> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ

> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
John Cleese on Creativity: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Terrible Writing Advice: youtube.com/channel/UC3ogrx6d9oohf6D42G44j1A

>Brush Packs
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

This was the last one

Attached: 1564854042392[1].png (1200x1165, 650K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/
vocaroo.com/?upload
twitter.com/SquishyBliss/status/1151152269704028161?s=19
tapas.io/episode/1488530
webtoons.com/en/challenge/tad-danger-substitute-ranger/sky-high/viewer?title_no=315332&episode_no=2
tapas.io/episode/1047237
docs.google.com/document/d/1fx5nZTPHod1FpxxOhJ1Z1AgCfzdTtMN_R79j4A-HnhQ/edit?usp=sharing
pmq.com/pizza-in-comics-the-life-of-times-of-admiral-pizza/
mintgreen-adventures.com/
tapas.io/episode/1489469
webtoons.com/en/challenge/eerily-lovely/wild-strawberry-part-4/viewer?title_no=255060&episode_no=23
eerilylovely.smackjeeves.com/comics/2840899/wild-strawberry-part-4/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-stranding-fields/list?title_no=303921
instagram.com/van_derteal/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cavendish
youtube.com/watch?v=2wEuTi2jsFg&feature=youtu.be
freakanimes.com/westtree/?comic=ch0-p1
esotericethics.com/
seluda.cfw.me/comics/182
tapas.io/episode/1487075
luckyhazard.thecomicseries.com/
tapas.io/episode/1490708
webtoons.com/en/challenge/ibrahim-coyle/list?title_no=270091
tapas.io/series/Ibrahim-Coyle
tapas.io/series/Girls-Are-Cooking
vocaroo.com/i/s1mMwlz48Hqs
vocaroo.com/i/basedtijVFoRHm
vocaroo.com/i/s1tTAJM8DEv7
vocaroo.com/i/s0v6oqroIZcZ
youtube.com/watch?v=8FiF4DAiFYc
instagram.com/swordscomic/
tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch
witchwayswitch.com/
tapas.io/series/Virgin_and_Limpdick
pmq.com/pizza-in-comics-the-life-and-times-of-admiral-pizza/
youtube.com/watch?v=ufeNQCgF-ms&ab_channel=SheepGuy
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=domain
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How's Your Webcomic?
not bad user thanks

Let's start the contest already

Let it die

I believe it is time to start yeah. Contest guy indicated that. he'll probably be along soon

Alright new thread. How much time did you put into preproduction before drawing your first page? How often do you upload? How big is your backlog and do you have the whole story scripted out or do you go with the flow?

Attached: Screenshot_20190812-222829.png (1080x1920, 1.36M)

>How much time did you put into preproduction before drawing your first page?
It was like... a day.
>How often do you upload?
Used to do daily, averaged about every 3 days for the bigger comics
>How big is your backlog and do you have the whole story scripted out or do you go with the flow?
haha... backlog..
The bigger arcs got scripted, first as a skeleton, then fleshed out whenever ideas came to me.

what was the contest again?

>It was like... a day.
oh wow i love stories with deep lore

Wacky Races
Fashion Contest
Voicing a Character

Aaaaalright, its time for the HYW SUPER DUPER ULTRA EVENT: Voicing Edition!

For this event, pick a dialogue/line from a webcomic (your webcomic or from someone else) and try voicing it!
You can write your own lines if you want too!

Do your best!

ONLINE RECORDER:
vocaroo.com/

UPLOAD AUDIO ONLINE:
vocaroo.com/?upload

Or use whichever recording tool you want to, no rules here!

Attached: 1565216162514.jpg (883x1050, 415K)

what do I get if I win?

just FYI vocaroo is shit, but it ruins your recording LESS if you record separately and upload to it.

If anyone wants to upload their favorite page, something they think it'd be nice to hear voiced, that'd be swell

please don't

You get to marry a webcomic girl or boy of your choice.

For the ones who dont wanna voice, we can do the other events later, dont worry.

please don't

Well this took longer than expected, but at least the comic is getting some action. If they spent any more time standing around and talking I think I would legally need to change the comic into a "gamers on a couch" webcomic.

Attached: Page 29.jpg (936x2119, 809K)

I fucking love it when the positions reverse, and the person who previously seemed experienced is now clearly the naive one

Post source

twitter.com/SquishyBliss/status/1151152269704028161?s=19

You will be very happy or very upset

>You will be very happy or very upset
thanks for saving me the read user, sounds degenerate

No QOTT? How 'bout these unofficial ones:
1) do you make your comic with the sidequest to also get some money out of it?
2) what would the best way be to make at least some dough out of your comic without paywalling it?

Post it please?

>do you have the whole story scripted out
Yes! I finished the script, revised it thoroughly and I've come to a point where I can say I'm actually satisfied with it. After 1.5/2 years and 330 kilobytes (RTF format) I can't fucking WAIT to finally draw this shit

Attached: download.jpg (194x259, 10K)

There's probably a reason Beatrice failed the exam twice now.

Also yeah, I thought a lot about the dynamic between the three main characters. They all excel in certain fields but are complete failures in others.

>2) what would the best way be to make at least some dough out of your comic without paywalling it?
donations with incentives

The question of the thread is "are there elephants in your comic? Why not? where would an elephant go?"

Need nerdy sounding names for a male character. Give me some suggestions.

anything from 200 years ago
wallace
edgar
jeremiah
stewart
hiram
augustus
edwin
orrin
thaddeus
theodore

Nicodemus, Atticus, Filbert, Wallace, Sidney, Archibald, Dwight, Dwayne, Sedgwick, Dexter, Mortimer. Any of those work?

Quinn
Tino
Yitzchak
Perry
Basil

I wasn't thinking about the consequence when I was plotting it out, but I am doing something really bad to one of the character. What's happening to her will become sagway to another plot later on, but it'll be put aside for the time being. At least one other character will be greatly effected by this, but I don't know if I want this bad thing happening with the character be constantly hanging in the background..

Attached: 2019AUG12_RUBY_SAPPHIRE_PROFILE.jpg (848x1200, 216K)

I like Edwin, Edgar, or Orrin here.

I like Wallace and Dwight here.

I like Quinn here.

It's kinda hard to narrow it down from here but I like the harsher sounding/shorter names. I'll have to ruminate on these unless someone else posts a better one

Attached: 1517195715495.jpg (399x300, 17K)

Back when I started the one strip every week I just winged it. With this reboot, I really wanna take the time to make this work. Still... this one brings a smile to my face.

Attached: rsz_comic_page_28_copy.png (940x756, 90K)

Thread died, so new shill post
Just dropped the start of chapter two last night.

tapas.io/episode/1488530

webtoons.com/en/challenge/tad-danger-substitute-ranger/sky-high/viewer?title_no=315332&episode_no=2

In other news, I got my wrist checked out today. Got a heavy dose of steroids and told to not draw for a week.
Im might sneak a page or two in at the end of the week because i am an obstinate retard, but there definitely wont be substantive update next weekend.
Im upset.

Attached: Tad Danger Chapter 2 page 1.png (664x940, 398K)

>reboot
Glad to hear it. I like this comic, but I did feel like it could use another pass.

Life's handing you some shit. Not fair.
You have a brace? If you are going to sneak drawing in, try to go twice as slow as usual, and wear your brace during (which will slow you down)
I have known people who get over their inflammatory joint problems by way of annual steroid injections, and they end up pain-free, so give it a shot and follow your instructions, see how well this works and for how long it works.

Chapters 1 and 2 (plus the prologue) all wrapped up and Chapter 3 currently in the works. Also, comic's turning one year old this Friday!

