Powers of X #2 spoilers

Powers of X #2 spoilers

X^0: Year One. Xavier and Moira travel to Island M in the Bermuda triangle to visit Magneto. Xavier telepathically shares Moira's past lives with him. Xavier has realized that in all of Moira's lives, the mutants always lose. He believes that if Magneto stands with him, the mutants can survive. As Magneto is not interested in merely surviving, Moira reveals her true agenda: she doesn't want survival either, she wants mutants to take their rightful place as the dominant species on Earth. Magneto agrees and joins them.

X^1: Year Ten. Mystique, Toad, and Sabretooth's stolen drive from Damage Control contains all the information on Mother Mold (a version of Master Mold that creates other Master Molds) and Orchis. Xavier and Magneto summon Cyclops to organize an assault on Orchis's orbital station: they believe this station is where NIMROD becomes operational. Cyclops assures them the assault will succeed by any means necessary.

X^2: Year One Hundred. Rasputin and Cardinal have returned to Asteriod K with a drive that contains all the information necessary to defeat the machines. "The Old Man" that Wolverine mentioned in issue 1 is revealed to be>! Apocalypse. Wolverine wonders how they will get in to destroy Nimrod, as it was Percival who allowed them to appear invisible to the machines. He declares it a suicide mission, but Apocalypse ensures them that under his leadership, they will return alive.!<

X^3: Year One Thousand. The Librarian has gone through all of Nimrod's information on the history of mutants. The Phalanx arrive to begin the Ascension.

The cipher at the end of the issue reads: ONCE MORE INTO THE BREACH (or something similar)

Attached: PoX.jpg (1202x1800, 2.81M)

I can dig it

I'm only in it to see the Machines slaughtering some Muties, desu.

Good to see I was right about the Old Man... pretty obvious tho!

Wait, so Magneto knew all along? Why was he such a cunt all these years then?

So depending on whatever happens in the present in any given issue the events in the future will change?

So Magneto is sill evil?

The future, or a future is set in stone. Hickman has teased that all the way since his Avengers run, apparently Ultron Prime will rule over Earth and even Asgard for a few thpusand years, but in the end a new race, part human, machine and mutant will defeat it and establish an utopia in the Solar System.

am i the only one half interested half ambivalent to the whole X stuff at the moment?

it's a weird feeling but it sounds like some cool stuff but i can't bring myself to do more than check the threads here.

I really, really dislike what he's done to Moira

Kinda. I like Hickman’s sci-fi autism, charts and the like, but hate Muties and the whole theme, so I just glance over the threads here.

that is the feeling. it's like there is a cool structure and some neat pieces but the core is real standard x men circular plotting. plus the knowledge that maybe one or two of the cool parts will last past the next writer.

>emma once again is censored to no longer have cleavage
dropped

Mistique really likes to go commando.

eat shit emmafags, into the garbage where she has always belonged

It's really a new character with the name of an old one. He should probably have just made her an OC.

Personally I just hate the Muties. It’s not about repetition, but about me hating the whole “core”. But yeah, it is more or less standard stuff. I wish he’d go ahead and write a solo. I loved his Shield, but this is just Cosmic X-Men with a Hickman coat. I’m more interested in the Machines, and he could’ve done that story in an Iron Man, Pym or whatever book.

Nobody gives a fuck about the X-Men anymore. Hickman and Marvel are just wasting time and money on titles that should be cancelled permanently.

And here is just part of the proof you need.

>As Magneto is not interested in merely surviving, Moira reveals her true agenda: she doesn't want survival either, she wants mutants to take their rightful place as the dominant species on Earth. Magneto agrees and joins them.
Magneto a mutant supremacist again?

>eat shit emmafags, into the garbage where she has always belonged
Yes.

So no Emma?

Oh my god shut the fuck up.

Guess you need more proof. Here:

Is Xavier there when Moira and Magneto talk about wanting Mutants to be the dominant species, or does that conversation happen while he's in another room or something?

