THE DEATH OF FEATURE ANIMATION

Why do animated masterpieces like Spiderverse and LAIKA movies make little money while shit like Lion King and Frozen make a billion dollars

Attached: EBt6EN1WwAEbwQv.jpg (509x415, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MemoryNova/status/1160655547273818118
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Nigger-Man
>Makes little money
I wish.

Brand.

Not enough Peni Parker

>Spiderverse
>$375 million box office
>next to nothing

You need to view it from the perspective of the average moviegoer, rather than the average Yea Forumsmrade, OP. They look at shit slightly differently.

>Lion King
>normie reaction: OMG its that movie from my childhood but modernized. Neat.

>Into the spiderverse
>Huh. Another Spiderman movie, but animated, like for kids? Eh. There's been quite a few Spiderman movies already, and I don't know a lot about Miles Morales or the other characters.

I really feel like this is common sense and I'm repeating a lot of the same shit but OP asking shows not everyone here is aware of how most people think apparently.

it made more than 3 times it's budget.

I know you're probably like 18 but movies didn't used to make near a billion every year like they do now.

my bad user, I just realized you were trying to make my point to OP. sometimes its hard to tell on here when people just greentext without any other context.

maybe because they're better movies? why do you think people would want to see the 90th kiddy Spider-Man movie over a Lion King remake

Nigga I'm 23 I know they didn't

Spiderverse still made a profit

It's cool, user.

>Disney Remake
>Better movies

Dude that's not why people watch them. It's brand recognition and celebrity voice actors. Fucking moron. I mean barely anyone talks about it after they watch it for a good reason, because it sucks.

>masterpieces like Spiderverse
Jesus what a shit taste
I'm glad that shit flopoed. Anything related to multiple spiders is utter shit

No offence but the amount of money it makes is a much more objective look at its quality than you're opinion, it is a better movie than Spider-Verse significantly.

you do realize that into the spider-verse was a very poorly marketed movie, right? the average normie doesn't even know it exists

it all comes down to marketing, really

stop reposting twitter
twitter.com/MemoryNova/status/1160655547273818118

0/8
Shit quality b8.

Except normies will consume anything if it is marketed well enough. Lion King could be a 1/10 and it would still make billions because of nostalgia.

>Anything related to multiple spiders is utter shit
it's easier to say you don't like spiderman at all dude, cuz spiderman was one of the first superheroes to have several worlds (and also he got cloned pretty early).
But I guess you're an average 18 yo being mad at things you don't even know because the only spiderman you know is what you saw in muh avengers

Well it's selling well on home video so hopefully a sequel if it's done right will make more money.

This is bait

GOD DAMN IT!

Attached: c8e.gif (480x360, 379K)

LISTEN HERE YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS
FROZEN 2 IS OUR ONLY HOPE TO DEFEAT THIS PIECE OF SHIT
WE NEED TO MAKE IT
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IF YOU DON'T LIKE FROZEN
WE NEED TO MAKE IT BROS

Attached: OH NO NO NO NO NO.png (229x490, 153K)

even if you paid for my ticket i wouldn't willingly see Frozen 2

I'm not paying money to Disney.

IT DOESN'T MATTER
BUY TICKETS, BUT DON'T SEE IT IF YOU WANT TO
WE NEED TO MAKE THE MOST GROSSING ANIMATED FEATURED FILM AN ACTUAL ANIMATED FEATURED FILM

Attached: Ryuko fucc.jpg (351x283, 19K)

Nice try, Disney

Because laika only has one good movie and expecting the average movie goer to be familiar with 4 different spoidermen is retarded

That's why you choose to eat potato chips ($29 billion industry) rather than lobster ($4 billion industry) right?
Because of the quality?

this is insanely true. Tried to get my roommate to watch ITSV and he wouldn't even consider it because it is animated, not even when I bought the blu ray. Yet we've gone to see many live action capeshits at the theater.

nigger who did you think was going to bite this?

Attached: 1539198821964.png (504x529, 458K)

There's just no winning bros

You know why.

Attached: 3453452345234532.jpg (607x608, 79K)

>animated masterpieces like Spiderverse
The Yea Forumsntrarianism is strong with this one.

Use the Disney paid you to buy our tickets then shill

ITSV?

Culture is always advanced by the fringe, the unconventional and stuff outside the mainstream. You can't expect new and exciting stuff to get mass appeal. Stuff that's safe and familiar gets that.

>Into The Spider-Verse
c'mon, user.

Same, I can't get anyone to watch it because it's a "stupid cartoon"

>Why do animated masterpieces like Spiderverse
I liked the movie but it was brought down heavily with its use and focus of Miles. Also I bet it's mostly gibberish to people who haven't read comics at all.

off topic, but since this is a Yea Forums movie thread i feel like i can say that there are Yea Forums films that just think up of a title and work their way to make said title relevant to the film, and those who come up with the title after finishing up the story to said Yea Forums film.

Attached: 1564953578245.png (598x628, 383K)

>brought down heavily with its use and focus of Miles
genuinely how and what

You people are pathetic. Enjoy your radio pop you basic hoe.

He's a racist, user.

Yes lets give Disney more money

Because they're better movies, ever thought about that huh?

>Muh marketing
Spider-verse had a huge buzz before release. Starting in December 2017 with the teaser. The fucking sequel was put into production in november 2018 before the movie was even released that's how confident they were.

Frozen had an awful marketing campaign. Go and look at the trailers, it showed nothing what the actual movie was going to be about.

>even Secret Life of Pets 2 is doing slightly better than Niggerverse

Attached: images.jpg (472x650, 49K)

Because Lion King is prime normie bait and every person who saw the original also dragged their kids to see it.

It's proved that general audience like to pay the tickets for watching minion-like shits rather than actual good animation.

Both mega-corps made a lot of money off these movies, you don't have to argue about whether they should make more or less

>masterpieces
Fuck sake, Yea Forums

This is the correct answer, Spiderverse is too ahead of its time, I saw both on opening weekend, spiderverse was only people of my age and some parents (dads only, saw next to mothers) with their children. Lion King was choke full of people of all ages, even saw groups of mid-40s milfs who came to watch the movie without children. Disney's marketing is sadly right on this one, normies love gritty realistic reboots and are afraid of stylization.