Underappreciated team members (any team from any series, doesn't have to be capeshit)...

Underappreciated team members (any team from any series, doesn't have to be capeshit), in terms of being overlooked by writers and popularity with fans.

As Avengers go, Monica has never really gotten her due. I honestly can't think of another Avenger with her exact powerset, she was the first female to have the Captain Marvel title, hell, she lead the team for a period. You would think she'd be a bigger deal. Maybe it's the lack of a consistent superhero identity?

Attached: captain-marvel-688x1024.jpg (688x1024, 158K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ebWCYnJ1FTg&list=PLwN7GQjoEtl-JEnxy_gX8Nffa6hypymEX
youtu.be/ebWCYnJ1FTg
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYgLgCivoJE
youtube.com/watch?v=eBxN_QDLWek
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

His powers aren't that cool but he's one of the coolest X-men to me just because of his attitude/demeanor.

Attached: banshee.jpg (442x906, 87K)

Pretty much never left the base in season 2.
I know he has a moderate fanfollowing, but the writers never used showed much interest in him and he's nowhere near the same level as Primal, Cheetor, Dinobot or Rattrap

Attached: images.jpg (210x240, 9K)

Bro why is Tankor green in this image

Attached: wonder man.jpg (1237x800, 219K)

For obvious reasons

Attached: 5916C840-ED53-4500-B613-38D047DA7A78.jpg (1242x2208, 578K)

He’s not bad, he can fly, I would say Nightcrawler or Captain Britain

>Nightcrawler

I wouldn't call him underappreciated. He's one of the most popular X-Men, isn't he? The entire 70s team are all pretty iconic

man, fuck banshee.
>power is he screams loud
>flies by screaming loud at the ground
>look at that fucking costume
>me oirish accent
couldn't wait for him to die when reading the original run, but it never happened.

Monica was one of those characters strongly associated with her creator, and for 20 years other writers seemed to have no interest in her afterwards, until NextWave, which her older fans hated.

His role on the team was to be the older veteran character. Once they decided Wolverine was also older, Banshee was written out, and didn't get a regular role again until Generation X almost 15 years later.

Not unpopular but just overshadowed by the rest of the cast. Neglected by writers, but at least kept in the main Beast Wars cast, got no new toys until he became a villain in Beast Machines, then got killed.

Avengers writers and editors tend to like him a lot more than readers do, so he gets occasional pushes. Fans would be happier with using him for teaming with Beast, but Marvel keep using him in an unpopular love triangle that made people hate him.

Doesn't appear outside of comics, genuinely loved by Thor fans and a lot of Thor writers. Won't ever replace Thor, but too popular to kill off.

>>look at that fucking costume
It'd be improved 400% if the yellow parts were ANY OTHER COLOR but imagine if they were white, it'd make him like an Irish flag, it'd be perfect. As it stands it's still his best costume though, and that's saying a lot when it's so terrible

the only time I "liked" the costume was in The Juggernaut Bitch where they make a joke about him wearing Jamaican colors.

and of course he carried around a pipe too. he's such a fucking caricature.

Nothing wrong with caricatures

sure there is. in banshee's case there is. it's like "we gotta remind the reader how Irish he is EVERY issue."

I mean just fucking look at that picture. LOOK AT IT!!! imagine if that thing came out today as pictured? it would be pilloried as a garbage OC the same way Duke or Harper Row are

Chill out, tumblr

ok

Never as popular as Black Bolt or Crystal at her peak. She is in all the Inhuman stories but never really gets to do a lot probably because her powers are weird. Plus she is a bit stronger than people usually give her credit for. Being team mom in FF was good.

Attached: No Medusa not into the building.jpg (1041x1600, 620K)

Attached: skywarp.jpg (250x194, 13K)

I've never held a Thor comic and I dont much care for Thor but I sure as shit like Beta Ray Bill, I'd buy a Bill comic without a second thought

you've never read a thor comic?

Jubilee is still my favorite X-Man. not as a vampire or anything, just in general. i don't even really like X-Men, though, so maybe that says something.

Hair will always be the worst power and being an inhuman is practically a death sentence in the eyes of 90% of fans, and that last 10% just want to wank off Black Bolt

Why would I?
I've always had a soft spot for her ever since the 90's cartoon

After her very early appearances, she stopped being the focus of Inhumans stories because Crystal was easier to identify with, or Black Bolt allowed writers to focus on the inner thoughts of a silent man. The modern Inhumans push put the spotlight on Medusa in a way that made fans dislike her, and also made her the focus for X-fags' hatred.

Transformers has a huge cast of villains, most Decepticons who aren't Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave or Shockwave tend to be neglected. Skywarp was popular in spite of neglect because he had a useful power, a cool color scheme, and got just enough time spent on him to show some personality, but to modern fans of the IDW comics he has been completely overshadowed by Thundercracker.

