Yikes!

Yikes!

Attached: 1541142264532.png (661x421, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/awards/steven-universe-becomes-first-animated-show-to-win-glaad-kids-family-award-171959.html
vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am not convinced it matters.

>twitter screencap I'm supposed to be mad about
Kill yourself

Good for them, they actually tried with their representation unlike Korra

They are a race of ALL-Females, who else are they gonna get with?

That's good to hear

...but they don't have genders.

I thought that was the whole point?!

This is months old and they've since won a peabody too.

This.

Twitter should be a bannable offense.

>hasn't seen the show
The literal premise of the entire goddamn series is that Steven is the half-alien son of Rose Quartz and Greg Universe.

Steven Universe is for fags.

Meh, all these award shows are just excuses for retarded rich white people to jerk their microdicks, who the fuck cares (aside from aforementioned retarded rich white people)?
Fuck off and take your Twitter posts back to /pol/ or something.

Dilate

That's unfair. Korra did everything awful all the way around. I don't think Korra should be brought up, ever. I say we let it die. Alone. In the gutter.

Cry more, incel

This, Korra was a fucking fraud with no actual signs at all.

They're female in the same way Optimus prime is male, if that makes any sense.

A Peabody? Cool.

Do straight people even watch Steven Universe.

Nope.

it's also only the second piece of animation to ever receive a peabody award for that same reason mixed with the shows message of improving emotional and mental health.
it has an international audience so statistically duh.

Attached: 1558659761865.jpg (400x400, 83K)

I don't care for award shows, but Steven Universe is at least blatant about the LGBT themes and doesn't tiptoe around it like Korra.

What was the first?

This, if this were Yea Forums the mods would ban OP's faggot ass. SJW twitter bullshit and subsequent whining about it doesn't belong here

At least it went to a good show.

south park

Attached: 1489193311202.jpg (868x857, 47K)

The main two couples in the show (Steve/Connie and Greg/Rose) are heterosexual so yeah they do.

HeteROSEsexual for the latter in this case

That’s some weird ass duality. I love it.

So they should all fuck Greg?

The new hotness is Rocko and The Loud House

Attached: Old-macro.jpg (288x290, 9K)

Well, they don't call him Greg 'Murdercock' Universe for nothing!

Attached: 1531091198916.jpg (608x381, 63K)

>The madlads actually did it
Man, what an episode Reunited was.

I just checked and this didn't even happen, OP why would you fake this?

It does because they always use he and Optimus doesnt care enough to say anything

The Loud House sucks fat dong and Rocko is a propped up corpse

Optimus is not shapeshifting creature so still invalid.

Attached: faggot 5.jpg (1360x1136, 334K)

Yes

Shapeshifting is just a skill most gems pre-Era 2 have. They're stuck in a base form otherwise.

>Rocko's Modern Life has a trans character before SU does
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1553547571118.png (1085x921, 912K)

Attached: 931[1].png (1280x738, 602K)

Do sõycels count as 'straight?'

Attached: w.png (644x800, 15K)

>Rocko's Modern Life discussion is forever destroyed on Yea Forums because of political conflict.

Was it worth it?

Pink Diamond already did the running away from abusive family, changing form/name and living a new life thing. Granted Rocko did it straight up so credit where credit is due.

>dad said he had no son, I showed him

Technically Steven is a trans allegory

I give Rocko props for Ed having a realistic reaction to it without demonizing him

Attached: 5 hours.png (750x504, 229K)

they should have made pic related canon

Attached: ruby tranny.png (1280x5598, 2.29M)

No they didn't. There isn't a single gay character in SU because they were too chickenshit to put real fags on CN. Don't be fooled just because Korra set the bar so phenomenally low.

I watched the first few episodes and only watched the first season to finish the season.
Not watching anymore.
poil cute

>Half-alien
>His mom literally disappeared upon his birth with the only part of her body that wasn't a physical projection being grafted onto him that he is fundamentally incapable of living without

Steven is the transvestite persona of Rose who was a persona of Pink that deals with being dead-named a bunch with the whole conclusion being that the information in the gem that constituted her identity is truly and utterly gone now so that unlike a real transvestite which is just a mentally ill person playing pretend, She has actually transitioned completely.

Attached: maxresdefault(3).jpg (1280x720, 86K)

You know that's the only time he's ever worn a dress right. He only did it because he felt bad for pushing his friend into performing when she didn't want to.

Honestly Loud House deserves it more.

