Oh Fuck no

>DEADPOOL #1

>Written by KELLY THOMPSON
>Art by CHRIS BACHALO
>Cover by CHRIS BACHALO

>Deadpool’s newest mercenary job has him going after the King of Monsters, who has claimed a new kingdom for his monstrous subjects…on Staten Island! But you know what they say, when you come at the king, you better not miss! The Merc with a Mouth finds himself neck deep in political intrigue, monster law, and a monster hunter out for blood! It’s like The Crown but with even more swords and monsters! Can Deadpool’s smooth charisma and deft diplomacy allow him to keep his head, or will he be royally screwed?

cbr.com/deadpool-kelly-thompson-chris-bachalo/

Attached: deadpool-1-header.jpg (738x1113, 191K)

eww, her Gwenpool was bad enough

Her Deadpool was painfully unfunny in Mr and Mrs. X
Expect Deadpool to behave like that but with less kissing with Quentin Quire.

Attached: Yuck.jpg (917x372, 84K)

This is awful news but it's not like that titcow could do too much damage, seeing as Deadpool has become so big that he'll always have some side miniseries, side project or spinoff by Bunn and his buttbuddies

>KELLY THOMPSON
GOD DAMNIT

I could understand Leah because BOOBS but why Kelly?

It will last ten issues, twelve at the most . Afterwards another shit writer like Kibblesmith will take over.

Finally, a Deadpool series worth reading

Excellent post

Kelly Thompson is not funny. I wonder why they're giving her so many books?

She's the best writer currently working for Marvel

Hi Kelly

>Written by KELLY THOMPSON

What did Wade do to deserve this? The only remotely decent thing she’s written in years was A-Force. Captain Marvel has been terrible, West Coast Avengers was just an awful stealth Hawkeye book and Hawkeye was just more Kate Bishop wank while pushing her character further and further away from who she was in Young Avengers

>no way people can have a opinion different than me, it must be the writer responding to my autism!!

Hi again, Kelly

>Kingdom of monsters in Staten Island
Isn't that the plot of the What We Do in the Shadows TV show?

Are you ready for Deadpool and every single character talking like teenager girls through the whole fucking thing?

What happend to deadpool last thing I knew he erased all his memories from Duggan's run and pretty much dumped all his supporting cast (again)

At least it’s not dr strange

>A-Force
Wait she wrote that? That was aweful.
Even Gail Simone writes pretty good deadpool.

The next run by skottie young continued the story Mephisto trying to fuck up deadpool's life from spiderman/deadpool series.

My buddy just said deadpool is going to written by Kelly. I thought it is Joe Kelly.

Was it good or it was waypool tier?

I can think of two big reasons.

Can’t be worse than Skottie Young and his cringe lolrandom humor.

It can always be worse.

Always.

pretty good but really the art was great

Attached: Deadpool 009-008.jpg (3975x3056, 3.88M)

>king of monsters

Deadpool vs Godzilla sounds pretty exciting to be quite desu with you family

:^)

Attached: entertained.png (326x356, 66K)

>Captain Marvel has been terrible
Fuck off, it's been good, you just hate the character.

Its not as bad as Waypool.
Young went with funny deadpool from Cable and deadpool "chimichanga" era . He really tried to correct himself after seeing the criticisms online and failed.There is even an issue dealing with depression after internet said he is writing waypool. Its really hard to follow Duggan run when Duggan burned everything he did at the end.
Nothing big happened. Negasonic was added as side character for synergy. All the stories were just one shot until the Mephisto arc started at the end of series. His memory got restored but got erased again.

Definitely Waypool tier, I don't know what the other guy is talking about. Just full blown MCU synergy too, the only saving grace was Klein's excellent art.

Oh poor user, but this did make me laugh.

I want mods to delete this thread so I can make a new thread titled Deadpool is going to be Kelly.

>New comic anounced
>Someone Does Something- Issue 1
>Written by: Literally Anyone
>Yea Forumsreaction
>OH GOD ITS THE WORST THING EVER, COMICS AS A MEDIA ARE DEAD THANKS TO THIS.

I honestly wonder how you guys have the energy to react with burning hayred to every little thing

It's fun to be ANGRY

Nah in all honesty when Hickman announced his X-Men, this place went nuts over it. Of course the Hackman shitposters went to town that day, but it was still mostly positive.

You can judge a writer by how they write deadpool. IF they can write deapool well , You can trust them with big characters.