>Xavier
I believe the idea is evil Mr. fantastic.

Honestly what the fuck is the point of this story?
It certainly isn't making the XMen look good.

After facing extinction multiple times, how are the X-Men not looking good for trying to fight back?

Yep. It only continues to justify human hate on mutants, as they can't do anything but to bring misery and destruction to everywhere and everything.

Because the X-Men continue to repeat the same mistake. They believe mutants are a different race from humans, but as Master Mold said once "Mutants are humans". So, their obssessive war only causes more and more disasters. They have no right to fight back, when it's obvious they should disappear.

I bet in 3 or 4 years, mutants will be a endangered species again.

The modern X-Men fan, unable to see any wrongdoing by mutants, and supporting a race war as long as you think you'll win.

It's an interesting and good story to read? That's kinda what makes something good

You have to be a sick fuck to have any strong opinions about Moira.

who cares about Professor X and Cyclops

Oh look, here's more proof that I'm right and you're a retard in denial:

Attached: 1547775636538[1].jpg (1008x1600, 515K)

They don’t think they are a different species. Even Moira said that mutants are humans. The problem is that mutants are actually the next step in evolution while still being classified under humanity. That’s Marvel canon. Yet mutants rarely take that initiative (of course I’m excluding Magneto, Brotherhood, Apocalypse) or train of thought but are still horribly oppressed just for being born with powers. You can only poke a bear so many times before it smacks the shit out of you and goes to safer grounds.

That isn’t what I said at all.

I don't need X-Men to look good. I just want X-Men comics to be good. So far Hickman delivers for me.

>Yet mutants rarely take that initiative (of course I’m excluding Magneto, Brotherhood, Apocalypse) or train of thought but are still horribly oppressed just for being born with powers.
For the first 20 years of X-Men, this was very rare. Almost as if years of terrorism by Magneto and the Brotherhood were how people learned what mutants were, and the reason why they're hated.

They are NOT any step of human evolution. The same could be said about the Inhumans, but they were actually regular humans used as guinea pigs by the Kree to be used as weapons and soldiers.

Mutants could actually live peacefully with humans if they use their powers for what they allow them to do. Storm's powers could allow her to make rain where there's a drought. Kitty Pride's powers could allow her to do surgery impossible for regular methods. And Wolverine's blood could be used to find a cure for cancer or any other disease. Instead of that, what does the X-Men do? Fight and cause destruction everywhere.

As Vision said once in a What If where it took control of the world to guide it, Mutants are the perfect candidates to help humanity to conquer the stars. And in that reality, Mutants finally found peace and lead the road for humanity to colonize Mars and several other places in space.

But what does the X-Men do instead? They keep causing wars and problems that put Earth, history, and even reality itself to the blink of destruction.

>Magneto knew about Genosha bedorehand

Mutants will not replace us.

u mean the maker

That is basically all the history of the X-Men. Magneto, Apocalypse and several others caused terrorists attacks, and the X-Men were supposed to stop them so they could be punished. And yet, the X-Men instead welcomed them to their ranks as if the innocent blood they took never existed.

Red Skull's S-Men are a good proof of it. Many of them were just regular people with normal lifes, until Magneto destroyed everything they had for "Mutant Supremacy". So, broken and ruined, these people literally sold their souls to the devil for the only thing they have left... Revenge. The turtle guy lived in a village that was massacred by Magneto. He wanted to make him pay for what he did, instead, Magneto killed him. Is that really justice?

Magneto knowing everything to happen over the next ten years (which is too short a timespan anyway but that's another bit I'm confused on) is even harder to swallow than Xavier knowing.

Xavier I can just about buy knowing everything but still trying the way he did, especially as modern versions of him increasingly lean on his duplicitous and manipulative nature. But Magneto would basically have to have been faking multiple massive attempts to kill everyone, up to and including that time he tried to fuck the Earth's magnetic axis. And I don't think he's the kind of guy who would humbly do as he was told to do in some bullshit 'it has to happen like x for y' thing, he's too arrogant and self-determined.