Now to answer this user's questions:
In it's current incarnation? Probably around a year if not a little more, but a lot of what I worked on was based on the many years of scrapped work from its previous drafts.
Once a week, unless announced otherwise.
>How big is your backlog?
It fluctuates between 3 to 10 pages depending on how each page take to be finished. Right now my backlog is about 6 pages.
>do you have the whole story scripted out or do you go with the flow?
Yes and no. I wrote a finalized script long ago with the story from start to finish, but as I began drawing the comic itself I ended up making plenty of changes along the way. Right now I have an outline of each chapter and what happens each page, so the whole plot from the very start to the very end is planned out. The rest of the details, however, I feel free to adjust as needed, but I avoid changing too much so the story doesn't become a mess.

(Deleted my previous post cause of typos and no tripcode)

Attached: 1-YEAR_crop.png (700x396, 196K)

Yeah, ive been using a brace. Doctor seemed confident it wasnt carpal tunnel, though he will send me in for a test if doesnt clear up by the end of the steroid treatment.
I'm going to try an not think about comics at least until friday. I'm mostly upset, because it felt like I was finally hitting a stride.

I might participate! Have to think of what I want to voice.... Is there a deadline for this?

Not really, maybe two-three weeks? The next 2-3 threads? Something like that.

I would love to hear you participate.

Sounds good to me! I should have no problem getting something done in that time! And thank you!

that Getter A-10 haha

and the C O M B A T O lady

bumping with the sketch of my next page

Attached: 7.jpg (1020x1364, 391K)

>seek advice on worldbuilding
>HURR WORLDBUILDING SHIT MAKE STORY
>story is a planetary romance series where exploring the setting is the whole point
For fucks sake.

Personalityyy
I've never had to work at making up shit for a setting, it just flows naturally without my control.

Personality?

I never have worldbuilding advice, cause worldbuilding is built entirely by the creator imagination and shown through the story. To give advice on that would be like telling you what to do, not how. In my humble opinion at least.

Well I guess there are books to reccomend that have ACTUAL good advice for it, im just limited.

Develop the culture of your world the architecture foods how they live system of governance how your characters live within this world are they poor? If its a romance is there some kind of social caste along ethnic occupation or income lines? Is there love considered a pariah?

PERSONALITY

PERSONALITY!

Attached: csdc.jpg (700x955, 309K)

To also add how is there love viewed by society as a whole? Are multiple nations? What keeps them apart?

guess it was too soon for a thread

Yes

Trying to put out three more polished pieces of concept art a week during hiatus. Here is the first of several visual updates. Color makes a big difference. Still room on the canvas for call outs.

Attached: Gasparro Cavallo.png (2000x2000, 504K)

I shouldn't have gone the lore route. It's fun, but it'd probably be liked by more people if it were just a deliberately shitty gag a day. Next comic, I suppose.

Attached: 42910a1565667785f716492804.png (640x480, 243K)

Tonight on Saffron and Sage, Liri gets in on this "Superhero" fad! See her old outfit at SaffronComic.com and compare!

Attached: p88smol.png (770x1155, 540K)

>Post it please?
oh i don't have a web comic, but it's not going bad, or going at all for the matter
not yet anyway

oh my god that's the best outfit I've ever seen. It even has a million belts. If her boots went higher, she'd be ready to put on a helmet and strike crazy poses.

It looks like a human pokemon donut steel

they did make a gatchaman-inspired birb type recently didnt they

Attached: C3A27B2F-73E9-43B0-8C53-6DC997DF0AA5.jpg (3024x2868, 1.18M)

Attached: DF7EA3A4-BF99-44DB-883F-7E447B33C8F7.jpg (3024x3544, 1.86M)

Attached: 8EFB5DF9-AF0F-4FD0-808A-B919B2BC7EE9.jpg (3024x4032, 2.06M)

Attached: 386E5C5D-0B2B-4677-82A0-46ED5CB59535.jpg (2906x3618, 1.82M)

Attached: BDBE768C-6F58-491C-BD64-9DC30A3649F0.jpg (3024x4032, 2.11M)

This is looking better than the last time you posted it, I think

your handwriting is so nice! ah....

Played around with screen tones, so here's Wulf again.

For scripts, I'll spend a few weeks working on one or more while I'm busy with a current project. Otherwise, I usually take a week or two to proofread my script and draw rough drafts and character sheets (if necessary) before starting a new book.

I try to upload at least once a week, sometimes twice or more if it's art in general.

>How big is your backlog and do you have the whole story scripted out or do you go with the flow?

I currently have 3 completed books for both FaustFall and Cardinal Junction, and am currently half way through book #4 of CJ.

I usually have a complete script for whatever book I'm currently working on. I'm not fully committed to the script and/or drafts, though, and will make necessary changes when I'm working on the actual comic.

Attached: Character-Wulf-Solemn-screentone.png (679x1080, 724K)

I swear, remove those heavy eyebrow/lids and you've got something positively Seussian here.

The comic rethinks an older one so I had the core designs, still took half a year to iron things out.
I typically have 0-4 pages outlined and a couple of slalom ports down the road.
Linking the current least read page: tapas.io/episode/1047237

>Seussian

Lol, I often have this comparison made with my designs. I like it, though, makes me think I've held onto some of the whimsy of my childhood art.

Hell yeah. Plus he could make some fucking nightmares when he wanted to, so it's not even inappropriate.

he also drew some naked ladies but they were mostly just funnylooking and the story was sad and just an excuse for weak puns.

Script time
docs.google.com/document/d/1fx5nZTPHod1FpxxOhJ1Z1AgCfzdTtMN_R79j4A-HnhQ/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 4D6DE39C-F9EB-45A0-A43A-51038AA9B53D.jpg (540x509, 36K)

I'm, unfortunately, not the most versed in Seuss's work outside of his children's books (grew up reading the stuff like most people.) I am aware of his WWII propaganda art though, and love how the whimsy behind his style gave his political commentary a certain kick to it.

Thanks! I’ve been working on composition and placement more

Whats this one about?

Mad Magic Day

Attached: 005 b.jpg (1200x1673, 1.73M)

Attached: rococo_03_06wip_2019AUG12.jpg (1813x1001, 251K)

I drew a fanart for you Rococo-user

Attached: helga_fanart.jpg (800x1192, 220K)

MUH

gay af
so's your pen name

>whimsy
say whismy one more time faggot

he didn't do anything besides children books

we have to erase Dr.Seuss from history!

Attached: 5-copy-6-e1488492641637.jpg (518x599, 103K)

That looks amazing, I really appreciate you doing this.

Attached: betaman_and_helga_prologue.jpg (709x7962, 1.12M)

Who's the DarkSydePhil of webcomics?

Attached: 9e9.jpg (604x604, 62K)

oh wow another fag called darkside that can't spell it either

Me.

>do you make your comic with the sidequest to also get some money out of it?
ideally that would be nice since i'm a retarded NEET, but it's not like i could make a living out of it and money isn't what i'm focusing on anyway
>what would the best way be to make at least some dough out of your comic without paywalling it?
banner ads + donations probably. i'd like to make merch eventually because i think that could be kinda nice, just smaller stuff like stickers/prints/charms at first though

How thick are your lines? Do you use same size for everything? Do you use same colour?

Attached: apples.gif (400x219, 8K)

I don't know many webcomic creators but if you can think of one who constantly churns out bottom-of-the-barrel content and often shits on his somehow still existing fanbase while simultaneously asking them to give him more money so that he can pay for his bills (which actually turns out to be him wanting a cat or wanting to get married or whatever), then there's your guy.

You didn't name anyone

I know, I don't know many webcomic creators. But those are the key DSP characteristics outside of his inability to actually play video games, but that's not really relevant in comics.

N O L I N E S

What's the best workflow for the drawing stage? Draw each panel individually and composite later? Draw all your panels on the same canvas?
Pic related was done through the former (each panel is a different layer group on top of the same background layer), but my next comic is going to have multiple backgrounds and more panels so I don't think this method is going to be as efficient.

Attached: Communist robot.png (1080x1080, 45K)

made me chuckle/10

should probably be 'full* to the brim'
I can hear everyone's voice so clearly

got me wondering, what comic has the most unconventional artstyle?