Will Hickman deal with Weapon - X program in his new series? I would love to see his charts about different weapons and rejects .Also want to see how he writes Deadpool.

You just KNOW he has a chart for that. But if I recall there was supposed to be a series about the Weapon X program called "Weapon Plus", right? And that one had a chart...
But I am not certain Hickman is attached.
Funnily enough, Ewing wrote a really good Deadpool (even down to a noir scene with him), but he said before that issue that he didn't like the character. THEN he made You Are Deadpool.

>Funnily enough, Ewing wrote a really good Deadpool (even down to a noir scene with him), but he said before that issue that he didn't like the character. THEN he made You Are Deadpool.
Really? He gets props for writing a character he doesn't like without sperging and shitting on them. Most comic writers are incapable of doing that.

Duggan wrote a really awesome deadpool . His uncanny avengers and savage avengers are really good. I even like his guardians of galaxy until the Infinity wars II event started.
Joe kelly and Remender became a really Big shots in comics too.

No it was just terrible.

Imagine defending Kelly just for the sake of contrarianism or blindly loyalty to Marvel like you.

Aw man, I was hoping the new Deadpool rin would be HiX-Men related

>CHRIS BACHALO

Why are good artists always wasted on the worst books?

Nope. Better than Stohl and the previous CWII run.

>king of the monsters

Kelly's bringing Sheikla back to then, huh?

Just because something’s better doesn’t make it good. Carol’s been terrible ever since they took away all of her personality to make her Captain Marvel

only thing you need in modern day to get a job is be female or black. meanwhile white and asian men who have busted their ass for years get nothing. that's sadly is the sjw world liberals have created and the main reason why comics are dying

west coast avenger was one of the worst marvel comics of this year so far.

Ah you're one of those. Fuck off twice then.

This. Especially with Deadpool. He gets a new #1 every other month. Who gives a fuck ?

I’m not very familiar with mugga shit, but isn’t Hickman making it so ALL mutants are hellbent on replacing humanity for one reason or another and keep them like animals in their territory?

Is.
Is that what a good x-men story is these days? I’m legitimately unsure, I thought they were supposed to be some kind of minority metaphor.

He's one of the ones who are right?

Just give Deadpool to Rob Liefeld and let him do his Watchtower thing god damn Marvel this is child's play.

>ALL mutants are hellbent on replacing humanity for one reason or another
That's not really it. It's more like mutants skull outbreed humans over time and that they've proven to be more adept to future survival, and assimilation is inevitable. It's not like they want to replace humanity because they've opted for the 2001 solution ("all these worlds are yours expect Europa, etc") with Krakoa, and they aren't forcing anyone to join them, just want to be left alone in their Island that will eventually end up in space.

>Just give Deadpool to Rob Liefeld
Fuck no, he's awful. That's the worst idea I've read tonight.

Fuck off Boomer X was great.

You're crazy, I didn't even bother beyond #1 and I don't think anyone else on Yea Forums did, all the storytimes stopped after that.

>Using Yea Forums as a gauge of quality.

Nigga I read it, it was shit.

I'm not, I read it with my own eyes, it was awful. I'm saying that not even here, a place full of contrarians like yourself who defend Liefeld for the lulz, thought the mini was worth reading.

But why? Was Duggan too busy?

Duggan end his run on a high note, why would he come back? I'm sure he felt he said all he had to say with the character.

Been this way for a good long while now, user.

And it's a damn shame, too. I can still remember when 'Yea Forums is love' wasn't ironic.

Attached: co is hate.png (400x347, 57K)

How did duggans end again? I remember his original run ended with Deadpool and friends dying cause of secret wars but I didn't see the final one

Hahaha... Oh boy you didn't see...
It ended with the greatest pukefest of all times, paired with Deadpool finally pulling the trigger, meeting The One Above All and getting a full reset, back to Waypool.

Mind wipe

I want Peter David on Deadpool

>staten island
Fitting desu

I'm still shocked PAD's only written him once out of his entire career. He really does line up with everything he loves to write.

The only thing that survived it was Rogue

This is not anyone retard, Have you read the absolute shit she produces on a regular basis? WCA might as well be top 10 worst comics of this year.

What was so bad about it?

Nothing, it was comfy and fun.

I totally spaced on it being out. I take it the drop in quality from Hastings was pretty significant then?

Where is Shiklah? She was married to Dracula, but in Avengers he was alone and now in Chernobyl. Is she still even queen in the monster kingdom under new york? Is this king her new husband? God damn it, I just want my hot succubus queen back.

Didn't they get divorced?

