IDW Sonic

What went wrong?

Attached: sonic_archie.jpg (825x464, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/UpfIblkRspQ
tapas.io/episode/1191915
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic
vgsales.fandom
segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/printing_annual/2011/ssh_ar11e_all_final_1021.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=75aVWopsbPE
youtube.com/watch?v=ABG8bA493UI
showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-4-2019.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LYvO8eaWJNc
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-12.html
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2019/2019-07.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4a7SaE3AWkw
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2013/2013-07.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing so far. It's fun and alright. Not the best Sonic has ever been, but it's still good.

Most of the complaints seem to be about them no using characters they are not allowed to use, but even then Sally isn't really that big of a loss.

It's best to let go Archie Sonic. Most of it was a garbage fire, especially during the Saturn Dry Spell

People complain about losing Sally?
Bunnie and Antoine, sure, and maybe even Rotor and Nicole, but Sally is pretty much good riddance to bad rubbish

I agree with this guy.
IDW is doing a decent job as far as story. The art is not disappointing either so...

This. By Yea Forums, this.

>What went wrong?
Ian Flynn. 'nuff said.

nothing,is pretty cool so far, i will always miss the archie comics but this one is ok

Explain.

It’s fine.

SatAM is dead. Let go already.

I'm not really sure what more you could ask for from a Sonic comic book. There's just enough fun story and character interactions to be engaging without going into autism territory and the art has been great and colorful.

Shitty furry waifues from a dead 20 year old cartoon.

My childhood back

The need to find mike gallagher and get him to do an Aosth comic. Thats the only way youre getting me to buy a Sonic comic again.

I'll take this, a straight up SatAM comic, or a comic based on the Genesis games that has absolutely NO post-1997 characters or Uekawa awfulness.

Nothing at all, it's barely begun after all. Wait until we hit the 50's and we'll talk. I'm especially happy there's no shitty art as well.
Bunnie and Antoine could work alone or as a duo, Nicole could be Tails or someone else's AI assistant (maybe evil at first?) and Rotor should work alone (or with Nicole). I could care less about Sally.

Even so, I know these guys aren't coming back and good riddance. IDW is not Archie and never will be.

Amy doesn't have toes.

Attached: ddd5wld-f61caec6-c3f2-4333-a6c7-f09de61b581f.png (700x735, 118K)

AoStH and SatAM were both shit. You're not eight anymore, you don't have to keep pretending they were any good.

Unless they do a completely wordless, mobeis inspired sonic comic that is full of huge splashpages and checkerboard recursions I can't see myself giving a single fuck about a sonic comic book.

Modern Sonic is even worse, though. You just like it because its the Sonic you enjoyed when you were eight.

In other words: muh nostalgia > your nostalgia

It's inconsistent with taking place directly after Forces, then jumping into Heroes, and then going a really slow pace with the zombot arc. I just want fun fast paced 4 issue arcs like Sonic Universe again.
Also, less talk, more adventure. Expand the world outside the city please. Make some lore to keep it interesting. Remove Tangle spin-off and give Team Dark their own shonen-comic series.

So you just want more Archie.

That's what every one of your complains comes down to.

>Team Dark their own shonen-comic
Should've started with this after Shadow took out Infinite's squad. Then focus on his developing main character instead of ruining him as a emo rival fight.

Attached: Dark.png (1618x1019, 3.15M)

I like it. It's not groundbreakingly amazing but it's just a Sonic comic. So I think the problem is that you're too bitter and jaded. Read something else if you don't like it.

I never wanted it to be like Archie. I had problems with Archie Sonic because it wasn't self-contained adventures like Sonic Universe. Though they share the same author and publisher, Universe was better to jump into and didn't revolve around 100 issues of drama and echidna history to catch up on. Plus, it followed more to the games and not to SaTAM.

I havent read one of these in years since I'm now an adult who doesn't suffer from autism. But are they still afraid of drawing Rouge the Bat's breasts? I always thought that was funny.

Everytime a new chapter starts, they have to remind the reader that Eggman took over the world and how the virus is spread by touch to all characters. It's annoying as hell.

No, IDW has no issues with her being stacked.

Honestly? Nothing.

I'll admit, we've gone a bit helter-skelter with the pacing so far, but the story's decent enough, and the art's consistent.

My biggest complaint, though- and it's not that much of a complaint -is that I feel it's still a tad bit too *new* for there to already be a spin-off. I mean, sure- it lets us see more Tangle and Whisper without them overshadowing the main cast, but at the same time I still can't help but think it's just a bit too soon.

But hey, who cares- their... I guess you could call it their story's intro -featured the Babylon Rogues.

It probably helps this is the most 'current issues'-free comics they've done in a while, too, rite?

Its like a talented comedian with a gun pointed to his head
He's still funny but can't go all out because he knows he'll risk having his head be blown up

I would compare it more to seeing a friend from high school for the first time in 20 years. Only, he hasn't changed a bit aside from getting fat and bald.

Bad pacing and boring story ideas, the same problems plagued the main comic during Reboot as well.

Ian Flynn needs to step down, we need new blood and new materials instead of a worn-out veteran. As good as he is, some anons aren't so bad with their own ideas. (not /sthg/ or shitposters)
I just wish the fans would like "new" things from Sonic. Ian Flynn is the "Green Hill Zone" of comic writers.

/sthg/ had good story ideas though it is just none of them can write for shit.

Hire some non-fans, please.

That's how we got Pontaff. Hesse is infinitely better than Flynn and he is a fan.

He doesn't need to step down, just give the pen to other writers.

NO.

Fans who loved Sonic made Mania.

Writers who work for money made Lost World.

Thank God, Ian Flynn is a veteran fan who knows Sonic lore and all of the game details since Sonic the Fighters.

Don't like either. Just hire good writers who are capable of telling interesting stories. I don't care about how much it matches up with or references the shitty video games.

But he is not a good writer.

>references the shitty video games
The comics are made to support the games. Not the other way around, Penders.
And Sonic Universe did a good job at extending references to Sonic Unleashed and even Shadow the Hedgehog.

SEGA's been pretty conservative with how they (and how they let other companies) use Shadow, so they most likely wouldn't have approved of giving him the spotlight for an entire book, unfortunately.

Attached: TeamDark.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

Have you ever read a well written Sonic fan comic? I havent either. Because they don't exist.

Pontaff is better than whoever is writing the games in Japan.

The AOSTH comic where Robotnik gets and intern, TGT, and Sonic Shards.

Disagree. The only thing Flynn is good at is references and empty fan-wankery. If thats all you want, then you,ll enjoy his work. Otherwise, no thanks.

Same thing for Sonic fan games, but Whitehead was hired and Mania happened. What's your point? No other Sonic "fan" game scores 10/10 and makes millions.

It feels like Flynn is tired and just going through the motions.

I don't think Flynn would be as bad if he was mandated to do shorter story arcs and wasn't allowed to do overarching story arcs.

It's not about Sonic honestly. Archie Comics has always promoted creative freedom to a fault. That's what made the comic interesting and engaging. There's no point in reading a comic where everything is predictable.

Drawing everyone's attention to Issue #175 - Eggman shows up and razes knothole to the ground, beats the absolute shit out of Sonic and makes Charmy permanently retarded. This is a very important issue, the ramifications of which reverberates throughout the entire rest of the comic. That's awesome.

Attached: 61OphjiVKXL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331x499, 54K)

I don't think so. I think that he likes to spend more time world building than he does telling a story , he just sucks at world building.

>Sonic comic
>no references to the games
>no fanservice to characters
Then what's the point of using Sonic and characters then? What kind of comic would be good for Sonic the Hedgehog if you can't reference anything that makes it Sonic.

>There's no point in reading a comic where everything is predictable.
That's like the majority of comics and cartoons though.

Being good at making games are a completely different beast than being a good writer. There are probably many talented game designers who like Sonic. But writers? Haven't seen one yet.

There's no point in reading most comics unless you're on the can. I won't dignify cartoons with an asnwer.

>not using characters they are not allowed to use
Since the Freedom Fighters originated in the cartoon and not the comics, why would Archie have exclusive rights to them? You'd think Sega or at the very furthest DHX would be the legal rights holder.

Attached: 6155a4046aa7db756f843d5452248439.jpg (1080x785, 128K)

What was the point of the Tangle/Whisper spinoff then?

I don't know what would be good for Sonic, but I know what would be good for me. Better writing, interesting characters that have more than one or two character traits...and less snark would be nice, too. Flynn's characters are all so fucking snarky. It's clear this dude developed his personality from talking on the internet, and it's very annoying to read.

>haven't read good sonic fanfiction.
>it doesn't exist.
I wish they hired me and all of Yea Forums to submit plot ideas for SA3, because we had dozens of threads about those from way back and now.

No they should hire me. I have lots of OCs that I made in Sonic Forces that would make for excellent additions to Sonic's cast.

Everyone agrees with you on that. Character development should be a thing too.

They are but SEGA in their infinite wisdom reducted the shit out of their liberty in exchange for the license.

Attached: ImmaterialUnsungEgg-mobile.jpg (640x368, 17K)

He didn't say Archie had exclusive rights to them. Archie was holding on to whatever legal tape tied them to the Freedom Fighters back when the comic first started, now that Archie Sonic is done and the TV show is long over, no one gets to use them.

I strongly disagree on both points.

Do the FFs really need to be in the comic for it to be good?,

Penders for being a shit and Flynn for being a hack. And Sega for being incompetent.

No, hire the guys who wrote the Sonic Movie, Lost World, and Forces. Bring Zavok back. Make Tails a loser. Shadow should rival fight Sonic for no reason because he has no personality anymore.

>introduce two interesting new characters who introduce with the game cast in fun ways
>kick them out of the main story so they can have a spinoff completely removed from everyone else

Character development is bad because...?

They made a separate cake for them to ruin.

Attached: cake2.png (640x480, 322K)

THIS. Flynn couldn't even write for a sonic game if he wanted to. The guy needs a year to plan a story.

Anyone can with Sega's approval, but that won't happen. No big loss.

Because not muh sonic

Sonic fans really are more attracted to this shit the more objectively terrible it is.

It's not inherently a good thing. One might call it a huge waste of paper if you can deliver the same end result without it. Look at how Tails turned into a total fucking bitch after that red fox left.

Here is the most ideal Sonic comic:
>only game characters ever get to be long term main comic characters. ocs are either side characters or only featured in arcs where they play a major role in the plot.
>classic characters can show up
>series embraces shonen tropes
>background characters are mostly humans with all background sonicians being cute or cool
>comic has lots of world building and character development
>majority of the comic is a bunch of loosely connected, short story arcs
>writers can use any kind of setting for an arc that fits sonic and doesn't contradict any existing world building
>writers can use a variety of tones for their story arcs as long as they respect existing continuity and world building
>little use of referencial humor
>locations are more involved and play a bigger role in each story

There, a comic that can satisfy a majority of the fanbase.

They'll come back soon with Tails.

Character flanderization or degeneration occurs when their persona becomes stagnant.

Even the games before 2008 did this. Tails became much more competent without Sonic between SA1 and SA2. Shadow went past the Maria phase, had his arc in Battle, and then works for GUN in '06.

Things like that is what we need. Not Forces.

>only game characters

Just Sonic and Tails. Everyone else should be relegated to cameos. If Sonic's shitty friends must be shoved down everyone's throats, let it just be an occasional thing. Most of em are better off as antagonists anyway.

We need Shadow the Hedgehog? Fool.

Character development was a plot point for Blaze and Emerl. That's what made Rush and Battle great.

Attached: 12420.png (750x650, 194K)

Sonic and Tails are the most boring partners in the series. Prove me wrong.

>TL'DR
Archie Sonic but OCs are just cameos. I'm down with that.

Following up on a comic that's older than most people on Yea Forums while also discarding all the worldbuilding and characters means it never really stood a chance.

Bringing back the same writer while also neutering him didn't help, though the other people reponsible seem creatively starved that it was probably for the best regardless.

Sonic is dead. Get over it. Nothing sadder than sticking around to celebrate a dead franchise.

Attached: e.jpg (471x437, 32K)

>Sonic is dead.
Tell that to Maniachads.

Why not compromise by having Sonic and Tails be the central protagonists that nearly every story focuses on with their friends being side characters.
Like how Batman has different sidekicks depending on the story.
Wasn't Archie all about big story arcs?

I have, for years. Imagine thinking a game that's almost as good as some crap they rushed out 25 years ago was worth the wait.

It's what Archie Sonic should've been all along but Shadow's Boom flanderization irks me so, I hope he actually learns from his infection and comes out closer to how he is in the games before Boom but you just know he's still gonna be snapping at people at the drop of a hat and sucking himself off like he does in Forces and TSR

>Sonic is dead

Attached: giphy (7).gif (480x352, 984K)

>almost as good
Mania fixed all the problems of the classic series, including level designs. After Mania, I can't go back to S3&K.
So Sonic is revived. Enjoy a guaranteed run 10 more years. And more Mania sequels are welcome.

To keep two OCs- whose primary pop-factor is that they're new, fresh characters -contained to their own book so they don't have to overshadow the main cast while they're still being pushed?

