Remember that time Iron Man solved the energy crisis and created a dyson sphere and nothing changed in the 616

Remember that time Iron Man solved the energy crisis and created a dyson sphere and nothing changed in the 616

Attached: ff36f4f2764c10008d4395c7dbb45fc9a08f031f_hq.jpg (600x750, 103K)

This is a stupid question but how are they breathing in space? And why is Blank Panther never really impressed by anything?

Really just a solar collector. Maybe Franklin and Reed didn't include it when they rebuilt 616.

I mean does a dyson sphere really change the life of a cashier when he has to deal with Karen trying to save 50 cents on a 6 pack of craft beer?

They’re aren’t actually in space he’s using VR holographic shit to show them the stain sphere he’s building, plus this was all time runs out shit

The electrical bill that both Karen and the cashier would have to pay would be nullified so that's one less bill.

Knowing Hickman it'll be used again.

Assuming Stark lets regular people use his free power. Pretty sure this was a solution to a specific energy related problem (Incursion related?).

Literally yes. He would now be living in a post scarcity society where things like money would cease to be necessary

Jesus Fuck stop scrutinizing this stuff so much. It’s superhero comics

>Marvel
>consistent worldbuilding
pick one

The most unbelievable thing about this is he got to it before Reed

right, because he never has any wasted characters or anything like that in his books

remember that Avengers team he put together with 30 members and then kept adding more and it took like four issues just to tell you who was on the fucking team in the first place

boy howdy does that guy know how to write a tight story mmm hmm never did see such a compact plot with no wasted time or pointless characters

Because he abandoned it once he didn’t have planets to destroy. Fuck using it for non-combat purposes, right?

But hey, good job Tony, on leaving the giant planet destroying space station, so that a bunch of mutie haters could take it over and use it to build giant space Sentinels.

nah it's still there, human supremacists recently took it over and are using it as a production facility to build a new master mold

It’s the Forge station in Powers of X. Orchid took it over.

see

Writers reference their stuff and use things nobody else would use all the time. I'm not a Hickman fanboy but I don't act like he molested me as a child. Now tell me where he touched you.

Oh don’t forget about the Ivory Kings, Black Priests, the Builders, and everyone’s favorite avenger Ex Nihilio!

I’m sure they will be used again for years to come! Why wouldn’t he make all these exciting new characters!

It's not like that was its purpose, its a fleet destroying superweapon. I'm actually really surprised that Sol's Hammer and Sol's Anvil aren't deconstructed or destroyed yet. They are literal superweapons, I don't even know why Reed even kept Sol's Anvil, it was made by a bunch of villains by doing messed up shit. Having those two weapons still be around is super dangerous and now we know that Tony and Reed don't even have them any more. The world is fucked

The Avengers team was big to cover up Tony's shit with the Illuminati. Now the team is super powerful and can handle threats so the Illuminati can handle their shit in peace

>Remember that time X groundbreaking technological development happened and nothing changed in the 616
man I hate reruns

Realistically the Marvel universe should be a sci-fi universe somewhere between 100 and 500 years in advance of our own tech level, but that wouldn't be "relateable" or "compelling" or whatever other $5 words get thrown around the table at the Marvel bullpen. Realistically it's because it would deviate too heavily from the branding.

Being realistic, Reed has some super OP device in every FF story. The other members of team would just casually trip on something and Reed would explain that they tripped on the cheese dimension teleporting machine

It was destroy repelling a Shi'ar invasion fleet.

if you think clearly you would see that Marvel want to keep 616 civil tech relatively close to our own
that why non of the tech heroes do shit

The Ultimate was kinda shaping up to be like that. It started off as an ultra realistic Marvel but I guess they realized that having a set status quo in such a dangerous and diverse universe wasn't realistic. The Ultimate Universe ended up losing half of Europe to the Maker. They really should have went harder with the idea that this universe has the freedom to change with the times, unlike the 616 universe. They should have shown the outcomes of big shit like alien invasions and stuff but the Maker thing with Europe is one of the only examples

I liked how power armor, super soldiers and more were becoming commonplace.

Where the fuck is he getting the resources for a Dyson Sphere?

Nigga is probably the third or fourth richest in universe

And that's considering the fact that Tony's lost several companies and built new ones from scratch every time.

a dyson sphere is a shell around a star. being rich is nice but "we need to disassemble all the planets in every solar system within thirty lightyears and ship their mass here because there literally isn't enough matter in our solar system to build this thing" isn't the kind of problem that gets solved because somebody just threw a bunch of money at it

Well he used it to destroy the big bad aliens right before he and Steve fought to death because HICKMAN.

Reed isn't interested in helping humanity, only satisfying his autism

used for killing muties

Attached: latestcb20140916202139[1].jpg (1200x1200, 183K)

The Ivory Kings were just the Beyonders, and they all died. The Builders were similarly wiped out. The Black Priests did their job and probably stopped existing. Ex Nihilo is dead.

It got destroyed.

the end of secret wars retcons the universe to before the dyson sphere was built.

My favorite way of putting it into perspective.

Attached: 1383886646653.jpg (1366x768, 270K)

Didn't Ironman and future ironman phase a rogue planet into the earth and use it as a power source?

We could do it with just Mercury's mass.

It was explicitly stated in that same scene that Tony 1) was having Shi'ar contractors build the sphere (and since the Shi'ar empire obviously has technology well beyond that of the Earth hero community it sort of makes sense that they wouldn't consider it incredibly prohibitive/expensive work as much as a pretty run-of-the-mill building project), and 2) never intended for it to be a full sphere (he stated that he only needed it at 2% completion for it to operate a full capacity).