Can anyone tell me why this show is bad...

Can anyone tell me why this show is bad? Without saying stuff like “off model” or “gun control episode” or “too many crossovers” - why is the show ACTUALLY bad?

Attached: 7773DB30-588D-497E-99D2-55CB9FF596F9.png (1258x1814, 2.38M)

its a worse version of mao mao

why did they shift villainfocus on Venomous? He was boring

It's off model, the gun control episode and has too many crossovers

It's nothing like Mao Mao

>Can anyone tell me why this show is bad without citing the very reasons why this show is bad.
fuck off, also I'm posting it again.

Attached: 1538891916506.png (379x442, 224K)

thats true its too good to be compared to ok ko

It's fun, people shit on it here because they don't care for the humor, they haven't seen it, or they've reached maximum cynicism

ok

if you have not reached maximum cynicism you do not have a high enough IQ to post on co

It comes off as a hollow "love letter" to eras gone by without offering anything of substance. Trying too hard to emulate what inspired it without taking the time and effort to become something that stands on its own two feet, ironically exactly the "arc" of the entire show for KO, being in the shadow of other "heroes", idolizing them, while trying desperately wanting to be among them.

OK KO's biggest flaw is it has no real indenity of its own, piggy backing off other properties, and in the case of the crossover specials, about as blatantly as you can make it, which causes it to feel more like fanfiction than any sort of property that can exist on its own without needed anything else to prop it up

Personally liked it, but if the humor isn't your thing, it'll grate on you I imagine

ko

Attached: 1564205651780.gif (300x258, 2.03M)

Do we have to keep having this thread? A lot of people just didn't like it. There's nothing here for people that don't have a very particular set of interests. The reference stuff isn't even "dude remember Sonic?", it's "dude remember the Chaotix Special Stage?". It turns out the vast majority of the human race do not actually remember the Special Stage from the 32X-exclusive Knuckles Chaotix game that has never been re-released in 20 years. The lack of mass appeal is reflected in the ratings. It's the worst performing show on the network, there's every reason for it to get cancelled. Get fucking over it.

Because the animation is lazy, the design is garbage, and the writing is sub-par.

I don't care for the humor, I've seen enough to realize it wasn't going to get better and my cynicism is reserved for after I drop a show.

Kek let's not go there, we're both on the same board and there is no reason to lie when you and I both know the kind of threads we have here.

I love it and I wanted to discuss it on here with people but people will hate on the stuff that you like for various reasons. People have different tastes. If you like it then post about it and I'll be there to have actual conversations with ya

The dialog is bad, the characters are boring, the jokes are not funny, it can get too preachy.

I bet the guy who pointed out that you kept posting the image for two years never expected you would actually post it more because he pointed it out. I bet he feels silly.

Summer Camp Chads & Chad of the Creek > OK KO Let's Get Cancelled!

Attached: 1554316312335.png (487x600, 156K)

>The reference stuff isn't even "dude remember Sonic?", it's "dude remember the Chaotix Special Stage?"
>oh no i didnt get a reference so its bad
or you could just ignore them and watch the show
>It turns out the vast majority of the human race do not actually remember the Special Stage from the 32X-exclusive Knuckles Chaotix game that has never been re-released in 20 years
yes and?
>It's the worst performing show on the network
This is a lie

pseud detected

Yeah it's not for everyone as to be expected, I just don't like that people can't ignore threads about things they don't like. Constructive criticism is always good though. Unfortunately between shit posters and people who can't like a show until Yea Forums gives its unanimous approval nothing can really be done.

the artist that drew the characters like that stopped drawing the characters like that after season 1

This show would be better if the robots were the main characters instead.

You want me to ignore the Sonic references in the Sonic references episode? Guess what, there's fucking nothing there in that case!

Hahaha you must be a immigrant from 8 chan then. I've browsed your guys Yea Forums as well

no i just hate everything

>this thread

Attached: hoes mad.gif (300x258, 2.03M)

it got cancelled because Ian is ugly as fuck. meanwhile the chad Matt and stacy Julia actually direct quality stuff and are extremely photogenic.