I at least appreciate that Hickman's portraying both humans and mutants as morally gray. It's much more than what other writers would do by just making humans "LOL MUTIES BAD WE'RE GENERIC STEREOTYPES LMAO"

He never really stopped, the X-Men were always just ambivalent when Magneto or Emma voiced their views.

>And I don't think he's the kind of guy who would humbly do as he was told to do in some bullshit 'it has to happen like x for y' thing, he's too arrogant and self-determined.

I think Hickman already covered that. The timeline at the end of HoX2 had Magneto recruited at year 43, and then there was a schism between all three at year 47.

So he went along with it for a while, then told them to fuck off. For the reasons you laid out, I imagine.

>Guys, it's perfectly fine that Magneto and Apocalypse has tried to commit genocide and that Sabertooth is a serial killer rapist, they're mutants so they always get a free pass for their actions.

Personally, what it calls my attention the most if Moira's mysterious 6th life. How about if the Tenth life is actually an alternative reality yet to happen, while the 6th life is actually the main timeline?

I mean, this would be basically the same as the plot of the Apocalypse Twins. I mean, Earth is destroyed, then we have time travel and the cataclysm is avoided. Maybe this will be the same all over.

just ship mutants off to another planet so neither race has to put up with the other's shit and subsequently cure humanity of the x gene lmao

Already tried that, but apparently, Mutants can't just leave Earth peacefully. Either they destroy it alongside all humanity, or they will stay because its "their proper place" to dominate.

How are you this bad at comprehending things?
I’m sure they’ve been discriminating against mutants before then. But yes, a lot of public opinion has been shaped by Magneto.

Attached: 248DE2FB-EF69-47E6-9DE4-4E209171AF40.jpg (744x1628, 1.58M)

>mutants have at least five reality-warping individuals
>robots still kick their shit in

Domo Arigato, Mister Roboto.

Can't have solutions that make sense, blame the mutants for having a big head and assuming it's their "right" to take over Earth. Kind of hard to argue being an apex predator if a bunch of human-built robots are almost always guaranteed to exterminate or suppress further mutant efforts to exert dominance.

Jesus, I used to love mutants back in the 90s, now I just desire to see their asses kicked inside out by something, anything, just to wipe the smugness off their faces.

There's another thing. Some mutations can really be usefull, like Wolverine's healing, Storm's weather control or Angel's flying abilities. But other mutations, they certainly are a curse; like No-Girl having no body, or the mutant kid who has eyes all over his body.

Those kids, which mutations are really a curse, should be free to have an alternative of being freed of the mutations. Instead, the X-Men force them to live trapped in nightmares they don't want to live.

If they didn’t live under the X-Men and weren’t human-passing, they would be killed.

I mean, several times were created a "cure" for the X-Gene, which removed mutations and leave mutants as regular humans. If this chance is offered to these kids, who are the X-Men to negate them?

When did he stop being a mutant supremacist?

Hopefully something happens in Year 1000 soon. It's just been a whole lot of nothing

Though, they are usually not cures as much as suppressants that don’t get rid of the X-Gene but stops it from activating in children. I could be wrong, but I don’t remember a 616 mutant cure that gets rid of powers.

Also, the government would immediately weaponize the cure.

Yeah, I can smell time travel, or humans recovering the planet.

Maybe, but there's still kids who would want to take the cure freely and get rid of something that haunts them.

>Moira's final chance to make things right
>Breaks all the rules
>It still takes centuries and alien intervention to make mutants dominant
Sentinels too stronk

Wait, aren't supposed to mean the 1000 years' world that humanity and subspecies (meaning mutants, inhumans and any others) have been exterminated and machines truly rule Earth now?

Wasn't No-Girl a brain in a jar because Sublime did that to her rather than a result of her mutation?