But seriously- the main challenge will be keeping them decent-to-good characters without them doing exactly what they were contained to prevent.

boring

Mania is inferior to all classic Sonic because most of it is rehashed and considerably worse (looking at you, Hydrocity and Oil Ocean). And besides, those weren't even that good compared to contemporary platformers and especailly not other genres of games.

Imagine that instead of Sonic, you were a fan of Mario. Imagine how many amazing games you'd get to play instead of pretending Sonic's equvalient of new super mario bros is the pinnacle of gaming.

Attached: 1429358070312.png (798x881, 220K)

where should a noobie start with sonic comics

Attached: 1523984402738.gif (540x540, 992K)

i like sonic and mario

>rehashed and considerably worse
pirate a copy of Mania Plus and try again. S&3K had shitty level designs in Flying Battery, hence why they removed the iconic corkscrews. Mania is faster paced, has branched out levels, more hidden stuff, and rewards for exploring. All act 2 stages are even better than act 1.
>Imagine that instead of Sonic, you were a fan of Mario
Stopped reading right there. Mario had great games to this day. Sonic pretended to be like him with Lost World. Mania brought Sonic to his roots. Sonic should've stayed 2D.

Sally was cute. I'll agree that there wasn't too much point to her, though.

Attached: Sonic - Sally tanooki.jpg (1000x1280, 164K)

As always, issue 160. Issue 1-50 if you want mindless fun and also horrible betrayal and death.

>Imagine that instead of Sonic, you were a fan of Mario
Most people who play Sonic games already play Mario games

Finally, someone else who hates the flying battery.

>Mania is faster paced, has branched out levels, more hidden stuff, and rewards for exploring

All the games are like this. And you didn't need to replay a loooong 2 act stage from a previous game just to experience it. Stages like that printing press with puzzles are total momentum killers and doesn't hold a candle to the free flow of Sonic 2. Or 3. Maybe &K.

Chemical plat zone is a good example of first rehashing a stage, and then filling it with rehashed pace-breaking elements from other stages. Like DNA spirals, pumping bouncy liquid into the ground and Puyo Puyo. It's too bloaty.

I agree. IDW Sonic will never reach the same levels of autism as Archie Sonic, SEGA will make sure of it. IDW Sonic will never have a bajillion Freedom Fighter teams and Egg Bosses,etc.

And that’s okay. I like the more focus on the game characters and longer story-arcs. The fact that SEGA allowed a comic to be licensed after the ‘Archie-debacle’ shows that they still do consider Sonic Comics an important part of the franchise.

Also, Sonic Forces and Mania was sort of a ‘hard’ reboot of the Sonic franchise, and the IDW comics allow new fans who were curious about Sonic comics to jump aboard.

Overall, I think it’s a sucess!! So quit being a negative-nancy and looking at the negatives.

Attached: 629862AA-93BC-474C-9241-A7A5BF9F4966.jpg (921x507, 120K)

Sega learned their lesson from Penders so they will never let something like the FF happen again

Anybody else basically give up on these comics? I made the decision the other day to sell off my entire collection of Archie comics (hundreds of issues, including multiple copies).

The only ones I'm keeping are the first 50 and a few specials and mini-series.

Take away Sonic and Tails and all that's left are Knuckles and a bunch of shitty friends, though.

>IDW Sonic will never reach the same levels of autism as Archie Sonic

But they're based on games that are already in full autist mode, so that's unavoidable.

I always used to catch up on the comic before a big test in lawschool so I'll probably cave in and marathon all the new shit at some point. I had the first two issues for two decades without knowing they made any more than that.

I just wanted fun, 2-4 issue adventures with a fun colorful cast who stop Eggman's crazy antics for world domination.

>AoStH and SatAM were both shit.

Yeah, the older Sonic stuff was shit. Not filled with great stories and inventive, memorable characters like the newer Sonic stuff. You can enjoy that stuff without autism, in fact!

>it's barely begun after all.
We're like twenty issues deep, the hell are you talking about? What other comics do you read where you get 20 issues deep and you're like "nah, it's good, it's just starting, I'm okay with that?"

I swear the people who defend this book don't pay for comics.

Every time I says that someone says kids won't read comics like that.

It feels like a neutered version of Archie Sonic.

Even recycled villain stuff like roboticization but in a much more take and uninteresting way.

They treat each comic as if someone picks it up as their first.

It's not so much given up so much as I've lost interest some time ago. Not enough to make me sell what I've bought, but I'd much rather see the old creative team on different IP like Cosmo.

Flynn's stuff was always bad. I only read kept buying the comic because it was vaguely similar to the old show and comics that I liked as a kid. But now those characters/setting are gone so I have no need to continue buying a comic that I have no history with or nostalgia for.

IDW definitely does not function that way.

Interestingly, this metal virus was the next big arc in Archie if it hadn't died.

to add lesbians to Sonic without triggering SEGA

Repetition, a lack of creativity, and just bad scripting. Most of the first twelve issues are the exact same thing over and over, and after a two issue break 15 and on seems to be the same deal again with a new theme. The core of each issue plays out exactly the same, compounding upon this problem. The environments rarely matter or have any sense of identity, which is a huge issue for a comic book about a character whose entire gimmick is that he's so fast that he can maneuver around, over and through anything, especially when the source material is famous for being vivid and wild. Characters often tell the audience what's happening instead of showing them, which is a problem when the book is already simple and the characters benefit from being extremely physically adept. Despite the large amount of dialogue, character voice tends to not be well established and nobody really has any agency in the stories that play out.

It's a lot like a bad online fan comic and I'm not sure how people can look at this and go "yeah, that's fine." I don't have terribly high standards for kids' comics, but this is failing at basic execution of the concept.

Perhaps. Just be thankful we won’t get shit like pic related.

spoiler]Though I do admit,I will miss all the different Freedom Fighter teams. They were fun.[/spoiler]

Attached: 2EA8612B-4714-464B-8D58-F635C143D062.jpg (603x469, 86K)

I used to be a staunch Ian defender for the first few years he came on board. But yeah, I can see where the haters are coming from now. I feel like he's just tired.

Steppenwolf? Man, that guy can NOT get a good casting role.

If they won't read that, why would they read the same thing but stretched out far longer?

The hundreds of Knuckles clones? Well, the games already have like 6 Sonic clones, not including the dozens of different robot-Sonics. So it's pretty close.

T&W was decent. Ian Flynn needs to be forced to tell stories in 6 issues or fewer.

You’ll be surprised how many queer female fans like ‘Sonic’ and like the cute characters. It’s not just edgy 12 year-old boys. Just be thankfull SEGA allowed them to use OC’s.

Agree with this a lot, if there was one thing I could ask of SEGA is that the bring some of the comic characters into the game, be it as NPCs or playable characters.

wait... has the whole series come out?

Nah, but user's right that it's definitely better than the main comic. It's still way too slow for its own good.

Whoever honestly thinks that is a raging retard.

No. Its one issue in.

Thank you SEGA for banning the use of all the best characters. For no goddamn reason.

Attached: SU-84_rugularcover_raw.jpg (600x910, 143K)

I just meant the weird,convoluted stuff Penners injected and using the Echidna nonsense kind of took away from this being a ‘Sonic’ comic.

May I show you some posts?

I understand you have an affection for them but like, are they really the best characters? We don't even know piss about half of them. A lot of the ones we do know are almost meme territory in terms of characterization. They weren't all that interesting beyond the potential of what could be written about them in the future.

>For no goddamn reason.

Penders. Archie as a whole is just one long legal nightmare they want to forget.

Is that bird guy in the upper left a character from the games? Was he the antagonist in Tails' Adventure?

The tighter grip Sega has over the franchise, the worse the comics will be. Flynn ain't great, but even the best writers in the industry couldn't do shit with these books if they're not allowed to actually do anything with any of the characters. As it stands, the comics might as well just be an advertisement for the games. Except they only put out one game ever 5 years, so whatever.

After all the nonsense legal shit Archie got them into, I'd wipe my hands of everything Archie too.

Hey now, they might be able to use the bomb bird dude (sorry, his name escapes me) since he's actually from a game.

His Sonic work now compared to before just really kind of plunged, and I do blame all the outside interference probably breaking any drive he had.

>
>109318326

It's alright,..if you wanna waste money on a safe, predictable, boring ass shill comic that adds nothing new to the character or the mythos and has abhorrent pacing for plots that should be taking 4 issues to finish, and who the writer already admitted by now, is mostly running on rejected Archie plots that he wanted to do.

IDW is LITERALLY nothing more than an Archie reject.

Say what you want about Shokugan, Archie, Fleetway, Toei and every other non-game media adaption of Sonic, but at least they each had something unique and different that makes buying a Sonic comic worth it.

the only value IDW provides is that this is basically all The Modern Sonic games, encapsulated in a comic ....worth $4.

That way you no longer have to waste more money on Modern Sonic's mediocrity - you can just get this. Why, I don't know?

If that's all you really want in a Sonic book, go right ahead.

But if you want more, go read fan-fiction instead..or better yet, just go buy a better comic, like based Hulk.

Funnily enough, he's the only one of those characters (aside from Eggman) who doesn't adhere rigidly to the ugly Sonic house style. And he's usually drawn with great expression and flexibility, too. The artists have a blast drawing him. More like that, please.

You're saying that like Sega's grip on the comic is tight when everyone involved says they've been given more freedom than ever. Even if they were stricter than at Archie, that's still way more freedom than most licensed comics get, and they tend to do fine anyway.

I'm just tired of the whole, "Eggman is like the Joker and Hitler wrapped into one" thing Ian has a hard-on for.
My favorite portrayal of Eggman is that of the world's most dangerous snake oil salesmen.
He's doing what he's doing because damnit, he has amazing ideas and he'd be the best world leader whether everyone knows it or not.

That's a rare and valuable boon not shared by the rest of the cast. And what little we got was excellent.

Your heart's in the right place but you just wrote some stupid ass shit, user.

The plots could be better even with the mandates.

After the success of Mania, they should just reboot the comics completely into classic Sonic shit again. Remove Shadow, Rouge, Amy, and the rest of the characters from the awful modern games. I stopped buying the comic years ago, but I did pick up the 'Mega Drive' issues since I still have affection for that version of the character.

It's cool if you liked it, but I don't know. They seemed about as underdeveloped as the rejects from the old Archie comics were. Nothing terribly special. I kind of liked Cassia, but everything else was either a bore or funny the first time and then immediately run into the ground.

>Amy
youtu.be/UpfIblkRspQ

>As it stands, the comics might as well just be an advertisement for the games.

So basically they lobotimized Sonic and turned him into an ornament whose iconic apperance sells games and gives off a mild odor of death.

Attached: _2.jpg (960x720, 132K)

>when everyone involved says they've been given more freedom than ever.

We now know this was a lie.

Based on what? Give me some backing, tripfag. How are they being constrained in ways they weren't with the previous rag?

Where this a week ago, i'd tell you how stupid that idea is; how no industry professional in their right mind would ever stoop so low as to want to write a Sonic comic and aspiring professionals these days want to work on comics that have "impact", and since SEGA won't let them go full SJW, new kids don't want it either.

But then Ian Q. wrote that Sonic episode of O.K.K.O., and it was actually good, so maybe he can take over.

Shh. Boco keep silent. lest the SEGA Ninjas come to take you away into the night...

I’m also not sure why SEGA didn’t choose to buy the rights to the Archie FF Post-Super Genesis Wave. They were all rebooted with new designs and lore, and it’s not like Penners invented them.

If you were talking about Tangle and Whisper, then I’m really hoping they’re playable in the next game. Tangle looks like a lot of fun with her swinging tail, and Whisper is a continuation of the Sonic Forces Wispweapons, but in a more fun style.

Attached: 2DF38A36-CB25-4026-B388-4CCF650CAA9E.jpg (1820x1400, 429K)

>I’m also not sure why SEGA didn’t choose to buy the rights to the Archie FF Post-Super Genesis Wave.
Probably because they already own them and choose not to use them.
Archie doesn't own those characters.

Pontac and Graff localize the games, they don't write them.
And Pontac created Bump in the Night back in the 90's, so I can't dislike the dude.

>comparing first sonic game to 4th mario game

They're saying kids won't read what is, quite literally, a kid's first foray into Trade story-telling? Mother of god, they must be mentally stunted or something.

The Japanese are incredibly xenophobic and don't give a shit about characters and concepts created by anyone else.
Sonic Team didn't create the freedom fighters, and they don't care about them.

Let's see, all the post reboot restrictions are still there, plus no mention of anything related to 'Mobius', humans must live in a separate dimension, no spinoff material can be used (unlike Archie, which used cartoon characters), and biggest of all is banning any character made before 1999.

Also no Infinite, but fuck him.

Self contained adventures with some continuity between them won't keep readers hooked to the comic. It may be more appealing as a novelty, sure, but it loses a lot of its long-term appeal.

Not bad, but you are going to have to try a little harder before you get to "this will be my final post on Yea Forums" levels.

Cassia and Clove were both great and for different reasons to boot. The package of the two of them alone trumps pretty much every good thing introduced since.

Thunderbolt was a wholly unique and interesting character since Eggman has always been plagued by minions of (at best) dubious loyalty. Plus she and Kukku beat Sonic so that's something.

The vulture is one of my personal favorites and the fact that she exists already adds a whole new way to view the plot that just doesn't exist in any other iteration of Sonic.