Attached: 1552433502352.png (421x597, 504K)

Okay you win, there you go

>sonic references episode
having references doesnt mean its a references episode. You could just watch it for the jokes

what jokes

no i did not

Yikes

It's cool to say you haven't watched the episode user

Sorry you don't care about anything, you're right. Nothing matters at all. There you go

im not right

I don't need to watch the show to know

lets be

You're right, you're not right

but i am right

HEROES!

these threads don't really help anything because you just keep posting them to fire off what i can only assume is some shitty twitter meme. in fact i wouldn't be surprised if these threads where just a flaseflag to get people to shit on it more than they already do. and i actually like the fucking show.

Attached: 1530381088953.png (1363x727, 1023K)

Attached: 05B2C1FA-56F8-4092-8003-0DF706FD6F53.png (289x460, 369K)

Okay which joke would you like me to appreciate? the one where KO says "3D BLAST" or the one where the red robot imitates Scratch's laugh? maybe the one where Dr. Boxman says PRRROMOTIONS like how Dr. Robotnik said PRRROMOTIONS? A lot of these kinda seem like references rather than jokes, but just point me in the right direction and I'll be sure to have a hearty laugh.

seriously, what jokes?

besides the inane crossovers and agenda pushing, there's no place for actual narrative or jokes.

Yeah there's no sincerity anymore it's hard to know what's what anymore

is it funny because what i said is true?

Okay you guys win, the show sucks now for everyone. Yay

Sums up people who complain about OK KO entirely

Look, dude, just watch the episode. Right now it seems like you're the one who didn't watch it. Maybe just go and watch it and make a note of all the non-referential jokes you noticed during the episode, then come back and we'll have a nice chat about them.

>true

Attached: image.txt.png (225x225, 73K)

Yep

>besides the inane crossovers and agenda pushing
Amazing, out of 100 episodes you can complain about 6
>no u
This is even more sad because you're not even replying to the same person

Attached: not a trick.png (1920x1080, 3.3M)

so they can post another "u mad" or any modern variant, spew food analogies like you can't say X is bad unless you are "Y" yourself.

you're right

Attached: ascended.gif (300x258, 1.73M)

every thing i said is true and you know it

Fink is CUTE

Attached: 1564234993439.jpg (1080x1080, 167K)

Joke 1: Radicles said "Videosgame" rather than "Videogames"
Joke 2:

ok, we'll complain about all the episodes that have those awful grainy backgrounds, because why would anybody expect this show to not get worse.

>man i hate style
We get it user

Ian please
We already told you what was wrong with it and you never listened. You brought this on yourself.

If you're defending the season 3 backgrounds you're a total retard.

Okay then you win kek

>You're not smart because you don't hate THING.
>How stupid do you have to be to not hate THING. You know not liking THING makes me smart and cool right?

yeah yeah conspiracy this and disney bought the tickets for Captain Marvel that.

no i did not
this but unironically

It's not a bad show at all. I personally find it fun, funny, and comfy.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-08-13-18h11m34s252.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

You did win. So there you go

no i did not

cynicism is artificial intelligence

i think you are just a pseud who is happy and likes things in life

But this board is full of brainless retards who will believe anything as long as it gives them reason to irrationally angry at children's cartoons and super hero media

Attached: 1557578118211.png (851x817, 564K)

Uh huh

This.

you do not sound cynical enough to be posting here

Yea Forums will find a reason to hate any modern animation. no one should take this place seriously.

The comedy isn't really that funny most of the time and the plot is completely predictable and uninteresting. That and most of the characters, including the main ones, are shit.
Nobody would give a rat's ass about Enid if she wasn't thick.

There, that's three things that have nothing to do with animation, crossovers or gun control.

I think the crossovers are the only fun thing about the show, it actually doesn't happen as often as people think.

does being cynical about the board users not count?