You were that dude from honk kong? hows the situation?

>Honk Kong

Attached: honkey kong.jpg (350x323, 33K)

oh shit that bad huh

Honkey Kong

Attached: 2056641388_5a0bf0de2d_z.jpg (640x427, 100K)

DON'T LET YOUR PIZZA DREAMS BE DREAMS pmq.com/pizza-in-comics-the-life-of-times-of-admiral-pizza/

Attached: 1ADMIRALCOVER.png (1290x1950, 1.14M)

Line thickness is something im trying to work with. I varied it enormously on my comic, most often with bad results.

Did you make a fake website to hype your comic?
y tho?

Because he has big dick energy.

I am not from hong kong, what gives you that idea?

Attached: 2019JUL27_panda_happy_thoughts.jpg (848x1200, 147K)

New Monday, new Mintgreen
Buckle Up..
mintgreen-adventures.com/

Attached: 02_08.jpg (1280x1623, 621K)

one of those days...

*TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK*

The eyes of pure apathy gave me a chuckle

Attached: 2019AUG01_no_prize.jpg (615x1200, 123K)

Man, i spent a week drawing my first page. Granted, it was busy week, and i had 2-3 hours per day. But i really hope things will pick up speed.

Justice for Rococo!

Eerily Lovely update #23!

tapas.io/episode/1489469

webtoons.com/en/challenge/eerily-lovely/wild-strawberry-part-4/viewer?title_no=255060&episode_no=23

eerilylovely.smackjeeves.com/comics/2840899/wild-strawberry-part-4/

With extra delay and extra spiders
Enjoy, hermanos.

>>How much time did you put into preproduction before drawing your first page?

6 months

>>How often do you upload?

Weekly, or that's the goal

>>How big is your backlog and do you have the whole story scripted out or do you go with the flow?

Backlog? lol. Updates are fresh as they can be. Chapters are either fully scripted, partially or just an outline and then I let it flow.

Attached: cutestsacrifice.jpg (709x749, 138K)

>*Shonen music*
MADA MADAAA you need to make 20 pages per week!

Attached: 1246761.jpg (640x480, 50K)

The prize is being CHAMPION BEST GIRL of /hyw/.

Well this looks like a dumpster fire. Congrats user, I didn't think anyone could be more incompetent than the catfight tournament guy but you've proved me wrong.

ass
I'm gonna record stuff, I just have to think of what

also it's obviously the same guy

Well then catfight user can add this to his list of failures.

oh and people should post pages they would love to see voiced because they have some unusually good diamalogue or maybe narration

Ill post my audio this week. Its gonna suck so dont judge.

We got great cheesecake and Rococo became the official bae of HYW. He's not a failure.

Where are you from Rococo user?

Still way too slow for my liking...but hey better done than nothing...

The Stranding fields on webtoon:
webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-stranding-fields/list?title_no=303921

Instagram:
instagram.com/van_derteal/

good luck to everyone!

Attached: 24.png (1080x1350, 549K)

Nice long episode!
>when your supplies are all color-coordinated
yes, this plan cannot fail
I can understand skepticism about ghosts, but a choker disappearing, that's just how chokers do.

This looks interesting. What's it about?

Artists of Yea Forums I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

I need a tablet/laptop that I can travel around with. I'll be mainly using Photoshop to do storyboarding and animation.

I've already got a Wacom tablet set up at home, but I'm not willing to take that massive thing to uni with me.

I've been thinking about a Surface Pro 6? I don't have huge amounts of dosh to spend though, so I'd be getting the one with less RAM.

Anyone have experience with portable tablet/computers?

Attached: 1501490430181.jpg (532x502, 62K)

>I'm not willing to take that massive thing to uni with me.
I think you're fucked, mate. if you can't slide something like that into your laptop bag, I don't know what to tell you, devices don't come much smaller, and I don't get why you'd be blowing a bunch of money on something that does what you already have, but worse. Carry a laptop and your wacom around. In a bag.
I mean yeah a laptop screen is too small to look at what you're drawing on, but so is almost any tablet-device, only again, worse.

I feel you, but it's a Cintiq and I don't live anywhere close to uni.

>blowing a bunch of money on something that does what you already have, but worse.

I don't have a laptop, so I guess I was trying to see if I could get away with not buying a Laptop and a drawing tablet that is small enough to be portable.

If a Laptop + small tablet is better and about just as much money, I'll probably do that.

It's a bummer I'm tech-tarded, sorry for being that person.

Thanks for your advice :>

>don't have a laptop
oh well that's a bit different then. It might actually be okay if you don't mind the modern mobile device interface. I sure hate it.
I've heard some of them are just fine to draw on, I know they used to be terrible for that but not anymore. Couldn't give you more information on that though. I'm way out of touch with modern crap, I just know I hate it.

>be me
>writing a script
>main charcaters are an electrician, a sentient gay motorcycle, and an androgynous conceptual exotic dancer
>they go on whacky adventures
>first issue is a trip to the cosmic camera that projects time across the universe and all reality
>next issue will be them fighting a cult of geometric shapes who want everyone to be the same and normal

>tfw cant draw

c´mon the pizza man can, and you too

Start learning. I need to see where this premise goes.
I am morbidly curious.

I kinda want to use cutouts/collage for the art unless someone wants to draw it

Attached: Black-Background-Collage-Art.jpg (800x805, 436K)

Innecessary Azu bump.

Attached: AZU.png (306x382, 46K)

Now I think its U not I.

Is she easily recognizable as a Pirate?

You're right. Its U. The "I" is just unnecessary.

oops

Attached: Bonnie Cavendish test 2.jpg (1000x771, 74K)

Dont be so hard on yourself, im sure you are needed.

i think is ok! maybe she need boobs

ipad pro + apple pencil + procreate is very common in animation/illustration. Very portable, easy to use. $$$ for the ipad, but maybe you can find something used. Pencil is $100, procreate is cheapish

Isn't clear she's female without drawing large boobs?

She cute. I think the torso just needs to be a little bit curvier. Maybe a smother transition to the hips.
I love the idea with the legs. That makes her very unique.

I like that old Olive Oyl look

is that a motherfuckin Cap'n Crunch hat?
if she crunchitizes her cabin boy, I'm going to want to read that comic.

>Olive Oyl
>he immediately figured out the design I took it from

dunno, the tomboy aspect its important i gess

Dont diss the bicorne. Best pirate hat. Tricornes are overcompensating.

Why do you feel the need to say something so needlessly meanspirited? It is unambiguously meanspirited, uselessly venomous. Your aggravation doesn't need to be anyone's issue but your own, yet you are lashing out like this. I don't get it. All you have to do is resist the urge to let everyone know your opinion in such harsh terms. Seems simple to me, yet you say these things. I hope things are going ok in your life, I seriously do.

>bonnie cavendish

She better be an alpha bitch.

>why why why
to get attention. and it's working apparently.

When we have another catfight tournament, will you enter Helga?

I'll enter in the fashion contest or the wacky races if they happen. I mean, I'm going to draw the magic carpet anyway.

Attached: Twin Genie Expressions more.jpg (1000x771, 76K)

She's 100% a greedy alpha bitch. Isn't that clear from the design and name?

I hear cavendish, I think bananas or best character from milo murphy's law 's partner

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Bonny
>Bonnie
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Cavendish
>Cavendish
I haven't watched milo murphy's law.

ill wait for the next one as well. unfortunately i dont have a mic on my computer and i doubt a shitty cellphone recording would suffice.

ah nice, I did pick up the first ref.

IT IS A GOOD SHOW
dont phones have good mics now?

eh ill play with it and see if i get something passable.
id like to do something from concord initiative since the dialogue is so flowery. i think that would be fun.

yeah man do it
hey we talked about what kinda voice you thought Tad Danger had, but I forget what you said

youtube.com/watch?v=2wEuTi2jsFg&feature=youtu.be

freakanimes.com/westtree/?comic=ch0-p1

The entire beginning of West Tree Academy of heroes has been redone for the 6th year anniversary!

