EXCLUSIVE: Harry Styles Has Officially Signed On To Play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’

>A few weeks back reports surfaced that Harry Styles was in talks to play opposite of Halle Bailey in The Little Mermaid live action remake as Prince Eric. The DisInsider has been recently informed that Styles has officially signed on to the project.

>Harry Styles is known for his time in the popular boyband, One Direction and he also played a minor role in Christopher Nolan’s war drama, Dunkirk as Alex. He was also recently in talks to play Elvis for the Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis biopic, but was beaten out for the role by Austin Butler.

>Alan Menken is remastering his original “The Little Mermaid” score for the film and is writing a song with Moana composer, Lin-Manuel Miranda. While Prince Eric doesn’t have any songs in the original The Little Mermaid, the singer joining Bailey is a strong sign that this will change in the remake. Styles and Bailey are incredible singers who will take on Alan Menken’s remastered Little Mermaid songs and new ones, too.

>Also in talks to join Disney’s upcoming remake is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales star Javier Bardem is in talks to play Ariel’s father King Triton Melissa McCarthy, Jacob Tremblay, and Awkwafina who are circling Ursula, Ariel’s best friend Flounder, and Scuttle.

Attached: harry styles 1D prince eric.jpg (768x548, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE
broadwayworld.com/article/Harry-Styles-In-Talks-to-Play-Prince-Eric-in-Live-Action-THE-LITTLE-MERMAID-20190813
variety.com/2019/film/news/harry-styles-prince-eric-passes-little-mermaid-1203301582/
youtube.com/watch?v=sQai_Q8Ilpg
youtube.com/watch?v=eu76MjQYWdE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

BLEACHED

I don’t mind black Ariel anymore.

Colonize Atlantica, my lad!

is he hung like a King?

Fpbp

youtube.com/watch?v=YigM-F4oSIE

Oh the irony

Attached: image.jpg (1486x868, 506K)

Who fucking cares if you go or you don't, it'll make a fortune anyways.

>two for one package deal
Damn, Eric got it good

All I care about is if the music is good, but seeing as how they ruined BatB, Aladdin, and Lion King with horrible autotune, I don't have a lot of hope

Attached: plane.png (329x551, 306K)

i just hope one day it won't

Bailey and Styles are professional singers, though, and so is John Legend, who is being eyed for Sebastian.

The only singing character whose actor has no singing background (to my knowledge) is Melissa McCarthy.

I like how they think it's only fucked up when a white is in there
You know like the original film

Ha ha we win again

Attached: 1547580326043.jpg (282x279, 31K)

>John Legend, who is being eyed for Sebastian
fuckin wot

>All I care about is if the music is good
odd considering the little mermaid's music sucked

This is exactly what happened with the Princess and the Frog. Disney gave them a black princess and they bitched about how she changes into a frog amongst a bunch of other things.

>These announcements drew criticism from African-American media outlets, due to elements of the Frog Princess story, characters, and settings considered distasteful.[23][24] African-American critics disapproved of the original name for the heroine, "Maddy", due to its similarity to the derogatory term "mammy".[23] Also protested were Maddy's original career as a chambermaid,[24] the choice to have the black heroine's love interest be a non-black prince, which upset opponents of on-screen interracial romance,[23] and the use of a black male voodoo witchdoctor as the film's villain.[23] The Frog Princess title was also thought by critics to be a slur on French people.[25] Also questioned was the film's setting of New Orleans, which had been heavily damaged by Hurricane Katrina in 2005, resulting in the expulsion of a large number of mostly black residents.[26] Critics claimed the choice of New Orleans as the setting for a Disney film with a black heroine was an affront to the Katrina victims' plight.

>"In response to these early criticisms, the film's title was changed in May 2007 from The Frog Princess to The Princess and the Frog. The name "Maddy" was changed to "Tiana",[25][27] and the character's occupation was altered from chambermaid to waitress.[23] Talk show host Oprah Winfrey was hired as a technical consultant for the film, leading to her taking a voice-acting role in the film as Tiana's mother, Eudora.[12]"

Trying to seem progressive always draws more attention which leads to more scrutiny, and ironically more claims of racism/sexism/etc. (and this is coming from someone who likes Princess and the Frog).

Attached: 1553305834253.jpg (738x857, 274K)

she'll cuck him with a black triton at the end screencap this

Ryan Stiles for Grimsby when?

Attached: Ryan_Stiles.jpg (689x919, 278K)

>American critics disapproved of the original name for the heroine, "Maddy", due to its similarity to the derogatory term "mammy"
are you fucking serious
what planet do these people live on

>she'll cuck him
>with her own father

>the Frog Princess title was also thought by critics to be a slur on French people
Hah, really?

Why is Superman trying to get me to drink?

>Imagine

So you’ll stop being such a little cocktease and have some fun, bro.

triton as in a male mermaid you philistine

WHITEY WINS AGAIN

Attached: IMG_2881.jpg (313x614, 72K)

Attached: 1564518974954.jpg (612x960, 84K)

I guess the backlash got to him because news sites are now posting that he passed on the project. They'll keep going until they get black Eric and the project officially becomes "the black little mermaid no one remembers"

that doesn't make any sense nigga

Eh, he was fine in Dunkirk.