Attached: 1557578246761.png (502x399, 267K)

nun huh

>crossover episodes aren't good unless they reference mainstream stuff!
I never knew you were a normalfag.

it has to apply to all aspects of life not just this board

The worst part of OK K.O.! is that it's fun. I need to it look like anime, and use dark colors, and the characters should be really serious and complex. I'm not some dumb child who enjoys things like jokes, goofs, gaffs, or guffaws, The show says nothing meaningful about the human condition, about loss, suffering, these are what life is about. Friendship isn't real, and I for one, have never had any "friends" because I'm too smart to communicate with most people (because they have very low IQs). This incredibly modern conundrum is exactly what post-structuralism is a critique of, and is, at the heart of it, the malaise of the conventional zeitgeist

Attached: arguing on the internet.gif (500x361, 935K)

The thing about everyone complaining about the drawings/animation is, I don't think most people would care if the show was actually fun to watch?
Steven Universe has had inconsistency issues since season 1 and that didn't become a common complaint until the show was seemingly going nowhere for a couple of seasons alongside long ass hiatuses.

SU isn't OK K.O.! OK K.O.! has always been fun to watch, and the problem with SU's art isn't being inconsistent, it's that the art itself in incredible dull in later seasons with nothing to distract from it. Really boring expressions, really mediocre stage, dull compositions, stiff animation (of which people will attempt to debate using like, 2 scenes out of 50 episodes). The early show was incredibly creative about this, in every moment there was a good sense of location, the where, the when, and the why were all conveyed incredibly well through the art (and through the show, because a lot more emphasis was put on location earlier on).
Moments like this webm are so few and far between in later SU and the character animation is so dull and lifeless in most scenes that there's nothing to look at except the poorly constructed characters

Attached: steven's lion.webm (960x540, 3M)

Attached: so many birthdays.webm (960x540, 3M)

I was using SU as an example. OK K.O.'s universe and characters never distracted me from the awful animation like with SU.

OK KO has never had awful animation. It's way more dynamic than most of SU

Attached: OK.K.O.Lets.Be.Heroes.S02E09.Point.to.the.Plaza.1080p.iT.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.H264-CtrlHD.webm (1920x1080, 750K)

so what's the complaint here, the hiatuses or the minor animation errors? because there's no correlation between the two.

>an user makes a legitimately well written post that explains why the show is bad
>KOfag just responds with a reddit tier meme to cope
really makes you think

Attached: 1565495765169.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>it's well written because I agree with it

Attached: 05 Kaiju Kitty (1080p HD).mp4_snapshot_01.18_[2018.01.13_00.39.32].jpg (681x949, 266K)

It's weird how all the mental energy you've exerted arguing for the merits of this show over the course of the past two years haven't resulted in it becoming overwhelmingly popular.

They got better with that in Season 5, but I will admit the earlier seasons did it more frequently. I imagine Ian was a big part of that and that's why it slipped in late S3/S4.

The explain why he's wrong user

Attached: 1320189754905.jpg (709x730, 31K)

explain how it's poorly written

Attached: 1564540735134.png (500x500, 220K)

the entire ending of Let's Not be Skeletons.

that's not an explanation

Samefag but okay
You can't form an argument based on an entirely unsubstantiated conclusion. Besides clearly demonstrating an argument in bad faith, thus not warranting a legitimate response, it also fails to actual prove anything. The entire argument ironically relies on the assumption that OK K.O.! doesn't stand on its own, something the post doesn't even attempt to justify, and doesn't make a single point outside of that, even repeating the point for very little reason.
So this "well written" post managed to say one thing, in the least concise way possible, that he doesn't see any value inherent in it, which, is an opinion that I don't really give much of a shit if he holds, but to call the post well-written when, whether you agree with it or not it's a redundant mess, really only means you agreed with it
how are you still seething about this episode 2 years later

>can anyone tell me what 2+2 equals? without saying "4" - what does 2+2 ACTUALLY equal?

but more importantly

Attached: mad.gif (143x131, 426K)

>can anyone tell me what 2+2 equals without saying "fish, pie or 17"
fixed that for you

>nun huh

So I've watched around 20 of the first episodes and gotta say I really dislike Enid. They always portray her as this super cool chill girl but she's kind of an asshole. Like the episode with that wizard she ignored and was pretty rude to, and the normal of the episode is just "that's just how enid is you dont get her" and she's presented as being in the right when she was being shitty. She reeks of mary sue

user don't be retarded but at least you gave a reason on why it's bad.