Gems are solid-matter projections from rocks with no sex organs, but they appear female, sound female, and use female pronouns, so technically that would make them sexless except with Greg but female gendered.

It didnn't even happen, OPs lying

user, I...

cartoonbrew.com/awards/steven-universe-becomes-first-animated-show-to-win-glaad-kids-family-award-171959.html

Seriously this. TLoK ending was a complete ass-pull.

This comic is hilarious.

>There isn't a single gay character in SU because they were too chickenshit to put real fags on CN.
Yeah, there is the technicality of them not *really* being women, but for all intents and purposes they are. Same as how the Asari from Mass Effect aren’t technically women either, but in both cases it doesn’t really matter because they are seen by the audience as female. Would you say that Transformers or Namekians (piccolo’s race from DBZ) aren’t really men because they are also one gender races?

Change Your Mind debunks your entire argument here.

IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN, IF YOU DON'T RAGE I'LL POST IT AGAIN

>irrelevant show wins irrelevant award
>OP posts equally if not more irrelevant thread

where is reggie's award?

Attached: TRANS KIDS REEEEE twelve forever reggie.jpg (1745x1147, 618K)

>Irrelevant show
>Multiple threads per day on Yea Forums
>Among the highest rated shows on CN even after it started dying across the board
>Upcoming TV movie
>New season(s) in production
>Constant stream of new merch

There are many words to describe Steven Universe but I don't think "irrelevant" is one of them.

What kind of cult do you need to grow up in to think Adventure Time, or any of its successors, were ever any good? Asking out of genuine curiosity, verging on genuine fear.

Well, I'm an atheist social democrat if that helps.

>social democrat
If it was a mosquito, I'd have Malaria right now...

>irrelevant
>best selling sound track with vinyl and a part 2
>fills cons rooms entirely on it's own even half way across the world, enough to spawn it's own independent con
>enough merch to fill a shelf on it's own not even including the fan merchandise and handmade goods
>causes people to go into whatever the fuck this is daily on Yea Forums
>yearly hits top 3 most watched shows on cn since the start of the series
>tv movie and continued production on future seasons to the point we may get 9 seasons in total
>with 12 awards under it's belt one of them being an emmy
whatever you need to tell yourself user, i'm worried about your reality denial though.

Attached: 1522127992171.gif (540x600, 1.36M)

Can't believe I forgot about the soundtrack and the SDCC ballroom stuff . Good catch user

Although for complete transparency's sake, the emmy was for a background painter on Jungle Moon. Still good, just not show-wide good.

>Ruby wearing the dress
Dose this imply Ruby is a sub?

Reminder everyone

Attached: 11EB976F-0925-41B5-AADF-7DD514C10AEE.jpg (2343x3757, 1.49M)

No Rebecca was pissed that Germany made her a straight dude rather than a lesbian so she had to mess with the German censorship board.

Attached: 550.jpg (446x350, 28K)

that just gets the episode dropped or the show cancelled

censorship board doesn't care

I know that and you know that but Rebecca is pretty crazy.

Gems are non-gendered

She was crazy enough to stand her ground when CN told her "no wedding" even though it was planned from the start. Change Your Mind (the song) is partially based on that period of time when she was working on the song.

That excuse is BS
They
>look like women
>act like women
>sound like women

Don't give me that word salad again.

*on the arc

An art award from a political organization is less than worthless.

Aren't you glaad they got the award?

Based pun user

The fun thing about the show is how Jasper is voiced in my country's (Dutch) dub. Before I heard the original VA, Jasper was voiced by a dude - which made me think she was a dude.

But then I heard the original VA, and it was female-ish. It really confused about what the fuck Jasper was, as the others where based on females.

It's like the difference between the VA of Kevin of EEnE - In English, it's clearly a female voicing him, but in Dutch Kevin's voiced by a dude. And those voices sound extremely different from each other.

Makes you think.

Attached: 1540462202326.jpg (675x873, 89K)

/sug/ has confirmed this true and straight

American conversation in a nutshell.

Steven Universe is for satanists

See

>There isn't a single gay character in SU
You can probably find some actual gay humans somewhere in the series. For sure the zoo humans were up to fuck whoever, whenever.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.91M)

Mystery Girl was clearly into Pearl and she's one of the most feminine gems out there.

not to mention arguably mister smiley and mr frowney

Attached: MrSmile_and Mr Frown_Future Boy Zoltron.jpg (640x380, 58K)

>Can only win an award for representation

That's like saying you're an actor but omitting the part that it's for infomercials.

