What the fuck was his problem?

what the fuck was his problem?

Attached: butcher.jpg (1976x1843, 750K)

Wife got raped then murdered by the rape baby

he just really liked dogs okay?

>puts up with years of abuse from alcoholic father
>goes to war as a teenager and almost dies
>little brother, who was his best friend and basically his conscience his whole life, killed in an accident at 19
>wife, the last remaining person who cared about him, raped and killed by rape baby

You'd go batshit insane, too.

Wait what?

Her superpowered rape baby exploded out of her womb, killing her.

What's with the censored speech bubbles
Septics at it again?

don't forget that they killed his dog the last thing he gave affection to

Technically he was somewhat nice to Hughie. Mentally abusive but there was some brothery affection there.

I still don't know how the hell she didn't know she have a baby or went straight to the doctor

Even if the baby was growing fast, she should be able to stop it. Hell, she should have went to the doctor after she was raped.

Attached: 4b7.jpg (500x333, 15K)

Hughie was Butcher's stand-in for his dead brother in basically every possible way, including how he stopped him from doing something insane and destructive at the end.

It's actually really sweet (in an albeit sorta fucked-up Ennis way) once you realize that the entire time Butcher was basically setting up Hughie to be the hero who saves the day, gets the girl, and moves on from his difficult past. He wanted to make sure Hughie got the happy ending that his own brother never had.

The fetus was really small, I don't think you could tell by just looking.

yeah, tho butcher is still a complete nut and i wish we lived in the time line where only hughie found out and stopped butcher by himself so the rest of the boys wouldn't have...

Attached: tears in the rain.gif (245x245, 1.99M)

Pretty sure killing Terror destroyed the last thing keeping him human.

He hates capes, he hate them so much he made a job out of it, a job he learned to love.
He is pretty much like pic related in how much he hates and loves to kill the things he hates.

Attached: 5ca[1].jpg (950x1556, 135K)

How would you even abort a fetus with all the powers of Superman?

Butcher had a disdain for superheroes because they just fuck everyone's shit up. And he was right. Superheroes have a tendency to not give a fuck about shit and other people involved.

Why are you acting like an authority on the subject when you haven't even read The Boys?

Makes you wonder if these guys would go after people like Superman or Thor?

Fag probably just watched the TV show, or is trolling.

Was a cunt all his life

well Superman and Thor are officially not bad people, so anyone going after them wouldn't have much justification.

He was an asshole with nobody to hold him back.

Fuck you Ennis this is the comic I wanted to read.

He's a cunt

Who was the rapist?

he still got super tearful at his own idea just after doing black noir.

and in the end he could do hughie in.

Wait, are we talking about Ennis or Butcher here?

It was Homelander being framed by Black Noir

you're multiple levels of retarded.

First you haven't even read the comic.

She didn't want her husband to know because he would've immediately tried to kill basically fucking Superman and gotten himself killed.

Second you are retarded about basic women's anatomy.

It's incredibly common for people to not know they're pregnant until after 3 months.

couldn't*

he didn't like superheroes very much.

after what happened to his wife, his hate was all he had left, even after actually getting the one who did it and causing immense damage to the company, he couldn't stop. in that way, he became just like his dad. hating them all the way out the door

Based self-insert.

damn.

That was a weird thing about the show, the supes really aren’t that fucking bad compared to the comic.

I have no idea what they’re going to do with season 2 because houghies personal arc that went over a shit ton of books was completed in 8 episodes

Mallory pretty much spells it out; he was a violent man who led a violent life and had a violent childhood, but marrying his wife stabilized his worst tendencies.
After she died her death and the training Mallory had given him in effect no more reasons to even attempt to reign in his murderous impulses and in many ways though Becca’s death is the instigator of who he becomes it isn’t the reason why he keeps killing supes, it’s just the match that got thrown onto the gasoline.

It’s very much more of what Ennis did with Punisher and a similar sort of moral; anyone who commits that fully and completely to living a life of killing and murder must on some level enjoy what they are doing. Hughey at the end hasn’t changed much from how he started as a character but by Ennis’ own admission this is actually a triumph considering that becoming more like The Boys he joined would effectively make him no better then the supes are.

that's my issue as well, what are they gonna do with Hughie now? it was a lot of build up from this page
to this one.

Attached: hughie_jamie.jpg (679x1003, 132K)

The show clearly isn’t written by a misanthropic asshole like Ennis who is self-obsessed with this overbearing North-Ireland-During-The-Troubles-Inspired masculinity that comes off as childish and absurd that leaks into half of the shit he does, and also don’t feel the need to write all of his villains as automatically cartoonishly stupid just so the heroes can win.

