I've got Salmonella Fitzgerald!

I've got Salmonella Fitzgerald!

Attached: 400[1].png (348x346, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cAwOPabGdoY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How the fuck were kids supposed to get this?

laughed so hard at that. until I discovered Pepper Ann, it was the last thing I saw that this guy made that I actually liked.
we knew about classic musicians in my household. a common joke Dad would do was 'elephants gerald'

This is one of those things that's just ingrained in my mind and probably will be for the rest of my life. I hear the word "salmonella" and my mind just fills in the blanks and the whole scene plays out.

Even though I got it, the absurdity of a famous singing jazz lady replacing Kenny's head singing was hilarious enough for me.

CHIMPY! COME BACK HERE AND LET ME LICK YOU!!!

VA VA VA VOOM

>until I discovered Pepper Ann
What? That was a different guy.

Too hot.. Too wet.. Toulouse Lautrec

Attached: HD3mkGh.png (843x632, 797K)

It’s a kid getting his head replaced by an old singing lady, it's not hard.

youtu.be/cAwOPabGdoY

>implying animators never made jokes for the adults that flew over kids heads

Attached: 1555512781937.png (372x494, 33K)

This guy made KND. He even has the same Professor XXXL

I didn't know who Fitzgerald was, but I got what the joke was about immediately. Same for most kids probably.

>kids won't get blackface
What's not to get?

Attached: i am joking i know the original image is not blackface.jpg (320x240, 16K)

>caricatures, if of a black person, are now always blackface
i hate the current year

I was at a jazz concert there and there was a kid there in front of me with his parents/grandparents. he was kind of into it but got tired or bored at times especially later on.

*I was at a jazz concert last night

I just watched this scene, they literally explain the joke.

>he didn't read the file name

ya got me

I never got this episode of KND

It's the weird case of a pilot episode of a pilot episode.

He did the character design for the show IIRC.

This shit creeped me the fuck out as a kid. I also never understood the weird staticness of the inside of the mouth thing.

were you raised by an inattentive single mother or something?

Not the same guy but don't be retarded. How the fuck would any 5 year old in the early 00's know the fuck a famous Jazz woman who peaked in the 1950's, a decade before out parents were even born. They weren't exactly showing old Johnny Carson shows in my house to know who the fuck she is. It's not a contemporary reference and she was not famous enough for anyone to know. If it was Elvis or someone universally recognized, then it'd be a different story. Hell, even Louis Armstrong probably would have worked.

>how would any 90s kid know who the beatles were, who peaked decades before they were even born
fucking retard

>how would any 90s kid know who the beatles were, who peaked decades before they were even born
You're argument goes into the shitter like your brain cells because it's not about the fact they predate when the viewer is born. Unlike Ella Fitzgerald, The Beatles were immensely popular for the decades to come which is why it would have worked better. Perhaps if you read the post thoroughly and not pick out something that wasn't even the actual argument, you wouldn't look like a dumbass right now.

Where am I going to find a monkey to lick this late on a Saturday?

My parents played her music and I immediately got the joke despite having been a kid when the episode aired. I knew a lot of kids that got the joke too. While Ella Fitzgerald wasn't nearly as popular as the Beatles by the time the episode aired, plenty of kids still knew about her into the early 00s. There were just certain cultural icons that people knew back then due to cultural holdovers, like tons of kids still knew who Dean Martin was.

BAM LOOK AT THAT BACON SIZZLE

Attached: d2mng0v-24e0a380-b2ce-4ac8-a692-5a8d3e7ce674.png (550x378, 91K)

You fucking idiot

this activated a part of my brain that has not been on in 15 years or more

I still make this joke from time to time. People still find it funny.

This, i was the intended audience when this episode premiered and i was 9. I was only aware of Scatman songs so this reference was waaay out above my age gap

Was this racist? Its literally a white kid doing a black face

user the only thing people hate more than niggers is whiny niggers

Its not canon to KND lore

I never believed it has anything to do with it at all but CN (the eastern europoor version) used to air this all the time between KND episodes

BAM
LOOK AT THAT BACON SIZZLE

the doc is a knd villain.

Yeah, I forgot about him

I'm willing to bet nobody remembers much about this show, but they remember this part for sure.

*rimshot*

This is one of the funniest cartoon shorts I’ve ever seen. The dialogue is so good, the bit about finding a chimp on a Saturday is my favorite. It may not have had amazing series potential, but I would’ve loved to see more.

Though it disregards the short and paints XXXL as more of a well-meaning dope than a villain.

The guy he's talking to on the phone fucking explained the joke, that it sounds like the singer, "Ella Fitzgerald."

As a kid you don't know who any celebrity is. Do you think kids know who Julius Caesar or Motzart are either? That's how I learned about a lot of them when I was a kid, either Looney Tunes having them doing their schtick as a caricature, or Animaniacs, or things like this.

UM IT KINDA IS FUCKING IDIOT

Not every joke has to be written for kids either.

I got it since my mother played jazz music a lot when I was a kid.

Boy, you’re a bit slow.

When did you discover Strawberry Shortcake?