New Mutants

WTF happened? I’m starting to think this shit is lost media at this point

Attached: 698DEC3D-5594-428D-96CD-8F2F1D0C7092.jpg (736x736, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2019/film/features/fox-disney-earnings-dark-phoenix-stuber-racing-in-the-rain-1203300260/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Disney lost money releasing Dark Pheonix.

Why would they want to release this when it will just lose them money?

I just want to see it. I want to know.

Wouldn’t be suprised if they dumped on Hulu silently next year desu

Marvel releases this and whether it fails or succeeds, they can't release another New Mutants movie since it's not MCU. If they dump it, they can potentially make their own New Mutants movies in a few years and have a whole multi-picture franchise that they otherwise wouldn't. If I was them I would be making plans to use every X franchise they can in the MCU, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, NYX, District X, X-Statix, Exiles, Hellfire Club, Morlocks, Brotherhood of Mutants, etc.

Just watch the trailer. It's not diverse enough for Disney standards

I'm glad it's dead.

This could fuck Inferno maybe, Banderas was playing Belasco in the postcredits

I remember years ago that apparently the original movie was a big fucking mess so Fox asked for heavy reshoots which made the movie even more shit
I'm betting that now if it ever comes out it'll be on streaming

Haven't you read the Variety article? The whole thing was a disgrace, they already assumed a millionaire write off from Dark Phoenix and it's likely they'll do it again with New Mutants.
variety.com/2019/film/features/fox-disney-earnings-dark-phoenix-stuber-racing-in-the-rain-1203300260/

>Finished films looking for studio support are struggling, insiders say. Disney largely ignored “Dark Phoenix” after it acquired 20th Century in March, according to sources. The marketing team familiar with the film was laid off, and Disney did not spend as aggressively to promote the release. One insider says that the film’s lone premiere in Los Angeles was done with an eye to controlling cost — a bit of economizing that annoyed the film’s creative team. Other filmmakers seeking reshoots for their projects have been asked to submit rigorous storyboards to justify the additional expenses, another knowledgeable insider says.

>Disney is optimistic that handing Fox superhero properties such as “Fantastic Four” and “X-Men” to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige will improve the quality of these movies, but bumps must be smoothed over in that transition. The studio is unimpressed with “New Mutants,” an “X-Men” spinoff with a haunted-house vibe, and believes it has limited box office potential.

It'll end up on hulu or disney plus at this point

>If I was them I would be making plans to use every X franchise they can in the MCU, New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, NYX, District X, X-Statix, Exiles, Hellfire Club, Morlocks, Brotherhood of Mutants, etc.

then there would be X-Men fatigue

>look we made a quirky horror comic book movie based on the NEW MUTANTS

no thanks

Attached: oof.gif (480x480, 2.49M)

cool it down man, one step at a time, first Uncanny X Men trilogy, then do shit like X Factor, Excalibur and New Mutants and some of these properties should go to Disney+

They actually believe Disney are going to stop making any other Marvel movies and the MCU will just be X-Men all the time. They don't know that the MCU is more successful and popular than the X-Men.

Most of that will go to Disney+ > X-Factor, Excalibur, New Mutants, Starjammers, Alpha Flight, I think they'll domovies with X Men, Ka-Zar and maybe X Force or Deadpool

>lost media at this point
Too many white people in starring roles

I know, it's pure delusion, specially after the latest flops. I'm sure it will be mostly TV series until they're ready to make the jump, and that way they can see if these characters can hold on their own.

Like they did with Spider Man? Get ready for the Wolverine Cinematic Universe from 2021 ....

Attached: A10.jpg (472x563, 115K)

Well thankfully it's not shared rights, that would've been awful. Loose "kinda canon but not really" X-Men would've been brand dilution at its worst, with several random movies barely connected just to reuse IP.

I don't really know about this stuff but, isn't it already finished?
How much more money could they lose?

The problem is obviously that they have a red head that wasn't turned black.

Attached: PreciousCarrotcake.png (740x305, 607K)

They should dump it into youtube and put a shitload of ads, guess that would make more money than Dark Phoenix.

I'd watch it just for Anya Taylor-Joy...

well

The sunk costs of the movie's production were taken on in the cost of buying FOX so, Disney has already paid for it (and Dark Phoenix).

Dark Phoenix is still on release. It's made a horrific $246m *worldwide* over the past ten weeks or so - and in the last 3 weeks, made just $250,000 domestically (to be fair, that's in a maximum of 145 screens and in just 80 screens last week, so where it's still on it's still making some money, but it started in 3700 screens). Internationally it's pretty much done; all the major markets are about closed the way the domestic market is. So its final tally is going to be maybe if we're generous $250m worldwide. Less 50% distribution (because that's how it goes), less production costs ($350m+marketing) and it's probably looking at an overall loss of somewhere around $300m.

This was predictable. The costs of sequels almost always go up, and with large ensemble casts like the X-Men movies this has actually happened before (X3 seriously underperformed for the amount they spent on it). But the decisions to make this movie were made without Disney's input, and technically FOX is still an independent studio within the Disney group of companies, with independent assets and financial concerns.

What that means is New Mutants is part of the same series as Dark Phoenix. There's no MCU money to bail it out, Iron Man to Incredible Hulk style. It only gets what the series brings in and, since the money from the previous X-Men movies is already spent, New Mutants is up shit creek. There's nothing left to even market it with. The studio's not bankrupt but it's a heavy loss, and they can't afford another heavy loss (which on general release New Mutants might become) so they're weighing what's best for it. Safe bet is direct to stream, but we'll see.

One thing it does mean is that unless New Mutants sets the world on fire, there's no MCU mutants any time this coming decade. They're box office poison now, even JLaw couldn't save it.

Well if you happen to pay five hundred million dollars for your ticket I suppose it will all have been worth it.

>youtube
>making money for creators

oh wow

until i saw this pic i wasnt sold on maisie
not bad

how? Isn't it already done? Just shove it on netflix or whatever and try to make something back at least

I love that artist

Disney+ does allow for more exploration of the material

disney+ can explore my urethra bitch