Attached: dumb fuck.png (211x80, 2K)

nah, it was right the first time

Attached: OK.K.O.Lets.Be.Heroes.S02E18.Crossover.Nexus.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD2.0.H.264-CtrlHD.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

what is there to explain that isn't clear by just thinking about the situation?
a show where the main characters work at a store that sells weapons and where everyone has superpowers and fight everyday, has an episode about gun control, it even has a mexican standoff scene. you can't get more ineffectual than that.

it's not seethe, it's just that that's the episode everybody remembers because of how ridiculous the whole thing is. OK KO will be remembered for 4 damning things: crossovers, not having a compelling story, looking like shit and Let's Not be Skeletons.

Attached: 1546391963890.png (1920x1080, 2.85M)

How can none like Wirt, Grim and K'nuckles winding up a punch?

this show will be forgotten in a year lol

>it's not seethe, it's just that that's the episode everybody remembers because of how ridiculous the whole thing is
You need to look outside of Yea Forums more often, literally no one but retards on Yea Forums actually care about this episode
>not having a compelling story
Yep this is why people remember Looney Tunes and Spongebob the lack of deep and rich lore.

Attached: OK.K.O.Lets.Be.Heroes.S02E18.Crossover.Nexus.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.DD2.0.H.264-CtrlHD.webm (720x480, 2.3M)

>tell me why the show is bad besides giving me the reasons why it’s bad
fag. fuck ok gayo and fuck you.

LT and Spongebob were good, unlike OK KO.

epic

Attached: 1483554596919.gif (443x465, 398K)

Star VS is already gone and that only slightly had more identity because of the Disney brand.

compelling story =/= lore
ok ko just sucks dude

>Criticism doesn't count unless it's a fucking 10 page essay backed up with every little detail from the source material.
As the user of that post, I assumed everyone here has scene the show to know exactly what I'm referring to. I'm not going to waste time by going over each little fucking detail because frankly I don't care enough to do so

And the point I was making is the core root of the show's many problems. Your counter by essentially saying "it doesn't count because it was repeated" and stale meme "hoes mad" responses doesn't devalue the point nor justify it and you're basically just dodging the argument entirely.

I'm not saying my post was the most well written thing I've ever done, frankly I still don't really care. But you dismissing it right out of the gate over really petty issues while ignoring its central point speaks volumes about you

Attached: 42131428821.png (350x262, 127K)

Worse version of Ball Masterz

I feel bad for anybody who made fanart of this shit. the only thing they did was accentuate how bad the show actually looks.

Not enough vampire MILF.

Attached: Wilhamina's Boooobs.png (2212x2225, 90K)

and thats fine, but you could have just said "I don't like it" and that'd be fine
>while ignoring its central point speaks volumes about you
See you're doing this, yet your post had one point, that you restated for no reason, that OK KO can't stand on its own, and I didn't ignore it. You just didn't justify this claim at all.
I'm all for arguing on the internet, but if you don't even attempt to justify your argument I can't do that. But I can laugh at you, if that makes you feel better

Attached: 1504060677172.jpg (332x359, 34K)

>that thread full of people redesigning ko
man that was fun to participate in

Eh there were plenty of janky dull looking episodes in S1+S2. There were plenty of good looking episodes in 3-5. It's not really as cut and dry as that and even episode TWO showed really duff boards and such. Basically what I'm trying to say here is fuck Rough Draft 75% of the time and the Crewniverse do a servicable job the other 25% but they could be doing better.

this. if you actually want to watch a shitty parody of anime that is worth your time, just watch Ballmastrz.

Attached: 1561918989452.png (960x540, 1.05M)

S2 and they can't even draw noses anymore.

