Son

>son.

You are not son. I dont want anything to do with you.

>brother

OF COURSE, I'LL BE YOUR BEST MAN.

Attached: Superboy-Superman-YJO.jpg (640x345, 39K)

It's almost like he was never comfortable with having a son, didn't consider Conner to be his son, and the problem was made worse by Bruce, who has a parents hang-up, trying to force that on him.

Fuck, i can't watch YOUNG JUSTICE: OUTSIDERS because every time i watch the show i keep getting Nam' tier flashbacks to the awful DCAMU animated movies. Specially with the stupid costume changes trying to ape the New 52/Rebirth style costumes. This art style is forever ruined for me by those shitty ass animated movies and their awful, awful characterizations and plots.

>It's almost like he was never comfortable with having a son, didn't consider Conner to be his son,

Clark feelings can't escape facts.

He's not his son.

That's just stupidity on the part of fan fic living tumblrinas.

Attached: Fathers of Rape Babies Support Group.png (1024x600, 535K)

well he treat conner like both in the comics. brother most of the time, than father when stuff goes south.

SOUL.
SOULLESS.

Literally the same art director

>denies his son at every opportunity
>Luthor looks after him
Why is Superman such a deadbeat dad

He is though, he's not his brother or a clone since he is half Superman and half Lex.

Conner was essentially a rape baby made to be Superman's replacement. Clark was justified in being nervous around him but it's not exactly like he thought he was an abomination. Everyone forcing the father thing on him was retarded and in the end Conner just needed to bond with him and being brothers was what worked.

Doesn't change the point.

You're fucking stupid if you think Luthor was forming a relationship with Kon out of the goodness of his heart.

And to add to that, Bizarro hadn't happened yet. Match is actually the YJ version of Bizarro, but we only saw that in the comic that took place right before season two.

Attached: Match_2015.png (448x336, 227K)

Meanwhile in The Reign of the Supermen universe.

Attached: parental custody argument.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

It's time to let go, my son. Or should I call you...brother.

Attached: bb.png (300x300, 104K)

>Clark was justified in being nervous around him but it's not exactly like he thought he was an abomination. Everyone forcing the father thing on him was retarded and in the end Conner just needed to bond with him and being brothers was what worked.

That's all true, but . . . this is Superman. There's lots of things that he could be nervous about, but Superman is a hero who puts that shit aside, mans up, and does the right thing when someone needs him.

Even before they did the father thing . . . when Superboy just flashed Superman the 'S' symbol on his suit, Superman got nervous, cagey, and made it super obvious he wanted to be anywhere else.

And don't you think Pa Kent was nervous about having an alien child to raise? Don't you think all of those powers, all those questions, all those unknowns, made Pa Kent nervous? There's nothing to indicate that Young Justice Pa Kent was the Man of Steel "just let 'em all die to keep your secret" version of the character. So not does Superman treating Superboy like dogshit harm Superman, it also harms Pa Kent.

Good thing I never watched them

I liked JL Dark. the fight with Felix Faust was really cool

Everything sucks harder?

>That's all true, but . . . this is Superman. There's lots of things that he could be nervous about, but Superman is a hero who puts that shit aside, mans up, and does the right thing when someone needs him.
Superman is also a fallible and not perfect being. He was polite to Kon even though he was nervous and in the end both of them worked it out and saw that they could have a relationship as brothers. Clark even gave him a name and adopted him into the El family. In the end he pulled through for Superboy and Conner has no ill will towards him either so I see no problem. They worked it out and are closer than ever.

>And don't you think Pa Kent was nervous about having an alien child to raise?
Pa Kent had the CHOICE to raise and adopt a BABY, he didn't have to face an adolescent rape clone made by a person who hated him with the intention of killing him. But like I said Clark and Conner worked things out and decided that they saw each other as brothers more than father and son which frankly was a relationship other people were trying to push on them.

It's like trying to make Ivo's Composite Superman into Bruce and Clark's son which makes no sense.

>There's nothing to indicate that Young Justice Pa Kent was the Man of Steel "just let 'em all die to keep your secret" version of the character. So not does Superman treating Superboy like dogshit harm Superman, it also harms Pa Kent.
What the heck are you on about?

It sucks equally as bad as YJ but it has the better Superboy.

If you cloned yourself your clone has the exact same DNA as you that'd make him basically the same as an identical twin brother. You could say you were the father, but there's no mother. Genetically speaking the clone's father and mother are the same as yours, so your clone would be your brother.

Superboy is a hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor, so assuming one chromosome came from Clark and the other came from Lex it would be appropriate to call them his fathers.