>Chris Bachalo
Not even the art can save this I'm afraid.

But where is she? She was arabic and hot and fit and checked all the right boxes for me.

I just want to see some more wholesome father-daughter time with Wade and his kid goddammit.

Attached: dadpool.jpg (1920x2951, 1.7M)

Of course, shippers gonna ship.

Honestly it was pretty low stakes, but other than that it had nice art and it was fun. That guy is just a joyless retard.
It got cancelled because of low sales and false advertising (it was mostly a Kate Bishop show), but other than that there was nothing bad about it.

I dunno, maybe they should put more characters we like in good hands for a change. The shitshow got old half a decade ago.

It isn't the same kind of bad as West Coast Avengers but it reads like a schizophrenic 35 year old spouting off memes.
At this point I am starting to think none of the other writers can handle the immensely challenging concept of a NEET Marvel fan from the real world with inside knowledge.

again Marvel puts the wrong Thompson. is Robbie Thompson even writing anything anymore?

>Literally Anyone
Some writers have a really bad track record.
Kelly is one of them.

Kelly Thompson is way better, she's one of the best at Marvel right now

What are her best books?

Duggan did the impossible and made the "secret kid" bit actually work for Deadpool's character. It usually turns out bland at best with the kid, eventually, being thrown into the background. I don't see why Max Bemis' Moon Knight didn't take any notes cause whooo, boi.

Attached: 1563516147710.jpg (960x960, 239K)

Continuing to have the shittiest taste in comics WallyGropius.

Yeah it's weird to start a new kingdom of Monsters on Staten Island when Monster Metropolis is so recent

I saw Kelly from the catalog and thought "oh cool" but then I opened the thread

thanks OP

Attached: 1564869366360.jpg (653x653, 33K)

You guys are so fucking weird.

Poor Wade doesn't deserve this.

>It ended with the greatest pukefest of all times
That was fun and even the darling characters like Kamala, Miles, and Jane Thor got puked on. I think only Cap and Preston were spared from the pukefest.

Kelly Thompson is not the titcow. That is Leah Williams. Thompson is so bad that get West Coast Avengers cancelled un récord time.

>See Kelly
Sweet new Joe Kelly Deadpool

>Written by Kelly Thompson
Who the hell is she and can she actually do tragic comedian or am I in for more Waypool

Judging by her Gwenpool you are in for one of the worst runs of Wade you will ever see.

kelly has done good shit here. yall just hating because you have only read WCA.

>kelly has done good shit here
Such as?
I am only familiar with her absolute character annihilation of Gwenpool.

Once again Marvel, you picked the wrong Thompson. Robbie should be doing this not Kelly.

only a little Star Wars mini
Kelly thompson isn't funny and Zac Thompson wrote the worst X-Men event ever

Her Hawkeye is pretty decent, though I think that's in a large part due to Romero's art. And her Rogue/Gambit is fun. Oh, and Jessica Jones is better than Bendis last series with her.

Bonus points because it makes you sperg.

>West Coast Avengers was just an awful stealth Hawkeye book

As opposed to when it was a stealth Hawkeye/Pym book in the 80s/90s?

>Thompson is so bad that get West Coast Avengers cancelled un récord time.

Nice to see that Yea Forums and its perpetual butthurt against a creator has people still making completely baseless claims as facts to justify their hate shitposting. Occupy Avengers got axed at issue #9, West Coast Avengers got ten issues, i.e. two arcs. Which is basically standard these days, and not any type of a record.

Weapon H got 12 issues and a mini series to end it

Weapon H got a considerable push by Marvel since it even got an entire Weapon X arc devoted to stealth launch it. Editorial obviously cared about the book enough to give it some leeway to wrap it up, as well as they probably wanted to pander Pak. Same thing doesn't apply to a satellite Avengers title.

Deadpool's regeneration ruins his character. Gwenpool was much better, until she got story-breaking powers too. Can't we get someone who can break the 4th wall who doesn't also have god tier powers?

>Deadpool's regeneration ruins his character.
>Can't we get someone who can break the 4th wall who doesn't also have god tier powers?

Deadpool's healing factor is just part of the comedy aspect of the character.

I warned you guys that Kelly Thompson was horrible. You didn't listen. Now she's going to take over every book.

She admited that the book fall short in sales. She even needed to rewrite it and cut an arc about ms. America that was originally planned, to write a proper ending of the book.

This thread should have been a Bait thread without mentioning Last name.

