Deciding if I want to watch Spider-Man: Far From Home and I realized the one thing I want to see more than anything is...

Deciding if I want to watch Spider-Man: Far From Home and I realized the one thing I want to see more than anything is an adaptation of The Conversation. Does that happen in this film? I figured with the way the first one ended it would have to

Attached: Spider-Man-Far-From-Home.jpg (1400x700, 149K)

It doesn't. You can skip it, bro.

No honestly, Homecoming is good. Far From Home to me is just so impersonal, and so doubling down on all the things that didn't convince me about Homecoming...It felt very generic MCU to me and not all that well crafted which is a shame

You mean Aunt May discovering Peter's identity?
Yeah, no, it just cuts to her being cool with Peter and she continues to be a "He's fucking your aunt" joke.

user, I am so sorry to inform you that no such thing occurs or is alluded to in this film.
Aunt May is more like Sister May or Spider-Man PR May than the one you are thinking of

Are you talking about the conversation between dead steve and tony after civil war? I'm not sure what you're on about, FFH is good though, nothing spectacular but its solid. I liked all of the high schoolers more in this one than I did in homecoming and I thought they did a great job with mysterio, I got annoyed with fury in this movie but that is what it is

What the fuck Fiege?!

Attached: i_promise.jpg (3605x1061, 646K)

Looks like I have storytime on my hands then

Attached: ASM_v2_038_01.jpg (1006x1507, 183K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_02b.jpg (1000x1507, 219K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_03a.jpg (1000x1511, 211K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_03b.jpg (1000x1511, 218K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_04a.jpg (1000x1511, 234K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_05a.jpg (1000x1511, 235K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_07a.jpg (1000x1515, 214K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_07b.jpg (1000x1515, 232K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_08a.jpg (1000x1515, 276K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_09a.jpg (1000x1515, 260K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_11a.jpg (1000x1515, 249K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_12a.jpg (1000x1515, 233K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_13a.jpg (1000x1515, 279K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_14a.jpg (1000x1515, 256K)

>wah why wasn't muh shitty drawing adapted
Kys you pedantic child

Attached: ASM_v2_038_14b.jpg (1000x1515, 190K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_15a.jpg (1000x1515, 224K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_16a.jpg (1000x1515, 246K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_16b.jpg (1000x1515, 244K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_17a.jpg (1000x1515, 262K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_18a.jpg (1000x1515, 278K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_19a.jpg (1000x1515, 250K)

Attached: ASM_v2_038_20a.jpg (1000x1515, 200K)

No, and even if it had been adapted they would've fucked it up like ASM #33.

End

Attached: ASM_v2_038_20b.jpg (1000x1515, 251K)

Ok I get it, yeah no there isn't anything in FFH that comes anywhere close to this sort of subtle emotion. Aunt may is played as a funny character (like every other character in the movie) than anything serious. Closest we got to this conversation is peter admitting that he doesn't want to take his suit with him on his trip and she sneaks it into his bag anyway. It is a damn shame because this is one of the best moments in spidey (and the only post 400 aunt may moment that justifies the characters survival then)

Honestly I blame sony, they forced Marvel to put FFH out this year because they want yearly releases for the character. Its why they made this movie an epilogue to the avengers rather than its own movie

You mean improve an okay idea from a shitty comic

Is this the best you could do?

Attached: badb8.jpg (625x626, 31K)

We get it, you don't like comics and enjoy making shit bait
The Conversation was literally the only thing that could have made me care about this film and they couldn't even make a follow up to the final scene of the last film. What. The. Fuck

As I said the point of the movie was to be more of an epilogue to Endgame then a spider-man movie so in that they do a decent job. But they completely butcher the emotional subtext of the character interactions, but remember not only is this set after homecoming but its set after the snap, so anything like this would've been something that we should've seen in infinity war. Fuck peters last words should've been "take care of my aunt" but I think that arvel is afraid of trying to emphasize any of peters supporting cast in fears of sony attempting to do a spin off of its own. Imagine if they did the conversation and sony turns around and makes trouble into a movie? because that's the shit they would do

>I thought you were gay, you were quiet and sensitive, didn’t like sports, awkward around girls
Based Aunt May

They did this plot better in the 90s, JMS is overrated because he's the writer Raimi fans grew up with

As a Spiderman movie it was halfway decent. As an epilogue to endgame it was absolutely fucking terrible!

Ok so half the universe was destroyed and suddenly blips back five years later. The audience has so many questions about how this impacted the world.
>Drop a poorly written exposition dump at the start that reveals the effects of endgame were literally just some people are 5 years younger
Ok fine, thats honestly really weak but maybe they can go somewhere with this
>Peter has romantic competition from the new guy
Seriously, of all the amazing things that could have come from just the 5 year age gaps, THIS is what they went with!

If they have to tip toe around Peter so much that he cant even have a supporting cast then why not just replace his character with Ty Sympkins Character? The relationship with Stark would feel so much more natural than he tracks down a child from youtube. Harley actually earnt Tony Starks respect and deserved more than being thrown away in the character bin

may found out in the 90's? which issue? and which issue did mj find out?