Couldn't wait to see what Maw would do either. The rest were forgettable I suppose, but that's a pretty huge crew that worked straight out the gate and didn't required years of development to grab my interest.

Attached: 9a5.png (3688x3116, 2.04M)

But they did make Sticks, so she's okay.

fortunately for you SEGA retconned ‘Classic Sonic’ from being a younger Modern Sonic to a Sonic-from-an-other-dimension who’s adventures are continuing to take place.

>humans must live in a separate dimension
God I hate this, I really hate the fact that on top of Modern and Classic being completely separate worlds, now we have two subsets of Modern Sonic's world: one with humans and one without.

>Tangle looks like a lot of fun with her swinging tail
She could be like Ristar gameplay wise.

It's stupid to have a plot only be four issues long and then never addressed again as if nothing ever happened.

World was almost destroyed? Who cares that was two issues ago we're on an adventure to Blazes world now or some shit but it doesn't matter because next month it'll be a totally different plot.

Short self contained plots are perfectly fine as side stuff. Sonic Universe was the perfect example. An entirely separate side comic to give other character more screen time and flesh out little personally plots or just to have random miscellaneous adventures.

No one cares what youre attention span is so short you can't stand for a arc to go on longer than four issues.

>They were all rebooted with new designs and lore
Two comics in, and everybody in the reboot ended up regaining all their memories of everything that had happened pre-Genesis Wave. I don't even know what they point was.

Also, the reason to cut ties with Archie probably had as much to do with the setting as it did with the company. They didn't want Penders showing up and insisting that he owned the anal plugs that are canon in the setting or whatever the hell he had in mind. Since Archie screwed up and didn't keep the proper contracts, Sega probably preferred to just keep things Sonic-only, or Sonic- and new character-only, with the new launch so that nobody could start making claims on character or setting or plot elements.

>Let's see, all the post reboot restrictions are still there
Could you name them all off for us in a convenient list? Only things actually confirmed by the people who work on the book, not your speculation, thank you.
>plus no mention of anything related to 'Mobius'
Comic's been like that for almost a decade, dude.
>humans must live in a separate dimension
This is actually a difference, I'll give you that one. Except they can still be used. It's just that nondescript furries and humans can't coexist as background characters. Humans are still on the table, they just exist in a vacuum away from Coldsteel.
>no spinoff material can be used (unlike Archie, which used cartoon characters), and biggest of all is banning any character made before 1999.
That's not a restriction, that's IDW not paying for Sega's (quite excessive) double dipping licensing fees. They sell Sonic piecemeal now, whereas they sold the license as a whole to Archie way back when.
>Also no Infinite, but fuck him.
Sega's had a "don't use dead characters" clause for a long time, it's why we didn't get Black Doom back in Archie.

The only change we can say for certain that's a matter of changing restrictions on the writing is the previously mentioned "humans and furry background characters don't coexist" thing. Given we know nothing else about the state of things, I think it's a bit presumptuous to assume that the writers are under harsher restrictions.

Yeah, but he's from a CLASSIC game, so he doesn't get to be in the comic until SEGA decides to drop this dual branding bullshit.

No Hooligans.
No Mighty and Ray
No Battle Birds
No Honey

feels sad bro.

Kind of looks like they were doing Mania and Sonic man.

Attached: f3d.jpg (1000x1538, 615K)

>IDW Sonic will never have a bajillion Freedom Fighter teams and Egg Bosses,etc.
I mean, that minimizes the autism sure, but it also makes the universe a lot smaller. The Simpsons for example, cultivated a city worth of individual OCs over the course of its time on air. Not all of them are winners, but they still add life to Spingfield as a whole. Without adding people to your world, all you have is emptiness like the MCU.

Let's see... Sonic can't be emotional, Sonic can't lose, Sonic can't date, Amy can only like Sonic, other characters cant be in love, Sega characters cannot change in any way, Sega characters cannot die, and males can't wear pants.

>That's not a restriction,

It is. Anything pre 1999 is now 'Classic Sonic' and can't be used in Modern. So no Bean, Bark, Fang, nothing.

>I’ll never be reunited with qt French seal waifu
Feels bad

Attached: C4EB68AC-8A15-4D4A-BD07-A27EA6F50D27.jpg (229x155, 28K)

A few breather stiries. Ian said in a podcast the metal virus was next. Or possibly after reintroducing the Zeti.

The Fennec is dead also. Fuck this gay earth.

Attached: 0.jpg (500x387, 75K)

>Or possibly after reintroducing the Zeti.

Well at least it ended before that.

Attached: 0.gif (540x251, 1.85M)

Theres a certain irony in a tripfag telling anyone to "let go". You refuse to let go of your trip, when all it exists for is so people know to tell you to shut the fuck up.

Let me put forth a scenario for you, Boco. Let's say Morrigan disappeared tomorrow due to legal reasons. Would you be able to "let go" then?

Don't see why not. She's a fictional character. Will the older games still exist?

>It's stupid to have a plot only be four issues long and then never addressed again as if nothing ever happened.
Yeah, kids hate that!

Attached: Kids Hate Episodic Content.jpg (1446x760, 438K)

Wait, weren't they working for Eggman?

I completely understand that this is what SEGA wants, but holy crap I am so tired of in-universe characters sucking Sonic's dick so hard

Remember how out of place it was in Sonic Rush to have even Knuckles doing that?

No, they weren't working for anyone. The entire region banded together to trick both eggman and the freedom fighters so they wouldn't get drawn into their pointless conflict.

Reminder than the shattered world was good despite what it was based off of.

Don't

First signs that they're faking it.

Sonic as a franchise is one big fucking mess. I can't believe there are still people that like it outside of their happy, nostalgic childhood memories.

Was it really? Champions was good. A couple issues here and there were good. Most of it was bland character introductions with the promise that it would eventually lead somewhere. And it didn't.

The whole point of a comic/book based on a game is to do some extended world-building.
Like Star Wars with your many Darth's running around, or Red Dwarf with a tighter ongoing arc to hold many of the episodes in, alongside additional plot.

To keep a reader going with your novel/comic based on an existing property, you have to give them some reason to care past what they could have just picked up playing the game. For Red Dwarf, a better exploration of the characters and also building on top of the ideas that RD established.
For Star Wars, new characters with their own stories to tell.
However, both of these give you a reason to keep reading. Someone will want to pick up 20 issues of Darth Newman if it looks like it's going to be going somewhere, and someone will pick up a book of a show they've already seen if it means we're going to find out more about Lister and Rimmer as people, and also add a spin on the story for a massive arc.

The problem here is this, unconnected stories that don't have much to do with each other are going to result in sales going up and down depending on your arc. What Reboot Sonic did, was have an arc so you HAD to keep reading. And Sonic Universe relied somewhat on you knowing what was happening in the main comic.
It's all about sales, and if you're going to sell something ongoing, you have to give a reason.

You conveniently dodged my assessment of your trip, I see. Am I getting too close for comfort?

So you're saying you'd be ok with Morrigan disappearing forever from future games, manga, animation, and merchandise, as long as you can live in the past with your old games and not let those go?

>Two comics in, and everybody in the reboot ended up regaining all their memories of everything that had happened pre-Genesis Wave. I don't even know what they point was.
They forgot everything about the old world another two issues later.

Good is good and bad is bad. If the comics were 100% bad then I wouldn't be here. You won't see me in a thread discussing crap.

I've been doing that for years already.

He said in the most deadpan voice imaginable...

Fine. So the guy who can't let go of the past is telling other people to let go of the past. Do you see where you fucked up?

Boco's probably been here for longer than you

which is sad

Comics are dying because of the way they are.

Not him, but I personally hope the Freedom Fighters and other SatAM elements never, ever appear in any media ever again. At least not under the current leadership at Sega.

I love those characters and that stuff *is* Sonic to me. But I'd rather they be dead and gone forever than see them radically changed and altered and rebooted over and over to pander to younger Sonic fans who don't even like those characters anyway. Dead is better and the past will always be there for me whenever I want it.

Reboot Max was also pretty cool. We only ever got to see him as this deranged hatesink so Sally could keep being the rebellious princess archetype. A reasonable authority figure felt like a breath of fresh air.

Attached: KING.jpg (612x501, 126K)

2 things:
-Morrigan isn't even my favorite character
-Darkstalkers has been dead since 1997

I got over it years ago. Especially seeing modern Capcom's fighting division.

>The whole point of a comic/book based on a game is to do some extended world-building.
No, I'm pretty sure it's to make money using an easily recognized brand. Sometimes a franchise is better suited to just telling some good stories.
>Like Star Wars with your many Darth's running around
You know most people hate that shit, right?
>To keep a reader going with your novel/comic based on an existing property, you have to give them some reason to care past what they could have just picked up playing the game.
Yeah, that's the part where you write a good story in there, whether there's continuity to it or not. People like it, so work off that to make something nice. The approach isn't as important as the result, and there's tons of ways to make a good book from a license. You can go Bill Mantlo and just make this crazy wacky bullshit with an ongoing soap opera plot, or you can go Superman the Radio Show and just write a nice story every two weeks using Superman as your hook.

>Someone will want to pick up 20 issues of Darth Newman if it looks like it's going to be going somewhere, to see Lister and Rimmer as people.
Yeah, some people will.
And some people don't want that shit. They just want another Red Dwarf skit that's funny. To some people a larger than life "deep" story that explains everything is a turn off. There's nothing wrong with either approach.

>The problem here is this, unconnected stories that don't have much to do with each other are going to result in sales going up and down depending on your arc.
Correct, compared to the endless downward spiral that often accompanies serializations entirely focused on an unending narrative. The point of episodic content and soft continuity is to keep turnover high while also not shackling your creative freedom. Sometimes it's for the better, sometimes it's for the worse.
>What Reboot Sonic did, was have an arc so you HAD to keep reading.
Sales were in a downward slump, just fyi.

Nah, your standards are just way too high.

Only Sakura Wars is allowed to do that. Sega of Japan has issues.

This. If you want to enjoy Sonic in the 21st century, you better lower your standards pretty fucking low.

Anything that could be done with Sally was already done, for better or for worse.

Ooooh yeah.

Attached: 1323136052517.jpg (1280x687, 251K)

Reminder that Geoffrey took her virginity.

Archie thought the legal nightmare of Penders would blow over and they could go back to the old continuity. It didn't, so they had to abandon their backup plan.

Reminder that Ken Penders is a closet pedophile.

Exactly, the fact that it's published at all is exceeding expectations.

Specifically, Paul Kaminski, the editor, thought (read: hoped) it would.

Was it autism?

Attached: 1467268710816.png (1119x848, 2.65M)

Uh-huh...yeah...I'm sorry, too busy reading how Hulk found a way to beat Fortaine out of his squick suit by tapping into the hidden trauma that time Thunderbolt Ross kept spanking him in a hot room suana, ranting about milksops

I missed it, what we where talking bout again?

>so she's ok
And she was never heard from again.

I would argue that you CAN introduce the FF or AoSTH or OVA into new elements that fit the games but allows them to still keep what made them appealing by simply relegating them to simply one game only and dumping them back to Limbo (unless they make money)

But you're right. Just like Boco's scottish slutt and her incompetent pimp daddy Ono, SEGA will just fuck it up as usual and it be like killing them anyways.

Hesse is an artist, point to a single writing credit

>Mostly human
Oh no. My autism. Having Sonic interact with actual human beings outside of Eggman never sat right with me.

Time to microwave the baby!

>Locke, why are you microwaving our baby at 3AM?

don't fix what isn't broken.
Sonic is fun, confident, determined, and more importantly a hero. Changing him involves making him a worse character for no reason at all.
Is he supposed to start being serious? You've made him boring.
Is he supposed to start being emotional? You've made him annoying.

Shit like this is what ruined superheroes. Make perfectly good characters then decades later retards who think they're smart try to make them "deep" and "complex"

>Honey can I train Knu-

No

>But he needs to learn to be the new gua-

No

>Oh for fuck's sake. I microwaved him one time, ONE FUCKING TIME

Diesel
Boxer Hockey

With love!

Attached: 90's hairdo.jpg (852x1127, 886K)

It's Battle Kukku. He debuted in Tails' only stand alone game.

Attached: Tails-Adventure-US-Box-Art (1).png (350x489, 399K)

His second, actually. Tails' first was Tails Sky Patrol.

Modern Sonic is the most sterile incarnation of Sonic in the franchise's history, and the comics are pretty much mandated to take after it, so don't expect anything good until Sega goes through another evolution with this series, hopefully they allow more freedom when that happens (hopefully, Sega seems to want to die on this hill with Modern Sonic out of every other Sonic thing they have done).

IDW sonic doesn't follow Archie
Archie being old has nothing to do with IDW
IDW clearly "stood a chance" considering how much bigger the fanbase for it is than Archie's
Ian Flynn has done much better since the reboot cleared away Archie's trash lore, and even better than that when IDW let him write longer arcs
Like 2 years ago Sonic had it's highest selling game in 25 years, not long after that a random ad for the game got so much attention it got an incredibly successful animated miniseries, not long after that it had its highest selling comic issue of all time. On the back of a successful comic run it just got a miniseries for it's characters.
Man it sucks to be Sonic right?

on sonic my dude

It's very boring.

The writing is very tightly constrained with what they can or can't do, so it feels very flat and you know the characters will never have any level of development because they're literally not allowed to.