Rather the show seems to more be about how we frequently worship celebrities and let them get away with a lot of awful shit, and if celebrities ALSO had superpowers it would be a pretty fuckin’ bad thing.

At least he didn't get cucked like show Butcher.

>That was a weird thing about the show, the supes really aren’t that fucking bad compared to the comic.
I think in Homelander's case while the show gave us a glimpse at his sad childhood and show moments with him displaying vulnerability with Stillwell it also made him a psycho from the start. In the comics he's a careless asshole but he's not outright murdering people left and right at his own whim, that comes later after he convinces himself that he's losing it and doing things he doesn't remember. And we even see him suffer for (like that scene were A-Train finds him curled up and crying). Hell he actually tried to save the people from the airplane, panicked throughout the whole thing, even after the Deep broke the window and did try lifting the plane. Homelander in the show didn't give a fuck after the controls were busted.

nearly 20 years enduring domestic violence.

psychological violence does things to people. Then his brother dies and his wife who was basically his rehab gets FUBAR'd.

Adding to that, his time with Mallory had him torturing and killing people who really didn't deserve it. That's probably when he decided he was beyond help and he might as well go full death wish. Hughie was a subconscious last try at proving he could stop himself

>what the fuck was his problem?
You asked the right question but directed it at the wrong character.
A) He was an absolute psychopath.

Attached: 3281270-james stiwell 7.jpg (1280x818, 243K)

Wish we had gotten to see the full fight. Homelander apparently lasted long enough after getting his jaw punched off to knock off half of Noir's head, disembowel him, and eye laser most of his arm off.

Attached: Noir.jpg (1600x1232, 630K)

Why did DC not have the balls to publish the rest of the series? They love capeshit thrashing like this.

What was Vought's plan if Black Noir went rogue?

black noir was test tubed to be less of a rampaging monstar, flight and eye lasers were the homelanders worrying things.

black noir was like a single use fella. easier to put down on a long stretch of road.

He got cucked

Why did Noir stick his finger in Hughie's bum?

Read the comic to find out.

they didn't think of that
Vaught are fucking idiots except for Stillwell, it's shown that any product they make is fucking shit, from rifles they made for vietnam war to supes

Noir WAS the plan for something going wrong, so they never predicted what to do if he is the one going rogue

he's crazy

Read the comic you fuck

Because Hughie's a good soldier

Which is why the show doesn't even work. They removed the base for his abnormal hate.

Fuck you, jews

Why didn't they just write their own shit? Instead of taking the name of the comics, stealing a bunch of shit and rewriting it to suit them

Because adapting Ennis shit and making it slightly better is easier, and honestly, a favor for anyone with good taste.

Homelander did loads of shit to Noir there, the fucker looks actually burnt in some places. But yeah, I'm betting Noir could've ended it quickly but wanted to savor it. Shit I bet the only reason he went outside to see Butcher was in his own fucked up way trying to be nice. Butcher waited years for his chance to fuck up the guy who he thought raped his wife, just like Noir waited decades for his chance to kill Homelander. Noir prolly wanted Butcher to finally get his revenge just like he'd gotten to finally pull the plug on Homelander.

How would The Boys fare in Marvel/DC?

they'd be quickly dealt with, since their supes are actually competent

It was honestly retarded how bad the supes were in the comic, obviously super powered people who behave like that would not listen to humans at all or care about their public image, but Garth can't help it with the edge. The show is a more realistic depiction of how power corrupts weak willed people and facilitates sociopaths.

They’re called Cadmus, and they do find

>behave like that would not listen to humans at all or care about their public image

They do because it makes them money
Homelander says that to A-train who was mocking Starlight at the meeting "Do not fuck around in front of the money"

>obviously super powered people who behave like that would not listen to humans at all or care about their public image
But they do, how else are they going to get paid?

Marvel citizens love them
DC superheroes put them down before breakfast

They’d just be part of Cadmus in DC. In Marvel hopefully they’d eradicate mutants for good.

>Dat smile
That is the face of man who accomplished his life goal

>In Marvel hopefully they’d eradicate mutants for good
Yeah, that's not going to happen.

Psychological warfare, now Hughie knows hes powerless to resist Noir and that he can be violated in the most personal of ways

So I assume BN isn't bulletproof as well? Because he got his ass kicked by the military there

Depleted uranium tipped rounds

I think it's just a combination of he's already fucked up from fighting Homelander + a huge amount of firepower concentrated directly on him. Remember that the Marines shown in that panel are just a tiny section of a long-ass perimeter

You WILL die mutant scum

and this, couldn't remember if they had special ammo or if it was just the missile targeting stuff

Was it a reference to DKR?

