Hawkman:

Why isn't he more popular?

Attached: inhyuk-lee-hawkman-15.jpg (842x1278, 441K)

>clusterfuck of an origin story
>the one with tits is more popular

everyone except you and me is stupid

I dont know why, but I remember having an action figure of him and space ghost. I was playing with them with my cousin, and we both wanted to be space ghost because hawkman was just a dude with bird wings. I feel like design wise, it didnt lend to the targeted demographic to look "cool". Cool enough at least.

Look at that picture man, how is that not awesome?

He's barely used.

Because even his fans can't answer the question "Who is he" without a fifteen-page thesis.

He's a guy who remember all his reincarnations, is not fucking rocket science

Oh, Mitch Shelley?
Moira Mctaggart?

Which one of those is Hawkman?

Because his comics fucking suck. Hawkworld is the only good one, and it's not a version of the character that anyone is familiar with.

Origin aside, it's mostly just exposure. Hawkgirl has more of a push than him thanks to the DCAU shows, and they're kind of a twin act. I think it'd be really easy to sell Hawkman. He's a space Judge Dredd who occasionally fights a fucking ghost!

Attached: Sir Gentleman Ghost.jpg (638x825, 321K)

He has a mace and I always thought that was cool as fuck, his helmet's also pretty badass I think.

He's definetly one of those heroes that you can tell was made in the Golden Age. Any other hereos like that?

>He's a space Judge Dredd
well, one brief version of him is. most of the time he's egyptian recincarnated indiana jones

his origin story and lore are a mess,is hard to use it

Okay so his gimmick is that he raids tombs across the planet to collect dangerous leftover alien technology that's fallen to Earth over the years.

If you really want to write a 'good' Hawkman story, one that stands out and gets noticed, write it like a Conan story, not like a superhero story. You don't have to set the story in the past to tell this kind of story, but you could. Otherwise just do the Hawkworld version which is a lot more interesting.

Both versions of him were popular enough to cause the problem of internal fighting over which one they wanted.

Dont get me wrong, I'm liking him now, but I mean for kids. Even people my age arent into the whole he man and conan aesthetic anymore.
He's a bird. He looks like a bird. Less cool than most.
Most DC heroes. Especially jack kirby characters. But I still like it.

>Even people my age arent into the whole he man and conan aesthetic anymore.
this is crazy to say. think of all the dudes playing superheroes right now. they're all mega beefcakes like Cavill, Hemsworth, Evans, Jackman, and they're always taking their shirts off.

hell, Jason Momoa as Aquaman even LOOKS like Conan (which is fitting because he actually played Conan, and he played Carl Drogo which was also basically Conan).

saying hawkman isn't big=/= he-men aren't big(hehe no pun intended) is a bit of a stretch

>He's a bird.
A hawk to be specific, and hawks are fucking awesome, even when I was a kid and I didn't know shit about him he always seemed like he was a fucking badass, judging by his looks and weapon.

yeah, and Falcon is a falcon, but even the most die hard true believers would tell you he's lame as fuck.

That vampire guy took his shirt off too. Just because you're ripped, or even a big guy, doesn't mean you're Conan. Theres a whole gritty, fantasy feeling to hawkman and how he looks. It's the 80s manly man. Not as goofy as momoa, or as sensual like Christian grey cavill.
Oh yeah, I forgot all them kids playin fortnite and watchin birds.

Pattinson wasn't a beefcake though. you're right though that pure fantasy has been out for a while. but I think we can exploit the beefcake craze and trick some people into buying into fantasy again. it's a shame the Momoa Conan movie was so terrible though.

I really think there would be a market for this stuff

more like cuckman LMAO

Attached: 1547122914942.webm (576x320, 2.49M)

Falcon doesn't even look like a falcon nor has a cool weapon, it's almost like his only power is flight, his costume is generic tacticool bullshit to top it off.
Hawkman on the other hand looks like a badass warrior with a mace, a hawk helmet and wings, they're not even comparable.
You don't need to watch birds to know how badass hawks look.

>Falcon doesn't even look like a falcon
I mean, he doesn't have any elaborate headgear, but he has big wings and even a damn bird that follows him around
>Hawkman on the other hand looks like a badass warrior with a mace, a hawk helmet and wings, they're not even comparable.
sure they're comparable. they're both lame

Attached: file.png (425x604, 348K)

> this is lame

Attached: D9GhvZDU0AYzGoL.jpg (922x1400, 146K)

There could be, but youd have to bring him to the forefront. Theres a huge marketing issue in DC in general. It's just Batman, Batman, Batman, Superman, Batman, Batman related series. Snd vertigo sometimes

the pants are lame as fuck. green is a bad choice. and having him beat people with a mace doesn't matter if the book is PG 13. you'd need to do a Black Label book to do Hawkman right

>big wings
That look like shit compared to Hawkman's majestic wings.
>a damn bird that follows him around
Again, not comparable to Hawkman's looks and weapon.
>they're both lame
Agree to disagree.

Attached: this is going up your ass.png (383x375, 274K)

because he's fucking stupid

>beak
>leather chest straps
>leather wrist wraps
>suspenders?
>le is he like a gay stripper because he looks like one
Is what most people would think

Where do I start reading Hawkman, guys?

What's your ideal Hawkman design? How about a story idea from you?

Attached: a35c8386f27e521ef2637ea46e0abdc7.png (735x1047, 1.55M)

Sure it was hawkman and not pic related? Because space ghost went with birdman

Attached: birdman.jpg (646x431, 73K)

Read Venditti's (the current) run right now. Support the book issue #14 is out on Wednesday.

Attached: 789554._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg (1600x2460, 843K)

oh yeah this is happening btw

Attached: Hawkman the Infected.jpg (911x1400, 557K)

Is it new-reader friendly? I know nothing about Hawkman.

>cucked by both John Stewart and J'onn J'onzz

Definitely, it basically explains his origin making everything canon.
It's way less complex than it sounds.

Yeah, the space ghost and hawkman were both mine. I kept the birdman at home for recon for the gi joes

I just ordered the first trade on Amazon. Hope it's cool.

Fuck Snyder

Yeah, this is happening.

Attached: Hawkman-18-B.jpg (911x1400, 573K)

> thank you user for supporting my book!

Attached: 3254208441_1e520b776b_o (1).jpg (227x195, 15K)

idk lol

>the one with tits is more popular
I'd be willing to be this is because she was a main character in those Justice League cartoons.

So Hawkman is just Angel with a Helmet and a Mace

Is this a real conversation? it sounds like programming

He was literally blacklisted for a while. I'm a huge hawkfag but I understood why it was done. Unfortunately, exposure is everything to relevance

hawkman is a cuck lol

The design is ridiculous

That probably helps considerably.