Did this fat weeb fix marvel?

Did this fat weeb fix marvel?

Attached: B9E6B8C9-2C05-44DB-B0BB-5A27BDA624EE.jpg (960x720, 94K)

Spencer's Spider-Man and Ewing's Hulk are fun I suppose

Thanks to him we've gotten No Surrender/No Road Home, Immortal Hulk, Slott off Spider-Man and a return to form, new writers who are established authors instead of random SJW's, and Hickman helming the X-Men franchise which will be good as long as he dictates major story arcs going forwards and is a contributor to all the spin-off.

Also as an incidental bonus Bendis is gone and the only bad writer with a ton of creative control is Aaron (Cates may have a ton of issues and love his own ideas too much but he has a lot of fans)

>and a return to form
So glad we're back to mediocre Spider-Man where the writer doesn't know what to do with Mary Jane. I'm not even kidding is the sad part

No, Marvel will never be fixed especially under Disney and with Ike still on top among other people involved in creative decisions. But I guess you can make it less shit.

That said Cebulski is at the least better than Axel "I'm half Korean through my wife" Alonso, who really shouldn't have replaced Quesada and we have had some good stuff with him.

Also Hickman said that he was willing to stay after ending with X-Men, he even said he wanted to tackle either Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, or Nova. My guess he will do either Strange or Nova due to his white man status.

Kinda? There's still problems, but still better than the last three or so years of Alonso-era.

>Hickman on Captain Marvel
I'd read the hell out of that ngl.

If you ask me, Spencer has to spend some time fixing all of Slott's shit before he can actually do anything.

He's vary pro-Venom

That's literally all he's been doing, fixing the mistakes. It's enough...for now

>Big Fat Weed

Hickman on strange

Attached: kira.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>the face of marvel is a fat fuck

That's part of the course for people who take over after awful writers (though if you ask me, Slott only got bad after Superior, where it became clear he started getting tired of it).
Waid had to fix all the shit Aaron and Cates did to Doctor Strange and now Strange is the best he's been in decades.
The same thing is going to happen with whoever takes over Thor after Aaron is done ripping everything apart.

Nah, Slott was bad from Brand New Day. I'll check out Waid's Strange regardless of your shit taste though seriously, how the fuck did you not like Cates run?

You can't fix what isn't broke

>The same thing is going to happen with whoever takes over Thor after Aaron is done ripping everything apart.
I kinda feel bad for the person who is going to have to clean that shit up.

Brand New Day wasn't all Slott, though the Slott parts were easily the worst. Motherfucker tried his damndest to derail the Gauntlet.

>where the writer doesn't know what to do with Mary Jane
What would you do? Undoing OMD not on the table.

>part of the course
"par for the course"

>jojo
You must be 18+ to post here

Just from what I'm reading and what I've seen the company output this past year, I have to think yes. I mean I have never seen this many people on here saying good things about the company since Secret Wars 2015? Idk I guess the story is never doubt Emperor Yoshida San?

Attached: Felicia Cucks Mary Jane Edition.jpg (630x960, 427K)

I was only counting the Slott issues of Brand New Day. Waid and Zeb did great work

What does OMD have to do with MJ not just sitting around worrying about Peter? It's not that they aren't married, when they were married she still was just...there.

Unless it’s Cates, because he’s not going to try to fix anything this time, he’s just going to shove Knull into every nook and cranny.

I got you, I know a lot of people here think Slott wrote all of the Gauntlet, so I thought maybe someone thought that for BND too.

no, that was Feige

>he’s just going to shove Knull into every nook and cranny.
He's already got a head start on that too. He had Thor fight Knull in old times and made the All-Black The Necrosword a thing Knull made

Attached: Thor one shot Knull.jpg (1041x1600, 505K)

I'm waiting for him to retcon the Xenophage to be a race that was made to fight Knull or something.

What comics that from?

He's only been at it for a year and he already fixed Black Cat and, hopefully, killed Kraven for good this time. It's going to take a while to undo 10+ years worth of damage.

Venom #4
Yeah that's sounds like something Cates might do.

no, Aaron is still writing

What? Hickman said that there was nothing else he wanted to do at Marvel after X-Men since he was mostly a DC kid while growing up.

He mentioned stuff like Titans and Legion of Superheroes on what he wanted to do.