>Why would I?
what the fuck kind of response is this? couldn't have just said yes or no huh? i wont bother talking to you now

I already stated that I dont much care for the character, why would I spend money and time on his comics?

there's a lot of things I never cared for, until I did. because you change over time. because you give things a chance. and I asked because you said you never "held" a thor comic which is kind of ambiguous. you can always read online. but whatever I know your type, have a good day.

I'm a sucker for characters with wuxia Bullshit and Karnak's overall "I'm a dick and I know it, if you don't like it too bad for you" personalty is a nice bonus for me
Sadly Medusa like the rest of the royal family will be on ice for the next few years with maybe some passing mention by Beta Ray Bill as to how there doing. Plus the Inhuman push itself did not help her image much (in fact it probably made it worse for some people).

Attached: Karnak Mander-Azur 2.jpg (481x718, 36K)

I upset you a good deal more than I intended and i apologize for that, i dont like Marvel's interpretation of Norse mythology but i dont have any problems with people who do enjoy that stuff, he has a hell of a following so I'm sure there's good stuff there even if it doesnt appeal to me

I accept your apology and I accept that you don't care much for Thor. i just think you should keep an open mind in the future. it's crazy how our receptiveness to certain characters can change over time. heck, even liking Beta Ray Bill gives you a head start some people wouldn't have

Not that user but it's weird but nice to see civility on Yea Forums in general, so keep it up guys and have good days yourselves.

thanks and you too man. it's never too late to bring back "Yea Forums is love"

Personally I've always had a soft spot for John Henry Irons "Steel". One of the best aspects of Superman is how he inspires people, both characters in the comics and real world readers alike so the idea of a man being so inspired by him that he make what is basically an Ironman suit and heads out into the world to do good was something that really resonated with me
And the elseworld comic where he's a slave and ultimately guns down a bunch of confederate soilders with a fucking minigun just completely blew me away the first time I read it, what a fucking power move

Attached: 5988404-8.jpg (416x640, 105K)

I'll consider reading some Thor someday, I've seen the movies and I kinda feel like that's enough for me but who knows

>The modern Inhumans push put the spotlight on Medusa in a way that made fans dislike her
She didn't even really do much. She was just in charge while the nuhumans did most of the work. Add to that letting the cloud go, cheating on Black Bolt, and randomly being a bitch for no real reason and ended up putting people off real hard. Don't get me Medusa being a bitch isn't new but it's usually offset by her devotion to BB and there being a plot reason. Taking away both just fucks it up.

hey they aren't going anywhere. you'll get around to it. I won't bother recommending Marvel thor, but I will recommend a Thor comic from the legendary Thor scribe Walter Simonson . this is a comic he did for IDW that is basically a sequel to the actual Norse mythology. ragnarok has happened, and the story begins. maybe this will be more your cuppa tea, since you dislike the Marvel version of Norse myth

Attached: file.png (1048x1600, 2.13M)

Now that is something I can see myself reading

Hawkman. No matter how many threads I make , no one cares :(

Attached: EBzrZziVUAA0583.jpg (702x960, 128K)

I like hawkman user but only the Hawkworld version

It's probably because his continuity is fucked

The problem with his costume, other than the open collar spandex look being a little outdated, are the armpit wings. Giant oval wings look terrible and stripes aren't a great choice for superhero costumes usually.

He BTFO Carol about Feminism in Avengers #195. Wonder Man is absolutely based

the wings are his only distinguishing feature though. i think the overall color scheme is the problem.

I like what I've seen of him, in the modern stuff at least he's generally a tough-as-nails D&D warrior on wings, I always wondered if he would be more popular if he had a different look

I read a bit of it and I love the bit where they make them read the constitution and Hawkgirl says it's bullshit

Attached: HawkWorld-03-23.jpg (972x1512, 398K)

Do you have the page by any chance?

What's wrong with it?

Attached: Hawkman01_01_5b20604584c447.82171906.jpg (600x911, 142K)

bro we're talking about banshee

>Doesn't appear outside of comics, genuinely loved by Thor fans and a lot of Thor writers. Won't ever replace Thor, but too popular to kill off.
I am thinking the reason he doesn't appear outside comics is because he's a character that's only used by writers who genuinely like him and those tend to be the comic writers who read Simonson's run. He's most likely not in the MCU because Marvel Studios people probably look at him and think he's just Horse Thor and that he looks too weird and scary for the general audience.

For the Banshee fan I'd like to hear who he thinks is a dumber Xmen, one more deserving of Banshees plot as the most forgotten

He's always had either green/yellow or blue/yellow. It's not really the color scheme, it's that his costumes have been pretty boring design-wise. His classic outfit is just a green bodysock with yellow boots and a little yellow around the collar, after all. If I were going to redesign Banshee while keeping close to his classic look I'd probably give him yellow hourglass shaped panel on his torso to evoke an X, give him a yellow belt, and drop the armpit wings. If forced to keep a wing element, I'd switch it to a hi-tech cape that turns into rigid wings.