> Literally bearing pitchforks like it's fucking Frankenstein.

Marvel grow the fuck up and drop this dated ass shit. Jesus no one people think the X-Men are outdated.

Attached: ruby disgusted.png (645x624, 266K)

B-But how else can we demonstrate racial oppression without muh pitchforks and torches.

Hard passing that into non-canon.

Huh, funny, last time I said sentinel's are basically humanity's phalanx and now I read the phalanx will appear on the comic.

Seems like we are trying a new soft reboot for schism era.

Instead of bendis' relatable x-men we are going for a sort of logical conclusion to the morrison-messiah trilogy setting - faced with near extinction, x-men go all out on paramilitary secessionist. Doubt Hickman is going to do any real meta-changing twist , if he succeeds we may have morally ambiguous on-the-offense x-men for a decade

>logical conclusion to the morrison-messiah trilogy setting - faced with near extinction
I'd like to add this is more or less the conclusion most writers/readers draw when reading the x-men from a non-analogy, pure sci-fi point of view. Mutants get treated like for being walking nukes so they begin to behave like the walking nukes people expect them to be

No surprise Hickman went this route.

Do you.....know what happened in Charleston or?

I'm pretty sure that people don't burn down minorities all the time

Would not be surprised. There's no other reason it could be redacted than to be used as a last minute twist at the end of the run.

That's no excuse for showcasing such extremes EVERY. DAMN. TIME.

It's mentioned in the Moira 10 timeline they have a falling out, my guess it's X-Men #1 1991 when Magneto found out Moira had reconditioned his personality and went back to being a baddie.

so how did past xmen events progress? with moira fucking about, this means that everyone is different. a more radicalized professor x means a more radicalized xmen etc...

Don't be that way, shill

You are not alone. All the usual mumbo jumbo of Hickman didn't attract me anymore.

No, the universe we've been reading for the last 60 years is Moira's 10th life.

We don't know if Moira helped Charles during an event like AVX which also happened in another life because we don't know what she's up to I the current day.

It's dog shit and just feels like Hickman jerking himself off while essentially making Moira into a completely new character who just happens to share the same name as the old one. Of fucking course he had to do his ~SHADOW SECRET HISTORY~ bullshit and oh look with the Phalanx here comes the cosmic shit too. All that's left is for him to find a way for Doom to somehow triumph through all of this; maybe Moira puts on his armor.

You're right, that is what makes something good. This isn't that something though.

What if it turns out after Moira died for the final time she is reincarnated as Victor Von Doom?

>The future, or a future is set in stone

Until other writers just ignore it and make their own future timeline.

That's because Hickman's "story" is 90% just pure exposition.

>Honestly what the fuck is the point of this story?

Get idiots hyped up and buy X-men again. And sadly it's working. The only positive thing about this will be if the new changes stick and are actually okay once properly explored and expanded.

Moira was never a good character anyway. If anything at least this makes her somewhat interesting.

And what do humans do, except build genocide robots to wipe out mutants?

>If anything at least this makes her somewhat interesting.

Except it doesn't, because now she's just a walking plot device.

That means giving the government a weapon that they will use to commit biological warfare?

And that's still better than what she was before desu.

Tbh yeah, I'm kind of sensing an evolutionary war being seeded so far, considering that humans evolve through the technological singularity to keep up with the mutants

>I'm a living weapon!
>I'm a walking curse, I'm a danger to everyone!
>MY EYES! MY CURSED, ENERGY BLASTING MUTANT EY-
>what do you mean you want me to register?! FUCKING BIGOTS!
Are... Are all Muties legitimately retarded?

Attached: 1552568578362.gif (307x173, 1.76M)

>And that's still better than what she was before desu.

Yeah, no. Moira at least had some characterization and things going for her as a supporting character before getting killed.

Is Thor Girl still canon? Cause I feel like none of the Marvel futures ever show humanity ascended like we should.

