You know, it never occured to me before, but why were Bagheera and Kaa left out of Talespin? Baloo...

You know, it never occured to me before, but why were Bagheera and Kaa left out of Talespin? Baloo, Louie and Shere Khan were all in it

Attached: Junglebookcast.PNG.png (480x360, 134K)

Bagheera doesn't show up, but Khan employees panther pilots that look like him.

Attached: khanindustriespilot06.png (380x261, 149K)

Because in a world where animals are treated like people, it'd be a pretty awkward situation for Kaa slithering around

Also he's got bad implications.

Well, Kaa's just a snake.

But Bagheera on the other hand is primarily in the Jungle Book because he's not only got to take care of Mowgli and get the kid to safety, but he's also the voice of reason among the heroes.

Talespin was more of a comedy adventure than a serious one; Baloo works better as the hapless hero/ ace pilot for this show to work. Bagheera would be a straight laced, hard working sort and would ruin the comedy aspects; he only has moments of incompetency because the other characters fuck something up.

It would seriously change the show's dynamic but *maybe* he could have worked as the actual boss of Hire for Hire and Becky and Baloo take turns screwing shit up, but that also pigeonholes Bagheera as a stick in the mud who either has to solve the problems everyone else caused or he yells at people until they get shit fixed.

Why was Talespin even a Jungle Book series? The movie was about 30 years at the time and there wasn't anything recent you could adapt from.

That's like if you made a Oliver and Co. show today

With ducktales being brought back do you this show has a chance of being rebooted, maybe they fan even add lion king characters with the recent success of the movie

They had a Louis Prima impersonation for Louie that was so good his widow sued.

>Well, Kaa's just a snake.

Thaddeus E Klang was also "just a snake"
And I'm not saying that Kaa should also have had robotic attachments, I'm just saying that if one snake can find a way to work in the show, there could have been a way for Kaa to fit in as well

But your points on Bagheera make sense.

>That's like if you made a Oliver and Co. show today

Legitimately surprised that didn't happen.

Also, Jungle Cubs. That was a thing.

Bagheera could've been the falco of the group

>A Lion King reboot of Talespin

You know, I don't hate this idea. It would be derivative, sure, but I can see it working. Scar would easily fill Shere Khan's niche.
Timon and Pumbaa could definitely work as mechanics or something

Cringe, Disney never allows characters from different franchises to be in the same show unless it's for a quick gag

Be my guest. With the new age my Oliver x Dodger ship will come true

Who gives a shit

Jim Cummings is just that talented

Rebecca fills Bagheera's role

I like that idea (maybe include other Disney animal films like Bambi)

Because two big anthro cats generate homersexual energy

better question, why was Bagheera left out of Robin Hood?

>That's like if you made a Oliver and Co. show today

Which one would be gay

Oliver, we had homo side characters in recent years but never a homo protagonist, Disney would be breaking new grounds

Kaa was busy with a Robin Hood sequel that got stuck in development hell when they were filming Tailspin

OH SWELL, I'M SAVED BY BALOO!

I still love this idea

Attached: 1516331871243.jpg (768x810, 207K)

Attached: 1516202165052.jpg (1200x777, 238K)

Attached: 1516144318109.jpg (1725x990, 423K)

A noir detective story? I kinda like it

would be much better than the soulless remake crap

Why use Lady and the Tramp when you have the Great Mouse Detective?

What would Bagheera be like? Some straight laced retired RAF pilot from the war who used to fly with Baloo?

Dunno, hard boiled sherlock just doesn't seam right, a noir detective needs to be a bit more rough and tumble, sherlock (and thus basil) is too smart to make it work.

cause Great Mouse Detective is already a different genre of Detective story you dingus

Wasn't it because Eisner wanted them to use existing characters? That's why Chip and Dale were put in the Rescue Rangers.