This show was great, I can't believe I missed it when it was airing. What does Yea Forums think of China IL...

This show was great, I can't believe I missed it when it was airing. What does Yea Forums think of China IL? Babycakes best boy

Attached: file.png (1080x608, 453K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/TheRealBradNeely
youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg
youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAo
youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE
youtube.com/watch?v=ttt2paTXSwM
youtube.com/watch?v=hT8h4UmuN1Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cm_iv_lUh6Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The youtube show was better.

I caught it right as it ended, it was hilarious at first but fizzled near the end. Glad it ended when it did otherwise I think the "new" last season would have been garbage

Attached: people like you.jpg (680x527, 60K)

I think that I'd fuck Pony.

Youtube show, you say?

Attached: 1563841191168.png (710x599, 81K)

As someone who's never seen the "original" I liked it. Does my opinion count?

that was my first thought when I spotted OP's post

It should, OP here, didn't even know there was a youtube version.

Giving the eyes pupils was a terrible choice

the shorts are waaay better

You should check some of them out, they’re funny in a weird way.
youtube.com/user/TheRealBradNeely

The cartoon is good but weaker than the original youtube shorts, which could be a lot freer in structure.

youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg
youtube.com/watch?v=K7y2xPucnAo

Look up "realbradneely" on youtube, he posted all the original Baby Cakes and Professor Bros. shorts that were posted on Super Deluxe and served as the prototype for the series. There's even a pilot done in his limited animation style. A lot of people argue that these shorts he did by himself have a lot more charm and insight than the series did. I'm inclined to agree, but I'm just happy Neely got some exposure

youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE

Attached: 1466281320006.jpg (480x360, 50K)

true but
it was awesome. I need to watch this again.
I love how the songs continued to be excellent

This, China Ill was way too long and up its own ass. Also the girl character was obviously shoved because some exect

You lose a great deal from Brad Neely's shtick without the stream-of-consciousness diary-style narration driving the whole thing. I don't know if they could have built a show out of all monologues but they should have tried to

loved the show and love brad neely's vids in general. One of the few 2000s internet animators whos work aged like wine. Wish the show was done in scribble style instead of this clean and boring looking flash, though

>it's 5:45 and I got 5.45

>This is the first of many for him.
A-any day now

You don't ever see nothing about Sclopio Peepio though?

Attached: sclopio.jpg (800x534, 35K)

It wasn't any good.

Fruit Blood was okay

It's such a shame we don't get stuff like this from the internet anymore. Wizard People was such a ridiculous treat.

Pony existed before CN gave Neely a show. He had China IL shorts in his youtube and she appeared in those.

My friends and I quoted the Sodom and Gomorrah and Late Date videos endlessly. The writing and voice of the brothers was incredible.

"Sodom was named for sodomy and Gomorrah was named for an EVEN WEIRDER thing they did."

The show was ok but it suffered from being too long and not focusing on the monologues. The best parts were the songs.

Would you accept the tenure Yea Forums?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28K)

Attached: file.png (498x348, 152K)

My friend recommended me the show back when it was airing its third season. She always thought the webtoons were better and I'm inclined to agree. Plus I prefer s1's 10 minute structure to the 30 minute ones the later seasons had.

i was in college at the time struggling with a science class and the episode where pony had to race to register her classes and is asked if college is worth it made me fucking cry.

I liked it.
neat songs
the girl extras were cute
my favorite skit was the one feat Andre 3000

Attached: tumblr_ob96u42id41ro3ogeo5_500.gif (480x480, 599K)

This is why Wizard People: Dear Reader will forever be his magnum opus.

I talked about it when it was on, but I'm gonna admit, I fucking forgot about it the second it was over.
what a fucking stupid idea: take a guy who's known for occasionally putting out funny shorts, and make him CRANK THEM THE SHIT OUT
it's like Interdimensional Cable 2, it sucked because it was clearly forced and he was on empty.
the only one I really remember was
>I stayyyy naked
because I need more cartoons like that. I need that uncensored
oh also
>Kitty in a window, kitty in a close-up, kitty in a motherfuckin jarrrr

the FIRST version
not the redone version. fuck that version.

