What disgusts you the most about cartoons and comics?

What disgusts you the most about cartoons and comics?

Attached: E2MrwS8.png (368x375, 195K)

this board

/thread

>Girl version of character gets nerfed costume design

That I have formed a more emotional connection with them than I do with most people and also I jack off to them regularly.

The pervy old men.

The prudish faggots.

Yes, that's another way to say pervy old men.

Gross & fetishy scenes
>haha stinky feet
>haha loud farts
>haha big burps
>haha icky vomit
Thankfully, I didn't get those fetishes, but I did get a centaur fetish from fantasia

The fans.

The horrible ghettoization of the entire American animated/sequential art medium into 4 broad categories, namely animated sitcoms, """"action"""" shows for children, super hero comics, and autobiographical alternative comics. I see stuff like Vinland Saga and Cop Craft airing alongside Okaasan Online and Tejina-Senpai and I wonder what went so horribly wrong that a culture that started out as a bold-faced imitation managed to create such a robust industry in comparison. And it's like this all over the world too. Franco-belgian comics cover a wide variety of subjects and genres in both their commercial and independent scenes. Why is it that, when it comes to traditionally drawn 2D art forms, either animated or sequential, America falls into such simple genre ghettos? It's not like many of these ghettos are housing some amazing works that no one can compete with either, it's almost all mediocre trash. Anyone could come along and offer up some competition from outside these genres and destroy the established conventions, but it never happens.

And why is that? Why is everyone choosing to play in an over saturated market instead of taking the small risk that entails doing something different? It doesn't make any logical sense.

that they can't stand on their own two feet without sucking the dicks of Japanese anime and childhood nostalgia.

What a nerd

The people who read and watch them

>having standards
have sex incel

Blame the comics code for that. I'm sure it's a lot more complicated considering American culture but that's when western comics were kneecapped culturally.

If so, then why are you here? Don't you have a girlfriend to hang out with?

the time between each issue/episode

Attached: 1565521681815.jpg (397x318, 28K)

I don't think I want to blame something that was basically unestablished in the 1980s. Especially not for what's happening in TV. Syndication is a fucking curse but with home streaming taking over, and live action in those networks focusing on telling actual narratives, there's no excuse for animated stuff on the same networks not to take the same approach.

Their fanbases

I like X, if you like Y but not X you are worse than Z

Attached: vlcsnap-2017-08-31-04h08m41s397.png (640x480, 270K)

The fandom

The replacement of thought balloons in exchange for PAST FUCKING TENSE narration boxes.
Caption boxes, with actual captions made for context and atmosphere were a far better use of boxed text, and thought bubbles were a hell of a lot of fun.

Attached: BatReading.gif (300x200, 1.57M)

What exactly do you mean?
Are you sure that stuff is not already out there you just haven't found it?

>What do you mean elephants are going extinct because of terrible hunting practices? Are you sure you just haven't looked hard enough? Surely there are herds of them somewhere!

Attached: 94c.jpg.png (1200x1314, 46K)

I think it's the more rampant pursuit of money for the most part. Yeah, the rest of the comic industries overseas want to make money too, but I think they're generally more comfortable with most titles not being complete cash cows.

It's much harder to break proved formulas when you feel like every failure to make maximum money at all times is going to kill your project.
Of the 4 genres you mentioned, the sitcoms (Adult Swim stuff, Cartoon Network comedies, etc) and the autobiographical alternative comics have the most wiggle room to be different.

Also, I think the bigger problem is the lack of continuity/an overarching plot/an end destination for a given show. It's part of the same thing; if your show is successful you want it to continue forever, and the formulas that work for that happen to be sitcoms and monster of the week action shows/super hero comics. It would be nice if there were more series willing to try a HBO style story.

they all SUCK ANUS

probably the sneeed

You have to pay to see most of them. Free Saturday morning cartoons are dead.

There are multiple different species of elephant you ignoramus....

and not all of them are going extinct.

mostly being overshadowed by tv and Hollywood

Americans always abandons mediums for "the next best thing" with at least books and theater having clout beforehand are safer than a mediums that were born there just to get overshadowed by Live action hollywood movies.

Essentially.

Whenever lesbians get shoved into them.