I added a whole new prolouge that i've never shown here before, only on discord! so be sure to give that a look!

Also the stuff i made for Blue Trinity is finally publicly availible too, so be sure to give that a look too!

Attached: thumb.png (1906x1059, 111K)

i switch between master shake and johnny utah in my head. depend on how annoying he is in any given moment.

it's weird, I can see it, but it's also not remotely what usually occurs to me.

>posted in June 1997
that'd be a trick

word press just puts the oldest dates first so i just used my birthday as a funny ha ha joke.

So that's how it happened.

im genuinely curious how he came off to you. never really had feedback on his characterization.

like I imagined new york, new jersey, boston, or somewhere in new england.. a medium level of accent.. and a lot more gruff and lower-pitched than those two examples
though he is a pretty small guy so that has a way of limiting your pitch

I wonder how my characters would sound like

post them! Or maybe just a panel that might be fun to voice

i could see that. his design was originally based on Danny Devito and Carl from ATHF after all.
he just seems sillier to me i guess. i think its the mask. maskless tad feels gruff and angry, masked tad feels hot blooded and clownish.
does kinda fit the washed up hero angle though.

hope it's not spammy but dumping a preview of the next Continental Breakfast story: RINGS

Attached: prev1.jpg (2518x894, 1.11M)

Attached: prev2.jpg (2518x890, 1.19M)

Attached: prev3.jpg (2518x888, 1.13M)

Here are the twins

Attached: prev4.jpg (2518x900, 1.16M)

I imagine they inexplicably have totally different mannerisms despite being twins. one's valleygirl as hell, and the other's like straight-up kansas girl next door

small update today, only the one page. planning to do

esotericethics.com/

Attached: omw to fuck your bitch.gif (250x263, 3.27M)

Your comic sure as hell would read better as a book with these beautiful double-wide spreads

You mean it's literally just Betty and Veronica?

'a reason to play for' doesn't exactly make sense, it's either a reason to play, or something to play for.
customers*
didn't tell you what I do?*
>small price
we'd normally say small fee or low price.
listen to* what I said / hear* what I said either one works

This is looking amazing. wasn't expecting this kind of anthology thing to happen with different stories but it's great

This is a picture of my writing table! I am working on a story to let the juices flow! Its called "ghost girl no one likes " whats your work station look like?

Attached: IMG_20190813_224139.jpg (2560x1440, 1.29M)

is that what those are like? I never read archie.

oooo thanks a lot for the proof read! I keep messing up the grammar :(
That is kinda the plan!

Boy there is a lot to unpack here.
Principally, I've never seen that kinda multi-tool, and those can't be the right colors for Zero..

Thought so! Good luck selling prints, this is goood stuff. You have definietly joined like the top 3 actually-publishing-ready comics in here.

>Betty and Veronica
>Two girls in a Love Triangle: one a sweet Girl Next Door and the other sensually exotic, or hot-tempered on the outside, but sweet on the inside

Attached: CFDD9A2A-2B56-4A71-8E1D-2C9C55B6DB55.jpg (1337x1800, 2.64M)

that much I'm aware of, but I didn't know they had like, mannerisms that indicated different class/backgrounds. so they're like ginger and mary ann then

could be a cool style, might be pretty energy intensive but you would certainly have a niche if you pulled it off well

I might, but its a little weird doing that with a character I haven't introduced yet though. I realize how much of story stuff is just in my head...

Attached: 2019MAR29_betaman_and_harem.jpg (1200x848, 253K)

No! Not the drills girl!

page 65 update...
seluda.cfw.me/comics/182
tapas.io/episode/1487075

Attached: 65pre.png (633x710, 125K)

Now neither of them will be virgins.

>ginger and mary ann
neat

bump

Why, what's wrong with her?

Attached: doodle2018APR25_satchel_betaman_sfw_lewd_line.jpg (848x1200, 170K)

I cant waifu her if her heart is taken.

luckyhazard.thecomicseries.com/

Lucky Hazard updates today! What a cute dog! I hope he isn't 12 feet tall and hungry!

Attached: tkSewx1.png (266x210, 29K)

woop

Attached: 81.png (940x1214, 66K)

Attached: 82.png (940x1214, 93K)

Attached: 83.png (940x1214, 112K)

Attached: 84.png (940x1214, 85K)

tapas.io/episode/1490708

Attached: 85.png (940x1216, 80K)

w-well, you sure do like expository writing!

Attached: 1351461564r.png (500x270, 196K)

WHO is the narrator?
If you're going to narrate a lot, try to make it a character, pay better at the end

Attached: test1.jpg (500x640, 181K)

>"are there elephants in your comic? Why not? where would an elephant go?"
you know it.

Attached: 23.jpg (800x1141, 435K)

cringing double hard for you

I like it. Obviously there is enormous room for improvement, but im enjoying it so far.

mmm so then you wouldn't mind expounding for us all of the virtues you found in it

ty user... i've been waiting for that reference.

Attached: myownclone.png (1000x693, 329K)

Sure. The main one is that I find it fun, I dont think that requires any explanation. The setting is interesting too, I love settings on which the characters are prisoners in one way or another. There is a whole culture regarding leaving or staying in place that makes the world more appealing, especially regarding the mystery of whats exactly outside and the ammount of conspiracy between the higher-ups. While they all wear the same uniform, I like the character designs, most of them are sufficiently distinct. If I must add, I like that the author went with a particular way of naming them, its original -or is it from some asian culture? I do not know- but the naming IS something that somewhat confuses me. Anyways.

Mystery, interesting setting, fun reading it. Thats all I can say. Before anyone jumps, I do agree it has a lot to improve on, but I like it so far and I expect it will get better and better as it goes on.

tfw so insecure you cant even bang yourself with confidence

>i like it because i like it
>it's fun because it's fun
lmal exactly you don't even have an opinion

Cant help you there user, you might be too dumb to get it.

jeez I wouldn't have any waifu if it worked that way
awww
hey get back in the discord, we all miss you

Y'all need to stop with weeb tropes. Those are the tools of the devil.

>you're right i don't have any reasons
>because you're a big dummy head
yeah that's not why

>"hey get back in the discord, we all miss you"

>people ask me for advice on drawing lewds like me
>give them advice
>they complain that I essentially tell them to learn anatomy/draw more
>"lol just be good at it" "just get good" "great advice mom"
>most advice I get is just telling me to change the drawing to fit someone elses ideas.
>the discord is still as clique-y as the other two

yeah no.

Attached: iconversion.png (800x800, 15K)

THE FINALE STARTS HERE
>Ibrahim Coyle is just your regular con-man and a self-proclaimed PI, secret agent or whatever the client needs, as long as there's some cash on him.

webtoons.com/en/challenge/ibrahim-coyle/list?title_no=270091
tapas.io/series/Ibrahim-Coyle

Attached: IC4-04.jpg (800x1131, 694K)

I'll have to clean these up some how--seems too bare at the moment.

Attached: Jovan Astreides.png (1000x1000, 198K)

ew is that one of your drawings?? lol
>people ask me for advice on drawing
yeah sure they do pal

shut up faggot.

Attached: 29.png (940x1340, 447K)

>they complain that I essentially tell them to learn anatomy/draw more
>"lol just be good at it" "just get good" "great advice mom"
I'm sitting here doing spinal reconstruction for my character in lineart, because sketch wasn't accurate enough. And people are trying to find a lazy, quick way out. When obviously it's all about learning anatomy and fucking practice.

Attached: 15135956670620.png (1280x960, 1.59M)

>this was supposed to somehow prove that you're not garbage
user this is embarrassing

I pay my rent entirely on drawings user. if they were so "bad" how the fuck could I do that

these shitposts mean nothing if you don't back it up by proving why its so bad or showing your work is better. if you can't do that. fuck off retard.

this dude actually got mad when I told him I just got better by practicing, as if I was just supposed to teach him how to draw.

