Many people on Twitter are now saying seasons 4-5 of Spongebob were actually good...

>Many people on Twitter are now saying seasons 4-5 of Spongebob were actually good, some even saying they're better than season 1

What do you think of this?

Attached: 1562208381512.png (462x682, 481K)

it's hysteria i'm telling you
Season 1-3 are the most popular in YTPs and I have seen pretty much every episode of Seasons 1-3 in YTPs as of 2019
meanwhile I still haven't seen at least more than 1 episode of every Season from 4 onwards in a YTP to this day, especially from 7 onwards

>Many people on Twitter
Their opinion is discarded
I bless you for not making the OP image a twitter post

why would i care about what some people are saying on twitter

season 4 had good episodes that could belong in the first 3 seasons so i agree with that. but season 5 sucked, still sucks, and will forever suck.

>Twitter

>People are recognizing the truth.
Good to hear.

I've started to notice some s4-5 memes cropping up in the past few years. 1-3 are still dominant though, but it's different from like 2012 where 1-3 were pretty much the only seasons ever referenced.

This

Season 4 had a few good episodes, mostly at the beginning, but most of it was pretty bad and had corny stale Nick Jr-esque humor and the pace moving too fast.

there's some Season 6 memes too IIRC

Can you name them? I don't remember a single post season 3 episode.

actual Nick Jr. show humor is even worse
they slow down the dialogue of the joke for the sake of toddlers understanding it.

where's the full list somebody made of good post-movie spongebob eps?

I like them better than most of the current episodes I've seen. A lot of them are far too much manic for me.

These are the ones that aren't so bad, though you can already tell it's tonally a different show from s1-3.

Fear of a krabby patty
Shell of a man
Krabs vs plankton
Lost mattress
Krusty towers
Selling out
MM&BB VII
Have you seen this snail

i downloaded and recently watched s 1-5
i deleted s 4-5 after

There's even season 7 memes (Who let you on this planet) and season 9 memes (Spongebob dancing like a chicken). Even though post-movie still isn't as popular, it's still a change from a few years ago when there were pretty much no post-movie memes at all.

What episodes made you want to delete 4-5 in particular?

In teh current Spongebob fanbase the consensus among younger fans is that season 1 is bland/boring and that even season 4 is better. This honestly blows my mind.

bump

>taking the opinions of strangers on twitter seriously
anyway, I always thought 4-5 weren't that bad. nowhere near as funny or charming as season one, but if there's nothing else on, it wouldn't hurt to sit through an episode or two

Seasons 1-3 are gold
4 is okay
5 has 1 good episode

Those season to me have more golds then bads. Season 1 is still better but not by much. Still season 4 has probably my favorite episode in the series. "Dunce and Dragons".Just because of the song sang by Squidward in Serbian dub. "O čujme kralju, o čujme sad, ja pevam jer ti si najveći gad!" Pure gold.

Fuck off timbox

So brave

I actually thought season 4 was pretty good, but I don't consider it a classic. Season 5, really don't remember, wouldn't consider it one of the best seasons though.

Season 4 of Spongebob is actually good. I've been saying that for years. The show didn't instantly became shit you know.

>tonally
What the fuck
It wss a comedy and remained a comedy

you can put text on anything

This is false

I don't care what you saw on twitter 99% of spongebob fans agree seasons 1-3 are the only good seasons. Who the fuck cares what 10-13 years think about anything?

Attached: 1565272611152.jpg (310x283, 15K)

Dude season 3 started showing decay by the end. The house party and the sponge who could fly are genuinely fucking awful episodes.

>The house party and the sponge who could fly are genuinely fucking awful episodes.

This.
It is very interesting to rewatch and see it for yourself.
Even back in the day I felt like season 4, since it first aired had a different "style", my way of saying it was shit as a "middle schooler".
Season 3 is mostly fantastic, but it has shades of the upcoming seasons in it.

Attached: xx.gif (500x375, 782K)

Season 4 was great, season 5 is where it really started to go downhill. Even then, I've enjoyed episodes from every season.
That being said, the newest iteration with the new artstyle is hard to watch, it's like a completely different show.

>conjecture

I'm guessing seasons 4-6 is where people argue decline. Do you all agree season 7 is the point of no return?

I don't remember anything about Sponge Who Could Fly, but I thought House Party was great
>SB's interaction with the store clerk
>SB cutting Squid's cable
>SB reading everyone the newspaper comics

My favorite Patchy segment, too.

Idk man, season 6 is pretty bad.
It is important to judge individual episodes rather than generalize whole seasons though. For example, "The Abrasive Side" is from season 7 while "My Pretty Seahorse" is season 3.

Is Season 2 of Spongebob the single greatest season of any cartoon ever
It's almost nothing but uninterrupted slam dunks

Metaphorically speaking, to me it’s like the first 3 seasons of spongebob were flying high, but then as soon as season 4 started it nosedived into a giant shit filled cesspit, sometimes bottoming out, sometimes gasping for air as the years go by but never ever flying as high as it did at the beginning. Season 4-5 can be imagined in this scenario as being during the initial dive down through the air from up on high, right before the inevitable collision with the shitpit. Those seasons may have been better than what came after, yes, but were unmistakably part of an incredibly fast decline in quality after the third season, resulting in them being mediocre at best. Anything more is just a result of nostalgia; after all they aired immediately after the first 3 seasons, so it’s only natural that it would get a bit confusing eventually as perceptions change