>It's incredibly common for people to not know they're pregnant until after 3 months.

Those women are retarded then. They should have known the moment their period stops.

What about the fact that periods can stop or have their rhythm disturbed for a variety of reasons that aren't pregnancy?

>It's incredibly common for people to not know they're pregnant until after 3 months.
Well, only if you're stupid
If you actually know what your body is like and what changes to look for you'll know within 2 weeks of conception.

t. Your Fucking Dad, Faggot

This. The evilness/degeneracy of the supes in the comics is ridiculous

>sweaty male virgin lectures women on their bodies
Get a prostitute and have sex

Someone already listed what was wrong with Butcher so while we are on the subject of what is wrong with Butcher..

I thought Ennis deconstructing his favorite kind of protagonist was something he just started to do as he got older but going back Butcher and his issues with being an inherently self destructive bastard seems to be a reoccurring theme in a lot of Ennis's work. Which makes me wonder. Did he intentionally make Jesse like Jody or was it something he did by accident that he later started doing explicitly?

Sad you ended up alone with cats eh?
It's okay, I understand you have no idea what progesterone feels like.

Have sex, sweaty

>Hell, she should have went to the doctor after she was raped.
lots of women don't do that, out of fear/shame/etc. They should do it, but often they just got fucked up so bad they don't do it

yes

Ain't no sun in the womb, bitch. Just cut that cord.

Surely it can't have been an accident, with how Jody says "proud of you, son", or whatever it is he says?

I'm the only one who got a morbid sense of satisfaction in the TV series when turns out that Butcher's wife was never raped, but rather she cheated on him, making everything he had done in his quest for vengeance pointless?

I don't know if that was the intention in the original, but Butcher's archetype, the hyper violent and brooding macho, always filled with rage and contempt, full of entitlement to ruin the lives of others in pursuit of vengeance, always felt childish and inmature for me, and It felt really good to see him knocked down a peg.
But of course, there's still season 2, and the jury is still out about Becca's alleged infidelity. How do you they'll move the character forward in the next season?

Did you actually read the fucking comic? It's all there, black on white.

>subconscious
Very, very concious.

He doesn’t have flight or heat vision so he’d be objectively easier to kill with a large AoE attack like a nuke

Black Noir is a monstrous tank, he had numerous fatal wounds and still required 2 minutes straight of A-10 round equivalent spray and pray to get him on his knees, and even then he needed a superhuman to pull his brain out and squish them for him to finally die. A healthy Homeland or Black Noir could beat the USA

they were using depleted uranium ammunition

I actually agree. The idea that the brooding hero’s raison d’être is nothing but bs is a pretty interesting concept

>I don't know if that was the intention in the original
It definitely was, according to Ennis. But then Ennis has made a career of writing things like Punisher Kills The Marvel Universe, so you can't expect him to get it completely right in deflating the character. Sadly Butcher has become another Rorschach.

The problem is that they could just take what they wanted. They're almost literally gods, they could have subjugated the normies and killed most any supers who came after them. Even the boys who were dosed up with high calibur versions of compound V couldn't really hurt them.

We don't know that 100%, it's actually rather ambiguous, and I wouldn't trust Homelander when he says she loved it.

shhh user knows everything about periods.
he's the expert.

>see him knocked down a peg.

but this butcher was nothing like comic butcher, so i get nothing.

Black Noir was just stronger that Homelander and could tank his attacks. He couldn't fly or shoot lasers.

No herogasm then?

He couldn't. He was MK/ULTRA'd to do only one thing, kill the homelander

Not how this version of not-superman works. Is a thing in their genes. The 10 weeks fetus busted out of her womb and almost killed Butcher with his laser eye and super strength.

why do fucks keep saying this, there was plenty of examples of good heroes in the comic, and even among the worst they were given rounded personalities that made them likeable.

All the Ennis hate lately feels like it comes from people who dont even read comics and just watch youtube videos or read wiki articles

Was a cuck

They are doing Herogasm in season 3, read the AMA the show runner did

There where a handful of good heroes.
Lovesausage, the american youth and Super duper.
But most where unhinged and hedonist, which makes sense considering they pretty much all of them where raised like child actors.

>season 3
That still feels a LITTLE ambitious at this point.

That's show Butcher who got cucked, comic Butcher's wife got legit raped.

And he was cucking the CIA lady's husband on top of it.

Come on, she lied.

You're a blatant shitposter try harder next time.