Man airlocks aren’t that expensive

>I pay my rent entirely on drawings user.
p-pls teach me your secrets sempai

>weeb tropes
name one

I don't recall any of that, but sorry it went like that for you.

Just surrender your self respect and draw lewds lol

Holy shit congraturation. I'm so proud of you
anyway don't engage the shitpiles.

based & venezuelapilled

>congraturation
also samefag

Did you even read that comic? Design in general, anime inspired fights, super secret jutsu techniques.

>Design in general
I've never seen a more "I am drawing western style" comic in my life.

This looks very nice.

Opinions? Does it look good?

Attached: 5A143DBF-FA25-4306-9BDD-5B84079D5752.jpg (4000x3000, 2.32M)

its cause i draw lewds and im not afraid to shill. I took marketing classes and have gotten good at gathering data and making decisions based on that. I dont just draw exactly what I want all the time.

I was in a crappy mood. now im eating corn on the cob. thanks user

i cant be samefagging user i was out shopping with my family. mobile posting cause im out at their house now

Good? it's GRrrrrrRREAT!

You’re beautiful.

>Comment on someone's comic
>Go back to the site later
>Comment is deleted
I-it's a Wordpress error, right?

Attached: file.png (1286x783, 710K)

I wanted to get out these threads in an efficient way. As it stands right now these little things aren't 100% important but I intend to be important later. Maybe I'm thinking far too ahead, but I figure it would be important enough to mention this stuff so it doesn't seem out of nowhere when it's mention. I admit, looking back at things I cringe, but who hasn't.
>If you're going to narrate a lot, try to make it a character, pay better at the end
pay better what? I'm sorry
I suppose thats something to keep in mind. I'll plan for that later or just use less narration later.
This means a lot man, I'm glad I made something you could enjoy and write so much about. I'm glad
All the last names end with An because I wanted to emphasize the uniformity of the culture
I try to keep that in mind, honest why even use so much when people can just read actual manga instead
>109345005
>Design in general, anime inspired fights, super secret jutsu techniques.
I can see where you're getting at.
but super secret jutsu techniques? Did it really translate into that for you. I don't know man

I do appreciate all criticism though. I hope to improve

Yea Forums won't let me post.

Issue one in progress

Not official cover btw

I remember you. Love it.

why won't co let you post

eyy swords comic guy
I don't have a reddit or twitter account, can I still enter your fanart contest?

You can read my anime as fuck webcomic about cooking, here.

tapas.io/series/Girls-Are-Cooking

Remember to not be such a salty bitch.

Attached: salt.png (524x718, 156K)

and here they are side by side, what do you guys think?

Attached: sidebyside.jpg (1906x1334, 1.03M)

>anime
Into the trash, where you belong.

>most advice I get is just telling me to change the drawing to fit someone elses ideas.
nice delusion, but do try to get gud eventually

As a vegan, that almost made me throw up

lineart for my latest page

Attached: rfeef.png (1020x1364, 286K)

Could not have been better timing.

Attached: happy iron man.gif (350x465, 923K)

Canon is that woman was a vegetarian so for oni its like eating vegan.

he's not a fan of himself. it's hard to want to befriend a figure who makes it difficult to control your perception of reality.

i loved that panel.

: O
intriguing...

huh? you don't write the text before drawing the bubbles? haha. the drawings are coming along neatly!

>As a vegan
I'm glad you read it, I'm glad you hated it, and I'm glad I'll never have to cook you steak.

>huh? you don't write the text before drawing the bubbles?

I do I do! But I have to add the text properly on photoshop so the lineart doesnt have it.

Attached: 8.jpg (1020x1364, 501K)

Hatch, Hatch. We can't just give up on these people. Nothing feels so satisfying as converting someone with an unnatural lifestyle back to the right way. It's our duty, as long as they have 25 feet of intestine in a 4:1 ratio of small to long.
Remember that King of the Hill when the power of steak broke up a cult?

So do we have any voice records yet?

ill upload mine tomorrow most likely

I'm still not sure what I want mine to be. I kinda wanted to record lines from goodlove, my comics full of girls so I don't have many scenes I could work with.

ditto. I'm trying to think of some good manly lines I could record.

Because I dont actually speak english and I dont know how to pronounce english words I wanted to try a character that strikes me as ESL too. Laugh freely this is the most embarrassing thing I ever made after my own comic.

vocaroo.com/i/s1mMwlz48Hqs

Attached: VVsepj5C.jpg large.jpg (940x1216, 185K)

we need more hard-bitin' hot-blooded manly comics in here actually

>I kinda wanted to record lines from goodlove, my comics full of girls
Have a woman do Rudolph. No one would second-guess it.

Okay three things
1. this was fucking badass and you are awesome
2. I'm pretty sure a double L is pronounced as Y in Espanol?
3. it's pronounced 'yoonuk' it means a dude with his nuts chopped off. but you made me laugh super hard with 'eenutch' and even better you added the correct 'an' article in front of it
First prize motherfucker.

From the context, user is a guy and was intending to voice Rudolph since he's the only guy in the comic in question (if only barely)

I tried pronouncing "eunuch" so many times it ended up looking like the "hamburguer" scene in Pink Panther. It was just beyond me so I rolled with what I had.

>"Salt Bern"

I use a mix of both, but typically my lines are thinner
and when I sketch it's usually in turquoise

Attached: unknown-33.png (1271x778, 207K)

That was wonderful too.
I like you, user.

Finished this page!

Attached: PAGE 7.png (2250x3300, 3.01M)

oh god, she's developed masochism too
well that suits her at least.

I laughed, but its awesome.

Attached: FF0DC604-B9F7-4A5C-9CE5-05EE3C919030.jpg (720x1278, 166K)

/HYW/ RISE!

That's tremendous, man, God DAMN.

Are there any clear signs that someone is an ESL? I don't want it to affect my comic either.

momentai, amigo. we'll always be here to proofread for you. English is hard.

hey man thanks a lot, I'm still a bit skeptical about longer episodes, with the adshare revenue and webtoon algorithm I feel like I'm leaving a lot of money on the table, but 1/3 of the comments on the recent upload were complaints about length, here hoping to get faster with every chapter lol :)

hey thanks! It's a supernatural mystery, there are only three chapters up so far, so very quick read if you're interested.
cheers!

Attached: 18.png (1080x1350, 984K)

I think there might be a happy medium between your "literally nothing happened despite it being like 6 pages in this upload" usual updates, and the full-chapter ones. It's worth playing around with a bit more.

Im really glad you liked it!

Thanks man. It is what it is.

Forgot to reply. "LL" can sound indeed somewhat similar to Y in spanish, however, the surname Cavallo actually exists and its pronounced like that. Dont ask. Spanish is a fuckfest and things sometimes just are. Most likely its because we inherited the surname from another country, italian Id guess.

oh okay, I have heard there are exceptions to that rule.

>Cavallo la puta madre que te pario!

Are little excerpts accompanying art tidbits interesting, or do they distract and clog?

Attached: Gasparro Cavallo.png (1000x1000, 1.41M)

Attached: Jovan Astreides.png (1000x1000, 1.39M)

I love em

>mfw want to read these but not sure what accents they should have, or who's saying it since some of them are quotes, they just fucking sound good

yo los leo en marcado acento andaluz

Where da voices be at?
Which characters are getting voiced?

well I don't know how to do one of those! Could probably fake it though

aw man, Audioboo/m charges to upload now.
guess I'm stuck with vocaroo. Let's hear how it mangles my quality
vocaroo.com/i/basedtijVFoRHm

this shit is just fun to read. really well written. I would have liked to take more time, a few more passes, actually remind myself who most of these people are...

vocaroo.com/i/s1tTAJM8DEv7

you hate what? don't leave us in suspense

fuck, the filter fucked it up because it contained edamame
vocaroo.com/i/s0v6oqroIZcZ let's try this again.

hello hyw! late-nite update!
are you drawing in DOOMER MODE?