>and thats fine, but you could have just said "I don't like it" and that'd be fine
No it fucking wouldn't you two faced fuck. Saying "I don't like a thing" is about as worthless a post as you can make, and one you can dismiss offhand has a shitposter and your precious perfect show can march on happily with no real criticism.

>See you're doing this
No, your point was going "lookie he repeated it, so that means there isn't one" while blatantly ignoring it.
>that OK KO can't stand on its own,and I didn't ignore it.
Because it can't. And I backed it up implicitly by bringing up the crossovers, playing with OP's stupid goddamn rules, because let's be honest here, if it weren't for those crossovers nobody would be talking about the show. Same reason why KO's design is so similar to Kid Goku's right down to having the same fucking VA in the pilot, or Boxman basically Eggman or Dr Wiley complete with Jim Cummings as the voice.

So yes, you did fucking ignore this. Either that or you're too fucking stupid to understand what I was saying.

Your disingenuous attempt to paint me as someone who can't justify their own argument is pitiful and petty since apparently you can't actually debate me and are basically summing it all up as "but he repeated his point" and "lol u mad bro".

Attached: 571937.jpg (640x480, 51K)

never thought I'd find people with good taste in an ok ko thread

Attached: 1553524636893.jpg (360x360, 7K)

>Saying "I don't like a thing" is about as worthless a post as you can make
About the same value as all the posts you've made, but it takes less time to read.

I can dismiss you as a shitposter either way, which considering you're still complaining about the 5 crossover episodes in a 100 episode show and a shared VA, I will now do anyway since you've made it clear you haven't watched the show

Attached: CSVMR26.png (390x326, 214K)

That show was derivative as fuck. Stick with the superior anime parody

Attached: DDBD2B85-C259-410F-8000-781DFDC6AABA.jpg (1000x562, 84K)

>the superior anime parody
That's cute...

Attached: KappaMikey.jpg (680x510, 173K)

So what you're saying is, you can't take that someone is criticizing your favorite show and any argument regardless of quality will be dismissed by you by virtue of simply existing and assuming I've never watched it.

Good to know, we're done here.

Attached: arrest.jpg (640x480, 56K)

it has an spastic concept, its not sure if it wants to be episodic or have lore and an ongoing plot

You can do both

man you seem mad as fuck.

You'd think Ian would've taken notes from his time on Steven Universe. Sure, the later seasons had a problem with gem and townie stuff became segregated, but at least with the latter it's still Steven at the forefront of it dealing with his friends. The lore is always there in the background and doesn't really hamper the slice of life and vice versa unless you just really don't like townie episodes as a concept rather than on a case by case basis. I really do think KO had identity issues and I've seen many here echo the same sentiment. I'm not happy it's cancelled, but Ian had experience with showrunning alongside Rebecca and he should have picked his poison before hitting the start button.

they're nothing alike, user. stop being silly.

Gun control episode
Off model
Dropped this show long before crossovers

it tries to do so many things at once and ends up doing most of those things poorly

this

Have you seen SU? The problem is when they stopped doing lore episodic stuff and went whole hog into lore. The first season had a bunch of episodic stuff with lore mixed in. You can't watch later episodes unless youve seen all the ones before and theyre all shit

>"Ian is one of us!"
no wonder it's shit.

Attached: 1561996400184.png (1480x1080, 2.22M)

Yes I have seen all of SU and the later episodes are just fine continuity-wise. Most arcs are pretty self contained and plainly signposted as to what's going on.

not when you do it so half assed

I personally love the show and some things like being off model are what made me like it in the first place.
I did cringe at the gun control episode and never cared for the crossovers.

The show has great moments like the episode where KO meets holo-jane and gets freaked out by his mom at the end.
Or venomous being actually evil and being able to clone the good guys just to kill them for the lulz (and my R34 fantasies)

Attached: 66152229_354761605189806_5980358269682689773_n.jpg (240x240, 9K)

This. Feels like a Newgrounds series done with a budget.

>Trying too hard to emulate what inspired it without taking the time and effort to become something that stands on its own two feet, ironically exactly the "arc" of the entire show for KO, being in the shadow of other "heroes", idolizing them, while trying desperately wanting to be among them.

