Is Superman: Year One any good or is Frank Miller past it?

Is Superman: Year One any good or is Frank Miller past it?

Attached: Color_spread.jpg (1890x801, 1.51M)

It's aggressively average. Worse than Last Crusade, better than virtually everything else he's written from 2000 onwards, still really not worth your time.

I liked it, its still not my favorite take on Clark but he did redeem himself some what in my eyes. I just want to see what a modern superboy and the legion would look like, and not bendis

it’s better than Morrison’s Supershit origin already

Riiight ;)

I choose left

Lol.

Its a decent life and times of Clark Kent, but it is by no means a Year One story.

It's good. If you're looking for something new and different then don't bother. Otherwise it's an enjoyable retelling. Probably the most direct confirmation that Lana punched Clark's v-card.

left is before they add in colors and lighting though.

I like the first one. Who did the color spread?

I think it’s genuinely great. The art is also good. Wonderful colouring.

>If you're looking for something new and different then don't bother
Basically this. If you're one of those
>NOT MUH SUPERMAN
faggots then don't even bother. If you're able to evaluate a story on its own merits, by all means read it.

Alex Sinclair
The left is just identifying the colors, He added in lighting and effects on the right which is the final image.

is it wrong if I think the left one on its own looks the best?

i agree with ya, love flat colours

yeah I love the way clark pops against that night sky. it's almost surreal, like a dream. which it should feel like, because it's a man flying.

I think the finished colors of this book are spectacular, but oh man that first version.

is the book out in collected trades yet?

I wouldn’t call it a definitive run, nor recommend it to somebody who wants to get into the Superman character.

However, it’s decent enough. It’s been done before and better in certain ways, but it’s also enjoyable enough on its own. I’d say give it a read if you can.

nah, issue 1 is out now, and issue 2 is out on the 21st

thanks user!
I'm waiting to read it all in one

I can appreciate that

I liked the part where baby Superman mind-raped the Kents into raising him as their own baby to increase his chance of survival.

Okay cool someone else read it like that,

There was another way?

Wait, this isn't Yea Forums or Yea Forums.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2517x801, 709K)

I was told it’s a creative way to say “his parental instincts kicked in”

Fifty fifty

I wonder how mad Yea Forums would've been if they leave all the R-rated material in as it was planned before the Batdickgate.

It's amazing how much better Romita's art looks with simple flat colors. It's like the editors aren't even bothering to think a little bit about how to make the book as good as possible.

not at all. i think there's a whole generation of guys whose art benefits from flatter coloring (Romita, Lee Weeks, those guys).

it's great

Someone just add a sneed text bubble to the bottom right panel.