Funny enough, IDW's transformers is suffering from similar issues.

Attached: IDW.png (400x443, 303K)

That can never happen anymore because Classic and Modern are now separate timelines for some retarded reason.

Separate universes, not timelines.

It's the same fucking bullshit, man.

It could have more interesting stories.

He was responsible for all the story telling in the shorts.

Yes because fuck sonamy fags, Sonic is for Sally only

Attached: images.jpg (144x225, 5K)

It could

but it doesn't.

Except the story had no words and could be summed up with no loss of detail as "Eggman taking emeralds, stop Eggman, fight metal sonic"

More OCs and homages like tapas.io/episode/1191915

The only thing worse is being his fan and being forced to put up with all this trash.

Boco, you are just so fucking retarded.

>Sonic had it's highest selling game in 25 years
I love Mania but this sounds like bullshit.

Sonic Colors sold more.

Source?

meant highest rated

vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Sonic

I wouldn't use that episode as a sign for anything. It was reference heavy and barely had a plot. Fine for a short, one and done thing but not a whole comic series.

>Pontac and Graff localize the games, they don't write them.
They wrote Lost World

bump

>Sega's had a "don't use dead characters" clause for a long time,
They haven't confirmed that he died though, and by the sounds of it they didn't tell Ian the reason either. If he was just plain dead they wouldn't be vague about it.

how do we solve the Tails problem?

Attached: EBxznQxVAAAjlg5.jpg (680x588, 49K)

The only real blight was Worlds Unite

>The writing is very tightly constrained with what they can or can't do, so it feels very flat and you know the characters will never have any level of development because they're literally not allowed to.
sound like a capeshit comic.

Nothing went wrong. It's just there. Although I've heard complaints about Shadow's personality being too much like a discount version of Vegeta.

Attached: eggman is cumming for you.jpg (1988x3056, 878K)

>vgsales.fandom
cringe

Attached: EBiyVY2UwAA6Iku.jpg (448x1000, 59K)

Fucking WHEN is he going to show up?!

Attached: Eggman_Nega.jpg (865x1161, 491K)

So you just want a game like Forces where you blow through everything without slowing down to platform ASAP and then continue?
Pace-breaking is not an issue when speed and platforming is balanced. I don't want to roll and not touch a button for 5 seconds, the game plays itself at that point and it's no better than scripted boost sections.

Attached: 1565289557742m.jpg (520x1024, 86K)

We've had, like, two issues with him in them. In the first, he's wanting to kill the amnesiac Eggman before he can pull of another Forces scenario.

In the second he's ultra-mad because, shocking twist, Eggman did recover his memories and has sicced the zombie horde on the world. Then he gets kinda retarded and decides that, as the Ultimate Lifeform, he can solo the entire horde and is promptly zombie'd.

They announced Mania sold over a million copies last year, but SEGA doesn't give out hard sales numbers in their reports anymore.

Sonic Colors sold 2.18 million units according to SEGA's financial report from 2011.

segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/printing_annual/2011/ssh_ar11e_all_final_1021.pdf

>Eggman did recover his memories
Only because of Starline. If he had not tried to get the Doc's memories back, none of this would have happened.

Isn't he like, blocked form being used at all? I must be wrong thinking that since he's A) Originally from the games and B) He's Blaze's dimensional version of Eggman.

Actually it was Sonic's fault, straight up pulled a Goku. He let Metal leave and Metal went straight to Eggman and instantly allowed him to get his memories back.

He's not blocked, atleast not anymore. Ian also held back from using him cause he was waiting for Sega to finally figure out what his deal was. Don't know if that's still the case though.

Now THAT I don't like. Why the fuck would you let Metal go like that, hell, why couldn't Tails have reprogrammed him or some shit. I don't care if his weapons were taken away, you don't let a threat like him just wander around.

Probably didn't want to risk SEGA snapping at him for blowing Metal up again, like he used to do constantly back in Archie.

Then have Metal escape. Would have been cool to see Metal under lock and key, only for him to pull this cool breakout sequence of him blowing past guards, making his way back to his master. Something like this; youtube.com/watch?v=75aVWopsbPE

Let it go. I know being a hateful goblin feels neat but you're just embarassing yourself.

...Wait... Are you... claiming... S3K was rushed? What?
So why is SA1/2 fanwank ok when those games were one of the most rushed Sonic games in the series? Half of the content planned in SA2 was scrapped, while SA1 was a tech demo.

>Sonic
There's your problem.

I believe the problem started when Sonic Adventure tried to follow Super Mario 64's footsteps

Sega reasons...and that like Archie Sonic....Sonic the hedgehog is the natural reincarnation and embodiment of Chaos Zero.
Free as the wind, chaotic hero in morals. Chaos killed echidnas to be his own hero. Sonic let's metal go to terrorize others because that's his own kind of heroism.

Just like Batman.

>Mania was a fluke, Sonic is still dead
That's his entire argument. Zoomers are retarded.

>Just like Batman.
No because Batman would have Metal deactivated or held prisoner until he eventually escapes. Goku would let his villains go hoping to reform and/or fight them.

>. But are they still afraid of drawing Rouge the Bat's breasts? I always thought that was funny.

Attached: Rouge IDW.jpg (458x759, 127K)

>free flow of Sonic 2. Or 3. Maybe &K.
Titanic Monarch has tons of free flow compared to 2's Metropolis zone and 3K's Death Egg.
Mania is so automated compared to the old games, might as well compared it to Sonic Advance 2's freeflow. Speedruns are too easy.

Oh man I remember that issue. Every few pages had a few replies from anons saying the same thing.

BIG FAT BAT TATS

>Joker kills thousands of people
>bring him to Ark ham Asylum
>villains sleep in paradise and show up the next night
>Robin dies
Batman is an idiot just like Goku. Even the recent Batman Hush movie has Riddle calling out on this. Sonic is now like that since Sega gave him the mercy rule to iconic robots.

>why doesn't batman kill the joker
This is what 12 year olds keep asking and never understanding. Also the Hush comic has Batman strangling the Joker and Gordon shoots at him and tells him to not kill him. Just look up basic law and understand that Batman is a vigilante and the slightest hint of him stepping out line would ruin the relationship he has with the police as well as his distaste for killing due to childhood trauma, the belief that killing Joker would create a power vacuum, and not giving Joker the satisfaction of forcing Batman to kill him. There's been dozens of reasons throughout the years but it boils down to this, it's a comic. Justice system doesn't work like that in real life and Joker would've been shot dead by police ages ago.

Attached: the more you know.jpg (1280x720, 47K)

I wanted Shard the Metal Sonic to come back, just with a silent but good Metal that would help Sonic for a few chapters before getting "Emerled" from holding a chaos emerald and turning evil again.

Instead we get Shadow wanting to kill Eggman when we know Sega's no kill rule. And then Sonic letting Metal go to help Eggman make AIDS. I'm out.
Ian Flynn is a hack.

>It's just a comic
We know... that's why everyone who lives in real life asks why doesn't the police or Batman kill him. And screw the Gordan/Batman friendship, this ain't Spiderman. The cops should want Batman dead too for being a vigilante which is still illegal. And the fact that he attracts villains by existing.

Morals should be out the windows considering Jokers' list. And Beyond proves that even Joker dying just been replaced by low threat street punks in clown masks. Not unlike the present thugs. But I'd have to ask the same to Superman and why he can't "one punch" all alien threats with infinite power. That's bullshit.

The difference here is the Tripfag isn't asking for old shit to come back. It's called coping. Which you aren't doing if you can't let go of muh Adventure/muh Archie/muh Classic

That being said, he's still a tripfaggot so what do I know.

And that's explained in the comics as well. Writers are aware of it and do various ways of reasoning it. Outlawing vigilantism was also explored in Civil War. Poorly but honestly not that far off what would happen in real life. Not sure if we'd have a prison for vigilantes in another dimension but something close to it.

A great past is better than a shitty present, that's why reboots are so common these days.
Sonic fails to live up to his past expectations.

Better to make a new furry-like mascot and make games and comics for them. Think Freedom Planet, but better to replace Sonic entirely with its own thing.

>"deep" and "complex"
try "relatable" and worth giving a damn about their problems because these "perfectly good characters" have to overcome their own struggles and achieve greatness from work and experience, which builds a better character.

It's why nobody cares about Sonic "I can't lose because Sega wont allow it" the Hedgehog. He's boring, shallow and unlike Archie comics, is way too annoyingly upbeat or snarky serious.

Your characters don't need to change to be entertaining. You're talking some high school English class shit, user.

Man, I cant wait for the next issue! I wonder how it's going to go down!

>Sonic realizes that he cant beat Shadow without further infecting himself, runs away while Omega holds him off
>Runs to another village where he meets another group of friends, I don't know, Mighty and Ray? Replace these two with whatever the fuck characters you want
>Said friend, probably Ray, acts like a retard in the situation
>Despite everyone warning Ray about the danger and the danger clearly illustrated, Ray will probably plead for some sort of way I'd helping instead of hurting the infected
>Oops, my infection is accelerating, better run put of the situation
>Ray goes against Sonic and Mighty's wishes and acts like a fucking dumbass and gets himself infected
>Sonic comes back just in time to see this dumbass turn
>Cliffhanger splash page of Ray fully turned, Omega and Shadow in the background
How close am I?

Attached: 1565643108603.jpg (720x533, 26K)

>Mighty and Ray?
user, I...

Whisper is a cute!

Attached: 1557650173468.png (600x656, 430K)

Not enough Tangle, whisper, and Emerald.

Pretty off, this is the designated yearly Sonic v Shadow fight. They will just punch each other for most of the issue while Rouge and others yell at them to stop.

Off
>"Crisis City, Part 2"! When a powerful ally succumbs to the Metal Virus, Omega and Sonic stand alone against an infected city. And even if they can save the remaining civilians from the zombots, will they be safe from Sonic?

Jewel

t. preschooler

>Sonic
>Losing
He'll never get fully infected because he has Word of God immunity now. Gary Stu to the max and cure himself.

I want to see her lips around ChadFinite's cock

Considering the next 3 issues after won't feature Sonic, he just might.

>nobody cares
You don't care. Don't speak for others when numbers blatantly disagree with you

Not impossible. Shard was more Sonic than Sonic and he was just a robot master with an arm cannon.

Attached: s.jpg (256x510, 34K)

Most of the modern fanbase, and probably you too, are babies who got into Sonic with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle in the Gamecube. They're already more Mario fans than Sega fans.

BUT SATAM, user
BADASS JIM CUMMINGS SUPER EVIL SATAN ROBOTNIK
DON'T YOU WANT EGGMAN TO BE BADASS LIKE THAT, DAMN THE FEASIBILITY OF IT ALL

Boco, why do you lie?

>Sonic can't be emotional
No, the mandate is "Sonic doesn't cry his heart out". Ian can't write emotion that's not just a furry soap opera "I AM CRYING AND SAD NOW" like that goblin rape comic, which is why he has problems with this. All the other current writers just quickly realised "ok, so if Sonic doesn't cry, does he emote in other ways" and wrote fine with that.

>Sonic can't lose
It's Sonic can't permanently lose.

>Sonic can't date
Sonic wouldn't date in the first place. This one and the first one amount to "Sonic must be Sonic". If you were writing for the Star Wars license, would you complain you can't write Darth Vader crying while watching cartoons?

>Amy can only like Sonic
Why would she like anyone else? Again, see above

>Other characters can't be in love
Nonsense

>Sega characters cannot change in any way
Again, would you be allowed to write Darth Vader discovering he really likes pony cartoons

>Sega characters cannot die
"Hey kids I know you're coming here to read Sonic but he's dead"

>males can't wear pants
Yes, it's called art consistency

>Again, would you be allowed to write Darth Vader discovering he really likes pony cartoons
What a stupid example. Why would you pick an example like Darth Vader, a character who infamously DOES change when he kills the Emperor to stop him from harming Luke?

Because that change was made by Lucasfilm themselves, much like how if Sega wants Sonic to suddenly become an emo crybaby, they can do it. You, the licensee writer, can't make that change, they, the IP owners, can.

This. Milton Knight once described AoStH Robotnik as "incredibly excited about the fact that he exists", and this is so in line with canon game Eggman it isn't funny.

Eggman thinks he is the greatest fucking thing there every was without a single shred of doubt. His 300 IQ is absolutely dwarfed by his galaxy-sized ego. In his mind, a world ruled by Eggman is the most perfect, benevolent existence imaginable, and anyone with half a brain would be ecstatic about living under such a magnificent ruler.

Attached: eggbow.gif (320x180, 1.55M)

I wonder how much energy you waste every day fuming at a 30-year old children's cartoon.

Oh wow, she's gone from a whole one polygon to two.

none of them were Penders.

>given more freedom than ever
except they can't use anything from before Adventure

>Two comics in, and everybody in the reboot ended up regaining all their memories of everything that had happened pre-Genesis Wave. I don't even know what they point was.

Actually, they wound up forgetting everything by the end of that 4-issue arc

the reason for it is stupid. Ian wanted a clean slate. The editor wanted the previous comics to matter so that people would buy older issues, so them remember but slowly forget was a transition period to allow both people to be happy.

