THE LION KING

WHAT THE FUCK?

Attached: EBtHQHhWwAAikzY.png (693x320, 37K)

The better question is why Toy Story 4 failed

Damn, Illumination.

>mfw Frozen 2 is just 4 months away

Attached: AmeOOF.png (292x363, 83K)

N O S T A L G I A

get ready for a full decade of these

Turns out everyone was just really Tsun about hating the movie.

D E
F I N
D E
S I G L O

The power of a black cast.

Attached: 1553200198663.png (275x280, 69K)

Boomers hate their lives and thus have created a nostalgia cult to forever cherish their childhood, aka the few years their life wasn't complete shit.

If you mean failed to reach Toy Story 3 levels, that's easy: TS3 was clearly marked as the natural ending point of the franchise. So much so that the team working on TS4 at the beginning had no idea how to build the plot for this new one.

Literally every generation does that and yours will too, you fucking retard that actually uses the boomer meme to refer to anyone older than you

None of these deserve to be at the top 10.

Isn’t it weird how there was a sharp uptick in the 1b+ dollar box offices this decade?

We already accepted that
And it isn't Yea Forums's fault, we didn't see it

It's inflation, which sharply upticked the past decade

>Minions outperformed Toy Story 3
>Despicable Me 3 not only broke 1B but was 32M short of TS3
I know Yea Forumsmrades REEEing about 'casuals' is a meme and all ... but Christ on a crutch what the actual fuck is wrong with people???

Kids like Minions.

>Yea Forums and Yea Forums said The Lion King was gonna bomb because it had a black cast and kept chanting "Go woke Go Broke"
>Movie was a massive success
Kek

Yea Forums is never right. Ever.

In my defense, my generation didn't vote to fuck themselves over "Yurop bad".

We knew it was going to succeed here and we said it was going to despite that it was going to be soulless
Yea Forums has no idea what they are talking about

i'm surprised zootopia is here

Because the general public no longer likes animation or good storytelling. If it can shut their kids up, they'll pay gangbusters for it.

Attached: IMG_20190811_193600.jpg (78x95, 3K)

In the age of high inflation and high ticket prices, every movie will soon make a billion dollars.

Attached: 813iA0JqpSL._SX425_.jpg (425x218, 28K)

damn what trash, western culture should be ashamed of itself

Don't you enjoy capitalism?

>kids
>not drunk boomer moms and grandma's

> All of these movies are from this decade?
Why? How the fuck did these outperform movies like Shrek 2?

Yea Forums and Yea Forums have a long running tradition of being wrong about pretty much everything, but claiming they're always right after making a correct prediction

I honestly think we should just end humanity at this point.

Poor Tezuka

Inflation

Fuck you Disney...

Can someone explain to me what Yea Forums did to become hated by almost every board?
I understand why Yea Forums is hated due to it's userbase being comprised of mentally challenged teens or people who might as well be mentally challenged teens, but what did Yea Forums do?

Can I send a rope to your place?

Sneed

Sure, go ahead.

>it outsold the original Lion King
there is no hope for the industry now

Attached: 1545023886483.png (451x636, 434K)

That's natural considering inflation.

>failed
>is one of the top 10 highest grossing films of all time

Have you factored in inflation?

Alright, so why isn't Avatar considered animated?

Yea Forums is a less-populated Yea Forums
Everything that could be bad about a board Yea Forums has

The answer is always /pol/

Too many humans.

Inflation doesn't make it so

Nigger it's barely in the top 10 animations.

WHo the fuck goes to see this trash?

>Minions and Dory even being on this list
What is wrong with people

The General was played by a human I think.

When Tesla said I'd see man-made horrors beyond my comprehension I didn't think he was talking about the box office

It failed in the sense it didn't match up to Incredibles 2 and got outsold both by Lion King and the so-called transition movie in Aladdin despite having way more advertising
Not that it didn't make a profit

Praying for Frozen II to beat it out. I’d rather have an original animated film be the highest grossing than “muh advanced technology”

>boomers
>Lion King
user, boomers were kids in the 70's.

meant animated films of all time.
thats not failing, you're retarded

Fuck off back to Deviantart inflation retards

The real question is how did the incredibles two do that well? I liked the movie but damn were people really that excited for it? Also when is Brad Bird getting the green light to do the Fantastic Four movie?

Seconded.