Oh shit. user fucking nailed it.

lackluster "action" scenes, terrible attempt at comedy,lack of kid goku's voice, lying fucks...

Why did they replace the va?

it's good

they said it was a scheduling issue

You expect bitter 30 year old incels to appreciate a cartoon without
>Littler girl protagonist
>Muh animation must have this and that
>Pseudo intelligent plot they think is completely revolutionary
Yea Forums has shit opinion, ok ko is great and very funny for what it is and I also can't believe I'm yet again replying to this bait thread

>Summer Camp Chads
It's not even the best summer camp cartoon user, don't kid yourself.

Attached: 167c545960f4f0f5331d2b6eb485a56e.png (608x991, 448K)

If nothing else, I'll give OK KO credit for being the first Cartoon Network property in 20 years to acknowledge The Moxy Show.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.29.02 PM.png (1092x1064, 1.31M)

you are on the chopping block with those ratings

why not give it credit for how well animated that scene was instead
tv ratings do not matter

Attached: OKKO Red Action No Sound.webm (720x405, 1.89M)

the animation is pretty average to be honest

Yeah, but in the pic you posted she looks like the bastard daughter of the Grinch. Try posting actual cute Fink next time.

Attached: SewerBaby.png (1920x1080, 1.8M)

There actually was something there besides sonic references, the worst story pacing on the planet. The central conflict doesn’t appear for 3 minutes into the 11 minute episode, and it takes all of 5 seconds to develop.
Which is really more indicative of the show as a whole, it always suffered un the story department, but it tried to have a overarching plot at the same time.

Sorry Angelica is never going to be a bright spot. I've been dying on this hill since I was 8.

Yeah, it’ll be hard to forget the gun control music number where he literally says “these things need to be controlled.” I guarantee you in like 6 years when the show is mostly forgotten, there will be countless YouTube reviewers bringing it up As a “yes, this actually happened!” Moment like when Captain Planet battled aids or when sonic told you how not to get molested

Based

Guy should hit the gym, better to be ugly and fit than ugly and fat

>such a thing as noncute finks
I'll bet you think bigfoot is real.

Attached: 1550557735960.jpg (1920x1080, 397K)

Attached: me.jpg (1010x1010, 114K)

Don't you get tired of making this same thread over and over?

Lazy art, stupid jokes, generic characters, cumbrain shit, literally too many crossovers even when it's a new shit instead of a long runner, using videogames to gain attention but failing until the forced sonic crossover

Special attention in the lazy art,that literally definds the current state of cartoon Network,most of their shows have the same shitty and lazy art style and that's why all the crossovers aren't special

Literally forgettable and nothing of value is going to be missed after the cancellation

Attached: Louie.jpg (1024x733, 95K)

Do either of these characters even look like they do on the top anymore? I remember noticing the characters slowly starting to get more and more off model with each season. I watched some of the newest season and I can't even remember the last time I saw Gar that big.

>cumbrain
Fucking redditfags and their meme of the month bullshit.

Dilate trannie

I just realized we are never going to get a back story on how Venomous found Fink.

Summer can't end soon enough.

Don't know if anyone else agrees, but I seriously can't stand the writing. With each season the characters are written to be increasingly child-like and grating, with the exception of a few like Prof Venomous. I hate what they did with the Boxbots, I miss when they were supposed to be angsty asshole teenagers and not literal toddlers.

This

As a KOfag, I can perfectly understand your point. I believe that it’s up to preference if you enjoy how it’s a mash up of various properties.

It's honestly quite OK if you don't mind shitty animation quality and the fanboy mentality premiating the show.

why is she so cute

Attached: 1532897166127.jpg (1200x800, 118K)

pow pow

it's a simple, unpretentious cartoony cartoon, which upsets people who want to think of themselves as mature connoisseurs of children's cartoons, who complain about irrelevant things like scenes being drawn differently as if it's worthwhile input

>Snooze Camp Virgins
>Chads

Attached: 1565648531926.png (292x363, 83K)

Attached: 1522617862598.jpg (580x435, 146K)

We have this thread everyday.
If you're actually mad about people not liking this show, then stay mad faggot.
If you don't like this show and just want to bait out a thread, shut the fuck up already autist.
If you actually like this show, then talk about the show and not why people hate it retard.
We have this conversation with the same assmad anons every fucking day in this fucking board.