>B) He's Blaze's dimensional version of Eggman.
Actually, he's Eggman's descendant from Silver's time. His schtick is that he wants to make sure his grandpa isn't a total failure, so he makes up stories and impersonates him and shit.

He's Chris-Chan, but he actually does things.

No Sally written properly, NO BUYS/

Then why did you even make a post? Archie Sonic is gone

Attached: 2017112619471900-CF98809EEE1B5F0F290A324B0E558A46.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

This man seems to know his shit

Capes fan here, LOL we wish.

...Issue?

That chart's not wrong about the Sonic fans of the 90s "growing up" to become autistic little shits like Chris Chan who make MS Paint OCs on DeviantArt and write self-insert fanfics.

>MUH MANIA
>MUH MANIA

Autism Incarnate. A typical Sonic fan. Enjoy settling for mediocrity; it's the best your beloved franchises can strive for.

It is wrong about Mario fans growing up to be productive members of society.
Only fans of both ended up well-adjusted enough to succeed in life.

>I’m also not sure why SEGA didn’t choose to buy the rights to the Archie FF

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA'HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAH

Haaaaaa

Oh wait, you're serious? Oh shit. This level of autism...

NO ONE AT SEGA KNOWS ABOUT OR CARES ABOUT YOUR SHITTY FURFAGGOT CARTOON AND COMIC OCS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

wow, you sound mad.

SEGA owns those characters, IDW just doesn't use them because they're garbage no one cares about, they've made new and better side characters

>Only fans of both

>UNDERAGE DETECTED.

You weren't around back in the early 90s, clearly. Only spoiled kids had both a Super Nintendo AND a Genesis. It was one or the other for 99% of the population. You played Mario OR Sonic.

But you wouldn't know that because you're 12.

The real reason for the memories was to offer a way to return everything to the old continuity once things calmed down in court, but Penders wouldn't let up on the lawsuits and so they ultimately had to give up on that for good.

It took a while, but people are understanding why IDW is better and for the best. As funny as it may be to see a dumpster fire, the smell is going to present a problem eventually. While it's not likely that you'll see pic related as the main cast, Archiefags really thought not following the same format was going to kill the comic.

Attached: allthecharactersyouneedforyourcomic.jpg (1851x1500, 3.25M)

IDW was right in that they pulled the bandage off quickly and were done with it regarding the SatAM/Archie OCs. Just get rid of them and their baggage, all at once, gone forever, no going back, DONE.

The autistic Sonic community responded with their sobbing and screeching, but like a spoiled child told they can't have their way, eventually they lose the energy to tantrum and accept that they've lost. The SatAM cast is gone, they aren't coming back, the franchise is moving on without the SatAM/Archie fanbase and they can either come along or stay behind.

And the truth is, Sonic as a franchise has a mostly bad reputation BECAUSE of the hyper autistic Archie/SatAM fanbase; the DeviantArt MS Paint Coldsteel the Hedgehog types. The Christian Chandler types. With them associated with Sonic, no potential new fans will EVER want anything to do with the brand; they've rendered it toxic to the point where if anyone sees you reading a Sonic comic or playing a Sonic game, the assumption is that you're low-functioning autistic "because all Sonic fans are autistic, right?"

IDW did the right thing. Let the autistic furries go. The franchise will flourish without them. This isn't a Star Wars the Lest Jedi thing or a Ghostbusters 2016 thing. This isn't about some SJW or whatever ideology. This is about cutting a cancerous growth from a franchise before it kills it. And that's the Archie/SatAM autists. The Christian Chandlers. They need to go. Get rid of them.

You're seriously arguing that the only way to write a good kids' comic is through character development/o going drama.

I appreciate the compliment, but I really don't. It's nothing but taking the parts that make a licensed comic tick (staff, potential readers, licensor) into consideration. The long form story on licensed work is a big gamble that can be extremely profitable (see pre-90s ASM), but focusing solely on that when you want an interminable comic is unwise. The license holder, their feelings on the brand, the whims of the market; it can all change at any time. Sonic as a brand is also all over the place to the point that trying to go to either extreme isn't a good call. It thrives on its malleability, and given the potential audience is going to be made up of children just getting into it, adults with a strong affection for the brand, and people just looking for good comics, you need to be able to both retain attention with little hooks while also treating familiarity as a bonus rather than a requirement.

The IDW run has been really good so far. IDW these days makes pretty solid stuff. I like their Transformers run (pre-2019), although my main complaint there is it pulls a western comics and is all over the place in terms of timelines. It's nearly impossible to piece it all together using their hardcovers.

Pasta or not, I agree.

Not him, but you put that faggot in his place. I'm sick of those Archiefags crying about muh lore and muh story. Continuity isn't a bad thing, but making it convoluted can turn off people. Example, I picked up Archie at 124 and dropped it the next issue 'cause I had no idea what was going on. Finally reading it from Yea Forums's ride years back, I don't regret dropping it.

>My favorite portrayal of Eggman is that of the world's most dangerous snake oil salesmen.
I can't think of single time where he acted like that. The closest I can think of is Colors and even that was just a facade to create a mind control laser.

Yeah. The IDW comic is also pretty bad, though. I think I'd prefer a dumpster fire at this point, because I can get better versions of what Ian's peddling from free web comics. It's using Sonic as a crutch instead of free advertising and a conduit for creativity.

Because that's my opinion of IDW Sonic and we wouldn't be in this situation if Ken Penders wasn't such a hack.

>numbers blatantly disagree with you
According to the very advertised OKKO Sonic crossover, 0.3 million watched it. Kids don't give a shit for Sonic like in the previous generation. Sega doesn't care because the numbers gone down and fags like you still defend that. It's why all Sonic media is becoming a joke.
Just because you have a minority opinion on defending IDW Sonic doesn't mean it matters against the majority who play only the games, or read the superior Archie. Hence thread.

>I'm sick of those Archiefags crying about muh lore and muh story. Continuity isn't a bad thing,

Funny, because the best era of the Archie Sonic comics was the Dave Manak era; the first 2 years of the book when there was no continuity, no lore, no drama, and it was just funny episodic plots for 20 or so issues.

They still had more soul than any of IDW OR Sega's shit.

>Manak era
That's a weird term for it given he was just one of many pencillers on the book and was just copying Scott Shaw. I get what you mean, though. I think DeCesare hit the best balance of silliness and character interaction. Could have been a lot better, but it was solid.

Bad writing is not a reason to scrap characters. Rebooting them, maybe. Problem is the reboot came too late..

Actually Ian recently said that he is still waiting on permission to use them and he he has some ideas as to how to reintroduce them.

Characters don't need to be used. Ian spent a decade on them and barely did a thing, bringing them back will be more of the same. Maybe when he leaves the books.

I don't trust Ian. He'd just shit on Sally with his cliche'd writing as usual.

>Chris
pic ruined

What the fanbase is mad about isn't the characters and OCs being thrown away.

People reading Sonic Universe, Megadrive, and the main Archie series wanted an ENDING. You know, to wrap up their current arc quickly and have their collection complete in 2 more years to make the series ending.

How many times are we gonna have open endings like Underground, SatAM, and now all of the Archie comics? I will never not be mad that they cancel it ON THEIR OWN TERMS and not decide to end it properly.

Attached: Sonic_-_Mega_Drive_-_Overdrive.jpg (900x1388, 252K)

SEGA no doubt will see to it that the FF never see the light of day again.

No loss, though. Their time is done and then some.

Oh I agree Ian treated them like shit, but I'd rather tthem be alive and written subpar than dead.

You liked Sally before he came on?

And you'd probably let your loved ones continue to suffer in a coma than know when to let go and pull the plug.

You're proving his point: it's the writer's fault for not being able to lay down good writing for the characters, not the characters themselves.

That's stupid. So long as the brand exists they can come back later, eventually.

There were a couple early stories where Sally was likable. Pretty much all of them characterized her as a grump who was clever, but goofed up when riled up. You know, like Knuckles.

>it's the writer's fault for not being able to lay down good writing for the characters, not the characters themselves.
Duh? I agree.
I'm saying there's no point trotting them out just to waste time if it's going to be bad.

Not particularly, but I saw and still saw potential in her character, despite being mishandled by both.

I enjoy these characters and want a future for them. They need to be used at all for that to happen. I'm not a fan of bad writing, but I also don't want something to never be given the justice it deserves.

>I enjoy these characters and want a future for them.
They had a future. We saw it through for far longer than expected, and now their time is over.

Oh, if that's what you were implying since initially, then yes, I do agree with you. With Ian being such a bad writer, I would indeed prefer if FFs stayed in indefinite hiatus, and I would love if they do come back as long new writers are hired and Ian is relegated to never write again.

>opinion
>doesn't look at comic sales
>not knowing Archie's Sonic highest sales
>Ignores that drama and continuity hooks readers in.
Self-contained comics with no arcs or continuity would've killed Archie Sonic like any random cartoon show. Remember comic book makers need readers to buy current and past comics to get sales. From that business perspective, a comic on a status-quo that follows Sega's strict rules and has no continuity is the worst.

Also kids and teens love anime which is all about continuity. Why not?

>Bad writing is not a reason to scrap characters.

The Freedom Fighters had outlived their purpose. They were created at a time when Sonic had only 2 games and 1 supporting cast member. They rounded out a full cast because there were none from the games.

That was 27 years ago. Every role that the FF members played in 1992 has been filled by an actual game character. There is no need for any of them anymore. They did a job that was needed in 1992, but 1992 was a long time ago. They're obsolete. They're dead weight. And most of them are just plain embarrassing.

Yeah, those were great. I admit I tend to overlook the earlier issues but that's how bad the trash:treasure ratio is. There was nothing on for the comic when it got serious. The amount of disconnect from Archie and SEGA is astronomical. How the fuck do you explain your humans having three fingers and then try to introduce another human tribe with four? Worst part is, that has the premise to be cool in any other comic.

>Oh I agree Ian treated them like shit
Pendersfags actually exist?

Attached: not going fast.png (80x77, 15K)

No. They weren't written well, were mis-characterized and ruined so they were givem the axe instead of the imbeciles who ruined them. That isn't fair. It's like killing off Jughead because someone came in and wrote him all shitty.

Archie Sonic didn't get cancelled on its own terms. The publisher was incompetent, kept getting dragged into legal battles involving Sonic, and so Sega stripped them of the license before they could fuck up again.

Archie didn't deserve a finale or closure. It's arguable that a publisher so blitheringly incompetent didn't even deserve to have the license in the first place.

Penders did as well.

>The Freedom Fighters had outlived their purpose.
That's like saying the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. outlived their purpose. Yet, they still came back and expanded Mario's roster and even appear in Mario Kart. You just can't wrap around your head that the Freedom Fighters could work in a comic population of 50 supporting characters. Their purpose is to fight Eggman and be Sonic's friends like everyone else was introduced for. And for the Forces scenario which was a rip-off of SaTaM entirely, that would've been the best way to use them.

Repetitive Sonic characters with similar personalities and purposes has always been common phenomenon through the franchise, and it's not a good convincing argument to justify your personal dislike over some characters. Game Sonic characters also suffer this too: Fang and Rouge, Cream and Charmy, Jet and Shadow, and more... hell, look at Sonic Heroes and its proposed idea of teams.

Wrong. Good writing could have made them relevent enough to stay used in their own universe. Hell, you could argue the game characters that "Replaced" them are more uninteresting than they are.

Then I don't understand why you would care about them in the comics then.

.....Simply put, Panders.

Attached: Sonic Boom_Finger Bite.jpg (1280x720, 117K)

Because they were still endearing characters that had good moments underneath that were never really used properly or given good writing. Thats not their fault.

>Sega stripped them of the license before they could fuck up again.
You just defeated your own argument. Penders and lawyers didn't do it, Sega who is on Archie's side did it. And btw, they didn't screw anything up since post-reboot and Sonic Universe played everything safe and followed Pender's orders. Sega is the incompetent loser who took the ball home because they were mad they even got threatened.
>Archie didn't deserve a finale or closure.
Fuck off with this "deserve" shit. You had a massive fanbase paying money for ongoing stories, dedicated SaTaM fans reading every issue, and the MegaDrive run with it's final issue complete but unsold because they weren't allowed to sell it. What comic book publisher doesn't make mistakes?

I hope she gets brought back. With less screaming about the government, anyway. The one really good thing that came out of Boom, other than maybe Amy getting a character that isn't just splooshing nonstop over Sonic, is Sticks.

I mostly agree, but Antoine's archetype and Bunnie's character concept still have a place. Antoine was never utilized properly, but Sonic having an antagonistic friend who's self-deprecating is absolutely perfect for emphasizing Sonic's personality and making fun character interactions. I think the only reason Sega never did it themselves is because they want all who bicker with Sonic to be "rivals" and said rivals need to be "cool." His character design, name and gimmick are terrible, however, and at this point you may as well make a new character to fill his potential role. Bunnie has a unique disposition among the female cast, a good name, a good design and a great gimmick. Her only issue is that nobody ever bothered to flesh her out or give her interesting character flaws. You could replace her, but she has such a specific identity that the replacement would immediately be called out.

I'll give you the others. Rotor had barely any identity even back in the day, Sally was undercooked and redundant while also having too much background baggage, and Nicole was a plot device turned waifu bait. Decent designs, but no point in seeing them again.

>Sega who is on Archie's side did it.

