What's the superior element? Which one would you rather have?

What's the superior element? Which one would you rather have?

Attached: 51mjjm6E5TL.jpg (375x360, 39K)

Water would be the most useful in day to day life.

But flying to work everyday would save a lot of money and time. Water may be the most useful day to day, but air would give the largest improvement over all.

I pick earth so I can do the dai lee rock hands thing

holy wagecuck

Fire
no weaknesses.

>think fire is the coolest element because you can use it to fly like Azula, create electricity, explosions and shout fire from your mouth
>scared of fire IRL

Attached: 15.jpg.png (884x1268, 125K)

Fire is the chad element, air-betas and water-virgins need not reply earth is brad tho

>kick the ground and erect a city
Earth, obviously.
However, all of them are free energy, so they're all great.
Things shouldn't revolve around war.

earth. i use it as a segway.

Earth is pretty fucking great, imo. Good for creating shelter and general construction. The other elements have great uses, but I feel like the practicality of earthbending allows for greater access to the "normal" ways of obtaining the other three elements. Harder to accomplish what earthbending accomplishes with just one of the other elements, I think.

Air, unlike the other 3 you can use it everywhere without losing power. Plus it allow you to defent yourself without needing to wound others.

to fly is an extremely rare ability that only two people ever unlocked. unless, of course, you want to fly using those gay kites

Earth is my favourite as well, but it loses out in energy-generation to the other three.
Unless... Yabba-dabba-doo cars?

Air
> Fire needs air to burn
> People need air to live
> Just suck the air out of your enemies.

Instead of the cars being propelled, earthbenders just slide the autobahn so it works sort of like a moving track?

>people claiming that air or fire will let you fly
>fire folk needed the fucking comet to do it
>there were only 2 edgelord air guys who were capable of flying
Earth is the thinking man's element.

Water and Earth feel like they'd be the most useful in the day-to-day. Air would be cool too, but slightly less versatile. Fire would literally be useless for anything besides burning shit.

ALCAESTO

Attached: images (1).jpg (450x360, 26K)

the only one that matters

Attached: B1-600x468.jpg (600x468, 19K)

except if you think too much you literally can't use it

can we avoid making this a meme please.

urf. I want the earth kingdom cuties.

Earth because I constantly worry about topsoil depletion and earthbending could help make more soil.

cringe pedo

how does shotabending work? do you control little boys or do you turn adult males into kids?

What the fuck is that symbol

Earth
Fire

Water with air as a very, very close second.
Water is the most versatile and has a ton of uses.

Water is easily the strongest but Earth is the coolest. They both have the cutest girls though so either or is the right answer

>shotabending
uwotm8.png

i've never watched either of the shows

Earth would be the most useful even if you don't get any of the fancy bonuses like sandbending, metalbending or seismic sense you could still do a shit ton with earth bending with all the asphalt on the roads and concrete in buildings

is a symbol for "boy love" (AKA being pedo for little boys). There's one for "girl love" that is a small heart inside of a big one. /pol/ is obsesswd with finding these symbols everywhere.

shota = male equivalent of lolis = drawn little boys like pic related

Attached: Do4KSsgUwAcWZSs.png_large.png (660x780, 277K)

>scared of fire

Are you 5?

What the fuck

Cute and based

I accidentally started a fire on my kitchen when I was little and got traumatized for that.

Attached: pedosymbols.jpg (459x645, 47K)

I've been here longer than some of the underage b& that shitposts here has been alive. I know what a shota is. I was curious if the Avatar fanbase had managed to outautism the Loud House fanbase regarding """fan"""fiction, or if there was something else to it.

Air, so I could fly.

The joke was that the pedophile symbol resembles the symbols of the elements. Don't overthink it, bro.

Attached: 1541447256719.png (409x600, 103K)

Are you retarded? Fire is one of the most reasonable things to be scared of I can imagine.

Metal bending, you can kill someone instantly by pulling the iron out of their blood like in X men 2

This.
I'd fuck off to the nearest canyon and build a big-ass autism castle to live in, far away from anyone.
Also, bending isn't free energy. Benders have to move to bend stuff. In a way bending is expending energy from your body.

That’s called an earthquake user

t. Dr Manhattan

Earth > Water > Fire > Air
prove me wrong

Earth
Bumi was a fucking chad

>castle to live in
Enjoy your no plumbing, no electricity, no internet, no... you get the idea.

They’re all strong and important but I’d place air over fire.

