Unsounded

Nothing lightens a tense situation quite like bragging about your brother's sexual exploits.

Attached: ch14_80[1].jpg (600x900, 224K)

>claggart's face in the last panel
i'm fucking dying

I suppose that’s a fair point, considering Vliegeng apparently won’t take a new rider after theirs dies

Hopefully he doesn’t let it slip that he fucked out of Caste. That might actually ruin his rep again. Wait, did he ever tell his family that he boinked a renghul?

Lemuel is probably one of the best characters here, and that's saying something.

I like all the characters. Everyone feels pretty real. And I think Duane is going to punch Lemuel in the dick on the next page.

But according to the wiki they only live 60-70 years so it's not like it matters much.

I guess it makes sense that you’d want someone like the Jets as pilots if they can live long enough to ride several generations potentially
Experienced pilots are a more valuable asset than a good Vliegeng I’ll bet

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a common line of reasoning that gets trotted out to justify Jets getting preferential treatment for yet another socially prestigious position.

They just had a song all about fucking other Castes. It's the sort of thing that proper society looks down on but soldiers are another matter. Especially if it's presented as a purely sexual matter. There are Plat prostitutes and I don't imagine it's just Plats that they service.

Bawdy songs and “yo sister” jokes are one thing but I doubt any of these guys would freely admit to such an act in a more serious sense

Soldiers can be incredibly open about a lot of shit among themselves, especially of the vulgar sort. There's likely some manner of taboo still there but that probably makes it hotter. The officers probably try to put their foot down about talking about it because they're closer to nobles than the rank and file and it is against what their country stands for, the grunts though? I can't imagine they wouldn't.

Will resolving to be a stronger soldier. Claggart urging him with spite. Lemuel being best lil' bro. And Duane's fucking face.

Thanks Ashley, this page is great.

I love it. Pure essence of Claggart to have compliments and encoragement to backhanded as fuck
>yeah your dad’s a twatwaffle but fuck him, come back alive and ruin the cunt’s day

I just keep liking Claggart more and more with each passing page. He's gonna die a horrible death, isn't he?

He's confirmed to live, Duane sent him some letters after the war finished. Claggart wrote back telling him not to write him.

>He's confirmed to live
Yeah, just like Jon was confirmed to die of old age.

Attached: 1354362897948.jpg (192x171, 15K)

Then surely he'll be killed in some future arc, anything's fair game with Ashley.

>only guy to write back is the grouchy captain just to say not to write him any more
What a big tsundere

I'm still waiting for NOTjay to come up somehow

Maybe Claggart's dad was like that, too. Or maybe he just thinks there's no point in trying to gloss it over because even if you don't mention it, everyone is thinking about it.

This is the face of a man who is realizing his annoying Soud wright is rather different than he assumed.

He seems to have dropped the veneer of coyness he had at the start and has been very frank since shit really hit the fan, so I think it could be both, considering it’s been said Jets are kind of bad at relations, even with other Jets

>wait are you telling me he's NOT gay?

I'm surprised Duane told Lemuel all of that.

People get blunt with age and a hard life. I imagine military Jets just don't give much of a shit about anything after a while

According to Ashley he told the whole truth to his dad and brother. I guess Lem has enough sensitivity to not spill the whole truth for a boast

Damn. That probably made for a touchy confession.

>He told them basically everything. Close family, you know, and Duane would never lie to his father.

>Anyway, he needed to unload. He felt tremendously ashamed and needed forgiveness. I think if he hadn’t had their support his military career afterwards would have gone much more poorly. He’d have been less sure of himself and much more miserable. But his dad forgave him, told him to man up and make the most of Sarthos’ sacrifice. Lemuel basically said bro, whatever, there is no price too high to pay for a solid piece of putang. And Silvers, you know? They are the most forbidden and tasty. It’s understandable.

>And Silvers, you know?

Oh, we know.

Claggart really is best boy

I asked Ashley why Silvers are considered the most forbidden by the Alds but she hasn't responded.

>And Silvers, you know? They are the most forbidden and tasty.
Does that make Will prime pedobait?

According to at least one poster in the last few threads, yes.

I don't think it need be complex. Silver waifu was really hot to us. No reason to think silvers aren't just a e s t h e t i c by in-setting standards, too.

>Anyway, he needed to unload.
Oh, he had plenty of time to do that in the closet

This is a funny scene now but I'm afraid that the next scene will have Claggart freaking out further that this affirmative action dipshit wasted his charity on sex while real soldiers were out there dying. Everybody was getting along so well, too.

>He's confirmed to live
Dumb Ashleyposter

I think he's already aired his bitching about the scholarship thing, and this little sequence has had quite a bit of emphasis on showing Claggart realizing Duane isn't just a book-learned useless wagewright
No, I'm far more afraid of what'll happen when they stumble upon worse foes than the varpies

They already think he's a wasteoid for flunking out, if he did it over pussy at least he's relatable.

have we seen what baby Vilegeng look like?

Attached: vliegeng.jpg (1132x1000, 166K)

i wish i'd never seen them but thank you

Why are they so ugly though. Stupid goofy-looking line-zippers.

Crescians get out reeee

What do you think the odds are that, sometime in the present, Duane will meet up with Claggart by accident and have to convince him that he is still a real boy despite being dead?

How do you think Claggart would take it?

Ash said Claggart never appears outside of this chapter so I'd say the odds are poor. Claggart would probably just cut his unholy abomination head off though.

>"He tupped a girl in the headmaster's cloakroom"
>"And that, Mikaila, is how you were born"

>He's confirmed to live
You still cling to foolish hope, I see.

>Speedreading this hard

Babby is cute. Is this to scale? I couldn't really imagine a heavily pregnant vligeng being able to fly well.

Do aerodynamics even have any bearing on their flight?

I'm sure aerodynamics play some part in how they move, but I doubt something like that can stay in the air without without some kind of aspect fuckery

They don't actually fly, they have little tentacles on their backs that they use to hook onto khert lines and zip around that way.

so, a combination of spellery and falling with style

Sounds more like magic Zipline ing

P much this

Thats right Jay

Read the short story in the description for the page user

Maybe he's making a joke that Mickie is actually the bastard child of him and Sarthos?

I think he really just doesn't know.