He's a flying barbarian hero, changing his look removes a fundamental aspect of him.

That's why you introduce him in the same way he was introduced in that old Thor Cartoon. Have him show up under the assumption that he's an evil alien that Thor or SheThor fights and then have him get his hands on Mjolnr, Thor/SheThor realizes he's worthy and then he becomes a good guy for the later part of the movie

There's gotta be a way to update the look (I'm talking about Hawkman) in a way that keeps his barbarian qualities but has a better chance of appealing to a broader audience

they should have done more w him. he was dope af to me in the comics

How?

Attached: a35c8386f27e521ef2637ea46e0abdc7.png (735x1047, 1.55M)

Less doofy helmet

Different color pants maybe. Armored pants? Idk. When in doubt, slap armor on it.

More muted earth tones for his colors, armor - not the garish stuff they usually give him but instead something that looks like an ancient breastplate, go back to the pre-Flashpoint continuity of ancient alien stuck in a reincarnation cycle on Earth, make Carter and Shayera have distinct lives instead of shoving the reincarnated lovers shtick in immediately - they're more like old flames/exes who can't get out of each other's lives and constantly drift towards each other, and embrace the fact that he's a giant slab of grizzled, manly beefcake who is also erudite and educate and let the fujos and gays go wild.

>hell, she lead the team for a period
We know, Monica.

>NextWave, which her older fans hated
Lies, one of the reasons I decided to read it was because of her, had lots of fun.
Well also probably because of Fin Fang Foom.

>The modern Inhumans push put the spotlight on Medusa in a way that made fans dislike her, and also made her the focus for X-fags' hatred.
Before that, there was already her part in War of Kings and the whole cucking Black Bolt meme, though.

The way they've treated Medusa shows that no one has any damn idea how to use the character, and I think that part of it is that Inhumans were never really fleshed out well as a culture and government, and the Inhuman push more or less completely gutted the franchise.

Attached: RCO012_1476004703.jpg (800x1175, 296K)

Some Moore/Gaiman/Johns/Morrison tier writer will come along and fix the Inhumans sooner or later

This isn't "btfo"ing feminism. This is just shitty strawmanning by the writer.

The Inhumans push not only made me hate Medusa for all the cuckinc shit, but also made me hate Black Bolt, who i really loved, as a result for taking her back after everything. In fact i can't stand most of the Inhumans now because of the whole thing. It feels like i read tons of NTR manga without a satisfying end where the cuck grows a spine.

>Lies, one of the reasons I decided to read it was because of her, had lots of fun.
You could be an exception, user. A lot of her fans were angry with how Ellis wrote her, or continuity errors he made.

Y'know what? Yea this all sounds pretty good

Actually its lighthearted poking at both sides, calm down

Meh not exactly what I'd call a BTFO moment

>heck, even liking Beta Ray Bill gives you a head start some people wouldn't have
Head start to agreeing because everyone loves Based Beta Ray Bill. Pic unrelated.

Attached: 2367C9A6-2DBE-407D-B258-85FDEA3BD9A7.jpg (800x1000, 189K)

Hoff looked the part, I'll give him that.

>we will never get a Wolverine/Jubilee buddy movie
Why even live?

The big problem with that, I suppose, is Nextwave was just popular enough with writers that it got taken seriously. I heard Ewing bridged things up, but I don't know how well he explained the continuity/characterization problems.

Yeeeeeah... one like most of those wrote them, Hickman, with the same kind of results.
Garrrrrbage.

That movie beats most of the MCU in quality.
Proper personality Nick, using his supporting cast AND some villains with the right look, a lot of SHIELD tech including LMDs being relevant... I feel it's dismissed too easily.

You’ll like this then, it’s where I got that picture, and it’s only $1! Shows the story of Bill getting a new dope gold hammer named Stormbreaker

Attached: DBB97955-3484-41E3-A0FC-8B70B93CF943.jpg (1242x2208, 699K)

I'll put it on the old to-read list thanks

>Being team mom in FF was good
They had two dope characters and two nobodies on that team, without Medusa and Sandman there is no FF

Blue Beetle II - Ted Kord

Excellent supporting cast member every time he shows up. Funny, smart, and has great relationships with other members. Best bromance in comics with Booster Gold. Has a habit of being sidelined or killed off.

Attached: 32d160a7de5057f1643d1d03da73e9ff.jpg (630x963, 238K)

Hickman didn't really try to write the Inhumans. he just plotted them out ruling the Kree and did the T-bomb. Neither were full stories. Just moving the ball for other writers.

