Yea Forums told me this show was good. It turns out it's just a shitty anime-wannabe...

Yea Forums told me this show was good. It turns out it's just a shitty anime-wannabe. Almost all the other DC animated shows are better (BTAS, Justice League, STAS, Young Justice, Batman The Brave and The Bold, Static Shock and yes, Teen Titans Go!).

Attached: 280px-TeenTitansTogether.png (280x194, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XzWC63TxGPA
youtu.be/tZvWgMU52k0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I agree.

I want to fuck starfire while raven sits on my face

Remove young justice from the list and you would be right
It's not that it is good, it was good, it did a lot of things that nobody else was doing at the time and it worked

Hang all the cumbrains

Nah, Young Justice is still miles better than this show, even Khary Payton and Greg Cipes pretty much said so. There is a reason why that came back and Teen Titans didn't.

People have different opinions...what a shocking twist.

The attempts at being some comedy anime makes it nearly unwatchable. I think the people who praise it haven't tried to watch it since they were little children.

THIS

Rewatching the Season 3 finale recently, I have to concur.

False.
The anime focus makes it dated, but even on recent rewatches, there is plenty of the show that I still love.
There is an excellent show here. You can't just justify your dislike by saying that everyone who likes it is blinded by nostalgia and never revisited it.
>Before you say "If it was made now, you'd hate it"
If it was made now, it would be a completely different show influenced by the media and culture of today.

>anime
The stock go to complaint for 2003 titans
Just admit you valid complaints. The art style was fine for an action cartoon. Young justice looks like anime too

Both YJ and the DCAU have anime-like art-styles. True. But neither of them had something like pic related.

Attached: 250px-Trouble_in_Tokyo.jpg (250x365, 35K)

I mean it's good, but it's really not as good as those shoving it up your ass want you to believe.

This is correct. Neither YJ and the DCAU have shitty movies.

Oh ho, oh user. You don't get it, let me spell it out for you:

>MUH CHILDHOOD

Mystery of the Batwoman would like a word with you.

>shitty anime-wannabe
Get fucked you Mexican

Attached: 1498052851696[1].png (910x915, 700K)

It was a great show, well developed and 3 dimensional cast, great villains, great animation, unique style, and pretty fun stories.

>There is a reason why that came back and Teen Titans didn't.
gay shipping?

Samefag

There is objectively nothing wrong with anime style and you suck dicks.

Attached: gwencute.png (344x529, 403K)

Stop thinking with your dick you butt hurt weeb nigger.

Teen Titans Go is better by a long shot. It was fine for it’s time. Like 70’s Spider-Man cartoons.

But it aged relatively badly. Not bad by any means, just not great as we believed.

Attached: 0562345F-5DC4-4E64-973D-5EAAE6737F2D.png (302x414, 14K)

I'm argentinean. You almost get it right.

user, did you even bother to see the amount of IPs before screaming "SAMEFAG"?

Is there any better kind?

>and yes, Teen Titans Go!
Mr. Enter would like to have a 'chat'.

Attached: fagg augtist.jpg (512x512, 22K)

Dude, I defended the show.

You should have known it was shit because nobody cares about the show itself as much as they want to jack off to the characters in it.

What IS anime though?

Attached: the family simp.jpg (690x388, 301K)

I have watched it recently and the faux anime stuff is bad. But the rest is still great. You get a handful of anime-ish expressions and some cringey scenes but the action is top knotch, some of the episodes are pretty heavy and dark, and the various characters are fun to watch. And the best episodes are the occasional silly episode like Mad Mod or Control Freak. Haunted is some real dark shit.

Japanese animation is the worst thing to ever happen to Western animation.

>amount of IPs
Are you this new or just pretending?

i see you're also a man of taste

Are you talking about Code Lyoko?

Is unironically a great show and 99% of the complaints here are personal taste about anime influence

>there is objectively nothing wrong with anime style
>nothing wrong with anime style
I can't believe the trips are lying, man...