So, I take it this book(s) are worth picking up? I see issue 2 of House of X is already reselling for double the price because of speculation bullshit.

LMAO

Attached: D005A5CE-C9BA-4FE3-8235-175C41F221C6.png (1125x2114, 1.15M)

based Byrne

Turning Chief into an evil guy was actually more interesting for Doom Patrol though.

got to agree with Byrne on Xavier being a scumbag. He could always be a jerk in earlier books, but now he's just about a villain

One of the bigger gripes I have with X-men is that every time somebody decides to do something with Xavier post-Deadly Genesis, they have to turn him into a bigger dick. And when someone tries to try and redeem him, they kill him off.

If you want Chuck to do questionable things, that's one thing. You could build on that and make him more nuanced as an ongoing direction. But years of these asspull "he hid this horrible thing for years" retcons are stupid.

I think openly treating Xavier as a scumbag is a good change. Cause the alternative is unimaginable gross incompetence and hypocrisy.

Ultimately though the problem is that Marvel never fucking let Xavier succeed in anything. A hero that fails at his mission in life and gets a bunch of people, mostly children, killed while doing it isn't a fucking hero. He's a false prophet.

If Dr. King led a blacks only school that mostly just got kids killed and civil rights had only moved backwards since he established it, we'd be looking to vilify him too.

Attached: Dls76EJWsAACuT-.jpg (1080x1080, 181K)

To be fair, not every awful thing Xavier did was a retcon. He tried to mindfuck a man that treated him like a father long enough for Hawkeye to put an arrow in the back of his neck for crimes he "might commit" because "he couldn't be trusted with his powers".

Hard to rehab your reputation after that horseshit.

What about treating that same man as a child soldier because he was already damaged as it was as a kid anyway?

>To be fair, not every awful thing Xavier did was a retcon.

But most of them in the past couple of decades have been pure retcons. Vulcan, all the Bendis bullshit, Danger...

Xavier has been villain material since he tried to mindfuck his girlfriend into staying with him. That they did most of the change through retcons doesn't make much difference, it was still a drawn out and persistent change.

Fuck's sake, Onslaught was way back in 96. We've known deep down Xavier is fucked up for years.

Attached: Onslaught_(Psychic_Entity)_(Earth-616)_by_Granov.jpg (500x682, 230K)

>Xavier has been villain material since he tried to mindfuck his girlfriend into staying with him

But that was shown as Xavier's weak moment in his youth through an extensive flashback in developing him as a character, and he was supposed to have gotten better as a person after that, because he realized it was wrong.

>Fuck's sake, Onslaught was way back in 96.

Onslaught was meant to be Xavier who was corrupted from within, partly because parts of Magneto's psyche was trapped inside his head after the mind wipe in Fatal Attractions.

There isn't an issue with Xavier doing bad stuff, the issue is the long trend of just retconning horrible things that are meant to make him look bad and make the X-men mistrust him. There's never even an attempt to make it part of his character growth/degeneration, it's just a cheap way to drum up drama and make someone else lead the X-men in his stead.

At least Xavier has been luckier than Beast, whose character development since Dark Reign has been to make him a traitorous coward.

Attached: Beast08.jpg (2048x1536, 736K)

That "Magneto's psyche" shit on Onslaught was always an asspull retcon by shit scared editorial. Blame it on Magneto. It was not the original intent of the Onslaught storyline as planned, which was a hell of a lot scarier and foreboding early on and in the big reveal than what came after. Dovetailing it with the dangling X-Traitor subplot was genius.

Mark Waid wrote a ton of that stuff, then quit during bc of all the interference from editorial. He never got a fair shake on the books.

What are the chances HoX and PoX are taking place in a separate universe than 616 Marvel?
Moira's 6th life could be 616?

literally none

Here's a question that's been bugging me about the Sentinels/machine dominance: What happened to magic? Where's the Sorcerer Supreme? I mean, IIRC, DoFP showed Strange as one of the killed heroes so shouldn't that fucked over the machines hard because without the Sorcerer Supreme, something horrible should just take Earth like it was nothing.