You've never heard that term before?
"merman" is common too, but I've heard 'triton' used in certain places as well.

That'd be one thing if there wasn't already a character WITH that name

Yeah, confusing.

Well, they lost the black audience with this. No black man is going to sit down and watch a movie about a black girl lusting over a white guy.

Eh. Racists gonna racist.

He isn't that hot

Woke broke and SJW BTFO amirightfellas?

Singer-turned-actor John Legend is rumored to be in contention to voice Sebastian the crab.

Attached: John Legend.jpg (700x700, 66K)

It looks like he turned down the role from recent news.

well, on one hand, it ruins the entire point of the story if the mermaids and humans look like different races, so one can't reasonably masquerade as another
on the other hand, his face is fucking deformed, just like hers. They'll have little mocha frog babies.

planet GET ANGRY AND STAY ANGRY

So which fucking is it
Do any of you fuckasses have a source?

triton is the correct name
see, a lot of mythological creatures derive their names from deities and other legendary figures. for example any winged horse is a pegasus, because of the original handcrafted pegasus, and any dragon-winged snake-tailed tornado-breathing donkey is a typhon because typhon was the father of a ton of monsters, and that's a fucking messed up thing to see.

King Triton is named after the son of the sea god, and tritons are named after him too, but in an illustrative manner. It's like how any random Russian guy is 'Ivan' but that's also a name you can have.

broadwayworld.com/article/Harry-Styles-In-Talks-to-Play-Prince-Eric-in-Live-Action-THE-LITTLE-MERMAID-20190813

>He turned it down

So it’s the black Little Mermaid now. And a white guy has to turn down a role that was a white guy because the other character who was white is now black, and a black character can’t be in love with a white character, unless it’s a black dude and a white chick.

variety.com/2019/film/news/harry-styles-prince-eric-passes-little-mermaid-1203301582/

The only interracial couples allowed in media are black male + white female and white male + asian female. Everything else is racism or doesn't exist.

They should get this guy to play Eric

Attached: large (1).jpg (750x927, 123K)

>Alan Menken again
Nothing against the guy, but what the fuck is the point of bringing back the same person to remake the score. It’s not like they’ve invented a new instrument that’ll revolutionize the original music

Gonna be a black dude.

I know nothing about this guy, but he kinda looks like the animated Eric.

>Also in talks to join Disney’s upcoming remake is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales star Javier Bardem

For a second I misread this as Disney planning to make a live action Pirates of the Carribean remake, which would be rather silly.

Disney wants Javier Bardem as King Triton, that tells me the film is gonna be like the Brandy Cinderella movie

Attached: Brandy Cinderella cast.jpg (480x320, 51K)

>Talk show host Oprah Winfrey was hired as a technical consultant for the film, leading to her taking a voice-acting role in the film as Tiana's

. It's like they made Oprah Pope of all black people. What makes her more qualified than literally any other black person if they're only basing it on her being black?

Oprah is the Emperor of black people
Beyonce is Darth Vader of black people

If not Eric, who should be Disney's first live action black prince Yea Forums?

That kinda reminds me of the way we use "lamia" today.
10 years ago or so, there was a lot of using of different terms for "snake lady." I saw lamia sometimes, but mostly naga. One of the reasons people use lamia might be, arguably, from FF4; there was an enemy called "lamia" (and also a few sprite recolors) named after a greek character, who wasn't a snake lady at all. The lamia sprite was hot and a snake lady and people took it to mean that the name of that monster in that game was what they were called. Not an unfair assumption really.

Beyonce is going to kill Oprah?

Whitney Houston won’t be in it

Attached: 59F7C7F3-5492-4AED-A257-518BD662321F.jpg (750x733, 124K)

>What makes her more qualified than literally any other black person if they're only basing it on her being black?
She got the most money. She on TV. She got books.

Some people spend nearly every waking hour of every waking day just looking for stupid shit to get offended about.

And Raised by White People

Who's the Kylo Ren of black people?

Attached: if only knew aew pre show alicia atout Kylie Rae book shh.png (1009x600, 721K)

He's a decent actor and singer, I could see it.

youtube.com/watch?v=sQai_Q8Ilpg

Attached: GINGERED.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

this

>black woman leaves her kingdom and everything behind after meeting her white savior
Oh, I;m sure people will LOVE this. There goes the browny points Disney got for making her black.

Where the hell is his next album?

More like BEACHED

Progressives never cease to amaze me on how batshit crazy they are.

Attached: hm.gif (280x210, 1.41M)

Most of Africa hates Oprah ironically. Not sure why burgers love her so much.

COLONIZED

dont forget echidna, named after echidne, the mother of lots of monsters

lamia is a lion or bear with human head and tits, goat legs, and some dragon scales and maybe wings, though. for the record.

their parents didnt spank them

so it will be a movie about bleaching fish?

Do male black Americans pay for movies in theaters?

he will be in his ship singing this:
youtube.com/watch?v=eu76MjQYWdE