Do people even give a fuck about this while watching the show?

You shouldn't strive to be lazy with art but being off model doesn't matter if it's not distracting enough to ruin a scene. Shit man I'd go as far as argue this being off model ended up being more interesting than if it matched the model completely considering the mileage of discussion it brought.

the thing about that scene as well is that gar has a tendency to deflate or calm physically, he becomes less wide shouldered when he's relaxed around carol more to his younger appearances when he wasn't so uptight, but the shitposters have been explained this uncountable times and don't fucking care context and conveying emotion be dammed a beat stick is a beat stick.

Attached: .png (819x362, 449K)

>I'm posting it again

Glad you've come to accept your autism, faggot. You're finally taking proper steps forward.

Attached: obsessed autist.png (1920x1080, 371K)

Relies too much on unoriginality with everything being some sort of reference to popular media. It's a similar issue that SU has but the difference is that SU at least doesn't make it the main focus of the show (though it doesn't excuse it). Yeah it's been an old tradition for a cartoon to have an episode or few parodying another thing or point fun at cliches found within a certain genre, but those were things that were added on top of a solid base. OK KO is instead what you get when you make a show out of all those innacurate Chinese bootleg merchandise of other IPs and reuse age old plot points that numerous other cartoons have already trodden to death on.

>I got BTFO'd by a fan of a show I hate so I'm leaving

This is what happens when someone calls you out for believing your shit opinions without backing it up lmao

Attached: cartoon kek.jpg (720x912, 177K)

Except the jokes were the references in that episode, unlike Sonic Boom where they had jokes about references while also having jokes about other shit.

ITT
>People deflecting by assuming the show's critics didn't watch it, and then samefagging with 'Yeah I didn't watch it' to continue shitting up the thread with deflecting
>People spamming the same 3 or 4 images they always do for whatever reason
>The rare legitimate criticism that gets 0 replies because it wasn't bait
>Single-issue posters that always bring up the same piece of criticism multiple times in the thread
>That guy who likes the show but isn't retarded and rightfully points out it's faults

You mean itt hoes mad

OK KO felt like a show that oddly enough was pandering to Yea Forums. It referenced a bunch of old shit only oldfag anons would get and the sensibility for the humor was basically orchestrated to be very easily exploited for reaction images and memes. Not to mention every girl character being porn bait.
I think that's the problem, it tried too hard to be liked by a very specific crowd of people, but ended up alienating zoomers and annoying the boomers who did get the pulls. It only got worse when the show got this sense of unearned smugness to it.

Even if you removed the Yea Forums bait part of this argument, I think that's a major part of why people didn't like the show. Instead of earning the audience's endearment to the characters, it kinda just artificially forced the characters into having "moments" without any of the necessary build up of characterization for it to mean anything. Every single character is a poochie. The staff also kept trying to flex some kind of animator cred any chance they could in and around the show, but it doesn't have any punch if the animation's just kind of lazy.

All in all, it felt like a very pretentious show. Not that it was trying to be deep, but that it was basically putting up a bunch of pretenses on why people should think its good, at the expense of screentime that should've been used to muster up real quality entertainment.

And that's coming from someone who likes the fucking thing.

Attached: 1490640152533.jpg (548x546, 276K)

>is it that big of a deal
it is when you see the characters shapeshift before your very eyes and what is peddling that characters change form to reflect their emotional state is a filthy lie.
here's Gar in two different episodes and the context is clear, Gar is walking out of the scene and he's yelling on stage. why is he then, on model when he's nonchalantly walking out but he's deflated when he's supposed to be furiously yelling at a microphone?

there's no explanation other than the people who work on this simply don't give a shit about the cartoon they're making and should receive heavy criticism and extensive ridicule. simple as that.