Whatever Spidey 3 ends up being, they direly need to have a bunch of flashbacks to his pre-Stark days, the spider, whatever happened to Ben (which has been hinted at but only in the vaguest terms), and May's reaction.

MJ found out off screen at some point when pete was still in highschool, we only learned she new in the 80s Imma take a shot and sau we learn in amazing 259 but I'm not sure she reveals it at the same time he's still wearing the alien costume. "may" reveals she knew all along in ASM 400 but the reason that got retconned it better left unsaid

That's also the issue she fucking dies

yeah it would've been nice if they played around with her knowing more but tbf thats the last thing I'd want stricken from the record from the 90s

I remember reading an interview where the writers of this movie said the original draft started right after the end of Homecoming. This draft was make in late 2017, before they knew about the 5 years timejump in Endgame, so it was scrapped.

You can see my pessimism about how at the end of this film JJJ reveals Peter's identity to the world that I strongly doubt anything will happen. I completely see it shrugged off as a joke.

>I liked all of the high schoolers more in this one than I did in homecoming
Why? I thought they all became worse outside MJ.
>>Need is constantly a pretentious dope talking about how much he loves Betty
>>Flash just live streamed the whole time
>>Betty is not a character. I can't define a single characteristic about her.

This film downgraded the characters.

>Aunt may is played as a funny character (like every other character in the movie)
Peter almost kills a kid with a drone strike, and it's played for laughs. Outside the Mysterio scene, the whole film was just fluff to say Peter and MJ are now together and a post credits stinger that if taken out of the film, nobody would remember this film.

>As I said the point of the movie was to be more of an epilogue to Endgame then a spider-man movie
BUUUUULLLLLSHIT!
The "blip" was a throwaway joke, and nobody seemed traumatized. They somehow got a trip to Europe going that fast, and the world isn't in disarray?! Hell, the first time we see Peter in this film, he is discussing plans for beign with MJ, a character he expressed no interest in prior, and the Tony Stark stuff was just sprinkled here and there.

This film was a fucking joke followup. I don't get where the fuck people go act like this was an integral followup! I know that future Marvel projects will completely forget about the snap years.

All of this. This film in a nutshell sums up why I hate the fans who constantly demand goofy Spider-Man. We get meandering shit like this film where one thing is perfect (Mysterio) and everything else was just phoned in.

Hell, anyone find it ironic that when people claim that Spider-Man must quip, he doesn't even quip in Homecoming or Far From Home?

I really do wonder why Marvel was so devoted to the 5 year gap. Because you know so many future directors are going to completely fuck up that detail in future Marvel film. Unless all the upcoming Marvel movies happen on a compressed timeline that they catch up to 2023 in real time, I predict a lot of really, really dumb moves.

Young Avengers and Ironheart

Because the guy is a retard who thinks
I laughed == quality

This 100% what were they thinking? There are so many things that can be done with the blip but they are all turned into jokes

When they say he quips they are referring to him saying awesome or WOAH or just generally screaming in a high pitched voice

I loved his appearance in Civil War. Homecoming was one of my favorites. He was fine in IW/Endgame, but his shtick was getting tiresome and I hate the iron spider suit. Then FFH came out and I’m officially tired of MCU spidey. What fucking happened? I genuinely enjoyed homecoming but this one was such a lame boring waste

He is gonna be classic Spidey in the third one
Screencap this

I have heard this a few times and it never stops being stupid.

Remember when Spider-Man was joining the MCU and it was getting praised for skipping the origin? Your idea would mean we just watched a 5 FILM ORIGIN STORY just to get the real Spider-Man

>"I read (almost) every Marvel comic that is published each and every week."
That's the problem, he's probably still reading the current trash and it's already rotting his brain.

>Honestly I blame sony
Sony is no doubt part of the problem but Feige and Marvel Studios is writing it so they're definitely deserve some of the blame.

It doesn't, and thanks god for it.

I always thought Aunt May was just a useless and abnoxious character that had no motive for existing after Peter left high school. That's why my favorite scene from Spider-Man PS4 is when she dies, not because is emotive, but because I was laughing my ass off.

Oww the edge

That literally hasn't ever happened with any big changes in the MCU.

Thanks for the storytime. Its a good issue.

I'm serious though. I used to think that the only good interpretation of Aunt May was Raimi's, but upon rewatching I realize she only was only an exposition machine for the dummies in the audience that didn't get what was already shown.
She's still useless in the MCU, but at least she isn't nearly as abnoxious as in the comics and other movies. And she is hot, so that's another plus.

Attached: [palpable disgust].png (337x334, 172K)

You mean like Loki pretending to be Odin?

But both Garfield and Tobey did that!

Keep seething raimifag

Fangirls would hate not pathetic Peter.

>raimifag
You fucking idiots can't see beyond console war bullshit.

>>Spider-Man 3 ends with Aunt May getting killed, and the second Peter is about to scream, cuts to credits, and then the next film starts and Peter's already over her death.

What an absolutely shit opinion