Attached: 010 ink ok small.png (1125x1593, 785K)

That was amazing!!

>forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=8FiF4DAiFYc

Got me laughing. I did notice two things though
in panel 4, the ruler appears to be flipped horizontally, resulting in backwards numbers.. or is it a transparent plastic ruler?
even if he doesn't know what he's talking about, he should say 'an erection angle' because of the vowel rule, and it seems odd for "what was the pelvic bone?" to be in past tense. does he not know what it is? He should probably say 'is' there

Hope to have something done soon!

>or is it a transparent plastic ruler?
Yes, it's to show that he grabbed the other panel's rule (and not something else)
I got typos again! I hope the text enters in the correction haha

actually now i'm looking at it and... the other ruler is... in descending order going left to right.
this one, when it's flipped, is still going in descending order left to right, so it can't be the same ruler
this is too nitpicky, isn't it. it's a goddamn dick-measuring joke

i think you are right, I'm not gonna change it anyway haha

I want to Gasparro to fuck me

So where can I host my comic that will not cost me a cent?
Is tumblr still good or should I go to twitter?
If I'm doing it for fun and not for an audience is it okay to post it in my already existing social media pages?

Attached: 1479085831914.jpg (562x702, 50K)

there's lots of free hosts
tumblr a shit. do not go to twitter. twitter also a shit. social media is not for comics. Get a normal host like smackjeeves or comicfury, or at LEAST a terrible mobile one like tapas or webtoons. But those suck.

tumblr is basically abandoned
twitter isn't good for archiving art at all (neither was tumblr if we're being honest) but its even worse with the layout change
deviant isn't terrible for archiving art but is even deader than tumblr if you're not a pedophile
tapas and webtoons exist but no one really goes there to find something new and the korean yaois and big famous funny guys basically run the site

other than that you're pretty much as good as starting your own website

basically whatever you do, you'll have to hustle

Attached: 1.png (566x554, 445K)

but DA is the most stringently pedophobic of all the art sites. they don't even allow aged-up.

why do you know that

these things are important to all artists

There's a post with all the options for submitting on Instagram. Have fun!
instagram.com/swordscomic/

Attached: DemonSword1T.png (512x512, 75K)

Oh well, so what's better, smackjeeves or comicfury?
How about releasing a certain amount of pages as a download instead of hosting the individual images?

No the fuck they are not.

Attached: chris-hansen.jpg (1300x650, 42K)

Nobody enjoys downloading images, they want to read them on a website

Ah thanks. Instagram is confusing, seems you can't directly link to a post, but I found it. Got the email address.
Can we submit multiple entries?

they sound very important to you

Yes, but the 3 winners will be 3 different people, even if one person totally crushes it with 3 entries.

Attached: DemonSword2T.png (512x512, 56K)

Totes fair.

My hiatus will end with my death, I have already ascended to a higher level of existence.

Attached: 03_1.jpg (1323x2074, 1.36M)

Attached: 04-1.jpg (1323x2074, 1.41M)

But he is clearly a huge virgin.

tapas.io/series/witchwayswitch
witchwayswitch.com/

Attached: 07-page.png (940x1424, 647K)

bump?

"No!"

Hey, this event is pretty great as far as I'm concerned! Holy crackers.

By the way, you sound EXACTLY like a friend of mine, who also happens to have voice acting proclivities. God bless, dude, damn.

I was hoping that was the case.

They're all Italian except for Astreides and his nanny Aspasia, who are Greek. I'm thrilled you enjoy them, there's so much more to come!

Tragically, he is not a virgin. But he has taken a vow of chastity among other things.

You would probably frighten him

*throws "virgin gasparro vs chad dazirak" meme into the trashcan*

I need images of Gasparro being embarrassed over dumb little things like hand holding now

fag

I can't find a goodlove scene that doesn't have tons of goodlove lines with rudy. I might try doing the devil instead. sorry not trying to flex the tranny voice

Attached: 20.png (2863x4082, 412K)

oh come on user, give us just a little *teehee*

Go for it.

Whoa, you are really good at this. Really.

Combine them into one name that's just first names for given, middle, and surname like DC names.

Edgar Orrin Wallace for example

DC doesn't do that

ahh I love him. He's actually going with them? I feel like something was lost here in between him asking what they're looking for and making it clear he wants to go with to find it

Off the top of my head, wayne, kent, allen,

Since when is Kent a first name?

since like the last 150 years at least

Since... always?

Attached: and i for one welcome our new incel overlords.jpg (640x480, 28K)

Kenny Brockelstein?

Bamp

*Ahem*
Fuck drawing hands, and fuck everything associated with them.

Attached: 1388310408374.jpg (919x720, 59K)

what? GOOD comics?
in MY /hyw/?

Attached: 1486622606008.gif (500x281, 527K)

it doesnt have to be so bad
try just drawing tubes coming off of a big starburst, at first.

i fucked my drawing hand. in more ways than one.

I mean, i already finished. It took me an hour to draw a hand i'm satisfied with.
I'm drawing for 3 month now, couple of hours after work before i go to sleep. I decided to make a page as proof of concept and a test of what i learned. All that is left is to finish one panel and page is complete. And bunch of setbacks and reworks are driving me nuts.

Attached: 1562618295159.jpg (640x647, 64K)

Thank you, here is page 5. He just got done with it.

Attached: 05-1.jpg (1323x2074, 1.24M)

which comic is yours

None, i'm only starting.

it'll feel good later.

jiminy jesus, even for you this is good

post art

hello my dudes, what size do the pages have publish in tapas.io? and in the others popular pages?

940 pixels wide. the height will do itself if you keep it proportional. that is like the max size.

thanks!
later today im gonna up my comic! im a little nervous

Attached: pr.png (1280x1739, 98K)

post links when its ready

>He just got done with it.
are you not the artist then?

he isn't

Nope. I just write it.

Punt.

I've already uploaded it!
tapas.io/series/Virgin_and_Limpdick
(Now is when I'm going to find all the little mistakes)

Attached: 0000 small.jpg (1125x1590, 212K)

Is this gag clear or anything to fix? I wanted Janey to grumble incoherently, but I didn't know how to do that without writing "grumble grumble".

Attached: Twin Genie P11 Adv Roughs.jpg (957x456, 106K)

you had me at 'banned in china'
a mass of symbols is usually interpreted as swearing
having the balloon cut off by the panel only makes it confusing
plus she's smiling and doing a sassy pose, so nobody would think she was grumbling.. unless you put a single slightly angry eyebrow or eyelid twitch or anime bulging veins to show the smile is just a facade
I prefer phonetic grumbling if someone's supposed to be mincing oaths under their breath all grr rumm grep flush a push leopold

Yeah, I changed it to swearing because I didn't know how to make her grumble. I'll fix the balloon. Would the swearing and smile still work in this case or should I change it to grumbling?

I don't really get the context

New page done.
You guys are cool right? you wont tell my doctor i've been drawing right?

My wrist is actually doing better. The steroid is working.

Attached: Tad Danger Chapter 2 Page 6.png (664x940, 498K)

man you gotta go easy on it
easier than that! sure it feels better now but.. just be careful.

Any better?

Attached: Twin Genie Roughs 2.jpg (915x408, 105K)

I'm telling

I stretched this one out over the course of the week.
Usually ill sit down and work on a page for 4-5 hours at a time. (it doesnt show because i am shit, but whatever)
This one i stopped myself after an hour a day.

I wont have an update this week, but it does keep me from getting antsy.

now it makes sense. she's deliberately goading her with inflammatory language.

Alright good man. It's just we've lost Sybil Miscellany Merchant to carpal tunnel, plus that one androgynous but enjoyable comic about the spiky haired guy and the grey incubus with blue hair.. that dude got it too. I don't wanna lose any more.

I thought you were cool dawg! Now im gonna get a stern talking to!

