Movie franchises with massive drops in quality?

Movie franchises with massive drops in quality?

Attached: 337DEAC8-553C-4865-8264-4DC460D427B4.jpg (220x326, 26K)

Toy Story

Ice age: a history about a killer that learns about honor and love thanks to some nice animals he was trying to eat
All the other ice ages: AHAHAHAHAHAHA MUH COMEDY FOR KIDS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA FUNNY SQUIRREL HAHAHHA BLAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHMORE CHARACTERS MEAN MOAR FUN

Httyd

Kung Fu Panda and Shrek. Actually, it seems par for the course for any animated franchise

Bait

All of them. Every franchise gets twelve sequels and three reboots now, so they all invariably continue until they reach suckitude.

Attached: Mike_Logan_-_Law_Order_-_Prescription_for_Death.jpg (350x315, 28K)

Attached: Timmy To the Rescue!.png (996x657, 567K)

Aren't this and Madagascar considered to be mostly enjoyable even after all the sequels?

Wait, the first one is actually good? I thought they were all meme tier movies and never bothered watching.

The first movie of any animated film series is often always the best. That's the one that's made without the idea of being marketed towards a hyper-specific demographic, and thus its creators work towards putting out an excellent product. That is to say, success is not assured the first time around.

"Shrek 2" is a bit of an outlier, and I know that the other "Kung Fu Panda" films are also considered good movies, but otherwise you do see the downhill pattern across animated film series. For additional examples, compare "Despicable Me" or "Madagascar" to its sequels, after the success of the initial releases pushed the series into hyper-specific demographics.

do not speak of that evil here

Attached: 1488701243933.jpg (922x1200, 147K)

Shrek 2 was pretty great tbf

I will acknowledge that sequels can sometimes be an outlier, like with Shrek. Also some peeps also consider Kung Fu Panda 2 to be better than the first (not me tho)

A lot of Don Bluth's movies got steadily worse sequels.

Attached: land before time.jpg (400x600, 46K)

One problem user, the first ice age isn't any good to begin with

I agree with kfp 2, it is pretty good, and sequels being just as good as the first are rare enough, but I just vastly prefer tai lung over shen

Shrek. First 2 are great,then it goes downhill.

>Tai Lung and Shen both had parental figures that failed them

those characters are so fucking ugly who the fuck would want to watch 5 movies with them

I'm kind of drawing a blank, where exactly did shen's parents mess up with him?
I know shifu pushed tai lung too far and didn't see what he was turning into. Was it just that shen's parents didn't see shen becoming so aggressive?

>a history

Attached: 18137-unesfj.jpg (650x315, 22K)

China

General neglect. More of an absence than anything ambivalent. Shen got the wrong idea from it. The seer tells him his parents loved him a great deal and he blows it off.

Bluth movies got worse because he was given way too much control on his later stages. He had a better staff working alongside him on movies like NIMH and the first American Tail to prevent his TF fetish from going out unchecked.

Okay, sure, it's like Alpha and Omega in that not even the original was all that good but the first one at least had a soundtrack by Paul Westerberg. What did the others have?

Attached: Open Season.jpg (560x840, 153K)

Attached: DM1805895_l.jpg (800x1186, 588K)

Which raises the question of what would have happened if the bad Bluth films had received sequels.

Would a second Troll in Central Park or Rock-a-Doodle movie have been better just because they saw the mistakes the first one made?

I'm gonna disagree with you on Madagascar, the first one ain't bad but I like it the least out of all of the movies in the franchise.

the other night I had a fever dream where they soft reeboted this by having littlefoot be old and die saving her granddaughter and sending her off on an adventure. I want it but i would probably cry like a bitch.

The first Ice Age isn't even that good

I would say that Anastasia disproves that but a lot people actually like that one for whatever reason.

The second one has Crispin Glover as a talking dog

>they all invariably continue well after they reach suckitude.
ftfy

Bluth wasn't involved in the sequels to Land Before Time, American Tale, or All Dogs Go To Heaven, which is what the other user was talking about.

I remember seeing Dennis Leary on some talk show years back and he referred to Ice Age 4 as Paycheck 4. Made me chuckle.

Attached: portrait.jpg (603x740, 100K)

Shrek has no bad movies

>3

The first Ice Age is one of the greatest movies of all time. It oozes with SOUL.

3 and 4 are complete garbage. Shrek 1 was awesome, Shrek 2 was just as awesome because of Puss 'n' Boots.

So you are saying that the first movie is good?

>rock-a-doodle
>bad
>2019
>still aping nostalgia critic

Fuck off hugo autist

It makes that one person seethe so I'd say the sequels are based

Dreamworks seem to have installation 2 be the better one for their flagship series.

Attached: Scratazon_talking_with_one_of_her_guards.png (1568x653, 1.61M)

The one that hit rock bottom was probably the Tinysaurus one.

If we're counting Toy Story 4 then he's right

Madagascar and Dragons have good sequels user, former even having better.

Dragon sequels are passable at best.

SEND ME ON MY WAY

The ranger was cute too.

>little minion shits steadily climbing up the scenery to take over the movie franchise
They knew

I forget what Betty Boop and the Fat Controller even did in this movie, generic villains?

Yes the first one is good
Third one is also good because dino pussy

Kung Fu Panda 2 is unironically one of the best CG animated movies of all time.
Shame that 3 was lame and disappointing.

Attached: 1539170348222.webm (1129x480, 2.55M)

Littlefoot is a boy

Many languages use the same words for "story" and "history".

back 2 africa is fucking garbage