Written as a rebel without a cause as a child

>written as a rebel without a cause as a child
>Dirty lol tomboy type but still cis
>Ends up being a really bad parent in every way
>Promiscuous having slept with who knows how many men having children with two of them
>Retires to live in a tree while still being dirty and rude

What did the writers mean by this.

Attached: 4163321-screen shot 2014-10-17 at 15.55.03.png (680x384, 291K)

She's a cunt m8 yeah?

>rebellious girl with chip on her shoulder never loses that chip
She got away with a lot of crap as a kid and her ego was way overinflated so, as an adult, she most likely felt her choices and decisions were best and ignored the advice from her friends and family.

That's basically my grandmother but Asian and it was a house she built where she raised trees. instead of living in one.

So, she's Jotaro but also a slut?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

jotaro's a slut for dolphins.

if she was sleeping with who knows how many men why would she only have two kids

She was a rebel who tried to find herself after it was no longer required of her to rebel which led to her making mistakes along the road. We have no idea how promiscuous she was, we just know she had at least two lovers with whom things didn't work out.
As for her daughters, well she tried to be as open a parent as possible as opposed to her own, who didn't allow her to do anything on her own, but expected a lot from Lin after she chose to join the police and became very strict with her (we've seen how her training usually goes, now imagine her doing it to her child). As for not telling them who their father were, that's probably her pride going in the way, wanting to raise them on her own, a deep desire to show her worth (seeing as she's always had to do that because of her blindness) to other and especially herself, and a constant fear of not being good enough.

She was probably a lot more stern when she was in the police too. But retirement made her return to her more carefree attitude, not having to worry about everything as much as before.

Two kids that we or she knows of or that she kept

People can have sex and not get pregnant too you know

Maybe you should try it...

the point was OP specifically thinks she slept around with "who knows how many" men...because she has *two* kids

good assumption considering her not wanting to be restriected in anythhing character and how she taught her girls the same way

Toph always felt all over the place as a character desu.
Back in TLA her subplots were just left hanging (Her family and adventurous freedom vs commitment). Then in LoK we're told she was a police chief (bye rebellion, hello crushing duty) and after that became a fucking hermit. From the point TLA left her, having a troublesome relationship with her daugthers seems normal, but that she would take the obligations of a police chief and then go get in touch with nature doesn't.
To me it as always felt like by book 3 the show runners didn't know what to do with her and Toph as a character was pushed aside in favor of Toph being there to say things to move the plot forward and as comedic relief. Also talking of her appearance in LoK is almost pointless since all characters from the previous series that show up are just fanservice and do next to nothing of value both in action or as characers.

She's slightly less autistic than Jotaro

>Bumi is 108 and beating the shit out of people as an earthbending God
>Kyoshi lived for over 200 fucking years
>Toph is like in her 80s or something and making excuses about how old and feeble she is
She's just old, dumb, and useless, like the rest of the recurring characters from ATLA. If they bothered to write Sokka and Suki into the story I'm sure they would be invalids who got divorced after dropping their kid down a flight of stairs or something.

agreed

Tbf Bumi had weird chi shit and was actually had a reason to keep his city strong and defended.
Kyoshi was an avatar and also looking after her island.
Toph did the whole police thing for a while as an an adventure and made Zou Fu to futher metal bending but she never wanted to be in charge or lead. She wanted to have no responsibilities and and do little beside be herself.

It hurts to admit how accurate this statement is.

No idea but I still like her.

Probably nothing. Bryke aren't exactly deep and have a tendency to make shit up as they go.

>Two kids that we or she knows of

Attached: 1217992249079.jpg (620x465, 27K)

A couple of weeks ago I was rewatching Korra and I realised Toph must've had her daughters well in her 30's.
Just found it curious.

That's kind of the point in my opinion. She took on the responsibility, to have a purpose after her rebellion wasn't necessary anymore (and to promote metalbending), but the pressure crushed her and her work damaged her relationships, so in her old age she felt it necessary to go back to her more carefree roots and find new meaning in nature, connect with the earth and all that.

Kyoshi is an avatar and even for them she lived fucking long.
Bumi is a weirdo and it's basically a joke that he's this old yet fit.

Toph aged normally.

Did aang die early because he spent so much time in the iceberg?

>That's basically my grandmother but Asian
By toph is already Asian you needn't have specified

they went to the bad end route since she's more popular than katara

it means she's impossibly based that is what it means

and her kids got to be police chief and asshole queen of fuckoff island so clearly she did something right

Bryke wanted Toph to be a bulky nobrain fart joke dude and always hated the loli version, especially when it became more popular than Aang, their self insert Jesus

Didn’t Sokka and Suki break up in the comics like right away?

Thats gonna be my head canon for why he died younger than most avatars.

cope, toph is shit and bumi had a better life