Shooting fire out of your hands is bound to end poorly; you'd be right to be scared of it.

>no electricity, no internet
All I do is play games like minecraft anyway. I won't miss it when I can do it in real life. Maybe I'll miss shitposting on here.
>no plumbing
Just shit in a hole in the floor and bend it to launch it away. Maybe it'll land on a village nearby but that's their problem.

>shitbending

It counts as earth, doesn't it?

Electricity is needed for more than just your computer and internet. You wouldn't have basic shit like a fridge, oven, heating or light either.

I'd go with fire. However, if my options weren't limited to these four, I'd go with electricity.

Light

>heating or light either
Eh, he could use fire for those, it's less efficient than modern HVAC and lighting, but he won't be cold and in the dark, assuming he can find a fuel source.

If we're talking about being in the same time period as Avatar: the Last Airbender, those wouldn't exist anyway.

I would use it to magma the entire planet

Only if you have a high mineral diet.

metalbending isn't actually bending metal, it's bending the trace amounts of earth within metal. you couldn't bend the iron in somebody's body

I like to think that it's the opposite. They can bend rocks and shit because it has metal oxides in it. But bending metal with higher purity is harder for some reason. Though they can still bend stuff like sand, which is mostly silicon and oxygen.
What you say could make more sense, but what is "earth" in the first place? Oxide minerals? Compounds of metals and metalloids? Then they wouldn't be able to bend metal in the first place. Given the time period, majority of the metal being bended would be wrought iron, which is 99 percent iron. But Toph could easily bend meteoric iron.
I know everything falls apart when you over analyze it, but I couldn't hold myself.

You would need like 4000 lanes so that people can all get to their intended destinations. The cars themselves have no propulsion.

You can use water to travel too.

Literally just dumb headcanon. The elements in atla aren’t defined by their chemical compositions anyway, they’re explicitly tied to the spiritual conceptions of the elements instead.

Earth would get you too much attention in civilized society. Where could you go where it's just cool to fucking uproot the ground. Air is probably the most practical. Youd have to use sewer water for water to be of any use in day to day life outside of pulling water from the tap into your mouth while you sit on the couch. Earth just destroys everything so you can't reliably use it often. Fire is cool for fucking shit up I guess. But air has versatility. Anything from flying to blowing people's cash out of their hands to you. You could even gust a qt into falling over and into your arms so you're Mr. Hero. Then you take her gliding on your first date over the city and you get laid.

>You wouldn't have basic shit like a fridge, oven, heating or light either.
There are many ways of achieving all of those without electrocity.
It's just that much more convenient to get all of those from basically single socket.

The ony correct Lethality potential in Bending

Waterbending > Airbending with hype >Firebending without limits > Earthbending >Firebending with limits > Airbending without hype

Attached: Adult!Zuko.jpg (474x355, 33K)

>waterbending
Too slow and conditional. Your power depends entirely of having large bodies of water nearby, and you need wider movements for it to work, while fire is literally just punching. At close combat fire would BTFO any waterbender

>b-but muh bloodbending
since LoK you can overcome bloodbending by not being a total bitch. It is just a meme at this point.

Also, airbending basically can't kill anyone. It's literally just air; you throw people around, but doesn't do much else. The only debate is earth or fire.

Water is shown to easily cut steel, watch the episode with the drill again, katara is literally cutting a slab of steel thicker than herself. Bloodbending is OP as fuck, no need to explain that. Airbending is lethal as shit with hype. How do you think Monk Gyatso killed those soldiers at the genocide? Lung compression my dude

Earth. You can force people to defecate at any moment.

>Water is shown to easily cut steel
>easily
it took a lot of time to cut that slab of steel, as we're actually shown in that episode. Also, good luck cutting fire.

>Bloodbending is OP as fuck
You can literally overcome it by not being a little bitch. If mako can do it, so can anyone else.

>Airbending is lethal as shit
How so?

>How do you think Monk Gyatso killed those soldiers
enclosed space with a lot of fire and air.

>Lung compression
it is unlikely he even knew that technique, and it is unlikely that shit would work on anyone who is not a bitch. People wouldn't just stand there while you mess with them.

Airbending can suck the air out of people’s lungs though

Explain further.

Attached: file016211.jpg (709x573, 146K)

none of the elements are specifically slow

if you're thinking of a specific bending style looking slow, then it's just the bending style and not the element itself

large bodies of water aren't necessary unless you're waging war--and we also know that skilled water benders can use just about anything
Most major cities have some form of transporting water around, whether it's pipes, aqueducts, or just rivers going through town

>no weaknesses
you sure about that?