We're just tryin' to have a goood tiiime, narc!

I care

I notice a lot of you ask for writing advice! TODAY I TEACH! The lesson! Writing comics! THE TOOLS-THE ADVICE-TIPS-AND THE HEROES JOURNEY. In conclusion-Ditch the script and just draw, fill in the blanks later!

Attached: HOW2WRITECOMICS.png (1290x1950, 1.78M)

Admiral Pizza got an article in PMQ, the biggest pizza magazine in the nation! pmq.com/pizza-in-comics-the-life-and-times-of-admiral-pizza/ Also Sargent slaughter from the 1980's GI JOE follows me on twitter, Do you think i can convince him do a guest appearance in the comic?

Attached: TEENAGEMUTANTNINJATURTLESWITHTHEADMIRAL.png (1000x562, 1002K)

You should plan the position of the text BEFORE you start drawing.
you can download fonts for "bad words" like "Potty Mouth BB"

Attached: 1565921945836.jpg (915x408, 190K)

>Gus's friend sound like the resident pedophile
Is there something you should be telling us Gus?

Yeah, my bad.. Thanks for the redline though. I usually plan it out, but I couldn't think of anything magical, so I just drew five panels and filled it in.

>download fonts for "bad words"
You don't think the classic symbols (@#$%&*!) are any good? I would think they fit a cartoony style and be more easily recognizable.

So what's 'the story here? Why is bird lady fighting a Dire Wraith?

Posting my work in progress for the latest pages because its late and I have nothing going on in my life.

Attached: 4444.png (1020x1364, 326K)

You and Otto should team up and start the league of shitty superhero writers that have to pay people to draw their garbage.

I still cant quite grasp that anatomy thing.

For next pages Ill probably wont post much, surprises are better sometimes.

Attached: 55555.png (1020x1364, 339K)

Is this Rau? She looks more buff.

No, her sister Azu. Azu has abs and is toned since she ate a buff oni guy.

she is supposed to look slightly masculine

The time has come. You had excuses when you weren't so good. But you're good enough now. I'm sorry, but someone has to say it.

It's time to learn how to draw hands, compadre.

you can use whatever you want honey! I'm just a simple goy
You're getting better at drawing!

I personally like it when the glyphs represent the words in question, like
(dog with bow on head) (donkey) (male symbol penetrating the hole in female symbol)

Thank you!!
I still don't understand what style is

No... NO...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You are right, I guess I cant just keep bullshitting my way around them. Ill go for it on my next art studies. And next page will be ultra convenient for it since Azu will be making a Mr Burns gesture of sorts with her fingers.

The hands aren't that bad Gus

the style of the font?

Attached: preview_pottymouth_720x.gif (650x812, 56K)

Pick your poison.

Attached: azurau.png (596x288, 193K)

excellent.
Yeah but seriously. A starburst with tubes coming out of it. That's a start. we can help if you want to do some hand studies and share them

style in general. I don't understand what my style is.

>Grrl you shaved yo horn down to a forehead butthole but the pussy game ridiculous

you'll get there. Do you draw a lot of fanart? I find that helps put things into perspective. Even more in terms of what ISN'T in your style

I'm confident they are that bad, now. The rest of the bodies look great, but the hands are conspicuously lagging behind, now. It's a good--a great thing, actually. You can't tell me you look at Azu here

and don't find those hands distractingly mangled.

My other request would be to work on line stability, but that's not as immediately pressing.

You have to draw and copy cartoonists you likeand admire, then the style comes alone
Make a list of your influences, read their comics, and write down a list of what you like about each one, and steal it!

The one that wont eat me.

I tend to nitpick different things from others, those hands show the kind of "getting there" that satiates me.
the way the fingers line up, and are in proportion with the main body of the hands, that's something other people screw up so much. Stuff like the finger widths being all off and the unnatural positioning, that I guess I'm used to. Definitely needs work, but Ardlebardle's getting there.

Ardie is on the fast track to making it. I have no doubt about that.

Too bad you aren't.

>Do you draw a lot of fanart?
Not really, I usually try to do studies of their work instead.

>You have to draw and copy cartoonists you likeand admire, then the style comes alone
>Make a list of your influences
Their art and stories are way better and I find that I can't copy them well enough yet to use in my own drawings. Frank Frazetta and the like are way to advanced to copy for me. I've also been avoiding animation because I have no clue how to break down that huge life goal besides "draw better".

So will you enter Azu in the next catfight tournament or give Rau another go?

>I have no clue how to break down that huge life goal besides "draw better"
you can try >>/ic/artbooks maybe?

Anyone who needs help drawing comics-Here
is a thingy i made so you can draw good like me!!

Attached: how2comics_by_washyourhandsman-d657wng.png (1290x1950, 1.58M)

Bump

I don't know why, but your comic reminds me sheep in the big city. Same silly energy.
youtube.com/watch?v=ufeNQCgF-ms&ab_channel=SheepGuy

agreed, though I feel like Mo Willems wouldn't be quite so cynical

Yikes.

I almost forgot.

Does anyone need their script read?

Don't worry about the mad crab who is NGMI.

Speaking of webtoons. Besides having lots of korean trash, they are latelly doing that people need to use the App, and then scan a qr code to get a bunch pf later chapters not avaliable. The assholes. I dont want shitty app on the mobile, and I dont know if its even free at all. And how is that no one that does use it just get the chapters and post them in whatever manga site? Are the chapters encrypted or something?

well now I may need to change my tune about which is worse between tapas and webtoons
they're both shit though

both shit but tapas is slightly less shit

until now though webtoons' better layout and navigation system, and less glitchiness, made me prefer it.

What about comicfury?

Whatever. You and Otto are both trash writers who will never get a job working for Marvel. NO TALENT.

Its really sad

I lost ALL the art I had of my comic with my old laptop, Im sad.

Both can eat you, but Rau will try not to. Just dont tempt her too much.

Dont think Ill participate, Im really bad at lewding my characters. If I do, Ill probably use Tamamo.

Your faith moves me. Ill keep trying my best as much as I can.

There is some s e e t h i n g bitch around the threads, thats Yea Forums for you. Nothing to care about.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-16 A Story Of Fire 1 Unforgivable Sin Tapas(2).png (282x309, 186K)

Tamamo?

>using marv*l as some sort of industry standard, or a place you want to work at
Here is a hard YIKES to you

Attached: 26f.png (1000x1512, 1.68M)

Palace fox witch serving under the royal family.

Read muh comic it has, huh, plot.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-16 A Story Of Fire 1 Unforgivable Sin Tapas(3).png (366x298, 154K)

she is supposed to be a beauty but I can never nail it. One of my biggest personal issues with my comic.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-16 A Story Of Fire 1 Unforgivable Sin Tapas(4).png (763x555, 423K)

Shut the FUCK up Otto.

Damn that sucks. Did you have any of it backed up?

Any special powers?

Webtoon is forcing users to install the app so adblock doesn't work.
Bing bang boom.

Me, although I’m nowhere near finished.

Not surprising at all. I only saw that on one of the few comics I read from there, but I can imagine it happening in more, or at least in the future. So fuck them.

You should participate. You nearly won the last one.

bump?

She can absorb demons. Demons in my comic lore are erratic can-fuck-up-your-entire-kingdom class entities and witches absorb them and use them like if they were damn pokemons, although it is an horrible thing to do for them and the price is their sense of self. Tamamo currently has a giant fox (kitsune) demon inside her that allows her to teleport freely short distances since they are in good terms, she can also summon it.

She could probably solo half of the cast on her own. Besides that she is good at magical chemistry, created an oni-killing poison.

Eh, Ill consider it.

>Absorb and control opponents
Sounds like a pretty hot way to finish a fight.

Only demons.

Are you surrrreeee it can only be demons?

