Would SVTFOE have been better if they went with the original concept of Star being a magic-less sperg...

Would SVTFOE have been better if they went with the original concept of Star being a magic-less sperg? Developing a magic system was obviously above the writers pay grade so if you remove it the writers could've just focused on what they were good at e.g. character development. Star would've probably have been the best cartoon since Avatar.

Attached: 20a89c616ced9dc9136b6e39a9763234.jpg (494x640, 103K)

There's a dozen forgettable shows like that.

Name some.

Mona.

We would end like Twelve Forever type of story

>Star would've probably have been the best cartoon since Avatar.
Guessing your a "realism" fag
Truth is you can have the best characters and plot every but it doesn't mean shit if you have bad writers. Star Vs had bad writers

>magic-less sperg

So nefcy

No, because you can't trust this writing team with a coming of age narrative, which is what the original concept lends itself to.

I mean, that's kinda what Twelve Forever is.
Also it doesn't matter what kind of story you have if the writers are shit.
And the Star Vs. writers are shit.

I want to lick edible body art off star's arms legs and belly

>Mona
>forgettable
Fuck you.
Liking a cartoon about people controlling elements with kung fu makes someone a realismfag?

Does that make Toffee the show's Buttwitch?
He is already sexy

Attached: fe671e3a0dd2db503cda1927fadf855c.jpg (736x946, 119K)

Avatar is sort of known as the show people who hate animation like. It's because it gets closer to the completely live action like quality these people want western animation to be. Aka anime clones that miss the point of animation entirely

Toffee!

How can a lizard be so perfect?

Attached: e6b9c3c2245d23c3e675cd47048bce4a.jpg (735x436, 52K)

too cringey. This is actually the only way I can think of to make Star more hateable as an mc

I would've started it, ironically, with the two worlds being cleaved together from the start and magic being all but dead. Star revives a quarter of it in each season and at the end the worlds are safely split apart again and people can travel safely between them. You still get the drama of Star and Marco potentially being separated without the pointless casualties.

S1 Star > S2 >> S3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> S4

Also, mewmans don't exist and Star is a magical monster princess who messed up her first spell and caused the cleave.

Attached: 1b1267b490d2a2e9d1197e7661ba8955.jpg (736x660, 88K)

That art style is kind of charming.

Toffee should have succeeded in destroying magic in battle for mewni. Marco should have been stranded there. Couple episodes of adjustment, then magic starts randomly reappearing. Remainder of S3 & 4 a sliders-type adventure with Star and Marco dimension-hopping trying to restore magic, but unable to tell their destinations due to magic being fucked.
Gives the two leads a reason to be together. Give opportunities for the side characters to come in: spend a few episodes in Kelly's dimension. Gives opportunities for genuine conflict and not shoehorned pseudo-racism. Promotes individual and group character development.

Bah. S3 and 4 were suck wasted potential.

Devil Cook

You can even give a good reason for magic to be destroyed again in the end, like:

>Toffee wins and magic dissapears

>You can still include all of Eclipsa's family plot but with her being the "villain" trying to avoid Star from restoring magic during season 3.

>The reason is that everybody is happier without magic as she could see by herself after giving up the throne and wand in the past. She clarifies how the MHC are power-hungry and the Solarian warriors problem.

>During the period she and Marco is randomly traveling through dimensions, mewmans and monsters achieve a temporary peace, with monsters helping to rebuild Mewni now that mewmans have no magic to do so... and they are pretty much useless.

>Eclipsa ends up allowing Star to restore magic so she can defeat Meteora (Season 3 finale is the same but Moon remains as queen of Mewni and Eclipsa of Monsters/Darkness)

>In season 4 everything go back to status quo with Mewmans being lazy assholes again. The MHC and Mina being evil is clear from the start and the whole season is Star slowly realizing Toffee and Eclipsa were right.

Attached: a2cc7dc973ddcf5f132a99bf59ee6938.jpg (735x438, 50K)

No, the only reason S1/2 were good was because Disney was calling the shots, then season 3 rolls around and they hand over full reigns to Nefcy and crew. That's why the last two seasons were so bad.

I'm watching them and most episodes are filler high school shit ans Star killing civilians with no repercusion.
Except for the lore ones like Into the Wand and Mewdependence Day, it's a pretty lame show.

Attached: ed7e365b79c3c09801b263b09b83b20c.jpg (474x474, 39K)

That would have been a much better show.

Star Vs. is a fundamentally broken show. Even from S1 the show has no clear direction (at least not till Toffee's introduction). i don't like the term "filler" but this show does have pointless episodes that serve no purpose and aren't good/funny enough to justify their existence.
I have a friend who works as music engineer and he told me Star Vs. must be one of the worst shows at using their bg music to emphasize any scene. Sometimes you have action scenes with no background music and the sound effects goes from nothing to loud with no midpoint, making feel the whole thing annoying. And that's the thing, this show is annoying. Annoying characters, annoying animation, annoying pacing, writing, character development, this show is a mess, even from season one. Yet i must admit, it still was a competent (yet mediocre) product... till Battle for Mewni; after that, the show went downhill till rock bottom quickly. SVtFoE should've ended in the Battle for Mewni special. Nothing after it adds anything to this show's quality except some waifus, but good looking waifus aren't an excuse to make an incompetent show.

You've just fixed the show completely with the very same plot points.
Amazing, user

Attached: 33b4e9b1b3479a78120dd1fc45674e07.jpg (736x600, 82K)

Twelve Forever is so much better than Svtfoe. But that's not because of magic but because 12F writing is actually competent and respects the viewer. Svtfoe is nothing but creator's wank about her self-insert cunt and her shitty romance while Twelve has real substance.

It's a more unique premise. I think it would have been more interesting. A manic pixie chunni would have been fun. But unless it ended with real magic it would have been sad to see her grow up and realize magic " isn't real" and that's not good for a kids show.

>Would SVTFOE have been better if they went with the original concept of Star being a magic-less sperg?
That would remind me too much of Magical Girl Saki from Usamaru Furuya's Chronicles of a Clueless Age and that would make me sad.

Here's your Star.

Attached: 12 4 evah.png (549x909, 460K)

It's easy as the main ideas are incredibly good, the problem is how little they were developed.

I blame the shitty love drama.

Attached: 3f9a5596ce5c2aa52cf8e438a40f6441.jpg (540x502, 66K)

Reggie is for cuddles.

This, the Book of Spells is proof of the kino ideas in Nefcy's head, but she is unable to portray them properly in the show because she gets distracted by stupid ships.

Attached: 6da4818277ce52c683ae8d62f86f041a.jpg (735x309, 58K)