Attached: 1548846982387.png (700x504, 488K)

Stay mad how, stay mad

this wall of text reminded me of Let's Watch the Pilot.
good lord, what a pretentious attempt at grandstanding, that's pretty much the one that put me off the whole thing.

I am not much of a fan of the thing but here's my thoughts on it:

It has everything Yea Forums needs to have fun, but Yea Forums is currently filled with people who hate fun and shoves politics into everything.

was bad*

don't forget the super funny and clever guy spamming hoes mad

doesn't matter.
the show is officially gonna be dead soon. you guys can circlejerk over what little show you have left.
one less annoying fanbase on Yea Forums, thank christ.

Attached: 1563253769552.jpg (958x710, 143K)

Exactly

The show switched art directors a few times

Is this the zoomer way of saying “U mad bro?”

That too. Season 5's definitely felt like a step up compared to 4 which was too often static in a lot of shots.

take away the easy go-tos, huh? that's like asking why being lit on fire is so terrible without mentioning severe burns, pain, and high chance of death

but if you wanna know
>shitty writing
>shitty character design
>shitty voice acting
>shitty animation
>shitty action
>shitty tie-in video games
>shitty references
all to make one big pile of shit that got so unwatched, it's getting cancelled years before Ian ever wanted it to

Executive meddling, poor pacing, and even poorer management.

OK KO shares a lot of issues with SU from executive meddling/bad management. It wants to be an episodic Saturday morning cartoon but also have a deeply connected lore/plot. However they also want to have 11 minute episodes along with "bomb" format similar to Stranger Things or other Netflix/Amazon shows.

The bomb format kills pacing as everything is released all at once, encouraging binge watching rather than slowly absorbing the show if it was syndicated. Bomb formats work for shows like Stranger Things because each episode is at last an hour with the next episode being connected and/or a refresher of the previous eps. OK KO/SU tries to do this but in 11 minutes instead on top of having non-sequitur episodes that are completely separate from the main plot. So not only are they rushing themselves for time, their also wasting time with filler.

OK KO also cannot do stakes or actual tension in a worthwhile manner. It wants to be absurdist like Teen Titans GO but also have it's mystery/thriller elements against Boxmore, Venomous, etc. This could work in theory, but only if they had more than 11 minutes and they cut out the filler. So each episode boils down to 7 minutes of wacky nonsense, 2 minutes of action/tension, 1 minute wrap-up/screen fade, and the last minute to roll credits. This works in TTGO because nothing is supposed to be taken seriously as it's supposed to be 11 minutes of randumb distraction. It doesn't work for OK KO/SU because they want the show to be taken seriously and have weight between episodes.
>TL;DR
OK KO is managed like a typical Netflix/Amazon series but half-assed at every point. Half the budget, half the production/show time, half the story, and definitely half the quality.

Attached: fc2.jpg (582x597, 32K)

>The bomb format kills pacing as everything is released all at once, encouraging binge watching rather than slowly absorbing the show if it was syndicated. Bomb formats work for shows like Stranger Things because each episode is at last an hour with the next episode being connected and/or a refresher of the previous eps. OK KO/SU tries to do this but in 11 minutes instead on top of having non-sequitur episodes that are completely separate from the main plot. So not only are they rushing themselves for time, their also wasting time with filler.

Another person who fell for the 'bombing meme'.

Look no one is going to sit a week and wait for the next show unless its fucking amazing or have no choice.

People wait several months if not close to a year for the next Steven Bomb or OK KO bomb. Mostly because they have no choice since being amazing is subjective.

Also I do believe SU/OK KO could work the bomb format but only if they were constant 30 minute episodes (at least 30 min to 1hr) and tried to integrate the townie/background stuff into the main story like Stranger Things does. As it stands, OK KO is trying to be two different shows at the same time and failing, just like KO trying to balance being TKO.

Attached: Deduct Reductives.png (593x403, 160K)

>Watching Freeman's mind while jacking it to rule 34 and /aco/

it looks like shit, so i just don't bother.

based?

Iz not.