So was Bob Hoskins in Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

>It doesn't count because it was old

>Sperg out when a show or movie has anything black, gay, or female.
>The most obnoxious and juvenile memes spawn come from there.
>BLACKED spam everywhere.
>Proclaims a movie is going to flop because they don't like it, and will spread that gospel to every board and outside this site.
>Gossip about actors like a bunch of teenage girls and make up the most outlandish stories on the spot and swear that it's true and spam it everywhere.
>Can never stay on topic.
>Keeps making threads about an actress' feet no matter how many times it gets deleted.

This is Television & Film.

DUDE IT LOOKS LIKE A REAL LION LOL

sneed's
feed and seed
CHUCK'S
FUCKANDSUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember how Black Panther was supposed to be the biggest flop in the history of cinema?

>get ready for a full decade of these
another decade, user. This shit has been going on for a while now.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
WE GET IT
LIKE HAVING INTERCOURSE
AND
FELLATION
HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>forgets the cunny
Shame on you.

The tv and film industries have deteriorated, and thus has Yea Forums. If anything, the board merely reflects that state of its subject matter. /pol/ crossposting isn't as powerful as people think, it would be drowned out if the board wasn't shit to begin with. I wouldn't advise Yea Forumsmrades to dunk on Yea Forums too hard considering Yea Forums's very own reputation on the rest of Yea Forums.

why did this make more money than the original

>/pol/ crossposting isn't as powerful as people think
If anything, it's even worse.

>considering Yea Forums's very own reputation on the rest of Yea Forums.
"Our reputation" is we're "tumblr" because we don't want wojak spam posted here. I don't care what other boards think of that

>I understand why Yea Forums is hated due to it's userbase being comprised of mentally challenged teens or people who might as well be mentally challenged teens, but what did Yea Forums do?
exactly the same thing

Yea Forums doesn't tolerate wojak spam either but they're seen as elitist pricks instead of tumblr

Does Frozen 2 break the record?

His point was the chucklefucks' bar for 'tumblr' is meaningless and thus so are their opinions

Yes, and that's considered an animated/live-action hybrid as well.

>the lion king
>again
>but with less colour and way less emotive characters
>and worse build up and presentation of the villain among many other things
>beats every other aniimated movie ever made
How come?

the mousejews win all the time, they don't need to try

Normies and foreigners.
Disgusting.

Yea Forums is literally the same shit as Yea Forums, only with TV and movies instead of vidya.

They don't actually want to talk about film, they just want to whine about blacks and women

Pretty much this. You would think the jackasses spamming every board a film is going to flop would stop after making a completely wrong prediction for the first 10 times. But no, they're so unbelievably stupid they aren't capable of recognizing their own failure over and over and over and over and over again.

>considering Yea Forums's very own reputation on the rest of Yea Forums.
If by "the rest of Yea Forums" you mean Yea Forums, /pol/, Yea Forums, /g/, and similar dogshit boards.

The billion dollar mark has stopped mattering to me ever since the dark knight got a re-release a year later just to get it to a billion.

Reminder that, when adjusted for inflation, Snow White is still the top grossing animated film of all time

Attached: Snow_White_1937_poster.png (259x385, 191K)

Underrated nega-dobson

>sequel
>original animated film

Hollywood: TLK is now the highest-grossing animated film ever, with 1.3b!
Disney: BUT IT'S NOT ANIMATED! *foot stompiez*

The original 1994 release of The Lion King made $312,855,561 in the US- adjusted for ticket price inflation, per year rounded to the nearest dollar, it's $648,482,386 for '94 grosses and $21,967,275 for '95- in total, $ 670,449,661 in 2019 US dollars, and that's just domestically. If we add on the 2002/03 IMAX re-release (although adjusted using standard prices) that's another $ 24,325,782 and the 2011 3D release (again standard) brings in another $107,076,977- so, the live action remake would have to gross over roughly over $800 million ($801,852,420) in the United States ALONE to even try and compete with what the original made.

The "live action" remake has only made $473,309,148 so far in that respect.

No, they count as animated if it beats "animated" records. Otherwise it's "live action".

To add onto this, if we take the '94 Lion King's budget and adjust it through the CPI, that's $77,776,214- with or without marketing notwithstanding if we subtract the original run's gross it leaves $592,673,447 which is still over 7 1/2 times what the film's budget was disclosed to be.

If we do the same with The Woke King (despite the fact that it's still in theaters, let's just say this were the total), a $473,309,148 gross versus what Disney says to be a $250-260 million budget is less than 2 times more.

Rough calculations and nerdshit aside the 1994 version was still much more profitable, and the merchandising that came of it was/is more powerful than anything that a "realistic" film could hope to accomplish.

Yeah, comparing box offices over the years is quite retarded. Inflation is one thing, but population changes matter too (both the total number and distrubution over the age groups).