> be earthbender
> wagies driving in their pathetic cars
> activate le highway surf
> leave bolders and crests behind
> be the only one on time to work
> get a raise
> everyone else fired
That's how you own the wage stage, no your gay ass 'i will save so much' shit

Just a reminder that there is no water-sensing in waterbending. Finding water in specific situations is actually difficult; where did the fight started? in the middle of the streets? in a bar? how would you go about finding water? you have to use your head to get to it, you can't just 'sense' it. You just don't have the time against a guy who can just punch you. Let's say you're transporting water with you: how much? how many fire attacks can you take with it? how quickly you can have access to it? there are just too many question when it comes to waterbending.

And while there are fast techniques with waterbending (with small quantities of water), most stuff firebending can do is fast, without the drawback of relying on a reserve. Again, the only saving grace would be to have large bodies of water nearby (in which case the firebender is stupid) or the once-in-a-lifetime chance that the fight starts in a full moon, and even then you have to count on your opponent being a bitch for bloodbending to work.

there are 2 primary agencies for protecting people:
1. The Police for protecting us from bad guys with knives
2. The fucking Fire Department saving us from burning to death

>Too slow and conditional.
lethality wise, blood bending is dangerous as fuck, you can arrest bloodflow to the brain or cause a stroke with a flick of your wrist. There would be no defense against that

In reality bloodbending would be Very dangerous, but in Avatar World it doesn't seems to be that at all.

Depends on the location. One of the major reasons why avatar was so good was because each civilization were based on and lived in regions dependent on their powers. So depending on where you are the usefulness of the abilities change.

All of them would be useful in both work and daily life except firebending. Firebending would only be useful for showbiz.

That's clearly not how it works in the show, which means it's not how it works. Kindly leave real-world physics out of this fictional discussion.

Based. Water is deadliest with creativity, tied with air.
Water:
>acid bending, so long as said acid is an aqueous solution like stomach acid
>not just acid, literally any deadly substance dissolved in water
>ice expansion inside people's vital organs
>defensive sphere that can double as an ice minigun
>steam for cover
>block off blood flow to the brain, causing a stroke
>rip apart inner ear via the fluid found there
>pop eyes
>just cut fuckers in half with water whips or ice frisbees
Air:
>suck air from lungs
>propel knives both unpredictably and insanely fast, changing their flight paths on a whim
>bending poisonous gas into lungs or onto skin
>explosions via quick localised changes in pressure, could be used to blow out ears and cause serious internal bleeding
>giving opponents the bends
>changing pressure around the opponent so their lungs rupture
>expanding chest cavity until the victim explodes alien-style

How did you miss the part in LoK where Zaheer assassinates the Earth Queen with airbending

The Earth Queen isn't exactly a fighter. You think any bender would just stay there while air is sucked out of him? or just.. you know.. punch fucking fire out of their hands.

Do uh, ambulances/EMTs/doctors/hospitals not count?
I get your point though

You could literally power a carbon-free industrial civilization overnight through firebending.

Literally no one would make a good fighter while being suffocated, and an airbender could easily kill from a distance that they’d be safe at.

Good luck doing that when your lungs are compressed.
I'm not even talking anything you can do with your breath, either. I'm talking about vacuuming so much out of your lungs that they make a scrunched-up mcdonald's wrapper by the roadside look spacious.

Also, firebenders need oxygen to firebend so that’s also not happening.

Why do you think people can punch less fire like that?

>an airbender could easily kill from a distance that they’d be safe at
That technique wasn't used at long distances, i believe. Both times it was used, it was at close range.

Good luck doing that with your face on fire.

>firebenders need oxygen to firebend
What, the airbender is also taking all the air in the room as well? what exactly is the scenario here?

They can kinda do that though
In an enclosed environment, you'd like firebenders would be best, but airbenders are basically just telekinetics

>>acid bending, so long as said acid is an aqueous solution like stomach acid
>>not just acid, literally any deadly substance dissolved in water
>>ice expansion inside people's vital organs
>>defensive sphere that can double as an ice minigun
>>steam for cover
>>block off blood flow to the brain, causing a stroke
>>rip apart inner ear via the fluid found there
>>pop eyes
They can't do any of that

blood bending doesn't actually affect the flow of blood

Or I can just make a massive earthquake and let gravity do the rest.

