Why is there no Harry Potter cartoon? Why is there no harry potter comic book...

Why is there no Harry Potter cartoon? Why is there no harry potter comic book? JK Rowling seems to be whoring out her franchise in every other possible way.

Attached: med_1509383390_image.jpg (640x360, 48K)

because theme parks and merch is harmless to lore and canon. comics, cartoons and spin offs only sell really well when the author confirms its all really happened in universe and JK doesnt wanna ruin a gold mine empire shes built.

see

Cursed child was a spinoff, Rowling approved it.

How the hell is she doing that?

Hogwarts Mystery was also a spinoff and Rowling approved it.

Because Harry Potter sucks

You haven't seen the giant pile of HP merch being sold at every single nerd store in America?

>play that's basically fanfiction
>theme park
>fucking mobile game

There's a second mobile game in the works, it seems to be a Pokemon Go knockoff.

That one came out a month or so ago. Same studio as Pokemon Go.

The superior British children's fantasy author should get a new cartoon first.

Attached: e09f4f1228395c19fbb623ec54ed1c9c.jpg (2500x1945, 610K)

I'm thinking they could make a lighthearted show for little girls like MLP. The protagonists would be four teen girls from different houses. Griffindor would be a brave sporty blonde, Hufflepuff would be the girly girl, Ravenclaw would be the nerd and token person of color and Slytherin would be edgy and mischievous. Together, they would deal with high school drama and solve magical mysteries.

Because the main target audience for HP are teenage girls having their first orgasms at the fantasy of Alan Rickman ripping Harry's anus apart. This audience doesn't buy comic books.

Attached: apocalypse beast.jpg (2030x1015, 1.1M)

I miss him

It’s time to let Harry Potter rest honestly. It was a product of its time, and I hate that JK keeps trying to retroactively insert woke shit into one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

this

something feels off

They would if Alan Rickman was drawn well and had shirtless scenes, baka.

James Bond is sexist dog shit though.

You haven't seen that people actually want that stuff?

Literally all things that were asked for.

>basically fanfiction
Literally written to get her fucking approval.

It's not "whoring" when people want it.

Oh oh 'Arry you're the chosen oooonneeee

Akabur beat her to the punch. No animation studio wants to compete.

Typical zoomer. My mother brings up 60s James Bond as a symbol of masculinity occasionally.

The Cosgrove Hall cartoons are better than any attempt there's been made to do it in live action. Their stop motion version of Truckers was fantastic, it's a shame they never animated the entire Bromeliad Trilogy.

At least Hogfather was pretty great.

But Ron, what if I can't get it up? I'm so nervous!

I mean I still think that stuff would sell really well, but JK won't sign off on it for her own reasons.

I mean "fanfiction" in the derogatory, "lol what if Voldemort had a kid with Bellatrix" sense, not in the "unofficial" sense.

And a mobile game is the definition of whoring.

>JK doesnt wanna ruin a gold mine empire shes built
Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts argue otherwise

hehe wingardium BUM

Hopefully with Good Omens' success more stuff will move forward

Attached: Angua_by_rubendevela.jpg (800x1024, 283K)

there is neither any decent game, i have always tough an open wolrd game where you are just a hogawrts estudent would be cool,we all have tough about it, and yet it doesnt exist

one can hope, but Gaiman was such a huge driving force behind Good Omens. I don't think Discworld has someone on that scale pushing for it.

It has Gaiman pushing for it, he's managing all of Pratchett's film and TV adaptions.

Those were made with "fuck you" money, so I doubt she cares, or even felt that dent. She's still stupid rich.

Not really. Basically everyone has a mobile game right now.

and they're all whores

No.