At what age did you grow out of South Park and why?

At what age did you grow out of South Park and why?

Hard Mode: Don't say "They made fun of you" as a way to avoid any and all criticisms of the show

Attached: intro.jpg (780x439, 85K)

The show mocked OP.

When Matt and Trey got into their elder years after years of fighting against the machine they accidentally became the standard of how things are and the 2-3 years they tried to suicide themselves with season long arcs and failed and went back to the status quo because their wives they met in a gas station with a prestarted family needs money and Viacom knows that they know.

But I grew back into south park last season when they calmed down and accepted their fate as the pillar of stability for a dying network on a dying media distribution method.

When they became out-of-touch old men yelling at clouds, so I guess mid 2010s, maybe a bit earlier

You don't.

in tune with this , I stopped watching when they stopped making fun of hollywood and became hollywood, which was around 200/201

Honestly, I watched South Park religiously from the beginning to the first appearance of Towlie...who I mention not because I hated him, but because that was the last episode I clearly remember watching as part of my usual schedule that made me laugh my ass off.

I still pop in every now and again, and it's always just fine, but it's not so great that I prioritize watching every new episode. Has it gotten less good, or has the novelty just worn off over time? Not a question I feel like devoting a lot of time to.

I thoroughly enjoyed both Stick of Truth and the Fractured, But Whole though.

I get in and out of south park in waves.
New season comes out, i watch it while its airing, revisit my favorite episodes, become slightly active in fan shit. This last for a few months after the season ends and then i move on to somthing else with the occasional return to watch something.
Repeat the same cycle next season

When the election arc started

I didn't, i still like the old seasons and movie and i did like both of the games, i just feel like the last couple of seasons had various issues, from the serialization resulting in a pathetic table flip to the overall dreary mood of the latest one. I always liked the fantastical, silly and absurd episodes the best. Every once in a while a individual episode manages to shine through though.

Now if you are asking for a Shark Jump i consider Season 17 the point where bad episodes start getting more common then good ones in Seasons. With Ginger Cow probably being the worst episode of the show because it unlike shit like Season 20 it doesn't even have entertainment value in being bad in a interesting manner. Ginger Cow was just bad AND boring.

Attached: 1507823622715.png (235x411, 129K)

I never "grew out" of it because I didn't start watching it until I was already an adult.
That said, the show went to complete shit by season 19 - even before that, since like season 12, it was only just okay (and a few episodes are unwatchable garbage).

Fell out of love after the Bin Laden episode. The episode was funny but their "special message" of "if you don't love your team get the hell off the field" committed the tried and tested mistake of calling dissent unpatriotic at a time America was at risk of rolling over to accept Patriot Act, Iraq War, etc

That's a pretty sad reason to stop watching a great show.

I'll admit, I kind of miss the sillier episodes of near the beginning.

No, they didn't.

i didn't. still keep up with the new seasons and play the games. not crazy about it but only 10 episodes, once a week or so, every year isn't much commitment and it's still pretty funny.

I didn't start watching the show until 2016. It look stupid to me when it was new and I was a kid, but eventually I ran out of things to watch and gave it a shot. I marathoned the whole thing over a month or two.

To give a semi-relevant answer, I'll say that there's never a major drop-off in quality in the show. The serialized seasons are definitely different, but they're just as hit-or-miss as every other season. The only reason they seem worse is because the misses keep showing up instead of being contained.

I remember being younger at the time the Human Centipede episode came out and I really didn't find it funny when my circle of friends kept raving and raving about it.

I've been downright hating it since that GoT/Console Wars episode came out there. So incredibly unfunny and Yea Forums wouldn't shut the fuck up about it.

I've been able to watch a few episodes of the latest season and wew, those RDR2 scenes where the whole joke is that they're playing RDR2 (Because it came out recently at the time!!!) was incredibly painful.

I'm starting to grow out of it but only because season 22 was so unbeliavably dull, Trey clearly just wants the show to end at this point.

