How would Jacket fare in the marvel/DC universe's?

How would Jacket fare in the marvel/DC universe's?

Attached: Hlm2_featured.jpg (800x800, 282K)

He's a giant chicken, I tell ya! A GIANT CHICKEN!

He's basically punisher but involuntary.

Archie really snapped in the end.

Runs into any street tier hero/villain and either gets sent to jail/mental hospital or killed.
He might have been given some lienency if Batman or whoever could prove his murders were done under threat of death until they realised his slaughtering of a police station was him acting on his own.

At any point was he not acting on his own? Sure he got the calls but even the first one has no major threats but "we'll be watching".

>tfw no Jacket vs Travis battle in No More Heroes 3.

Attached: EBvPTWAWwAMMHf-.jpg (405x619, 27K)

this

They’d have a fun time

Attached: E48C4C00-9EE9-4581-8323-1BDBA02445EB.jpg (725x1101, 204K)

>Involuntary

If the First game was the only one, sure, but you can't say that with the second game

You don't okay as Jacket in 2

>An unhinged ex-special forces hitman

He would fit in fine with the street-level

Well, Richter got his car torched and was threatened in Hotline 2 for not doing their jobs, so it's not like 50 Blessings was messing around.

I've wrote this on a similar thread before but my idea would be that he'd serve as a rival to Frank. They'd start of as colleagues who both enjoy the way the other thinks and Jacket especially growing fond of Frank, until Frank finds out Jacket's even crazier then him and will go as far as to hurt the innocent to get his way.

Frank would be pissed at Jacket and do anything he can to stop him while Jacket feels betrayed by Frank.
Jacket has military training and uncanny luck.
He won't ever go beyond street level but he would do fine.

Wasn't he mind controlled in HLM1? He'd get away with it in Marvel for sure and maybe DC just for how absurd and simple his get up is. He's just a lone guy in an animal mask murdering mobsters with their own weapons. He's also in and out within minutes

>Wasn't he mind controlled in HLM1
This is a popular theory but there is no real evidence that solidly points to this.

Plus I don't like it and think Jacket choosing to be a cunt is better.

Only ever used HLM1. I’m pretty sure the whole original game was just a narrative on how people naturally gravitate towards violence in games (hence how gratuitous it is).

Jacket’s just a normal guy who broke up with his druggie gf when he gets a mysterious call telling him to do shit and kill people. He has nothing else to do, so he does and hey! He’s good at it. Real good, and it’s really exhilarating after his post-breakup blues. So he does what he’s told, rescues his girlfriend and finds out who was ordering him the whole time: just two random asshole janitors out to cause murder because they thought it was fun.

That’s what Jacket (and the player) are: people using senseless, goalless violence to fill the void because in the end, the final truth of human nature is: “Yes, you do like hurting other people”.

Attached: CDE8F912-5D30-4CBE-8DF3-1145BA6E3329.jpg (1024x565, 39K)

HLM 2 doesn't really imply hypnosis ever. It's a good game I recommend it but the story is a lot more direct so it does loose some of the appeal of the first game's "What the fuck is even going on" mind space.

I always assumed it because of the hallucinations he had and the cryptic guy who would show up everywhere

But why were the voice mails in code? I always thought he was like a sleeper agent and the voice mails activated him.

I don't remember Jacket ever hurting an innocent.

Dude is a straight up villain, or at least a very strong anti-hero in both senses of the word. As revealed in the secret ending, people aren't really in danger or the phone calls, and given Jacket apparently still grieving over his friend and desire to give out revenge, he would be more than open to the job. Thing is, Jacket is the Id. He let his emotions run him, whenever or not it makes sense. His police raid prove this. He's a blood thirsty brute.

depends on how many guns and baseball bats are in the area. Let's assume that an optimal no death speedrun of hotline Miami is what jacket is canonically capable of. like said he'd be unrivaled street tier vigilante, but would probably struggle against somebody with any kind of super power.

He killed that homeless guy and an entire police department. He also indirectly killed that one other agent who was strapped to some bombs.

The most powerful entity in the universe, because he can just keep resetting until he somehow figures out how to kill Superman.

Attached: 1552427067304.gif (516x215, 2.58M)

Is there a character like this in either universe? I guess Darkside counts, kinda.

>the cryptic guy who would show up everywhere
Oh, you haven't played the sequel.
Play it. It's one of those games you hate at first but quickly grows on you.

>But why were the voice mails in code? I always thought he was like a sleeper agent and the voice mails activated him.

Because if your dumb agent gets caught and the feds investigate his house, "we need you to clean the backroom" sounds more innocuous than "go clear out a mobster front, with murder"

is that connor detroit become human?

I always interpreted it as a form of "luck" power.
Like every time you die it showcases all the ways you can die and Jacket manages to get the 1% universal scenario where he doesn't die.

What would be his motivations? Would this mean a Fifty-Blessings organization and at least some of the events that caused it to exist would also be there?

I played a little but didn't finish. I really should, I love the games.
Exactly, if it were random janitors they wouldn't use code and Jacket wouldn't really understand it

>random janitors

They aren't random janitors, they are 50 Blessings, who are a group of vigilante jingoist cultists. In the HM universe Russia won the Cold War and is forcibly inhabiting the United States by planting gangs and drug cartels.

Honestly, I don't really see it. Without all the Russo-American war and all the weird stuff, Jacket would just be some depressed veteran.

Despite the stigma, some veterans really fucking loved their time in the service.

That agent was already dead the moment he was captured.

Mister Immortal

Guess he was doing him a favor really.

>Manchild
>Can't keep a gf
>Get's depressed easily
>Best friend dies in a nuclear explosion
Despite the near death experience the war was probably the best thing Jacket ever had since.

Maybe Frank will act like a father figure to him.

Probably. Despite being a sociopath Jacket is essentially a loser who just wants to feel loved.

And kill slavs.

I can see Frank guiding Jacket and honing his skills. He's obviously got talent and the right mindset but he's too unrefined. Frank giving him a sense of stability and community is what he needs

You people are idiots if you think Frank wouldnt just blow his brains out

Frank's taken on partners before and Jacket is targeting mobsters mainly. This isn't like in Welcome Back Frank with the Vigilante Squad, Jacket is killing the same people Frank would target

After he would do something like kill off a police department? Totally? Anything before that? I doubt it.

Meant to put a period on "totally"

2's story was a mess. Only good thing was Biker being freaked about someone he met in the desert. Wonder how that went.

It lacked that personal "devolution into insanity" 1 had that made it so interesting but the actual story in 2, the characters and how they all connected was great.

Cute, but playing a video game isn't violent no matter how many soccer moms and pretentious pseuds say it is.

2 is definitely better after playing through it again and realizing what everything means and how it's connected. But a lot of the levels are so annoying to go through that it almost ruins the entire game. Especially the ones with those fucking windows.

I kinda like them more as mentally ill, fucked up, man children, buddies more desu.

Attached: tumblr_pulmfjHqjk1ugc6goo1_500.png (500x412, 142K)

How would Jacket fare in those universes if it was his myth you encountered in 2 rather than the person?

Mask abilities aside
>can`t kill a dog without weapons
>can`t kill a big guy without firearms
>dies in one solid hit

>capable of perfect accuracy
>can`t be surprised (in-game you see through walls)

Sooo... He is something like Bullseye.
Someone who is no match for average hero strengh-wise, but will totally blow your brains out given the chance.

Does anyone else know about the theory that Hooker/Jacket's GF is a 50 Blessings agent?

God that would be the best power. He'd be flashy as fuck too.