She was voiced by Greta Gertwig, and serves as a reminder that even if you voice a lameass character on an adultswim cartoon someday you might just win an oscar

I dont remember her being in any. he'd have to have, like, hired a girl to do her voice.
I liked her though. Gonna name my daughter Pony if I ever get laid.

It was bad. I can't believe we gave up a great show like China Illinois for a dumpster fire like Sclopio Peepio.

why do people think every show that comes after another show was its replacement?

You take remarks on the internet too literally.

The youtube series is solid fucking gold and the Substitute is the best episode.

>I'm telling you right now
>I AM going to fuck this up

Attached: the_substitute.png (1001x751, 763K)

From the concept Sclopio could have been a return to the story/song format of the youtube videos, but it just didn't have the consistency.

This one always gets a laugh out of me though
youtube.com/watch?v=ttt2paTXSwM

First version? Redone version?

I remember being extremely confused due to somewhat misleading title. Good show none the less

I love that short and the premise of putting everything into strength to the point that you could sink a ship by throwing something at the hull.

Just one girly
At the tourney
And it's kill or be killed.

Same, it petered out immediately after season 2 and even then Season 2 had a few stinkers. I'm gonna chalk it up to the guy not working on it anymore so the greenhorns fucked it up due to not understanding what they should do. Worst change off the bat is that shitty constant music ensemble that added nothing and only existed to autistically fill in any silent gaps between speaking lines.

youtube.com/watch?v=hT8h4UmuN1Q

Attached: pacha.png (557x605, 198K)

my dog is a ghost

youtube.com/watch?v=cm_iv_lUh6Y

Glowskins
Crevice jellies
And special usage oils

YouTube was peak Baby Cakes. Adult Swim was peak Frank.

QUEEBLO 002 WHEN?

FUCK BRAD NEELY

Haven't seen the comic but love the show.
Fuck off comicfags!

>yeah you know, I retract my Logans
>I ease up and I slay with slogans

Attached: 71DHhOBq3ML.jpg (1496x2141, 187K)

absolutely, the tv show, other than having similar characters, had nothing to do with the youtube shorts.

Is that Bendis?

Absolutely loved the show. Liked it more than the online series but still enjoyed that as well.

She existed as an unvoiced background character vaguely related to the professor brothers. She showed up in one Christmas short and in the China Il. pilot where she laughs once at something Steve says.

There's two versions, the transcript is largely the same in both. In the second dub he sounds a lot more enthusiastic and it's a little more professional. The first one he's a little more monotone and leaves in a bit where he just starts laughing at himself. Both have their charm.

Well that was a sweet pitch, GAAAAAAYbe.

for every good sketch there was 2 bad ones, works better on youtube.

I must have heard the redo, then.

Is the first available anywhere? I could have sworn that when I got Wizard People, there was only the one version.

we're not getting queeblo 2 are we

thank god

Pretty sure she was also the girl from the DnD short.

I enjoyed it. Get super stoned late night and binging it was a quick watch and pretty entertaining. A lot of the songs are great and the ones that aren't still kinda hold up in a "Wtf" kinda way. The intro was fantastic.

I could watch stupid ass musical shorts from Brad Neely all day. they're quick enough that the bad skits don't ruin the good ones for me and I think Neely's work overall works best in a short format rather than a 20 minute plot format like China IL (But China IL is great. I love the final episode with the musical but the gorilla is too depressing so I skip it once it gets to her)

I've got the giant manboy body to pull off a Baby Cakes cosplay but I don't want to shave off my facial hair. Do they make bald caps for beards?

Fruit blood was great going in blind.

There's some drag queens that do drag with their beards without doing the "bearded queen" look so there might be tutorials online in that community.

yeah, wizards use them all the time

to quote a bible, "the water monster is right, catman. They are among us."

Attached: 20190814_125825.jpg (995x780, 101K)