>t. Butcher

Honestly they'll probably just do a clone juke out. It wouldn't surprise me

Jesse always had a precarious relationship with Jody. Jody did in fact in many ways raise and father him. Of course he did it with a lot of abuse so don't go getting too sentimental. The real difference is in how they are. TC was always a psycho and so was Jesse's grandmother. Jody did it because he got genuine joy out of hurting. You can see it in the comic pretty clearly. He enjoys hurting others and falling in with Jesse's grandmother was the best way for him to continue to do that and get even more out of it. For awhile in Preacher we even see Jesse worry about some of his actions, but in his reunion with his Mom they even discuss how Jody raised him. It gets briefly sentimental, but then ends with "Jesse are you sure you killed him?" And Jesse tells her that he strangled him till his eyes popped (or something to that extent). Jesse was molded by this monster, but not made by him. He took the monster's teachings to kill it, but he didn't become him. That's the real beauty of Jody's line "I'm proud of you son." He thinks he's made another one of him, that he has imparted that vicious spirit, but the Jesse we see, well he's one of the good guys. Just like his father told him to be.

This. She got BLACKED Noir'd and she loved it.

Is Butcher, Baker, Candlestick Maker the best writing in the comic?

Attached: JUL111012._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg (360x540, 70K)

He is Ennis's self loathing self insert

There's so many good scenes in this. My personal favorite is when Butcher is gonna stomp that fucker at the bar and Becca stops him without even trying or thinking. Ennis may love war stories, but he writes romance like a pro

They seriously censor curse words in this?

I was thinking on getting the TBPs but now i'm not so sure.

nope, in fact dunno why the fuck is op censored.

seems like a shit shop.

>Why isn't an adaptation exactly the same as the story I've already read

>my only goal was to kill HL
>now I can kill myself as well

Hysterectomy.

The army fucked up all of them except Homelander, who was the real problem. All those rogue supes and they were just chaff from the wheat to a trained an experienced force. The rest of them could be dealt with but they didn't have any countermeasure for Homelander, and he was the strongest supe ever, VA made a poitn that even the Seven, their top of the line supes, were nowhere near as tough and powerful as he was.

And for all his power he just wanted very basic stuff; sex, drugs and public adulation. He could go God Emperor and demand it as tribute from mortal insects but he had an easier time just playing the role and having it handed to him on a silver platter. The other supes were pretty much the same, it's easier for VA to just give you whatever you want than actually taking it and trying to run the world. What's the point? They'd only fuck it up.

Maybe she CHOSE to not be a soulless baby killer.

The idea that it's childish and immature is the point in the comic though, that's the fucking reason it's called the BOYS

Mohammed, please go.

And then Butcher gets to him

oh alright then, good to know.

Tragic ones, at least.

Attached: Fury Max 013-018.jpg (1920x2951, 976K)

Open wounds are heores weakspots. Open orifaces too, any place to get a explosion in is a big blow.
This would be common in DC/Marvel if they allowed actual victory by gore.

Clonelander

For the Yea Forumsmrades that have watched the show, how is the frenchman in it?
The character was Ennis' reaction to the post-Iraq war french bashing in the US, so I wonder how an american adaptation made 10 years later handled it.

He was a cool dude, but much more the product of the times than the rest of the cast.

He's not really "Frenchie." He's more of just a French dude who knows guns.

Jesus fuck dude, at least try to actually attack the argument

Guess the original would have been too abrasive for US audiences.
What a shame.

Well he wouldn't have made any sense. Sadly screen watchers don't appreciate the concept of a mad cunt who's only loyal to his buds as much.

She knew she was pregnant, it's just that the baby developed far quicker than normal and ripped out of her stomach since it was already super-powered with laser eyes and shit.

God, I hate Goblin Slayer so much and hate how fan artists basically crimp Doomguy's schtick in fanart.

I kind of like what the show did. I love the original comics but making the supes fucked up but in a more human way than just making them violent hedonists 24/7 like in the source material. Hell, even if they cut some of the best stuff from Butcher's character the way they handle them still works pretty well in the context of the show.

He's different but the same in spirit. He's still the capricious rabble-rouser with a heart of gold but he's a lot more grounded and the French stuff is more incidental so I doubt we'll ever see anything like pic related.

Attached: s15ts3jwo4z01.png (500x481, 315K)

That is a huge shame.

What? No, she was raped, that's why she kept the kid a secret and went into hiding.

>nd for all his power he just wanted very basic stuff; sex, drugs and public adulation
Yeah exactly, comic Homelander was just kind of a dumb asshole.
I appreciate that Show HL is ACTUALLY evil and a real threat.

>the fat hamster
Every fucking time. Also, did you ever expect this show to be a hit after the shitfest that was the Preacher show?

Attached: temple.jpg (1272x667, 361K)