>spoiler
Not him but holy fuck Cates’ Strange run sucked, mainly because he followed up on Aaron’s characterisation while Waid wiped the slate and restored him to what he should be. The central motivation for the arc being revenge and the entire damnation event is so ooc I can’t see any who liked classic Strange liking it much

He's making MJ a movie star again which is a better fit than being a club owner or Tony Stark's secretary.

Wait, you're telling me that's NOT Boogie? Huh.

Attached: Controversial-YouTuber-Boogie2988-under-fire-for-racist-comments-stream.jpg (1600x900, 146K)

This.

Waid didn’t even bother spending effort fixing, he just ignored 90% of what the previous two did which is great

Slott’s spider-man would be harder to ignore though

He ain't fix shit. Where's miracleman you fat fuck?

Well yeah, MJ has rarely if ever been a compelling character.

No.

No Surrender was okay, but that was it. No Road Home was just mediocre at best unless you got an orgasm over the meta house-of-ideas bit and introducing Conan to 616 again

Immortal Hulk is a good book, but I'm not sure how much credit can be directly contributed to the Shogun.

Spencer's Spider-Man and "return to form" just meant it's now just a generic Spider-man book again.

Hickman's X-men is just pure hype at this point.

Overall, I don't see much improvement.

>and now Strange is the best he's been in decades.

Isn't the book also cancelled, lol

Relaunching after a status quo shake up according to what's aid by Tom Breevolt and solicits

fpbp

So that's... a second relaunch since the movie came out? Good grief.

Mahvel in a nutshell, gotta get the sweet sweet #1 money. Won’t be surprised if the creative team doesn’t even change

>Won’t be surprised if the creative team doesn’t even change
Hope so, Waid is great.

He can't as long as Sana Amanat is the real person calling the shots at Marvel. Even Conan is being fucked up so he doesn't offend anyone now.

Marvel is a lifestyle brand with movies and TV. Comics are less important than the Underoos now. That's why they go on the View to sell to soccer moms and not sell to 10 years old boys.

It's definitely gotten better, but damage is probably just was way too deep to salvage it this decade. Entirety of the next decade should be dedicated to fixing it.

>ooc
End this meme, Cates run was well written and reintroduced Sentry.

>End this meme
It's not a meme if it's true. Strange has never been a guy petty or stubborn enough for planned longish-term revenge (over a dog, no less), nor would he quit magic altogether just because he isn't sorcerer supreme which was also previously established

I can complain more like how he would never storm asgard like that if written in character but I think you get the gist

Not that user, but if you want to blame someone blame Aaron. Cates had to follow his shit up and was there to set up Sentry, Waid's run, and other stuff. His run was great even if Strange wasn't himself.

>stubborn enough
Not the same user, but Strange is exactly the kind of guy cold enough plan his revange.
He is one of the few heroes smart enough to lie to his apponents, he'd do whatever he needs to win.

>but Strange is exactly the kind of guy cold enough plan his revange.
Nah, he's never been a guy to seek vengeance. Sure, he could do a good job planning it out, but he won't do it. Hell, Mordo did much worse than kill a dog and he never hunted him down like he did for Loki, he's a pretty live and let live kind of person

Yes, I mainly blame aaron, just explaining why I didn't like Cates as well. I don't think Cates set up Waid though, Waid is mainly doing his own thing even now

I haven't seen a shred of ANY sort of vision or plan from him.

He is pudding diarrhea that replaced watery diarrhea. Slightly better, but still fucking shit.

He is in the process of fixing Marvel. We're still not there yet, but he sure as shit is putting in the work to at least try to repair the damage Alonso caused.

Cates' Strange was a better version of Aaron's. It seemed great at the time, because it came in contrast to Aaron's. It used Aaron's characterization but at least made the book entertaining enough. Waid, on the other hand, brought Strange back to actually being Strange. I really liked Cates' Strange at the time, mind you, and I wouldn't really call it "bad," but going back to it after Waid's run has made it really apparent that it had its flaws.

It doesn't help that it was yet another comic that suffered from Cates' desperate need to shove Thor lore and characters into every single thing he writes.

That's on Gaiman.

What? How can you be so blind that you haven't seen the dozen new Asian heroes and comics we've gotten.