There's no water sensing, but you can definitely bend water you can't quite see
In the middle of the street, tons of hydrants that can be popped off
And if you're a waterbender, you keep a little on you like Katara did in the entire series so that you can attack while drawing more water

>And while there are fast techniques with waterbending (with small quantities of water), most stuff firebending can do is fast, without the drawback of relying on a reserve
Again, that's mostly just a specific bending style
probending fire and water bending are just as fast

>They can kinda do that though
never done. Also, how would they even breathe?

I like water for its practicality but I'm tempted to go Earth because it uses a lot of green and I like green.

Air lets you fly so it autowins

fire, because i could make some food with it kek

Sure they can.
>acid bending
Acid bending is just bending a solution of water, aka water molecules with extra ionic bits.
>ice expansion
Creating and bending ice is something any waterbender can do, and due to its unique molecular structure water expands upon solidifying. Shoving water in someone's mouth should be possible, even trivial if you achieved mastery.
>defensive sphere
Tarrlok literally used this technique in LOK.
>steam for cover
Katana made steam during the eclipse invasion to hide the fleet's numbers, what are you talking about?
>block off blood flow to the brain
>should be fairly easy if you pinched a major artery. You wouldn't even need to stop the blood itself flowing, just constrict a specific blood vessel by using the blood in surrounding vessels to squish that one shut.
>rip apart inner ear
Inner ear fluid is more water than blood, of course it's possible. You might not even need a full moon if you concentrated all your power on that one spot.
>pop eyes
Same principle as the inner ear.
Where there's enough water and the will to control it, there's bending to be had. It doesn't matter if nobody in the show has been seen explicitly doing it because it would be too harsh for kids. Hama even says water is everywhere, indicating waterbenders can potentially tap into any water source.
Thing is, I'm thinking less a waterbending warrior and more a waterbending killer. An assassin who tries to end the fight before it begins, you know? Creative use is where waterbending really shines, more so than any other element.

>That technique wasn't used at long distances, i believe. Both times it was used, it was at close range.
Literally no reason to believe distance should matter. Anyone in a room with air and an airbender in it is fair game.

Or at least create a vacuum around the firebender’s hands. Doesn’t sound that difficult for an airbender to accomplish really.

>aka water molecules with extra ionic bits.
The 4 elements are not defined by their chemical composition. Stopped reading there.

>Also, bending isn't free energy. Benders have to move to bend stuff. In a way bending is expending energy from your body.
Don't Avatar characters use "chi" as their energy system?

It's weakness is that can't do much to earth
it took until they industrialized to start taking land from the Earth kingdom (it's the biggest nation for a reason).

>fly like Azula
so not fly at all

Earth. Can instantly make a trench, defensive cover, can destabilize and collapse enemy structures, seismic radar, can chuck big ass rocks at opponents, earth is fucking everywhere unless you are on a boat.

Fire
>People need to eat
>Plants need sunlight to grow
>Just put out the sun

Attached: 1517205983512.jpg (820x820, 223K)

Heat calderas for steam power. Deepfry anything in seconds. Possibly firefighting if you can exhaust the fire, or control it's spread. Etch engravings into metal, though arguably water could be better for this.

>he doesn't live on the coast or near a large river
>moving on the land with all the plebs
>not skating on top the water and pulling a huge wave with you over the landies to get to your final destination

Water is the Stacy element, Air is the Delta (+) element

Saying you can't fly with air is stupid. Sure you have to use a tool to do it, but an air-bike is better than no flight at all

Katara and Aang water bent giant vats of perfume in season 1. There's no reason the same principle wouldn't apply to acids and other aqueous solutions.

Just get one of those hang glider bicycles.

this

>steam between water and air
>instead of water and fire
wtf I hate 5 Elementos now.

I’d do about the same thing. I could pay to get electric and water hooked up by helping some company with excavation for a summer.

>acid bending
I already live in London m8

>t. sciencelet
Katana has bent soup and slurry before, plus . They were also not strictly water. There is no reason why a waterbender couldn't bend aqueous solutions.

air or water is the best but I'd rather have fire

I always liked these guys for some reason.

Attached: Sandbenders.png (890x660, 910K)

>"Just remember this. People are mostly made of water."

Attached: summer magic - the four elements.jpg (3290x1080, 1.08M)

Water.
It's the most useful element. It's everywhere around you. I still think that you can fly with water. I mean you can make it float right?

>What's the superior element?
in a pg13 show in which creators went full retard ?

Earth is the Chad element, Fire is for virginal school shooters