>take a leave of /hyw/ every now and then
>miss prime opportunities to shitpost every time
FUCK

I'm not doing it but I figured it would be draw the basics of every panel and then putting in progressively more detail, like videogame rendering
And how dare you talk about Thunt like that

Attached: demon eater p104.jpg (703x900, 216K)

Draft for the third of three small polished concept pieces this week. Going to do make sure I get three every week, come hell or high water.

Attached: Sormon Vestra'vich.png (1000x1000, 1.39M)

Did some refs for my stronk girls.

I'm happy on how they came out, proportion wise.
Also I feel like my art is really getting better compared to how I drew a few months back.

Attached: marieopheliesizecomparison.png (1224x1279, 314K)

i mean pic related is left character but drawn in january jesus christ

Attached: marie.jpg (1666x1835, 401K)

Is it just me or the arms are kinda too short?

>pls gib fashi fuckboi

Attached: apu_.jpg (778x512, 46K)

W-what does ‘fashi’ mean?

There is a clear improvement!

I can bet your favorite Dragon Ball girl is Kale.

Going through my Oni x Fox files and it's like a trip down memory lane. It's been ongoing since it began in 2015. Almost forgot about this guy I drew in 2017. It feels like just yesterday....

Anyone else have any really long, ongoing comics?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 10.56.24 AM.png (466x344, 170K)

well observed. the humerus is too short

given the context and the very, very confused political climate we're in where people think fascism is on the opposite side of communism, i think that's short for fascist
>Anyone else have any really long, ongoing comics?
I mean....

who is doing the fashion contest

B-but he's a communist...

well the state decrying him is pretty commie-flavored, going by those wanted posters, so it was a fair assumption he wasn't on their side.
Perhaps strange pepe poster is actually correct in the head then, and aware commies are fascist to the max.

I like this one more

I'll have to be more specific, then. The idea was that he is wanted by the communist revolutionaries AND the monarchist state. He's a communist vigilante who hates and is hated by pretty much every side other than the citizenry--who don't even really know he exists.

well alright! These things are commplicated.

You're a cool writer Gus... my settings are dull

Thanks pal. It only took 6 years of daydreaming, brainstorming and collaboration!

I almost finished the page, but i'll probably go to bed now and finish it in the morning. Finally everything is coming together nicely, dopamine is hitting those almonds just right.

Attached: 070.png (600x821, 898K)

antifashi fuckboi?

There we go.

Sadly nope. Im waiting to see if my laptop fixes itself. Its just the connector to the charger.

christ bump

>Its just the connector to the charger.
so nothing's lost then

no, sadly it might be. No charger works. Laptop has zero battery. Fixing it is impossible according to the 3 computer repair guys I asked. So i have a perfectly working laptop... that cannot be charged.

did they give you any specifics on WHY it can't be fixed? what's actually wrong with it? because it seems you just aren't properly telling us what's wrong.
unless there's something wrong with the HD/SSD, you can just transfer that into a new computer and have all your data.

i have no clue how to do that, I dont know much about computers. But apparently the entire thing got broken because i opened it from the side and not the front. If you open the laptop it starts breaking apart, you have to do it slowly and carefully. The piece where the charger connects got busted then and no charger works.

I cant send any files because the laptop is out of battery and cant charge it.

the place where the harddrive connects to the rest of the laptop, that connector can be connected to any computer. either in place of, or in combination with, the new computer's drive.
Or it can be put into an external drive container and USB'd to a new computer. or anything else. I'm baffled none of these technicians suggested that to you.

latest page sketch. Ill try to get 3 pages done before posting.

even if the laptop is out of battery? again i know zero of that shit. Well, guess ill ask.

Attached: xz.png (1020x1364, 347K)

yeah, it doesnt die forever if it runs out of battery. and the external harddrive enclosures have their own power cord to spin up the drive and read it. most computer repair shops i know sell them, and will even put the sucker in there for you for a small fee.

Finished this page!

Attached: PAGE 8.png (2250x3300, 2.78M)

I also enjoyed Magic Children Doing Things. Hope it gets picked up and doesnt get ruined with a bunch of bullshit
then again it already has a female deer with antlers, so...

hey

Quick sketch

Attached: buckley hey.jpg (720x480, 63K)

Two new pages inked.

Does anyone need their script read?

Attached: 1565943423909_06.jpg (1323x2074, 1.34M)

Attached: 1565998089764_07.jpg (1323x2074, 1.16M)

gettin those Mirage feels

Oo, which Mirage?

yknow those fucks that invented TMNT
though a bit later on, not the early stuff which was nice but rough.

Three complete. Now, I have to make the art for the answers to the first QnA and write an essay about creative/artistic ambitions.

Attached: Sormon Vestra'vich.png (1000x1000, 1.2M)

the fuck is TMNT?

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!

Attached: splinter facepalm.gif (500x329, 491K)

So how many voice recordings do we have?

not enough
post more good panels

Quick doodle of Kage's favorite pastime.

Sunbathing.

Gonna try and record something tomorrow....

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 8.30.55 PM.png (517x589, 261K)

one

Two, we need more.

>nedroid sold out
Why even live?

How many do we need?

five to start the cinematic adaptation

My comic was on a 2 month hiatus but it's back now. I'm trying to end this tournament arc within the next 2 months or so. It's called Centimeter Tournament. I used to post here but it's been a while

Attached: a22c2adb-82ee-41d1-8fbc-c91c256a4b3e_z.png (940x1187, 1.3M)

Someone post the funniest panel they have! Ill voice it!

HORRENDOUSLY!

That might be the coolest snail I've ever seen

The cuirass needs a line running down the side from the armpit, where the backplate connects to the front. It looks very flat without it.
And while I don't know how to correct it it looks very ugly in a bad way in true color. There's a lot of burgundy and everyone having team colors before they change costumes is weird. Jovan especially stands out- his outfit looks a lot less like a labcoat with all the red.

SLURM

I can never find this one really funny one when I'm looking for it, the one with the guy selling viagra potion, but there's this one at least.
holy shit coincidence.. I like never hear the word cuirass

Attached: Ryou roasts everyone.png (2692x2808, 377K)

WHIMMY WHAM WHAM WOZZLE!

I dare you. I DEFY you to voice this entire page.

All of it.

Attached: 03-page.png (810x1268, 578K)

is new thread guy back from wherever he's been?

I like this one because i can be snarky bitch.
I like this one because you challenged me and that is a fucking mouthful.

Ill do both and submit the best. Give me until to tomorrow night to get something passable.

What's the quick rundown?

You are truly the smackest of jacks.
I feel like recording that long one myself, but I can't seem to get my epic narrator voice going, instead I keep wanting to try morgan freeman or walter cronkite, but it stops being funny after one panel's worth

Godspeed Smacky Jackson.

The early pages are very wordy in Power of Stardust. I'm a little embarrassed by them, but I've learned my lesson (and Alan Moore's 35 words/six panels rule).

I say try it! Could be interesting to have two takes of the same page.

When we do another catfight tournament, will you enter Sasha again? She's pretty cool.

Same one twice? Perish the thought. Too many others deserve a turn.
But when racing happens, there will be butt racing for sure.

Attached: 20080713.jpg (700x1728, 531K)

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=&search_text=domain
They're only like 5 bucks annually. It's only a problem if you absolutely do not want your money ever going online.

I made a cute little subscriber pic since that seems to be a thing.

I tweaked Gurk's design a little bit though you can't really see it here. I gave him elephant feet since he is a radioactive abomination.

Attached: Thank You.png (383x271, 117K)

well this is a cruddy time for a thread to end

Who would you enter?

Robin might could, if there was another sort of magic themed one
Riven would be super awkward in that kind of thing which could be cute
and if it's more of a focus on combat this time around, Mizu has the martial instinct
I recall talk of doing a dudes one, give the ladies some beefcakes to ogle for once, I'm down for that anytime.

The real question is would I go with their epilogue looks/ages. Probably.

Attached: 2019-08-15-BeartatoComics-Fruitley01.png (1200x1947, 775K)

haha
I'm just hungry now. why fruit snacks gotta be so expensive.