In the most awkward way possible.
>I know, let's completely revamp Agents of Atlas, shove in a ton of new(ish) characters to the roster but make sure next to no one actual gets proper screen time, and let's also make Cho-Hulk be the central character!
>And let's launch it through a shitty event tie-in.

It's easily the most incompetent team book launch in years.

He spends more time stuffing his fat face than he does giving a shit about his awful, failing company. Marvel just floods the shelf with overshipped trash to still make any sort of money. Can't wait for this fat shitstain to be unemployed.

Agreed. Can't imagine someone of his age, weight, and 'hobby' of ingesting high caloric meals on a daily basis having much energy to work more than 2 hours a day. He's a figurehead. Meanwhile, his shadow bosses behind the scenes run the direct market into the ground by licensing Marvel IP to IDW. He literally gets paid to do nothing but eat, tweet, and show up in promotional YouTube videos that no one watches.

>Spencer's Spider-Man and "return to form" just meant it's now just a generic Spider-man book again.
It was pretty fucking generic under Slott too. Almost none of his story premises were original and the few that were interesting were written in the most paint by numbers sort of way like the rest of them. Slott was phoning it for a long long time with Spidey.

>It was pretty fucking generic under Slott too.

The changing status quos, a lot of dynamic changing and going to new places, etc. made it be far more than generic, especially with thing like Spock. Spender's Spider-man is just return to nostalgia. That's why MJ is back, why he's recycling Superior Foes material, we had a dumb Kraven's Last Hunt 2.0 event...

Its more that spencer is just playing clean up sfter slott, got rid of ned leeds fixed black cat got rid of kraven while offering a suitible replacement for anyone who wants to use him, getting pete and MJ back together while finally trying to deal with OMD fallout that should've been done 5 years ago. The fact that slott dealt with Loki owing peter a favor before dealing with mephisto is a big indicator that he didn't give a fuck all the way until the end

Playing clean sounds very mediocre to me, rather than return to form.

feet

You can't just ignore all the shit that happened in the last 10 years, even if it wasn't Spencer the current run would still be on clean-up duty.

>You can't just ignore all the shit that happened in the last 10 years

Yes you can. It's intentionally having a fresh start with #1 relaunch, you didn't have to play proactive clean up. That is in no way a return to form when you're busy bending over backwards addressing the plot points from the previous run.

>just meant it's now just a generic Spider-man book again.

Generic Spider-Man book would be a massive step up over the shit in post-Superior Slott run.

>Yes you can
No, you fucking can't.
This isn't a OMD situation where you are undoing the last 20 years of stories, it's the start of a new run so you have to acknowledge the shit that happened in the previous run and seeing how most of Slott's run was garbage, you have to fix shit.

No, that's just autism.

thirty-seven fucking minutes and that's the best reply that you have.
Why even reply at that point?

Atlas was always an asian company and the events give enough spotlight.
As for Cho, he is the most popular of the bunch. All the choices they made where logical both inside and outside the book.

Now making a new asian corporation out of the blue and make them make their own Avengers with the same names from the official roster and sell it as an original thing, THAT would have been a retarded idea.

>overshipped
This is Marvel, not DC.

That's what JMS did after Mackie's trainwreck.

Marvel has a continuity, they can't simply start over and ignore shit. Unless it is a different universe.

At least the ending of the first issue has it set up that Jimmy is full of shit and rusing everyone with his Dragon BFF.

Technically yes, since Bendis leaving gave every book like a 30% uptick in quality. Like even the "SJW" book like Wasp Agent of GIRL isn't even that bad due to the fact it actually gave the character that Pym Edge and Domino. So yeah he did fix marvel the same way taking out a bad stick of RAM out of your computer will "Fix" it.

Nope he kept it just as shit

Two years is a lot easier to ignore than ten years, and even though Slott did his fair share of damage to Spider-Man the real problem is and has always been OMD, at least in this context.

>seriously, how the fuck did you not like Cates run?
Are you seriously asking this?
His run was complete bullshit that followed the exact same formula Cates uses everywhere else:
>surprise C-list character out of nowhere to bait their fans into reading it (he's done it already three times)
>the dials go up to eleven, never mind consistency or established lore
>not a single non-MCU reference, outside of his own works, showing he clearly hadn't read anything prior to the book
>"THOR, MUST USE THOR LORE INTO MY BOOKS, it doesn't matter if it fits, just do it"
And that's only the common threads, because the guy never relies in continuity whatsoever and simply followed upon Aaron's characterization (which had its own problems already.
>I don't think Cates set up Waid though
This. He did nothing, in fact Waid was the one who had to spend the first part of his run doing continuity clean-up and fixing stuff, and stealthy introduced the idea that the previous Strange was Casey from his Strange mini and not himself.