Marvel futures never make any sense if you stop and think about them for too long. They almost always assume that one bad guy associated with the book said bad future is associated with wins and just takes over everything, ignoring all of the obstacles that they should have to deal with.

I think MC2 is the only legitimate good future for Marvel. No mutant war, no machine takeover, no alien dominance....

What was he supposed to be originally? The same happened with Xorn. I didn't like the twist too much, but seeingagnet go full genocidal maniac on meth, literally like Hitler was pretty interesting and I wish it was explored more. I guess Marvel was scared of losing him for good as a character even if he came back to life somehow due to him and his followers literally marching flatscans into ovens.

Hickman's does, but onlt agter 7000 or so years of machine tyrann, implied genocides and all sorts of unpleasant shit.

No-Girl's brain was ripped from her body by Sublime and the U-Men.

Originally Onslaught was just Charles having lost his mind, or an externalization of his darker thoughts, his baser self. That was what was so fucking scary about it back in the day. The creeping realization that it was him, and that he was in control of the entire X-Men infrastructure, watching him flip out and fuck with Cyclops and Cannonball's (the rookie at the time) heads, the whole kinky reveal that he had lusted after Jean... it was so freaky. And then finally showing us the final X-Traitor tape and that it was him was just perfect.

I liked Planet X because it was Morrison unraveling the old revolutionary. It was brutal to Magneto and I get why people were mad, but it had a thematic purpose. And Morrison built in a way to blame it all on Sublime in his final story. That should've been the end of it and the exit ramp and AFAIC it was still Magneto, not an imposter. It was his most cunning plan in years. I lost my shit when I read the final page where Xorn took off the helmet. There has not been a better X-reveal since, until Moira.

I know it's the road to madness to make sense of future Marvel but I can't help but think the moment Strange dies, Dormammu isn't fucking murdering Nimrod or Ultron. I mean, Reed Richards probably has a toaster that kill any Sentinel.

>Ultron
Speaking of Ultron and Marvel futures not making any sense if you think about them, it makes no sense that Ultron doesn't take over in any of the Sentinel-dominated futures.

Is Hank Pym still Ultron?

Hell, where is Stark and his "NANOMACHINES, SON" Extremis in that Machine-Man Alliance Future? Where is Pym? X-51, Jocasta, etc.
Pym's Soul is in the Soul Gem. Pymtron is technically Ultron wearing Pym's skin.

Hickman's Avengers traveled 5000 and 7000 years into the future. Ultron Prime and later the Ultron Singularity are said to have swallowed everything for most of that time. I think it could be consistent with what he's setting up.

Good point. In fact, why hasn't Magneto tried to fuck up Ultron? You'd think they would be natural foes.

It would derail the story too much if you had to address every single bad guy and why they weren't involved. You just have to assume whomever took over killed off everyone else.

Storytime this, please!

>Pym's Soul is in the Soul Gem
Pym's Soul WAS in the soul gem. It got eaten, wiping him from existence.

He's turbo dead. The moral of the story is don't be a wife beater.

>his roboson is wearing his skin
>his daughter took his ex wife's name
>said ex wife is fucking the smug scumbag supreme
Damn, Pym's whole thing is suffering, but Jesus...

Hickman's 616 future has been consistent up to this point (since before Avengers -- we see the same futures in SHIELD and Fantastic Four too), but each of Moira's lives will obviously lead to a different future, so there's leeway now.

I think X^2 (and X^3) are Moira's ninth life, and so are not part of the 616. In her ninth life we see her and Apocalypse fighting a war without end against Nimrod and the Tri-Sentinels, whose designs match that of X^2. Apocalypse's enhancements made Moira IX extremely long-lived, which is why that timeline didn't end in the chart, and she's likely the eighth and final inhabitant of Asteroid K.

Yes.