But that would be genetically indistinguishable from either of Superman's parents having had a kid with one of Luthor's parents, making Conner the half-brother of both Clark and Lex.

That's a brother, a son, and a half-brother, with son being impossible under normal circumstances. I guess they're brothers as far as I'm concerned.

Attached: 1322189699307.gif (300x400, 1.72M)

>Superboy is a hybrid clone of Superman and Lex Luthor
gay lmao

Conner accepting that Clark would never be his father and Clark learning that Conner is the closest thing he has to a brother is the best direction for their relationship to go.

It’s not just the fact that he’s a “rape baby”

It’s also the fact that he’s a kid literally made to replace him and act as a weapon for the government. Or atleast Cadmus. I would have liked to see a few episodes where Superman deals with the fact that his own government doesn’t seem to trust him the way he wants them to, and would much rather violate his person in making a clone under their control. The story is there.

Conner Kent has always been a hybrid Superman-Luthor hybrid.

Attached: 1336543789703.jpg (444x483, 78K)

>DON'T TALK TO ME OR MY ARCH NEMESIS'S SON EVER AGAIN

No. That’s Geoff Johns making him a hybrid. In the 90’s he was different

This. Also has a better Superman. Mostly due to the fact that Reign/Death had a Superman that actually expressed himself.

Oh, I meant in this adaptation specifically.

Attached: xavier getting a telepathic blowjob.png (462x490, 258K)

Superman isn't a focus character in YJ. It's like complaining Vigilante was underdeveloped in JLU.

>Also has a better Superman. Mostly due to the fact that Reign/Death had a Superman that actually expressed himself.
DCAMU is the shittiest animated Superman there is. Straight up an asshole and a psychopath.

It makes more sense. A clone of someone is the genetic makeup of their parents, and while yes, Connor is a genetic product of two men, but if he was just a Superman clone, technically his parents are Jor-El and Lara. So in a way, Connor could be considered a clone of two people, so he has four genetic parents rather than two.

The fags speak the truth, brother makes more sense.

That the burden of enjoyment is on the beholder, and that you live in the past, unable to appreciate anything in the present?

I never got why people wanted to force Clark into the roll of being Conner's father. What was Clark supposed to do bring home this seemingly sixteen year old kid and just have him live with him? How would he explain that to anyone that didn't know he was Superman? He could have him stay with Ma and Pa Kent but that would still just be someone else caring for him and they'd still end up as brothers anyway.

It is like he has done that before, but I don't know with whom. Do you know?

Attached: Kara_Zor-El_003.jpg (520x789, 96K)

He's saying that Superman learned how to be a detached foster father from Pa Kent, who must have been the same way.

And... Lex has always been gay for Superman, moreso than Batman even.

That's my point that's what should have been done to begin with, Clark probably would have done it too if everyone wasn't trying to make him be a father. They'd just grow into the relationship they have now. And since you bring her up, if this how keeps going they have to bring her and PG in eventually right? They've brought in almost every member of the bat family, but we only have Clark and Conner for the kryptonians.

IIRC in S2 they imply Conner spent some time living with the Kents.

better than nothing at all

That is true but from my perspective having Kon outed is actually the best possible scenario. If I was a demi-god level being I would certainly want to have direct oversight over any possible offspring made from my DNA, especially when the guy who made said offspring wants me dead. Even from a purely Machiavellian standpoint keeping Kon close and loyal makes the most sense.

> assuming one chromosome came from Clark and the other came from Lex

I was with you up until that part. It has been stated by Greg himself as well as by other cannon material that Cadmus couldn't get Kryponian DNA to replicate without degeneration so the solution Desmond came up with was to take out all the gene sectors that had the highest chance for degeneration and replace them with equivalent genes from a human. He is a hybrid of human and kryptonian DNA but it's all mix.

> assuming one chromosome came from Clark and the other came from Lex
>But that would be genetically indistinguishable from either of Superman's parents having had a kid with one of Luthor's parents, making Conner the half-brother of both Clark and Lex.

THAT IS NOT HOW DNA WORKS!!!
When two people reproduce all the genetic data intermixed with the exception of the Y chromosome. You don't get one chromosome from one parent and another from the other parent.
The only way what you just spewed out makes sense would be if all the genes from either Lara or Jor were removed and replaced with the human DNA and the only way Desmond could have realistically done that was if he had access to at least one of Kal’s parents.

Kon is genetically Kal’s son, that’s just the reality. If you want to debate whether or not Kal should have acknowledged him that’s an argument that can be made but the genetic aspect is set in stone.

Attached: 1463258728951.jpg (631x481, 39K)