>Sega stripped Archie of their license, but Sega was totally on Archie's side

You're reaching Chris Chan levels of Sonic autism, user.

Let it go. They're gone. They're not coming back and SEGA is smart enough for once to know the potential snakes that could strike. Just admit you don't give a fuck about the new OC's and want your faggy Freedom Fucktards back because anything else is blasphemy.

>Antoine's archetype and Bunnie's character concept still have a place.

They really don't bring anything to the table that existing Sega characters already bring.

Antoine is Sonic's snooty, standoffish rival that thinks he's hot shit but is actually a big joke?

SHADOW.

Bunnie is the good natured if not too bright powerhouse of the team?

KNUCKLES.

The Freedom Fighters are obsolete across the board.

I'd be good with Tangle and Whisper if the writing was better.

Don't bother. At this point Sonic is fucked and I can do nothing but miss the characters (and characterizations) I enjoyed it sorrow. In that way, he's won.

There is every reason to see Sally again and it's precisely what you just said. She, too, was wasted. They all were.

>Fang and Rouge
Fang is a straight villain, Rouge is an anti-hero spy.
>Cream and Charmy
Cream and Vanilla were introduced to show a family concept in Sonic. Charmy was just the youngest kid who joined the Chaotix. Both and Tails are very different children.
>Jet and Shadow
hahaha. No. The Babylon Rouges share much more with Rouge and Team Heroes. They never even interacted before.

Overlapping personalities maybe, but each of them have their own uniqueness or flavor of personality that makes them worth reading about. .

Neeeever said that, and you know it.

Penders and lawyers VS Archie and Sega

Are you saying Sega was on Pender's side the whole time? The defendant team just decided to drop the case after they were already on agreements to not use the characters.

>Let it go. They're gone. They're not coming back and SEGA is smart enough for once to know the potential snakes that could strike. Just admit you don't give a fuck about the new OC's and want your faggy Freedom Fucktards back because anything else is blasphemy.

It's all just waifu fags. Every single solitary one of these "BRING BACK MUH FREEDOM FIGHTERS! THEY'RE GOOD CHARACTERS WHO ARE TRULY UNIQUE AND SERVE A PURPOSE IN THE SONIC FRANCHISE AND ENRICH THE MYTHOLOGY!" screechers have Sally and Bunnie and Julie-Su porn folders on their computers. Every last one of them.

They don't want Rotor back. They don't want Antoine back. They don't want Tommy Turtle back. They don't want Snivley back. They just want their furry waifus back so they can keep on fapping. SEGA knows this and that their opinions and demands don't matter. SEGA ignores them. It is better this way.

>not too bright
Knuckles is gullible and ignorant of the outside world. Bunny is an airhead. This is not to support Bunny, it's to show how bad Knuckles got flanderized. Tails also developed into what Rotor was but much better and Sally has no purpose period. Bossing around Sonic goes against what Sonic was established to be character-wise. Someone like Amy works nicely, has an admiration for Sonic but isn't too strong about and understands that Sonic is his own man.

>Neeeever

Attached: 2569859537_a4968eec6b.jpg (500x357, 64K)

>new OCs
I have never asked for that or EGGMAN'S DOZEN, but wtf I love them all and I wish they came back. Tangle and Whisper are good additions too. But come on, EVERYONE IS HERE is the reason why reboots exist. If you fail to do that, just make a separate furry mascot comic and game series instead of pretending to be good since the expectations are set from history.

>Antoine is Sonic's snooty, standoffish rival that thinks he's hot shit but is actually a big joke?
>SHADOW.
>Bunnie is the good natured if not too bright powerhouse of the team?
>KNUCKLES.
It's like you intentionally ignored what I wrote and skimmed for names. Antoine's strength is in being self-deprecating. He doesn't think he's hot shit, he thinks he's a coward despite being fairly brave due to having awful nerves. He gets snippy with Sonic because he holds him up on a pedestal as if he's perfect. The dynamic is wholly unique and a great one to utilize, but it should be used for a new character that isn't stuck as a French stereotype sword boy. Bunnie has a wholly unique gimmick as a cyborg, is unlike all the other female characters, and has a great aesthetic.

Even if you don't think the specific character should come back, there's no reason to not use these elements going forward. You're being petulant because you've drawn a line in the sand and refuse to actually discuss the topic.

>EVERYONE IS HERE
What?

Your autism is showing. But you're an Archie Sonic fan, so that's a given. It's a tragedy that your mother is going to have to spend the rest of her life wiping your ass and slicing your oranges for you because you're so crippled with disability that you cannot function on your own. Then, when she dies after a miserable 70 years of babying you, you'll become a worthless ward of the state. That is your future.

But to perhaps clue you in, Sega wasn't on Penders' or Archie's side. It isn't a two party system, not that an autist like you could understand concepts beyond black and white. Sega taking the license from Archie doesn't mean they were on Penders' side, it means that they didn't want Archie to keep fucking up with their IP and inviting lawsuits from asshats like Penders.

Now, why don't you go watch some Thomas the Tank Engine reruns, hm? The ones with the model trains; I know how much you autists hate the new ones with the CG trains. Coping with change is not your strong suit, after all.

>muh waifus
Antoin main and Snively main here. Fuck yourself. Ctrl+F in this thread and there's comments here.

>It should be done again until it's good!
If we took that mentality we'd never make new things.

Wrong. I WOULD like those characters to return, Rotor was fun.

>Bunnie is an airhead.
Is she even? She just seems amicable, honestly.

>Antoin main and Snively main here.
>he types with his right hand, using his left hand to browse his Nicole the Holo-Lynx fap folder for just the right lewd to get him through the evening

>Is she even?

She's a dumb hick that wants to be a hair dresser. Typical Southerner. No, she was never very smart.

>Tails also developed into what Rotor was but much better
More like Tails was restored to being the super-genius inventor he always was after years of American localization erasing that part of his character, rendering his replacement Rotor as no longer needed.

Remember to flag low quality posts, anons.

You can absolutely do both things. Mina was a "New" character (Marred with bad writing too, but even so) and she co-existed with older characters well enough to warrant existing.

You don't just end characters because you executed them badly.

Also true. Blame SatAM for making him useless too.

Fun fact: He was going to be given development in season 3

The fact that they had to fundamentally alter Tails' character for no other reason than to justify the inclusion of an OC like Rotor is undeniable proof that the Freedom Fighters were only barely needed in the 90s and are absolutely NOT needed, now.

Is that why Tails acts like a stereotypical smart word nerd instead of being a clever kid? Being cocky about inventing super computers out of toothpicks isn't his character. Being an innocent kid genius who doesn't see how cool he is because of Sonic is his original character.

Her wanting to be a hair dresser and having a southern accent makes her an airhead? That seems more like having an accent and enjoying hair styling. The stories she's in tend to treat her as clever. Maybe you could argue she has tunnel vision I guess?

It wasn't SatAM. SEGA of America themselves wiped out much of Tails' character and backstory. It wasn't until Sonic Adventure that they started restoring it to how Japan always had it

I see no reason why he and Tails couldn't co-exist. Tails (Being younger) could be his apprentice.Maybe he even eventually surpasses him over time. That'd be a kino arc DESU.

>Her wanting to be a hair dresser and having a southern accent makes her an airhead?

I see you've never met anyone from a Red Start. Or you yourself are a Conservitard Trumpster.

Or how about this: Tails can be the genius while Rotor learns from him? I care about the game character from the game I played, not some caricature of an NPC that hops away when you defeat an enemy.

So your comic rule is that no character can share the same thing? That's like telling DC to get rid of all Superman-like characters or Marvel getting rid all Venom-like symbiotes.

Not everyone has to be unique. Shadow and Metal Sonic already share personalities with Sonic. You gonna cancel them too?

This post seems awfully discriminatoty, user.

>politics
Get back to >>/pol/ and stop derailing this good thread.

>Every single person who lives in Area X has the same beliefs and is stupid.
I can't tell if this is autism or some damn good shitposting.

The South will not stand for this!
Post Bunnie!

Attached: d51.png (500x667, 107K)

This seems like a thin attempt to invalidate him, but sure? Either way works, but the age factor seems ti suggest it would be tails learning. Your post seems to just be "LOL NO BECAUSE WHAT I LIKE" rather than being fair to both.

>Conservitard Trumpster
Funny how the adult-like Democratics resort to name-calling the second their feelings are hurt. Blaming Trump and boogey manning Republicans on all problems even in this Sonic thread is so autistic, you deserve a (you).

That's literally what Archie did once SEGA started demanding that Tails be brought in line with his proper game characterization. It went over a lot better than literally brain-damaging Charmy to make him the dumb kid bee from the games.

That's just it: Tails is younger than Sonic but he's building the machines and such. Why the fuck is some other character not from the games suddenly smarter than him? Fuck off with that.

Dude, Bunnie-Rabbot is a 'black' character like Knuckles. WTF is your problem?

I prefer IDW Sonic but I will admit, Megadrive not getting an ending was just disappointing, that was a really fun series
>According to the very advertised OKKO Sonic crossover, 0.3 million watched it.
On television, which is dead. Everyone watches shows online, on their website, or their app. And some people just watch it on youtube or pirate streaming sites
youtube.com/watch?v=ABG8bA493UI
This video (there were a lot of other uploads that had a lot of views but were taken down) alone has 300k views
>majority who read the superior Archie
IDW sells better than Archie

The Archie comic had no need of Rotor, especially toward the end.

You had Tails, the genius inventor, and you had Nicole, the computer AI super hacker. WTF niche could Rotor fill with THEM around?

God, I remember when they tried making him a politician for a while just to give him something to do. Then after the nu252 soft reboot, they got him jacked and made him a super strong guy. They couldn't think of a damn thing to do with Rotor; everything he brought to the table was filled by other characters. What a piece of shit.

>good thread
>a bunch of retards who think Archie sonic wasn't overwhelmingly trash
I hate politics posters as much as the next guy but this thread was a mess from the OP

>I prefer IDW Sonic but I will admit, Megadrive not getting an ending was just disappointing, that was a really fun series

Mega Drive was the best thing Archie put out with Sonic in it, but that was 100% to do with it being entirely disconnected from the actual Archie Sonic elements and sticking closely to the storylines and characters of the Sega games.

Archie Sonic was great... so long as you take out everything Archie about it.

Like I said, either way can work, so why do you seem so upset at the fact a character not fron the games is smart as well?

Yes, that was bad writing. It doesn't mean he couldn't have still been an inventor, or at least given a reason to be one. Which, if he were tails' equal, would be fine.

>Mega Drive was the best thing Archie put out with Sonic in it
I mean, probably? I liked the Boom comics, but yeah that's pretty true

>IDW sells better than Archie
proof please?

I guess you can say Archie Sonic was "good shit". Since people bought that trash for 250+ issues + spinoffs straight.

Because I don't care for those characters. I play the games. I want to see the game characters shine, not be in the background while the OC's get the spotlight.

Good post, Bunnie would be nice to see again.

Got the popcorn.

What'd I miss?

>Television which is dead.
showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-sunday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-4-2019.html
Yeah but comparing OK KO to all of the other CN shows making 0.6 or higher off the app and even reruns making more than the Sonic crossover, that is a red flag. Also the show immediately got canceled the week after the premier.
>but piracy and YouTube
tell that to Steven Universe ratings, which still brings in television viewers after entire seasons have been up on YouTube.

Sonic isn't the popular groundbreaker like he used to be.

Thats nice. I can care about both and find a way for both to exist.

>What'd I miss?

IDW sucks and only faggots like you think they make good comics.

The difference here is Rotor can't and won't come back.

Oh, stupid opinions then. Got it.

Archie vs IDW when I think both of them had their flaws and if they merged all characters under one roof and removed restrictions, it would've been the best reboot possible.

Or that Ian Flynn is a hack and we need new writers who aren't boring and make better pacing for the chapters.

Then do I have good news for you! Enjoy Tangle and Whisper being shoved down your throat even though nobody asked for OC the spinoff series.
Give Knuckles, Tails, or even Amy their own spinoff but please no OCs.

user, I accepted this years ago. However, I can still state that I do miss those characters and I think they deserved better than they were written. They predate a lot of game characters and were better than quite a few of them in my opinion. It is, however, only mine and I know a lot of younger fans won't ever enjoy them as I did. It does make me sad thou

I can read the main series and not worry about that spin-off

BAM

Got you nigga. I end my turn.

>the show immediately got canceled the week after the premier
You're fucking stupid. It was cancelled before the start of the season.
>Yeah but comparing OK KO to all of the other CN shows making 0.6 or higher
This is false

>Steven Universe ratings
Congrats you picked CN's highest rated show, which, a year ago (and TV ratings are further down since then), the most viewed episode topped out at 1.1, most of the episodes floating around .7 - .8 while the finale, of what is again CN's biggest show, got .9.
Even TTG premiers are topping out at .5
And it's not because no one is watching them
It's because no one is watching TV
If you want to measure the influence of something you don't go to TV ratings, you look at social media reach, search trends, video views, and other actually modern metrics

Attached: file.png (1162x585, 38K)

What main series?

If you're using social media to devalue archie/the FF gang, thats unfair really. They aren't being utilized in this era.

>nobody asked for
You really need to leave /sthg/ for once, they're really popular characters. And you can literally just not read it

I draw, advertisements and interlocking stories referencing to their adventures. In defense mode.