Speaking of Strange, damn it today’s issue was a fucking downer

>the second coming of Kellypool

He is right, She is their best female writer, which is sad.

Her Gwenpool was fine, stop exaggerating. The only thing she did was nerf her.

At least it wasn't Kelly Sue

I like Kelly's work if only because she managed to redeem Spiral and make a fun Sabrina book.

Deadpool hasn't been good in a while.

So Deadpool and Elsa Bloodstone teamup for the first arc then. I mean I'll give it a shot because the concept sounds fine but Thompson's dialogue is just so wooden.

I hope you're not seriously trying to defend West Coast Avengers.
It was easily the second worst comic published by Marvel this decade, second only to America.

Yes, and? It still isn't some kinda of a record in cancellation time when other books got cancelled quicker.

Sorry dude, but it was entirely readable comic. To say it was the 2nd worst coming out of Marvel is laughable.

Name one thing it did well.
Because even saying "it didn't do anything well" would be giving it undue praise. It was some of the cringiest shit Marvel has ever published.

Decent comedy. I forget the dude's real name but Absorbing Nose Ring Boy was a decent new character. Shark puppy was adorable. Even the reality TV interview angle wasn't that bad.

Mr and Mrs X was ok and Rogue and Gambit was great.

So eh...

>Decent comedy.
"DUDE REALITY TV LMFAO" is not decent comedy.
For that matter, everything else it tried to do was also terrible. The romance wasn't romantic, the action wasn't exciting, quips were cringe, villains were boring, etc. It's actually impressive the amount of levels it failed on.

The inherent problem is Yea Forums's been chasing another America the same way Yea Forums chases another TORtanic, and they keep missing out on what made those two things the clusterfucks they were. So by dubbing everything that's entirely mediocre the next America/TORtanic, they miss out on what made America/TORtanic such a shitshow to begin with.

>villains were boring,

Brodok was anything but boring.

Agree to disagree, bro.

Being paired with Klein’s art made it an above average run imo, the theme park issue was a personal favorite.

He's right tho? The only consistent traits about her character since she abandoned her drunk hothead personality is being unlikeable and stupid.

He's not right because clearly whoever thinks that's all she was (a characterization that only came during Reed and Buziek) didn't read her previous stuff either so they assume she has to be a drunk fuckup all the time. And THAT'S boring.

Saying that West COast Avengers had nothing wrong is the very definition of a contrarian. Maybe the book wasn't America levels of awful but it was still quite shitty. The dialogue was awful all the time. All characters not named Quire sounded exactly the same. Characters like Clint or Tigra were brought to do absolutely nothing, which is specially bad for Clint considering he's a main character. Characters like Noh-Varr were brought exclusively to be shitted on for no reason other than Kelly is angry for Gillen's run still after 6 years. Gwenpool was written horribly out of character, trying too hard to be a deadpool knockoff and not even landing deadpool characterization right. The level of comics wasted was amazing, the whole first arc was completely pointless and meaningless as soon as it ended. It didn't even introduced the characters properly because by the end we still didn't know exactly what was going on with Gwen, why Quire was there, who the fuck was Johnny... Making powers as the plot goes just to get out safely from the walls she constantly wrote herself into was also so dumb...

I could go on.

>hook her up with Quentin "cancer" Quire

I like Bachalo. Well, some of his work. Marvel comics are full of flavourless art and shit stories nowadays. At least he has style. Don`t know the writer dude.

>Even Gail Simone writes pretty good deadpool.
That was pretty much the last time I read Deadpool and Marvel books in general.

>Even Gail Simone writes pretty good deadpool.
That was pretty much the last time I read Deadpool.

So judging by that synopsis, it's really looking like Deadpool is finding his own niche as a mercenary that gets the weird, fantastical jobs. I was worried it wouldn't stick after Young, and it was one of the concepts I liked from him.

The reality TV angle has been done to death and it's so 00's.

That's pretty much the only things I read from her that I though were decent.

Because she works dirt cheap.
Emphasis on dirt.
Garbage.
Trash.
Worthless.

talk to me when the run's complete, an 8/10 or better, and storytimed.

Why is Deadpool being so spiteful to this guy?

I haven;t been paying attention, whatever happened to Skottie Young's series?

Cancelled due to low sales at #16 I believe. Although I don't know if it's considered a "mutant" series because every single one of those got cancelled while HoX/PoX is running.

He and Rogue had a thing

Not the Kelly I want.

Well....there goes all of my hope for the next DP run....

Attached: 1508875082220.png (587x427, 155K)