THEY'RE FINALLY GETTING MARRIED

deadline.com/2019/08/cbs-and-viacom-finally-re-tie-the-knot-merging-after-13-years-as-separate-companies-1202665588/amp/

Attached: images (6).jpg (288x175, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theslanted.com/2019/08/34406/cbs-all-access-kids-content-cartoons/
youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4
youtube.com/watch?v=XjrkKJ3cHn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How'd they even separate in the first place?

Everyone say "Thank You Based Disney for making this possible"

Oh cool Satan and Lilith are in bed again

So Yea Forums wise, what does CBS bring to the table? Viacom has Nickelodeon, TMNT and (soon) Garfield. What Yea Forums content belongs to CBS?

Part of Star Trek

oh cool now disney can just buy them out together

Recently they announced a Star Trek cartoon.

Attached: ezgif-4-abbbfed39409.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

...for gays and blacks, approximately 0% of the star trek fanbase.

When is Disney going to buy them out?

CBS Access is expanding its kids content.

theslanted.com/2019/08/34406/cbs-all-access-kids-content-cartoons/

Future Nicktoons could end up there.

So there back together again? Interesting

>So there back together again?
uh yeah i think that's the takeaway here

>kids content.
but this is an 18+ website

user childrens cartoons are the only thing anyone discusses on this board

Go to the comics side of Yea Forums sometimes.

We'll occasionally talk about something actually for adults.

there's like 10 threads explicitly about comics and most of them are storytimes

>...for gays and blacks, approximately 0% of the star trek fanbase.

Trekkers were really happy about openly gay Sulu and his husband in Star Trek Beyond and Discovery was really well received by the fanbase. What are you on about, bigot?

This is now a Channel-tan thread. Post ones you like.

Attached: tumblr_o89ud9ypFp1u7nzyzo1_400.png (400x320, 87K)

no fuck off

I'm saddened that it only turned into another waifufag central and artist drama.

I watch cartoons, of course, but I personally watch them with the fact that they're kids cartoons in mind, meaning that I shouldn't get angry at them.

why does this nonsense excite you capitalist bootlickers??? this isnt even comics

>Main Channel tan designs are female
>surprised that Yea Forums turned it into another shit flinging waifufag drama

SIX KITTY COMPANIES RUN EVERYTHING
youtube.com/watch?v=0-Lvv1f5Qu4

CBS is getting cartoons back because Litton sucks.

>AT&T and WB merge
>Disney eats Fox
>Now CBS and Viacom
Hey it's not a monopoly because there's more than one

They talk about movie adaptations for children

>Disney is a chestlet
Bad character design

And oddly only one of these three got any semblance of an outcry, the other two deals aren't even mainstream knowledge.

>Nu-network designs
Yeah.
No.
CN is especially cancerous looking

Attached: 1558150449305.jpg (714x647, 107K)

I'm not sure which one you are talking about. Is it the AT&T merger? AT&T and WB almost got cockblock in court but that's more because of Trump hates CNN. If anything, that one is one that actually isn't a monopoly because it's a vertical merger.

To my knowledge CBS doesn't even do anything cartoon-related; it's all news, late night Colbert and friends shit and daytime soap operas.

But Viacom and CBS have both been struggling so obviously the solution is just to keep consolidating power to keep the traditional media alive a little longer.

The Disney and Fox merger has been on everyones mind since last year constantly, I see people on every social media decrying it and saying how its the death of media in our culture, no one in general are talking about the AT+WB merger nor this.

>no one in general are talking about the AT+WB merger nor this.
Because ATT/WB and Viacom/CBS are mergers. They're fusions. Disney buying out Fox is one beast eating a smaller beast. Disney getting larger is a problem.