I dropped it around the family guy episode

Season 1-4 were messy but fun kids being kids but outrageous situations.
5- 10 is when they decided to be more topical but it was usually with a subversive twist. These are the best seasons.

11+ onwards is when they kinda became too self aware that the show was topical. There are still some fun episodes but it feels like they are trying too hard. Too hard to be wacky or too hard to make a point. It seeminly lost the edge it once had.

For me season 7 has so many classic episodes, Mormons, Casa Bonita, Butt Out.

They just like to subvert the usual narratives on such topics. A better episode is I'm a little bit country... when they say that the US needs both pussies and war mongerers to survive.

Why?
Do you like Family Guy?

Never. Every year or two I remember it exists and watch catch up while cleaning.

i was part of the initial south park boom and by this point the show was in decline, and the episode made it seem they were jealous of family guy

I didn't

>i was part of the initial south park boom
No you weren't. Cartoon Wars wasn't jealousy. It was making a joke out of it.

Sounds like you don't have a sense of humour.

Honestly this whole thread is mostly:
>I stopped liking South Park when it offended me over x issue.
You should dislike modern South Park because it is messy and not as funny. Not because it offended you.

Not sure how you think that happened.

When I moved out of my parents and starting just watching stuff online instead of cable.

Never got out of it. South Park is so hit or miss.

Sometimes they have a season that falls apart over the course of it, and sometimes it has a season that hits all the right places. It's a gamble for me at this point.

they made fun of you

Around season 10 when it slowly became The Randy Marsh Show. I think Season 12 is when I dropped it entirely and only periodically came back years later when I saw some re-runs on TV.

I genuinely, deeply hate the character of Randy purely because he's stolen the show and relegated the actual main characters to side characters. I did not start watching South Park so I could see their take on Homer Simpson/Peter Griffin and have it shoved in my fucking face every fucking episode.

I used to watch the show religiously until the season where they made Heidi fat. I slowly lost interest around season 19.

Around this time, the South Park fanbase stopped becoming fun to be in since it started shifting to become more focused with shipping because of the Tweek x Craig episode. I just wanted to laugh at fart jokes and Cartman calling people "fags" and "jew", and watch weird creature shit like the trapper keeper or the Jakovasaurs.

i think i stoped watching it around season 15 or around that, and i came again now in the last season

>he liked jakovasaurs but doesn't like tweek x craig

Attached: Wwg1q7c.png (119x155, 24K)

I must have been 18 or 19. I remember being excited for the new season and then being completely disappointed when it finally aired.

Speaking of Tweek, he was more fun when he actually did shit like scream about Underpants Gnomes and fear the thought of living snowmen.

Half of South Park for me used to be about the weird creatures, like Scuzzlebutt, Manbearpig, and Mephisto's ass experiments. By the time I stopped watching there were barely any of those anymore.

It's funny, but I wouldn't watch SP for years because I couldn't understand what the kids were saying. I had to watch it awhile to understand.

Season 17 for me. Stopped finding the episodes funny and they started having retarded takes on current events like “The NSA isn’t spying on you, they are only spying on important people so don’t worry about them” and “Zimmerman was a racist”. Also it was the season where the story arcs started.

I never really did but Matt and Trey do sometimes feel like they are out of touch or overtly angry and biased. It makes the latest seasons hit or miss. I actually really liked seasons 19-22 and sad they didn't push the serialization enough. It's messy and they chicken out of interesting storylines.

The quality went down hard too when they went from two seven episode chunks a year to one big 10 episode in the fall. I liked the old format and thought that if they wanted to do serialization then the old form of two half and 14 episodes would have worked better. But regardless the episodes before the switch were definitely funnier.

Trey Parker is a literal cuck

>Zimmerman was a racist
He was too bh w/u la famiglia.

sorry to any hardcore South Park fans but I've never watched South Park and I don't think I ever will

Thanks matt

I didn't start watching south park until I was 23.