What happened to this?

What happened to this?

Attached: tcats_roar_series_poster.0.jpg (1200x675, 130K)

its still in dev, but they decided to keep it "in a dead status"

Attached: such a royal kek.png (435x435, 183K)

It's quietly coming out
Still don't think we know when

It'll probably be dumped on Boomerang before the end of the year.

This

this was a mistake

Cartoon network hopefully coming to their since and stop green lighting shit.

>Are we there yet, are we there yet...
As soon as anything is known, anons will gladly make multiple threads about it. You can stop asking every so often.

If CN doesn't talk about it, it's probably getting dumped on Boomerang

Maybe they're making good animation to compensate the calarts style.
I said maybe....

Summer camp island and craig of the creek are still running sadly

Naaaah.

>What happened to this?

Super 7 announced Wave 1 of their ThunderCats line and, surprise, it's the OG ThunderCats. Why aren't they doing the Roar characters? I thought that version was going to be super popular only only manbaby incels are upset about it? Shouldn't the new toyline be based on that version and not the shitty crappy no good OG version?

Attached: EByxP0vWsAcG6_1.jpg (1400x1400, 143K)

Fingers fucking crossed.

It's still a children's cartoon being made for children and not overgrown manbabies who should not be watching children's cartoons.

Now it's clearly not superior to the original; but kids today have ADD and need funny expressions fast IN THE VEINS and they're accurately tailoring the show for them.

Why does Turner keep greenlighting Thundercats cartoons that aren't like the old toys and then silently canning them when they aren't like the old toys?

Part of me hope it doesn't come out. I agree with the backlash and was bothered by the animation industry tripping over itself to label criticism "toxic" and pretending that kids don't like action cartoons. False narratives abounded. People who lucked into the industry started walking around like they were so far above everyone who criticized them.

At the same time, I'm dreading the discourse if it doesn't come out, because those same people will talk about it as if it was going to be some unseen gem that "basement dwellers" held down.

It's a lose lose situation, much like being a fan of animation in general, these days.

There are people on twitter who storyboard for it and continue to talk about how excited they are to see it released.

>People who lucked into the industry started walking around like they were so far above everyone who criticized them.
Am I the only one who considers pic related somewhat threatening? It’s like she’s saying “c’mon, reply to this with something nasty about ‘Roar’, and God forbid your an animation student, you’ll get your ass blacklisted!” It’s like in the face of knowing how much pushback there was, she’s still bragging about working in the show instead of quietly going about her life.

Or am I just looking too hard at it?

Attached: 9CE5D59B-667C-49F0-97EC-BF31D5E981C2.jpg (1185x1291, 876K)

That would require them actually make cartoons with effort again. And we can't have that.

How is that threatening? a statement of interest in a product isn't a tacit threat. What sort of Qanon neckbeard garbage have you been smoking? this is conspiracy level thinking.

I wouldn't say that she's trying to bait people. She's probably still happy to be working on a show with people she likes, and I don't doubt there is an element of fun being had.

It's like with that Tim Burton Superman movie that was never made. Everyone on the outside can tell it would be a mess if it ever got made, but the people working on it were having a blast.

I don't doubt though for a second though that people in the animation industry have this "blacklisting" mindset underneath all the positivity, though. The curtain on that has been pulled back.

Cartoon Network tried rebooting Thundercats in 2011 as a series, anime-styled action cartoon full of deepest lore and high stakes.

Every single one of you so-called Thundercats fans rejected outright.

Cartoon Network tried rebooting Thundercats in 2018 as a goofy, funny comedy cartoon for kids.

Every single one of you so-called Thundercats fans rejected outright, but this time with a VENGEANCE. Fuck all of you. You don't deserve ANYTHING.

that's because both are terrible.

I'm afraid CN cancelled OKKO for this.

>I'm afraid CN cancelled OKKO for this.

Why? It's pretty much a lateral move in quality and content.

I was totally for nu-Thundercats. It was cancelled before its time.
I also liked the original.

>you
Yea Forums is not a single person, tardlet

the crew knew OKKO was cancelled over a year ago. Plus, thats a CN production. Thundercats is a WB production.

any show developed between 2017-2019 is affected by the streaming wars going on in the tv industry. all the networks are holding off on big premieres for their streaming app debuts. pushed back owl house and animaniacs too, aside from others.