Attached: not_funny_at_all.jpg (510x430, 18K)

It's the Japanese word for animation, maliciously grafted onto our language by multinational and multicultural media conglomerates.

What you call "anime" is just animation from another country. It's not its own magical art form, they're just cartoons from a nation with cult-like homogeneity. Keep that in mind next time an animator says they're "influenced by anime [sic]," by the way.

Its a good show, but I’ll never understand why people prop it up on a golden pedestal and consider it the greatest piece of media ever greater by humanity.

I was in middle school when it came out and I was very much into it, so I understand the ‘nostalgia factor’. I watched through the entire series last year and I still think it holds up. But there is zillions of other shows and cartoons and better versions of the Teen Titan team and I think people are really letting their hatred for TTG cloud their minds and make them think it’s better then it really is.

Glen Murakami does make some great cartoons, I’ll say that much.

Attached: 98D56ED7-3126-4F5C-AE67-1AB32A363649.jpg (720x480, 47K)

This bait thread will reach 200 post. Maybe 400

>Every opinion I disagree with is bait
I thought we banned children at one point.

It is when all the criticism is literally "reee animuhhh" and "reee overrateeeedd", I mean even Yea Forums can't be this shallow.

>stop criticizing my show

On the other hand, it easily has the best Cyborg design

Attached: Cyborg.png (584x793, 343K)

So you really mean you want to fuck Robin while Beast Boy sits on your face?

I still enjoy it a lot, and I also think it had some really fun interpretations of characters that embody their good parts while filling them out with new things unique to the show.

This is the only reason people liked this show.

i wouldn't mind that

it's a good show with some great episodes. the anime style doesn't hurt the show at all.

Yes, BTAS, JL/JLU, STAS, Batman the Brave and the Bold, Static Shock, and even TTG are better. (TTG on merit that they are good at what they make their show for; comedy). Young Justice was good first season but when down hill at mach 2 speeds.

It is a shitty anime-wannabe, but remember this.
This is a show that was created in 2003 and ended 2006. This is around the climax of the anime-boom in America that was happening for decades. While a lot of people became fans of anime via Toonami being the gateway of english dubbed anime, Teen Titans was the ultimate show for getting those who didn't like the Japanese aesthetic into the genre itself by being an "american anime".
This was particularly popular with younger audiences and they latched onto this shit like butter.
So, now Teen Titans attracted a younger audience, gained interest from those fans who recently became anime fans, and interest from DC fans.

While it wasn't god-tier or kino like BTAS/STAS/JL/JLU/Static Shock/Batman Beyond, it was good at its own thing. A blend of comedy of action that spoke to a broad range of people.

If it ain't look like ass it ain't a cartoon, ugliness is part of cartoon essence.

The artist that draws these Marvel comics honestly deserves better than working on some Alternate universe Gwen Stacy-Deadpool hybrid rip-off.

Now that you mention it I would kind of like to see this.

Somebody activate the drawfag signal

Bull crap! Titans live action is way better than Trash Turd Go!

Kys moronic doofu.

>ugliness
Full of Amerifats fetishized wet dreams.

>Haunted
That episode made me avoid dust for a good month.

youtube.com/watch?v=XzWC63TxGPA

Did you know guys, There was originally intended 83' & 96' anime released?

Most of the time it wasn't anime at all and was just a stylish super hero show.
The chibi expressions were occasionally pretty obnoxious but the rest was great stuff that stood out from the typically more traditionally heroic or realistically dreary DCAU fare in a nice way.