>He's most likely not in the MCU
He is, in ragnarok on the tower, also Man-Thing is there

It falls into that awkward spot of not being awful enough for everyone to know about it (Daredevil, Catwoman) and not being super recent or relevent

Absolutely. He looks plucked from the comic page! How have I never seen this before!

I'm just waiting for them to pull him out of a different timeline or universe and I to the main one, jaime's popular and he's not going anywhere but I dont see why we cant have both

Hoff was the best Fury ever and should’ve been considered over Sam Jackson even though he has done well. It was in the weird time where Hoff played Fury, and Dolph Lundgren was the punisher.

sup fellow BB fan.

is it weird that I honestly think one of the best versions of Ted comes from Jaime's original run? Reminds me of Eddard Stark in GoT, Ted is dead throughout the whole series but the callbacks are frequent and he just pervades the story in a great way.

downloading as we speak. thank you ge'men.

Attached: file.png (263x378, 210K)

You're kind of overselling it. It's pure B-movie goodness, but it's still a B-movie.

Gotcha, then maybe captain Britain or Bishop

Honestly he wasn’t that bad, don’t get the Banshee hate

Haven't read the first Jaime run but I'll be sure to on that recommendation

Yeah. Holy fuck how have neither of those been mentioned in this thread yet Cap Britain especially is unbelievably under used and appreciated

It needs a rewatch by everyone who said it was good. Hopefully after they watch Avengers Endgame.
But yes, The Hoff as Nick Fury is good.

My pleasure, post it if you can

Hoff as nick fury is the best casting, dead ringer, nothing against Sam Jackson but Fury was never bald

I downloaded it and it was dubbed in Russian! Fuck. It's ok I found it on the tube. Not the best quality but it'll do
youtube.com/watch?v=ebWCYnJ1FTg&list=PLwN7GQjoEtl-JEnxy_gX8Nffa6hypymEX

youtu.be/ebWCYnJ1FTg

Isn’t he also British Spiderman with the dope Union Jack uniform?

I mean....He was in the ultimate universe

>ultimate universe
Oh you mean when they literally made it to look like the actor Sam Jackson instead of the other way around

Yeah. I had pretty much moved to reading DC almost exclusively at that point so I missed it. Figured the MCU was just black washing a character, the story about how Sam Jackson found out about it is pretty good tho
I never realised he was the same guy until just now

I think a lot of people like him but he barely gets talked about, he's just so fun!!

Attached: Wildcat.jpg (500x932, 88K)

>the story about how Sam Jackson found out about it is pretty good tho
Never heard of it
>I never realised he was the same guy until just now
Apparently for some reason he decides not to be captain Britain anymore and decides to be a British Spiderman, which hey I’m down that suit was dope and all he needs is web shooters

So it turns out Samuel L Jackson's a huge fucking nerd who reads comic books (lmao) and he was hitting up his local comic shop when he sees an issue with his own fucking face on it, gets his people to contact marvel and plays his cards right, now he's a regular in the MCU

He's the fucking best. I'm not sure what they could do to give him a popularity boost and I dont really expect them to. Still I'm always happy to see him pop up wherever

A match made in heaven, almost too good to be true, I guessed he was a nerd from Unbreakable and Glass

Dude was instrumental for Afro Samurai getting created and apparently has the original volumes of Lone Wolf and Cub.

Agreed, I was pleasantly surprised when he showed up in Birds of Prey and Simone actually wrote him really well.

If you’re talking about this guy, then no, he and Captain Britain are two different dudes.

Attached: 6DBC724F-F223-4950-B3A3-FD129546979A.jpg (700x1057, 195K)

He also makes it into most of the cartoons, even if it's only the odd episode of two

I dont think that's the British spiderman either so it's not the guy we're talking about

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYgLgCivoJE

A lot of people say they love R. Lee Ermey but Dennis Farina was pitch perfect as Ted.

JLU Wildcat was my introduction to the character but as far as voice goes I'm more partial to BatB

I always thought Colleen Wing was the fourth wheel of Heroes for Hire. Luke and Danny were the big ones and Misty got a lot of shine outside of that, but Colleen always seemed left to the side.

youtube.com/watch?v=eBxN_QDLWek

It's a good thing he didnt freak out and get pissed over them literally using his image without his permission, shit worked out really well for him

I don't think that's who he was talking about, but man do I wish someone would do something with Union Jack. Joey Chapman is one of my favorite marvel characters.

If I recall, after that they supposedly had to stop using celebrity faces... not that it stopped Greg Land.

A lot of celebrities like to sue so it's for the best

Afro Samurai was kino

Union Jack is badass and would like a show or movie showing him and captain Britain, perhaps also the Excalibur group show or spinoff from X-Men

I'm not usually a tit man and she has some great tits

Banshee’s powers can be dope if utilized correctly

>i wont bother talking to you now

gee that sure is a big loss.

Sam Jackson was only made Nick Fury because of Ultimates.