>Every single one of you so-called Thundercats fans rejected outright.
It got cancelled because Chima toys were cheaper.

different studios user, and the fact that despite memes, teen titans go cannot run forever and they need something to fill the hole it will leave in there market.

More people need to know that 90% of action shows get cancelled because of toy related reasons and not general ratings.
At a talk Genndy said that the reason SymBionic Titan got cancelled was the studio had a choice to produce toys for either SBT or Generator Rex and they went with the latter.

I watched it and I liked it.

>Cartoon Network tried rebooting Thundercats in 2011 as a series, anime-styled action cartoon full of deepest lore and high stakes.

It had a good start, but it seemed like if they repaced the competent writers from the first episodes with fanfiction writers from deviantart.

>the reason SymBionic Titan got cancelled was the studio had a choice to produce toys for either SBT or Generator Rex and they went with the latter.

Shame, I would loved this as a toy.

Attached: ce0dd11485e51b2e1236dd10db57972ed69ecdcd_hq.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

Maybe, it's going to be one season of failure and everyone will just forget it. The backlash for this was just too great, no one wanted to see the Thundercats turned into this.

>Maybe, it's going to be one season of failure and everyone will just forget it. The backlash for this was just too great, no one wanted to see the Thundercats turned into this.

Nah. What'll happen is that Roar will be deified by certain types as a hilarious satire and the best version of ThunderCats in franchise history, except it was cruelly cancelled to appease manbabies and incels and misogynists who couldn't accept it because of women or LGBTQs or something.

So the same way the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot is regarded. You know it was a shit movie. I know it was a shit movie. It failed because it was a shit movie, but the narrative now and forever is that it was hilarious, best comedy of the year, better than the original, but it failed because men are pigs.

The original Thundercats was shit too. It’s been consistently awful from the start.

>
Every single one of you so-called Thundercats fans rejected outright.

Wut

I liked it

>So the same way the 2016 Ghostbusters reboot is regarded. You know it was a shit movie. I know it was a shit movie. It failed because it was a shit movie, but the narrative now and forever is that it was hilarious, best comedy of the year, better than the original, but it failed because men are pigs.

The fact that IDW is still, 3 years after the movie flopped, forcing the 2016 Answer the Call characters into their Ghostbusters comic is baffling. Nobody likes them. Nobody wants them. Sales on the book have been dropping ever since they put them in. It's been THREE years. JUST FUCKING STOP!

Eh, while I liked it, the writing was horribly inconsistent. Lion O forgetting lessons learned in previous episodes, the Tigra wanking, etc.

Is this the new "Mattel would never make nu-Ra toys because they hate it"?

>Thundercats fans hate the reboot
lmao what fans?
the ones that were silent for-fucking-ever about the damn thing and also hated the weeb reboot?
everyone who's shitting on ROAR is not a true fan, they're reactionary retards looking for something to yell about and not actually looking to fix or work towards anything.

Attached: 1553405145268.gif (500x374, 1.7M)

Fix or work towards what? Having an opinion you can agree with?

>Fix or work towards what?
actually communicating with the industry about what they want, instead they went to shitpost on twitter and have calarts threads.

They have emphatically stated they do not care what the fans want. They've repeatedly made it clear, "it's not for you."
In which case, that's fine. If the show's not for me, I won't watch it. Simple.

Okay, Nico.

Ture

>anons
That's a funny way to spell "interns". Or "Manbun McGee".

TCR is decent bait tho. Even if the crew doesn't shill it someone else is sure to shitpost about it.

but there's nothing about Roar that comes accross as progressive: a chunk of the hate Roar had gotten was on tumblr by the type of people who complain about shit being problematic (though they weren't hating on Roar for "this looks problematic" reasons, they just thought it looked like shit)

The actual crew of roar has never said that. it was nico and a bunch of other random animators on twitter that repeatedly said it. somehow the crew got all the heat even tho they were essentially silent on social media.

Trannies making it are dragging their feet because even the calarts minimum is too much work these days.

I don't want a fake-ass anime and I don't want tranny calarts. I'm perfectly happy getting nothing if those are my only options.