Why so much time?

You have to go back

>i can't google "steven universe awards" before stating things the post

Attached: 0a5.jpg (680x510, 69K)

>fills cons rooms entirely on it's own
That's easy when those rooms can't hold more than one hundred thousand people and the only people watching this are, in ascending order, kids and the kind of people with the time to go to some shitty hotel in California to talk about how stunning and brave their favorite whatever is.

>enough merch to fill a shelf
Wow, a whole shelf. That's almost two shelves.

>yearly hits top 3 most watched shows on cn
Again, not difficult on a network with no more than five shows at any given time

>tv movie
Oh, those beacons of relevance. Worked for Ed Edd n Eddy in 2009, surely it'll work for a show with half the devotion in an era where nobody watches television.

>continued production on future seasons
That nobody will watch.

>awards
Okay, Miller, get off of Yea Forums.

Sugar's foot fetish

oh this totally doesn't reek of bias

Attached: 24e.png (450x450, 99K)

They should've gone with the "Lars is ftm" theory, since doing an ftm would be pretty far forward on the progress bar compared to easy mtfs.

>The gems are so incompetent that they choosen male/female, male/male, and female/female pairs indescriminately and can't figure out why babies are only sometimes produced

Attached: file.png (299x168, 102K)

as long as it didn't go to AT

And that's a very well-thought-out response, giving me exact detail of every point I made in error.

kys fag

your shitpost isn't even worth it user

Attached: .png (994x742, 126K)

is the facial hair an edit or something that was actually done in Russia
because thats hilarious

I'm rolling my eyes just as hard at you, cunt.

No, it's a joke edit poking fun of how stuff like that was actually done in the past. Notice how it's only ever that one picture posted.

This. It’s always been a point of SU, so if you don’t like this kind of stuff you at least knew about it beforehand. It wasn’t just shoved in last minute for brownie points.

Every sane person is a social democrat. You probably are too even if you don't think yourself as one.

it's an edit the show get's some pretty heavy censorship in russia though and not just because of there anti lgbt laws.

>Twitter screencap

Please walk blindfolded down the highway.

>Every sane person is a social democrat.
Experience says otherwise.

>You probably are too even if you don't think yourself as one.
Except I know what it means and, as such, I'm opposed to it.

>Implying it doesn't gain extra merit from all these places because of its "progression"

Didn't Kate Leth get a comic award?

I really hated the fact that every slave there was legitimately dumb.

They're raised as literal zoo animals. I'm surprised they even speak, let alone speak ENGLISH of all languages.

Why? The point was that the utopia fucking sucks and that the paradise is a big facade. You were expecting the Diamonds to raise intelligent animals or something?

They're not necessarily dumb, most of the "dumb" moments they have are being completely ignorant, which is understandable given their situation.

>Every sane person is a social democrat. You probably are too even if you don't think yourself as one.

lol, keep telling yourself that, kid.

Attached: 1444543842590.jpg (400x281, 66K)

They're basically children. Interesting fact though that you may not have noticed but your brain did is that the Amethyst guards run in to console the zoomans as soon as trouble starts. They have no idea how to deal with "hurt" because they're kept docile and childlike. Unlike Steven and the others, they have no experience with dealing with emotions in a mature manner. Ironically, the zoomans are what shitposters are actually thinking of when they criticize Steven for crying occasionally. The only time he's ever broken down like that is during a pretty understandable time when Aquamarine and Topaz were trying to steal his friends and it turned out HE had given them the list to do so.

Reminder Twitter screencaps should be a bannable offense.

I find it funny that they made their own utopian fantasy world into something a child would comprehend as a dystopia.

>deadname meme.
Plot shit aside it's a dbz reference to how Vegeta calls Goku:" Kakaorot"

I don't think the audience is expected to think of the zoo as a utopia.

This is the show that has critics who literally think redeeming the Diamonds is akin to promoting and condoning fascism despite the fact that every step of the journey had Steven confronting and eventually dismantling that system of fascism. The zoo was something I didn't actually hear much rumblings about, but there was the usual crowd bawwing about there being human zoos IRL and that the show was bad for showing one despite the fact it wasn't show to be good.

No, but knowing Hollywood, the showrunners certainly did. They just know that the wider populace isn't brainwashed into thinking of it as such. Not yet, anyway.

Greg does call it a utopia and utopias are always a facade.

>An imagined place or state of things in which everything is perfect

Pink Diamond represents Lucifer who rebelled against the Trinity Godhead, which the Diamond Authority stands for.