>Where's miracleman you fat fuck?
Calm down, he's coming. Let's just wait until Marvel Comics #1000, that's where the new page will be.

>>the dials go up to eleven, never mind consistency or established lore

This is definitely what bugged me about that Future Thanos arc people kept praising.

I admit I was partly along for the ride at first, but then the bullshit kept piling on top of the other, until I just couldn't handle it. Couple that with the claims by Starlin that Cates had lifted elements of his Thanos trilogy to use it for the arc, it just soured the guy for me.
And then he kept getting more writing jobs ruining stuff I liked... As you can imagine, I don't hold him in high regard.

Attached: Gorgon_didn't_know_Maximus_is_his_cousin.jpg (1613x905, 288K)

You don't think Marvel overships? They're a thousand times worse than DC. Go check out the fat stacks of the trash they force onto stores so they can brag about having the #1 comic on a given month.

>You don't think Marvel overships? They're a thousand times worse than DC
Marvel stopped overshipping most of their titles a long while ago. They even announce which titles specifically they're overshipping, and lately it's been Aero #1, Invisible Woman #1, Agents of Atlas #1, Magnificent Ms. Marvel #5, and one of Invaders. It's been very few, whereas a lot of DC's titles have been heavily overshipped judging by their dollar unit.

Nice fanfic.

Bendis aint going to give Hickman the LoSH. It just ain't happening.

>They're a thousand times worse than DC.
>Difference of Units shipped vs. Units sold for Marvel: 1% sometimes even less
>Difference of Units shipped vs. Units sold for DC: Always around 20%

But by all means, keep pushing your narrative. I'm sure someone dumb enough will fall for it.

>What? Hickman said that there was nothing else he wanted to do at Marvel after X-Men since he was mostly a DC kid while growing up.
EH, wrong. He did say in an interview he'd be up for writing Nova, Captain Marvel or Doctor Strange aside from X-Men, and like the anons said above, he ain't going anywhere. He might not have anything planned yet but he's open to the idea.

>They sat there and let Karnak beat the fuck out of Maximus.
>Despite they should have known it was him from the fact they should recognized it was him from his voice and fact that he was clearly mind controlled.
This is probably one of the worse ways to kill off a person/race of people. make them look like bitches that need saving from a character none of them have met before and after all that have said character take there dog. the only legit good part of that comic for me is the part where Black Bolt becomes the Punisher and wastes all the Kree on board.

Attached: he just knew.png (579x549, 746K)

>They somehow mistake teleporting for black Bolt and Crystal's powers
That comic doesn't even try to make sense

>Hickman said that there was nothing else he wanted to do at Marvel after X-Men
This is not what he said at all.
He did say that he wanted to write LoSH though, even before the X-Men, but backtracked when the "Bendis is coming" happened.

Man, the whole thing was a shitshow, even him going Rambo on the Kree was dumb because it was right after getting his throat slit like a bitch in the most contrived way, he shouldn't have been able to do that. But remember! With Cates, the dial goes up to eleven!

Attached: Death Of The Inhumans (2018) 002-021.jpg (800x1230, 184K)

That's what happens when you play so fast and loose with things your working with. you forget powers, personality and backstories.
>But remember! With Cates, the dial goes up to eleven!
Unless it's needed for the story to keep going like how Karnak sat there and let Vox stab him, the whole Inhuman Army (an army that has fought the Kree, The Skulls and USA army before and won) go down easily etc. but yeah the dial needs to be 11 to make Beta Ray Bill look cool.

Attached: Death-of-The-Inhumans-4-Marvel-Comics-spoilers-5.jpg (1987x3056, 1.42M)

>be Gay chubby chaser
>kinda cute chub
He’s alright loo-
>he’s also a weeb with a stable job

Attached: 1563561614584.gif (281x281, 427K)

They should bring in Ray Tracing illustrating for their books.

>"Wanna watch Robotech with me while I review these Marvel sales reports, user?"

Attached: 1511913742303.jpg (984x518, 329K)