The Joker was raped by his mom's boyfriend as a child...

>cbr.com/leaked-joker-script-controversial-comic-book-movie/

>The Joker was raped by his mom's boyfriend as a child. That one spoiler tells you all you need to know about how incredibly dark this R-rated movie is going to be. It also tells you just how controversial this movie is going to end up being upon release. In a script that uses a piling-on of tragedy as an explanation for one man's turn to supervillainy, adding child molestation to the pile takes the tragedy to another level. You can expect some fans to praise the film's willingness to delve into such upsetting subjects, just as easily as you can expect other commentators to find the film's use of such subject matter exploitative or offensive.

Truly we live in a society.

Attached: joker-header-1.jpg (798x407, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1mBeYkgUV4s
cbr.com/leaked-joker-script-controversial-comic-book-movie/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Meme magic

joke's on you

Joker being some alienated weirdo is enough, does he really need to have a super tragic backstory?

This will be the standout scene of the year whether you like it or not
youtu.be/1mBeYkgUV4s

Attached: joker (2).jpg (540x467, 52K)

Society Kino

>Even though the movie won't be released widely until October, it's already being discussed as one of the year's leading contenders to take home some of the most prestigious awards in film, specifically at the Academy Awards. Instead of being teased at comic book conventions like a regular superhero movie, it's being treated more like a prestige film with premieres at taste-making venues like the Venice Film Festival and Toronto International Film Festival.

cbr.com/leaked-joker-script-controversial-comic-book-movie/

>tragic backstory
yes.

>being raped as a child
no.

>Attempt to create Marvel-like capeshit
>Fail miserably
>Create prestigious arthouse films instead

Interesting strategy switchup by DC

>expect some fans to praise the film's willingness to delve into such upsetting subjects
>just as easily as you can expect other commentators to find the film's use of such subject matter exploitative or offensive.
What about those who find the film to be pretentious, incredibly shallow and try-hard edgy?

He's going to rise up

Attached: 1564916.jpg (540x624, 42K)

I'm gonna go see it opening night wearing a shirt with a bullseye on it and an "I'm with Her" pin. And sit in the front row.

Reading the script now, that'll be at least most of the audience. Expect a 60 something percent at best.

Thanks for making yourself easier to hit

What made this shit an instant meme? Was it the part in the trailer where he pulled on his cheeks to smile?

percent of what?

Stupidtomatoes

Over/under on 25 people dying in the inevitable theater shooting happening on this movie’s opening night?

Attached: A4B5AAB6-9BDC-4C24-B904-08A272198E6F.png (1280x720, 475K)

Ok this is epic

>What about those who find the film to be pretentious, incredibly shallow and try-hard edgy?
That's similar to finding it exploitative.

I blame the Venom movie for this shit.

Fuck off back to R3ddit you stupid niggerfaggot poltard,this sounds retarded as fuck. Fucking memes ruining movies as always with pol/ behind all of this with the shitty society meme from Reddit .

GAMERS

>The Joker was raped by his mom's boyfriend as a child.
Now I know why the caged clown laughs.

LIGHTS
CAMERA
SODOMY

>raped by his mom
Niiiic-
>'s boyfriend
God dammit.

Gordon...what have you done...

Attached: Batman_shocked.jpg (946x705, 35K)

Remember when DC used to be the light hearted one and Marvel was the grim and gritty one?

...me either.

I created this monster!by raping him It's only right that I take him out! Also by raping him.

Attached: 180px-Commgordon1.jpg (180x135, 7K)

Though those people are now fired and it's all up to Mystery Box Abrams for the next films after this and Gunn Suicide Squad.

>does he really need to have a super tragic backstory?
How else will those airhead bimbos realize how dark stuff is?

It's gonna be some film festival tier circle jerk that no critic will actually enjoy but will claim otherwise to appear intelligent.
I expect 90+ critic score and 60- audience score

My dad does....

When the fuck is Hollywood (especially DC) going to learn "dark" =/= good?

When people stop sucking esb's dick, so never.

I actually do. It's weird knowing the tables have turned so completely.

kek

>Rape backstory

Fucking boring.

put me down for exactly 69 victims

But I need my quips!!

Dark doesn't mean bad.

Batman v Superman was a near perfect attempt to cross a superhero action movie with artistic, operatic sensibilities and cutting social commentary. People didn't appreciate it. This Joker movie looks dull as dishwater, shit we've seen a dozen times before, but now featuring a comic book villain. And not even what seems to be a very fun interpretation.

>Spider-man gets raped Skip and becomes the world's greatest hero
>Joker gets raped by his mom's boyfriend and becomes a sad joke
pottery

>Dark doesn't mean bad.
That's actually not true. Inherently people watch a movie to be entertained. Dark is inherently not entertaining. It can be made entertaining with enough work, but you're starting yourself off on the back foot.

In a vacuum it's a negative.

Personally I prefer good ol' 90s/early 00s edgy pop culture to the softboi self-aware cutesiness of past the 10 years