Lucifer held special station over Earth as the Morning Star(Venus) before his downfall, much like how PD held dominion over Earth.

Lucifer decided that humanity did not need God to rule them. PD decided that the Diamonds needed to leave Earth alone.

Lucifer becomes the deceiver, or Devil, to convince Adam and Eve and other angels to rebel. PD becomes Rose Quartz, and convinces humans and other Gems to rebel.

War breaks out in heaven, resulting in the Devil being cast out with his demons, bound to the realm of the Earth. Rose Quartz and the Crystal Gems are left behind on Earth.

PD's Earth colony was established 6,000 years ago. Biblical Chronology places the rebellion in Eden approximately 6,000 years ago(give or take from our current year).

>Greg does call it a utopia
Like I said, the creators were thinking it.

>the showrunners certainly did
You'd have to be pretty fucking dense to think that.

It's a nice comparison but most of what you said isnt a part of the bible.

>A bubble full of pretty, fake trees, where everyone wears the same dress-like garment, talks like a toddler whose head had a loving date with some concrete and can't handle any sort of emotional turmoil
What does this sound like?

user this is better than korra's representation. Just admit you hate queers and go sit down somewhere.

Hell.

you're the actual bigot in this situation

FANG

GANG

An intentionally flawed facsimile of the idea of paradise?

>t. never opened a macroecon textbook

Attached: Untitled211.png (760x698, 204K)

except they are clearly female gendered so....

Gender and gender-identity are two distinct things, according to the modern left.

You mean sex and gender-identity.

No. According to the modern left, you can be biologically male, be female gendered, and identify as non-binary.

2019 is fun.

kill me now

Okay, from reading a bit, it looks like the terminology is using gender as a social role vs gender identity being internal. So, saying someone is female gendered means they're adhering to female social expectations. It makes sense, even if it's an example of getting really focused on splitting hairs.

Not before I check those digits.

Based my boy
Holy fuck why did you just fucking post that holy fuck fucking cringe fuck go back oh my god go back go back fuck you and your yikes as fuck post.
Fucking cringe jesus christ you're insane.

Attached: 1563639445995.jpg (1024x1024, 136K)

Imagine going back to 2010, the year Regular Show was released, and trying to explain this to people.

Fuck niggers fuck queers and fuck the janny

Attached: 1565650014405.jpg (742x742, 144K)

Why does this make you mad?

based

>steven manages to be he most homosexual guy in any cartoon in history
And yet this surprises you

Cringe

>identifying as non binary

Wouldnt non binary be paradoxical because to there is binary and there isnt binary and to be non binary is to be binary

Attached: 1562627323248.png (363x475, 89K)

vocaroo.com/i/s0EkDdSP8xuN

Actually, being non-binary is "problematic", because it reinforces the "wrong" idea that there is a gender binary, instead of a spectrum of genders.

I wish I didn't know all this. This sort of stuff is a morbid curiously I just can't quell.

Attached: 1435125082188.jpg (1463x883, 61K)

So is being NB a huge fuck you to the sjws?

No, more like a schism among groups on the same side.

It is until it isn't.

Mr. Smiley and Mr. Frowny are gay, but they couldn't say it explicitly in the episode because the network wouldn't allow it, also it's not canon on screen representation but Peridot is a huge shipper for Pierre and Percy in the show within the show Camp Pining Hearts, and they're both guys.

Non-binary is part of the "spectrum". The 56 genders and 112 sexual identities thing was largely a tumblr meme that didn't make it to many serious circles. There's no real schism, just different words for more things. Like how pansexual drops the "bi" of bisexual as it implies either male or female in almost the strictest terms. Nothing wrong with that, but people just wanted a new word that was more descriptive.

kill yourselves immediately

>The 56 genders and 112 sexual identities thing was largely a tumblr meme that didn't make it to many serious circles
Except the city of New York, which legally recognizes 31 genders.

>Like how pansexual drops the "bi" of bisexual as it implies either male or female in almost the strictest terms.
So "bisexual" means being attracted to all genders.

>Nothing wrong with that, but people just wanted a new word that was more descriptive.
Yes, and they would like many other "new words" as well. You could say they want a new way to speak entirely.

I thought Sugar said they were non-gendered rock aliens?

The all male Ork species.

Yeah ok.
Fucking cringe.

Attached: 1565276775829.jpg (480x360, 18K)

based af

But what if his

"It's subtext, Steven"

Wasn't this 2 years ago?