Attached: shrug.jpg (251x200, 10K)

And the Gen Rex toys sold like shit.
Thanks CN.

It is because Mattel/Super 7 is incapable of catering to anyone but 80'sfags since they are a sure thing every time.
Plus a big reason they keep making old looks is so they can use the same He-Man Classics base bodies over and over and over for all eternity.

But Thundercats 2011 was pretty good and has a moderately sizable fan base among Thundercats fans.
There were people who didn't like it for legitimate reasons and people who didn't like it because of the usual 'why reboot no exactly same as original?' reasons but it didn't get the universal hatred that Roar got.

Damn.
Doesn't change my opinion on whether or not I want to watch this, but that's unfortunate.

>Cartoon Network tried rebooting Thundercats in 2011 as a series, anime-styled action cartoon full of deepest lore and high stakes.

thats a lie. most people were excited based off the artwork and liked the pilot. then the series started and writing was worse, but a lot held hope, then the season finale happened, and tried to play the viewers like we were morons, and most people jumped off the train

Fucking Nico.
Why can't some people just keep their mouths shut and their heads down?

I can't help but wonder if the reason he says the shit he does is to pretend he's defending other show runners while sabotaging them by saying the absolutely most stupid shit just to get people to hate them.

I like your typo implies that CN has never had actual sense anr thus has nothing to come to.

Attached: jonathan-frakes-star-trek-discovery-interview-750x480.jpg (750x480, 40K)

Because the whiney manbabies acrually wolud buy the toys. Further the trailer was so hated that they probably decided not to do it.

>c’mon, reply to this with something nasty about ‘Roar’, and God forbid your an animation student, you’ll get your ass blacklisted

I think most twitter posts from spthese people are like that.

We all loved the pilot for '11 but liquidating all the writing staff for scabs shot the series in the foot.

Probably should amend that with that children don't buy toys anymore, period. Hence why toys r us is gone.

Well, yeah. Theze people will say anything but it doesn't make it true. They are just screaming hoping what they want will be reality.

In truth it isn't and will never be. Don't believe them, easy as that.

>cartoon full of deepest lore and high stakes.
That was only for the first 2 episodes, it quickly because poorly written tripe with horrendous tone issues

>yell about and not actually looking to fix or work towards anything.

We already did that. If it isn't fixed next time then all we can do is not watch it, unless that also disqualifies us as "real fans."

it's still getting made and I'm looking forward to the threads about it
filled with 'this show is actually good ef you all' posts to fish yous and literally who twitter screencaps

>Cartoon Network tried rebooting Thundercats in 2011
>tried
Lmao zoomer, i bet you love MCU trash and bayformers too.

Go to bed, Nico.

As someone who never watched the 80s or the 2011 Thundercats, the reason I dislike the upcoming Roar reboot is because it looks like the same regurgitated shit CN has been putting out that Adventure Time started way back in the beginning of the decade.

Most of CN's programming throughout the 2010s have been wacky comedies with the Adventure Time/Steven Universe art style.

>shitty crappy no good OG version?

This but unironically. All 80s toy commercial cartoons were bad

I was super stoked for it and I watched the first few episodes but it nosedived almost instantly.

Toys r us didn't die because of toy sales. It died because it was in massive debt.

i dont know why people keep saying it looks like everything else on CN, it's got a really distinct style and that intro was 100 times better than any of their other show intros lately.

I think it's safe to say this show has been quietly cancelled because of the intense backlash.

bump

Buried and hopefully forgotten

Attached: 1564940712043.jpg (930x717, 172K)

Warner brothers is pretty infamous for sitting on projects, I wouldn't say it's safe to say that at all.

will they have this scene, but with lion o jumping like a retard on the mud while Mandora gets anoy and facepalm saying how of a dumb asses men are?

Attached: Thundercats Mud.webm (640x480, 2.79M)

I haven't seen it and I already like it.

only idiots take 80's toy commercial cartoons seriously, especially fucking Thundercats of all things. only Transformers is more deserving of a zany and gag-driven cartoon to finally drive into people's skulls that Transformers is just a bunch of toy robots fighting each other.

fuck nostalgia, fuck Ronald Reagan, fuck Corporate America and fuck 80's half-hour toy commercials.

Attached: 1535421194028.png (686x1044, 819K)