I have to admit although I'm not the biggest fan of Teen Titans or TTG. the original show has some good qualities to it. I mostly watched it for some episodes but mostly for the Terra/Terra Betrayal arc. I didn't really care much for the earlier seasons but I did love the direction of the show when it came to showing messages about teamwork, trust and never leaving friends behind. I always felt that the anime-esqe style was kinda gimmicky, but the producers just thought it would sell better. that didn't stop me from watching some of it, as the writing and story development would be the main focus of the show. I can understand the hate for TTG. I know it feels like a slap in the face to many fans of the original '03 one but even the hatred has become overwhelming that people don't need an introduction on why it's bad. I have a nephew who loves the show but I don't care if he watches it, I don't need to force him to stop watching it I just shrug it off and don't need to show my hatred for it. Why can't some people be mature enough and ignore it but the idiots are just too busy watching it on how bad it is to the point that it feels like the bane of their very existence. It amazes how something people can be offended by a show that seems like a mockery of the original even though it's not made for them. whether you like the original, or hate TTG Vice versa it doesn't matter. The original TT might not be as great the ones mentioned on the top of the discussion board but in a way it good in its own right

>Its a good show, but I’ll never understand why people prop it up on a golden pedestal and consider it the greatest piece of media ever greater by humanity.
Due to the void left fromcomics of the era and modern comics
Simply being good is mind blowingly amazing to most comic book readers and Teen Titans fans
>My favourite Teen hero isn't getting jobbed/junkied/murder/raped/leaving the team this month? The writing is aimed at fans and not trying to 'break conventions'/expand to tumblr? ENCORE! ENCORE! FUCKING MASTER PIECE! 10/10

>83 teen titans
I remember the episode Star Fire fell in love with a guy and he dies that very episode, that weird relationship between cyborg and that white girl and the one where Wonder Girl dates a creepy red hair guy. Good times

>OP can't tell the difference between something with a loosely anime-inspired look and something actually trying to be anime
It's a world apart. Don't go crying to us just because you can't tell the difference between genres or styles.

>I’ll never understand why people prop it up on a golden pedestal and consider it the greatest piece of media ever greater by humanity.
It had a unique visual style, was serious enough but still had a lot of levity, the characters were very likable, the villains felt really fresh back in the day and the plots were out there enough to stand out from the more straight laced Timmverse stuff. It really hit a note with its audience and means a lot to many kids from the early 2000's.
Personally I don't think it held up super well but without its influence I doubt many of my favorite mid 2000's shows (In particular BtBatB and Transformers: Animated) would have been made and it was my first introduction to my favorite comic team (The Doom Patrol) so it holds a special place for me.

Nobody was talking about Titans live action though

/co perpetually lies
/co frequently has bad taste, worse even than normies because in many respects, even for /co material, /co is filthy with normie sensibilities and fetishes
/co also loves to take the piss

never listen to Yea Forums or anyone, form your own opinion

Watching the weakest finale to the weakest season proves his point?

I first watched it when I was in my teens and loved it. Is it at the level of the DCAU? No, but that doesn't make it automatically garbage either.

They beat the bad guy with THE POWER OF...the spirit? youtu.be/tZvWgMU52k0

All the season finales were really weak. Ironically, the best one may have been the first season's, which was cobbled together at the last minute when they realized they had never actually thought out what Slade's overall plan was supposed to be.

The Terra one isn't bad but all the season 3, 4 and 5 ones are resolved by asspulls. Why didn't Slade just let everyone die in the season 1 finale?

Based

Cringe

>The Terra one isn't bad
How did all the Titans survive Terra's attacks, Robin most egregiously of all?
What exactly happened to the city? What is Slade's endgame at all?
How is she suddenly able to overcome Slade's control?

>Why didn't Slade just let everyone die in the season 1 finale?
They explain it. If he allows Robin to die that means he loses. It's a psychology thing and I rather like it.

Oh well, true then.

>Its a good show, but I’ll never understand why people prop it up on a golden pedestal and consider it the greatest piece of media ever greater by humanity.
same reason people praise batman TAS and avatar, they dont know any better.

Them numbers definitely agree!

Attached: 23f.jpg (680x452, 91K)

This, I even saw some retards saying that trash like Spetacular Spider-Man is the best superhero cartoon ever.

He’s right you know.

>gwen stacy deadpool hybrid

Have you even read it?

Based

Static was a literal kids show outside of occasional PSA episodes. It sure as hell wasn't better.

Honestly, I think naming her Gwenpool was a very smart move, it allows people to detect dumb casuals like (You)

I kind of agree with you, but can I get some examples anyway?