Shadow is once again written like a total edgy fanfic character and not correctly.

>they're really popular characters
Where? Reddit, discord, YouTube? They planned the spin-off before IDW Sonic was even released, kinda like Greninja being developed for Smash 4 before X and Y.
It doesn't mean they need a comic spin-off when I'd rather have 12 more pages added to the current comic so the arc can finally go somewhere.

We aren't talking about archie vs idw, he said
>Sonic isn't the popular groundbreaker like he used to be.
But Sonic is still an incredibly big name who sells even bad games purely by existing within them, is getting a big budget film that will literally only sell tickets because his name is on it, whether its good or not.
Whose video game ads pull in millions of views
Who gets 41 million views on a reupload of a miniseries youtube.com/watch?v=LYvO8eaWJNc
It's fucking insane to pretend this character isn't popular no matter what they think of it

People who actually buy and read the comics

>Implying
It would go just as slow if you added 100 pages a month, user. It's a writing problem.

>spinoff of not Sally and OC exists
>It won't devolve into OC first, Sonic later like Archie

Attached: trapcard.png (636x701, 477K)

Ohh. Yea Forums storytimers stay back, every opinion from those are irrelevant now. Thank goodness I don't support IDW and have my neat stack of Universe comics and Encyclopedia to read.

Not if SEGA has anything to say about it.

Spot me the sales on #1, senpai.

Sega let Shadow tell Sonic that he wanted to kill Eggman like something out of Tails Gets Trolled. Sega already put a no kill rule, so why is he being devilishly edgy? Sega is lenient on shit.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>opinions from people in storytime threads matter
This is a board with a regular userbase of like, 1000 at the most, at a small fraction of that small userbase actually posts in sonic comic threads and an even smaller fraction of that actually buys them.
10,372, so about 92% of the people who bought Sonic #19 bought Tangle and Whisper.

>Sega is lenient on shit.
No shit. Sega approved THIS design to represent their character in a major Hollywood family film. It took backlash from fans to get the studio to change it, not Sega. Sega doesn't give a shit.

Attached: untitled.png (1600x843, 1.26M)

Considering that's a #1 with multiple variants, that's not great. The dropoff on #4 is gonna be something else.

>SEGA approved
No they didn't. Paramount is in complete control. SEGA employees aren't even allowed to talk about it beyond saying "that's paramount"

Man, you must be having a hard time bud. Even if they lost fucking 4000 sales over the next three issues thats still a majority of the active readers wanting the comic. And it's a bit on wishful thinking on your part to even assume a drop that big

>The Comic Original spin-off.
As I've said before- this is my main gripe with the series. Not the characters, even though they do fill in quite generic character archetypes, but the fact there's already a spin-off.

I get it. The new characters are likeable enough, but I still think it's too soon for a spin-off comic at all. Maybe if IDW pulled their finger out their arse and finished the current story, first, then sure, go ahead. But at the moment, the only reason to buy the T&W, is that at least the story looks set to be moving in a forwards-facing manner. As apposed to the main comic, whose zombot story is pretty much just a grind to read through.

That being said- at least they're being contained, for the moment. One of the main problems with writing original characters is avoiding them overshadowing the actual characters. At least in this way, IDW can push them without them basically doing what happened with Archie.

This is unlike the other new guy. Wotsisface. Starbucks. Who's effectively a main character in this story despite actually being the supporting character for Eggman, as he's the guy who came up with the Robotification-goop. Guy even has his own Fancy Jewel like Knuckles and Blaze.

Now, the main challenge will be whether they can keep T&W from overshadowing the main cast when they inevitably rejoin the main book, because IIRC their series is supposed to be a mini or summat?

>buying comics makes your opinions matter more
>discards based Yea Forums opinions over shitposters
You gotta wonder why a big title like Sonic struggles on comic sales compared to Dogman or any Marvel/DC spinoff.
But seriously, even people who binge off kisscartoon and pirate cartoons make their own opinion online. You don't need to buy a comic to be entitled to be a reviewer.

And not once did you support your argument that Tangle and Whisper are the most popular characters, compared to so many original Sonic favorites. Well-recieved doesn't mean "Mommy! Daddy! I want more of that".

Really? Because the creator sure has.

Also, when can this thread die since we all agree IDW sonic is crap?

Starline is just Snively and Finitivus put together, and it's already being teased that he's going to betray Eggman now that he's seen just how inefficient his idol really is.

Nintendo is letting Illumination make their own Super Mario Movie. That and Universal is making Nintendo Land. So you bet your ass Big N is not gonna let anyone ruin their brand...again.

Sonic should be no exception. And they should've learned from Penders to watch their shit, but here we are again.

Let's do some math.
We'll be nice and round the price up to $5 and the sales to 10k. Tangle and Whisper #1 made $50,000 dollars! Success, right?
Now let's be ultra generous and say retailers paid $3.50 an issue for wholesale, meaning IDW actually gets $35k. Still good, right? Now, deduct advertising costs. We'll be generous and say it was only $5k on top of their normal expenditures to commission the comicon variant and produce it, make and print ads, do online marketing and print extra pages in the back of STH previewing it for a few months alongside the FCBD preview printing. Okay, $30k.
Now here comes the licensing fees and paying your staff for the month.

How much profit do you think they're left with?

>thats still a majority of the active readers wanting the comic
And that's an untenable sales figure. They're losing money at sub 7000. Ignoring that a #1 always has a boost of no fan sales, that doesn't correlate to "most of the readers want this."
Shame too, as it's better than the main book.

Losing 49.9% of readers for #1 still means "that's still a majority of active readers". You can't figure into comic sales for shit. That and DC/Marvel fans coming in to say IDW Sonic is shit, they also make a point without even touching Archie Sonic because it's that garbage. Characters, plot pacing, and robo zombies being a rehash of SaTAM robotization. It's nothing new.

Well yeah, the virus story's still ongoing and we're getting to know more characters/being reintroduced. So if by the time we reach 50 and it's barely moved on front the virus story, then there might be a problem. Calm your man-titties comic guy.

>Dude just spend another $80 lol
If your comic can't get going in six issues, it isn't worth reading.

>You gotta wonder why a big title like Sonic
Not a big title, IDW isn't a huge company. and licensed comics don't do big numbers
Are you stupid? Tangle and Whisper isn't funding the entire company, they have like 15 other ongoings and 2 other issues of sonic releasing last month. Not even TMNT would fund the entire company, this is why you make multiple series and spin offs. Besides the bloated ad budget
>They're losing money at sub 7000
This is functionically retarded. Most of IDW's comics run for years at or below this level, GI Joe almost never fucking sales 8000 you absolutely moron. Why pull numbers out of your ass like this?

>Most of IDW's comics run for years at or below this level
And IDW is in the red and has been for years. Whodathunkit?!

Have you missed the entire comic? There's literally been like no downtime, pretty much every chapter is Sonic protecting people, fighting metal sonic, fighting rough and tumble, eggman, the zombots. The comic has been going from the start

You realize that characters don't necessarily have to change right? Take Goku for instance, he's a character that barely changed from the beginning. He's the type of character that rather than changing himself, changes people around him, similar to Sonic.

Also, what's stopping you from relating to other characters besides Sonic?

I think what IDW lost that Archie still had even in its death throes was this sense of 'zany' to the world and stories. The current run feels too grounded to the point where it feels like it's holding back the characters and setting. I mean for a post-Forces timeline you have so much to work with like the Ruby prototypes, the entire space fleet, wherever Infinite and Buddy have gone off to etc. and we get Neo Metal and Zombots.

Goku changed plenty over the years. His road to becoming the strongest hero in the universe and making each feat surprise even the gods themselves.

Sonic just beats Eggman over and over and he doesn't get stronger, faster, or even recalls on past events. He only makes snarky remarks like "Eggman is doing THIS again?" because he sounds tired of doing the same shit. There's no change, no growth, so it becomes stale.

That's why people complain about IDW Sonic because Archie Sonic been there done that.

>Antoine is Sonic's snooty, standoffish rival that thinks he's hot shit but is actually a big joke?
>SHADOW.
That shouldn't be what Shadow is.

Attached: b91977b1-3f86-4021-b4ae-17aa870b1614.png (752x678, 157K)

>Sonic changing people around him
Maybe in the games, but looking at Shadow, Tails, everyone else, they still act flanderized and written terribly.

>goku changes
Goku becoming stronger is entirely arbitrary. The literal only change that happens is that at one point they say he isnt hitting hard enough and later they say he is. If you think there's any real growth from Goku you haven't been paying attention.

And if you think Sonic hasn't been challenged you haven't been reading or playing
>that's why people complain about IDW Sonic
Because people on this site will complain about anything

I want to force Sonic and Tails to fuck each other

FINALLY WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE IN THIS THREAD

Attached: 1529898685176.jpg (278x278, 103K)

They already do user~

What I'm trying to say is that Sonic doesn't keep his personality and change in how powerful he is. No new moves, no new techniques. Just the same spindash and maybe Super Sonic because hey it always works.
Even Unleashed made Eggman change by referencing the countless times he got defeated so he made a machine to capture Super Sonic. IDW does none of that, not increasing Eggman's genius or making Sonic do cooler moves like Sonic Wind to fight.

Without character continuity or growth, it stagnates or flanderizes. Just like IDW Shadow.

>its actually a good thing that fans hate it

Ah the DmC/Ghostbusters/Star Wars gambit. Let's see how that pays off, because it has such a good track record

Sounds fucking awful

Shadow has always been Shadow. And IDW has done a good job at pressuring Sonic with strong opponents like the Metal Overlord, or complex challenges like the metal virus. You just need to read it

>Shadow has always been Shadow
Play all games with Shadow in order. Then read Universe's Shadow arcs. Then come back and post. Pic related is your Shadow.

Attached: Sonic-Boom-Season-2-Finale-artwork_Sonic-Shadow.jpg (1200x675, 124K)

>WTF niche could Rotor fill with THEM around?
Weapon specialization. Everyone seems to forget this.

>IDW has done a good job at pressuring Sonic
Yawn, he has an entire team of furry friends and Burning Blaze. If you feel "pressured" by a walking dead parody, then shame on you.

Stop giving it attention

>Burning Blaze
Hardly a bonus when Ian is notorious for making Blaze job horribly.

Sometimes the OG ship remains the best ship

SA2 Shadow is the exact same. Shadow The Hedgehog Shadow, is the same, you can like whatever interpretation you want but shadow is the same

>If you feel "pressured" by a walking dead parody, then shame on you.
But there is no Walking Dead in the sonic universe...?

Shadow had a character arc from SA2 to 06. He actually grew and developed

Ian Literally has a folder filled with plans on how to bring in the FFs when

Don't even reply to the "shadow is the same" shitposter. Weak bait all around.

>IDW was right in that they pulled the bandage off quickly and were done with it regarding the SatAM/Archie OCs. Just get rid of them and their baggage, all at once, gone forever, no going back, DONE.

Ian literally has a folder of ideas of how to incorporate the FFs into IDW once he's given the green light to do so.

>Ian Literally has a folder filled with plans on how to bring in the FFs when
If Sega execs have brains they'll shut this down the moment he asks

The zombie robot virus thing.

>If Sega execs have brains
So, you're saying they'll approve it right away?

I don't believe you. He spent years shitting on them.

>Also, when can this thread die since we all agree IDW sonic is crap?

Boco is still fastened to IDW's dick, but that's a tripfag for you. Total retard.

>comment was talking about Sonic being pressured by the virus
>responder said that someone should be ashamed by being pressured by a TWD parody
Responder was saying Sonic should be ashamed by being pressured by a parody, when in reality, Sonic would have no idea what TWD is.

>proof please?
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2016/2016-12.html
>Archie Sonic #290:5,501
>Sonic Universe #93:4,735
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2019/2019-07.html
>IDW Sonic #19:11,335
>Tangle&Whisper:10,372

>Shadow had a character arc from SA2 to 06.
No he didn't and even then that makes IDW's Shadow wrong how? Because it fits the interpretation he has in most sonic media, and not whatever mythical arc you're referring to?

>I NO LIKE THING

youtube.com/watch?v=4a7SaE3AWkw

>That shouldn't be what Shadow is.

But it is, user. Shadow was created unironically as a product of late 90s/early 00s edgelord trends. We can see that now, so his only value is in being treated as the joke that he is, only he's the only one not in on it.

Have you been in this thread? This is literally just retards screaming about how they don't like IDW as if their opinions are worthwhile

Post the one before the Archie reboot. Rub it into their faces.

It didnt have enough of this boy in it

Attached: monki.png (202x340, 117K)

>Weapon specialization.

Bunnie had that covered. Shit, you couldn't even make Rotor into a cyborg with Bunnie around. He really was pointless.

>Sa2: I'm gonna kill all humanity to do Maria's last wish, oh wait, that wasn't Maria's last wish
>Heroes: Who the hell am I?
>Shadow: I need to figure out who I am... THIS is who I am! Goodbye past baggage.
>Battle: Hey, you're like my robot brother. I guess I can connect with you
>06: I don't even give a fuck that people will turn on me in the future. I'm going to save the world today.

'06 Shadow was nothing like early Shadow because he outgrew that phase and got a job like any adult would. Then Sega canceled him out of Unleashed and he's been worthless since to new writers.

