via school, work, animation events, film festivals, introductions, etc. Be reputable and have good work, and work to be someone who people want to work with, or listen to. Cold pitching to network executives who have never heard of you won't get you far.

Additionally, push to get your work recognized. If you can create something as proof of concept, and do the work to ensure that you get something to go viral (which includes good content, marketing, Search Engine Optimization, audience engagement, etc), and prove with hard numbers that there is a market for your product, then people will actually listen to you.

Selling a cartoon is the same as selling anything else. You must appeal to people's raw, base sensibilities, and the thing you are selling must thoroughly make sense. As a fairly general metric, let's say you need someone to say "yes" 10 times in order to convince them of your idea. For every "no" you receive, subtract about 7 of your yes's. The power of negativity heavily outweighs positivity in the brain.

Think it all through, plan carefully, and execute. If you fuck up, try again and make sure all of your bases are covered.

Attached: 1528005122853.jpg (500x353, 84K)

this honkler is terrifying