CBS and Viacom currently split the rights to Mighty Mouse, so there's that.
And there's the new Star Trek cartoon

Interesting to know, because Bloomberg all the other financial news were all over the AT&T merger covering the case and talking about how the Justice Department fucked up the arguments. I guess that really goes to show how much the public pay attention to the news and what kind of news we each consume

I would argue that the AT&T/WB merger is the bigger problem because of the magnitude and precedence it sets. Disney getting more and more bloated is by no means a good thing, but the AT&T WB merger opens the door for more incestuous dealings, which Disney can take advantages of by buddying up with another service provider

If you followed the lines you'd know this is happening
Both were fucked without a streaming service. They might not compete with HBO/Disney in that angle but they will have a respectable one now and aren't totally fucked
Now Netflix, they are fucked

Netflix is either going to buy a content creator or gets bought by a content creator
Unless they do something really out of the left field like merging with T-Mobile or something

I thought you people are kidding when you say there are legit shills on this board

Netflix will be dead/irrelevant in five years time; we're watching its bubble burst in real time.

Netflix should honestly try to buy National Amusement, they can probably prop up the theater brands for a few years longer than the Redstones would be able to and owning Viacom would be helpful

>(soon) Garfield.

Attached: where do you think we are john - garfield 1359005148495.png (581x479, 150K)

Hilarious post.

Fucking finally, they have been talking about this since 2016.

>in a new entity to be called ViacomCBS Inc
At least we know who tops in this relationship.

STAR TREK WILL FINALLY BE UNFUCKED HALLEJUAH

i'd prefer if they were designed after fictional branding, complete with a made-up logo so they wouldn't look so cancerous and trendy

speaking of Viacom, did anyone notice Cyma Zarighami being shown to have a wish cabinet in the Fairly OddParents episode "Escape from Unwish Island"?

They've separated merged again several times because the government keeps saying they're a monopoly.

Comics are for kids. Read a real book.

Will CBS bring back Saturday morning Nick shows?

youtube.com/watch?v=XjrkKJ3cHn4

Fun times.

Attached: media consolidation.jpg (800x7750, 1.04M)

Books are for insane escapists. Read a real newspaper.

>ViacomCBS
>not ColumVia just for the pun

>daytime [English] soap operas
Wait, they still air those? What kind of audience are they airing those for when Netflix already has the fares the stay-at-home mom demographic needs?

Literally old people.

>That green alien girl

Attached: pretty_kek_dude.jpg (1280x532, 147K)

The government only tore apart CBS and Viacom(then known as CBS Films/Enterprises) once and that was due to the Syn-Fin rule to where broadcast companies couldn't own syndication firms. The other time they demerged was due to old man Redstone, who was in his 80's at the time, decided to split the company and divide the company into "New" media(Viacom) and "Old" media(CBS) thinking that CBS was an albatross on Viacom's neck. That was proven false, thanks to horrible corporate mismanagement from Viacom's then CEO Phillipe Dauman.

Only Viacom and Time Warner looked good, then again, I'm a husbando fag and Vi's lore was legendary.

these hairstyles are not starfleet compliant
fuck animators and their skewed perception of what the average person looks like

>Vi's lore was legendary.
What was his lore again.

An amalgamation of an eldritch being and a surprisingly good dad, but also in an incestuous relationship with CBS who both hates him and wants to be with him. It was complicated, but that was in part to Viacom being a complicated company in real life.

Attached: viacom-cbs-timeline.png (926x1024, 266K)

so this means, after all those years Star Trek will FINALLY be fixed?

Attached: 1494169752375.jpg (736x1031, 143K)

Yea they are, sidecut men/women edition has been complaint since the Kelvin universe.
Hear pulled back into ponytail has been complaint since TNG (see Deanna Troi in her long hair incarnations)
Guy on the end I guess would be closest to Tom Paris or Harry Kim so it's been legal since Voyager.
Also if M'ress' hair is complaint than you've got nothing to complain about.

I will not demean this board by mentioning Wesley

Attached: MRess.jpg (550x480, 30K)

The big one is Star Trek.
Have you ever wondered why modern Star Trek feels nothing like what the franchise is meant to be?

Well, that's because CBS owns all of the old Star Trek properties and merch. Viacom had to rebrand Star Trek.

what did you honestly expect

it almost looked like Netflix was going to be saved by Viacom throwing all their content onto the streaming service

So as of this deal, all American media boils down to just four companies:
Disney
ViacomCBS
Time Warner
Sony

Yeah, no. It's beyond saving.

And Comcast/NBCUniversal

Please remake neopets or fix the damn site.