I'm a turbo Sonic Autist like to the point that I was making a fangame and roleplayed back on the sprite forums and I think IDW is leaps and bounds above Archie

Again, bad writing. I bet most of the Anons here could write him fine.

>Battle: With Maria as my soul, I don't need emeralds to use Chaos control
>06: I'll work with GUN and save the world, all is forgiven. Mephiles represents the old me and I threw that away.

Then as deep in the spectrum as you are, you're still more functional than Archie Sonic autists.

>Press X to doubt

>Bunnie had that covered.
She only had the one weapon and it only worked for her. Rotor was the one outfiting vehicles like the Sky Patrol with weapons.

thank you

The virus is the TWD parody.

And what are you? You're the one gatekeeping.

>Rotor was the one outfiting vehicles like the Sky Patrol with weapons.

And with Tails around building vehicles like the Tornado, who the fuck needs Rotor?

Again, worthless, superfluous character. You must be his single, solitary fanboy on the whole of the internet.

You would be awful at writing characters then.

Rotor would never have existed to begin with had SEGA of America kept Tails' mechanical aptitude instead of stripping all his character away.

And it made him shit. Just like everyone else Adventure & Iizuka tainted, you GameCube Weeb.

Everyone knows the only time Sonic is every good is when SEGA has nothing to do with him.

Yeah it was ok....for a mini-series. But a Classic Sonic book would barely make 12-issue maxi series, let alone an ongoing. It be too repetitive.

I mean, you know a comic book based entirely on the games would just be nothing more than references, memes and fanservice wank, right?
What kind of retard would buy that for $4 every month?

Nothing of worth. pass the popcorn.

Press F to pay respects to thread.

Oh honey, you think Yuji Naka actually any clout anymore when it comes to Sonic? Only the ignorant gives a fuck about him and He's working for Squenix now.

>creator
Co-creator

If one good thing came from it, it was the fact that I actually am a 3D animator for games now lol

Attached: FangameSprites.png (144x58, 5K)

This has nothing to do with being a sonic fan or not being a sonic fan.
Yea Forums is a place where people come to talk about things they don't like for hours on end. This is why Yea Forums talks so much more about shit like Squirrel Girl than comics they all seem to praise like the Hulk (not saying either is bad or good, I've read neither). Yea Forums will absolutely refuse to make threads about things they enjoy.
Instead of just making a thread about the Archie comics OP made a thread to insult IDW Sonic
Instead of just talking about things they liked in Archie Sonic there are 500 posts of "I don't like this IDW thing"
Yea Forums is full of seething mongoloids who enjoy being angry for reasons no none autistic person can possibly explain or understand

Attached: anger.png (245x204, 100K)

>Post the one before the Archie reboot.
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2013/2013-07.html
>Archie Sonic #251:12,782

>when in reality
Sonic isn't real, smartass. This zombot arc is a bad TWD parody and everyone's too stupid and getting captured in each issue. For a zombie story, this is lame.

nani?!? The SaTAM and Pender OC issues actually beat IDW's current issues? What does he mean by this?

Jesus, that's a wipeout.

No, because they regret Archie and anything from it.

I'm not slogging through that without timestamps.

Well to be fair that was the end of the crossover, which boosted sales. The actual final issue of the pre-reboot (Sonic #247) sold 9,003.

It's really stupid because there are ups and downs to both series but everyone has to be galvanized to one side or the other. It's total black and white mentality

Basically, I was making fun of the way the argument was worded.

The finale of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover. Which had none of the Archie/SatAM characters if I remember correctly, just the game characters.

>people read game reviews to find negatives before buying
>people discuss negatives in comics and cartoons
>people ask "what went wrong"?

Welcome to real life interviews, dating, and media my friend.

Let's get past the semantic arguments, shall we?

I don't see how this is a parody of TWD. TWD isn't about a character who is slowly turning into a zombie and has to run away and not help people in order to save himself, where the running is also his only means of keeping the virus at bay.

It also isn't the story of a mad genius who loses control of his way to take over the world.

It also isn't the story of an obessive fanboy finding out his hero is nuts.

A lot of readers were too attached to the old continuity. Sales just kept declining since the reboot started as people realized the shit they cared about was going. Add to that the large issue number and lack of advertising by official sonic media.

name one thing this has in common with TWD, aside from both of them being zombie stories.

Zombies are a monster that aren't just the property of that one franchise.

there's literally a timestamp for the Q&A section.

>I want proof
>wah, I'm not going to look at the proof.

Shadow was never a big joke. He can be bros with Sonic sometime and Sonic treats him with as much respect as tails.

Negativity brings more discussion then positivity
This is true for every single thing you can follow

Muther fucker, you had an ok argument, but then you have to bring in the stupid monkey, didn't you?

So now it's devolving into autistic shonen arguments that crawled out of the shithole of Newgrounds and dA.

...which has then completed it's natural devolution and attract Shadfags who wanna argue about his "deep & complex" character development.

Why is it that when anyone fucking Sonic & Yea Forums, they don't ever mention some good shonen like One Piece or YuYuHakusho or just better shows like Lupin or Space Dandy.

It's always the fucking monkeys with you...monkeys.

Nah, but TWD features human idiots everywhere arguing with one another until each one gets captured by the zombie horde.

Oh look at that, Sonic and Shadow I hope one of them-- nope, Shadow has been turned. Who would've guessed that?

Should've parodied Resident Evil with Eggman being Wesker and turning others into monsters. Nah, make them Terminator robots.

And Archie already been there, done that. Look up the Prelates from Silver's Universe Arc with Enerjak.

OP your own thread and get lost reply spammer.

No one got turned into a zombot by arguing with someone else. Shadow and Sonic successfully had an argument and went off on their separate ways. It was Shadow's overconfidence that got him turned. I mean, he's the ultimate lifeform. He's immortal and has the cure for NIDS in his genes. Of course, he'd think he'd be immune.

Just like another Walking Dead argument and character leaving the group and getting turned. You just outed yourself.

1:02:26

>Everyone knows the only time Sonic is every good is when SEGA has nothing to do with him.

So you enjoyed Sonic Underground, then? I'm sorry to hear about your brain damage.

>I mean, you know a comic book based entirely on the games would just be nothing more than references, memes and fanservice wank, right?What kind of retard would buy that for $4 every month?

So it'd be exactly like every Sonic comic that Ian Flynn already writes, you dipshit?

>read game reviews to find negatives
Not to find out about the quality of the game, but to find negatives?
>>people discuss negatives in comics and cartoons
Pretty much only on Yea Forums It's pretty annoying, honestly. Like I'd assume you like something thats a comic or cartoon if you're here, why not just talk about that instead. The best threads on Yea Forums are the ones that happen when a new chapter or episode comes out and the people who actually like it and follow it jump in to talk about it before the screeching autist come in to say "its shit"
Like everyone has negative opinions of something, no one likes everything, but pretty much anywhere else people just... talk about things they like instead. I know a lot of people who are fans of the MCU and I think it's fucking trash so instead of talking to them about the MCU we talk about things we both like.
No one in real life enjoys being angry, or at least, a lot less than they do on Yea Forums. I don't even like something like the new She-Ra but just scrolling through that thread filled with mostly people who like the show and it's so much less fucking garbage than this thread.
How often can you say "I don't like thing" before you get bored? Like that seems legitimately sad if you can talk more about things you don't like than things you do. I can talk about things I like for fucking hours but just talking about this right now is actually boring enough that I stopped to read others threads while writing

outed myself as what? I stopped caring about the walking dead years ago, and forget specifics of it.

The fact they got a spin off before shadow( who is the second most popular character in the series ) is more reason to never forgive them.

>Not to find out about the quality of the game, but to find negatives?
After gamergate, you can't even trust honest reviews without checking back to unfiltered uncensored sites like Yea Forums for opinions and pointing out common problems. You could pay me $20 to say X game or comic is good. Everyone's opinions on experience shared together in an imageboard or a livestream is better than reviews.

>Pretty much only on Yea Forums
Yea Forums, Yea Forums, /sthg/, /fit/, and so many other boards and generals disagree. Bad things get shittalked in all places.

Dude, if you make a thread about "What went right?" it will give you a few comments before it hits page 10. But a single image of Star Vs. with no OP comment will hit 300 comments before leaving. People just like hating on things to be hated on. Try Reddit if you want a "I like" discussion instead. Yea Forumsntrarians and shitposters everywhere.

Why do you want Sally anyway? She's gay, remember?

Hey, it can pretty chuckle worthy....after a few special brownies and some whiskey.

Now Sonic Schoolhouse - THAT is the shit right there.

Exactly. How's that buyer's regret, retard?

Remember when Shadow in SA2 was so big he was a main character in his own story. Then he had his own ongoing character development and '06 was entirely run by Shadow's events first?
Shadow only works as a main character, not a sidelines furry friend, (you gOT this Sonic), or a random rival fight because suddenly he hates Sonic for no reason after '06 and Generations.

>buyer's regret

I read the IDW Sonic scans storytimed to test the series out. Glad I did. Never paid a cent for it. Never will.

I want an Eggman solo series or Eggman game.

>Never paid a cent for it. Never will.
Thank You. Unlike shitposters who say you can't judge a comment because you didn't buy and own a copy. Fix their problems and then I'll support it. That includes vidya.

>>>Pretty much only on Yea Forums
>Yea Forums, Yea Forums, /sthg/, /fit/, and so many other boards and generals disagree. Bad things get shittalked in all places.
You said comics and cartoons. none of those are comics and cartoons board, except for /sthg/ which talks about them because its based on a video game.
But yeah, in general this site is filled with subhumans
>everyone's opinions on experience shared together in an imageboard or a livestream is better than reviews.
I absolutely do not trust a single opinion written anywhere on this site. Yea Forums hates shows like OK KO and TMNT Rise
Yea Forums hates pretty much every game
/tg/ complains about new people enjoying a fun hobby
Yea Forums shits on shonen literally just to be contrarian

I'd sooner trust a fucking Kotaku owned site than anyone here

Attached: file.png (462x641, 382K)

You'll be surprised that subhumans are outside this basket weaving board and how many lurk in reddit speaking 4channel memes. So many boards cross over to Yea Forums, especially /pol/.
But that doesn't mean Yea Forums isn't bad, it's just that shitposting exists everywhere. There's plenty of based opinions on here.

Plus, if we used flags and IDs like 4+4 chan, you'd see the samefags making 5 comments or even replying to themselves. Like the OK KO Mr. Gar image comparison spammer.

Ahh, to be among the most cultured men of the high seas.

A toast to ye! to those without shit taste in comics....

...fuck, then what are we doing here talking about a Sonic book?

Attached: 1559370215998.png (714x833, 151K)

>Walk into /sthg/ to discuss KO Sonic crossover
>Everyone's gay sonic and shadow posting with Tails dick sucking
>Walk out.

>Walk into Yea Forums to discuss Dragon Ball
>JOBLY, BROLYCHADS, BEJITA-SAMA, KEKLY
>Walk out.

>Start Yea Forums thread on unpopular show
>page 10 in 2 hours.

I love this site.

I'm not the one crying about cartoon monkeys dude. Calm down.

>Tails dick sucking
now that'd be a good thread

Attached: 6ee.png (250x300, 77K)

Don't forget Iron Walrus! That was certainly a thing before it all came tumbling down.

>Don't forget Iron Walrus! That was certainly a thing before it all came tumbling down.

The whole Iron Dominion arc is best left forgotten, like 99% of Archie's Sonic book.

i just kinda spreg out eveytime people keep comparing Sonic with DBZ.

I don't give a fuck what Sonic Team wanted to do, the series went down hill as soon as they took something cheeky like Super Sonic being an homage and then went all in by taking away all the fun cartoony stuff from the Genesis and making a furry Vegeta and Trunks, making it all edgy and shit.

Like why the fuck does people want Sonic to be hedgehog Goku? Goku is the worst character in DBZ anyways. His entire supporting cast is more tolerable than him.

When Sonic became more shonen, he was at his worst. They took the titular "Mascot with Attitude" and made him stale wonder bread.

Is it because of those flash cartoons? or that one that looks like Sonic X?

Somebody make another Sonic IDW thread. This one is about to expire.

>This one is about to expire.
user, it's IDW Sonic. It was never fresh to begin with.

>Somebody make another Sonic IDW thread. This one is about to expire.

No. Ride this one to the grave. Just like the Sonic comics.

I talk about both and nobody pays attention regardless you son of a bitch.

Unlike you, jingling keys in front of my face doesn't entertain me. It's been nothing but Sonic and friends bumping into robots while repeating the year's arc issue to issue.

Are you really so stupid that you mistook "this comic is not actually making money or showing a meaningful amount of demand" for "look at how this comic is tanking IDW as a whole"?

>I don't like Sonic for fighting robots like nearly every Sonic game ever
>I like sonic for the kingdom politics and romantic drama

The comic is making money. Your retarded hypothetical about it needed to pay for literally all of IDW's bills is retarded

>And IDW has done a good job at pressuring Sonic
If Sonic is being effectively pressured, when the fuck is he gonna solve a problem in a way that isn't slamming his body against his enemy until it works or having someone else solve his problems for him? Evey single issue is solved the exact same way, except sometimes Sonic fails and retreats. He's never been forced to actually do anything creative.