ITT: Absolutely worst attempts at making a franchise

picrel: disney's attempt at ren & stimpy plagiarism

Attached: Shnookums_and_Meat_title.jpg (625x477, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b2oY6bN_8dc
youtube.com/watch?v=NBX1rdqQ8WE
youtube.com/watch?v=yspQHaUyA2k
youtu.be/pawxAetxv7M
youtube.com/watch?v=jpVc3EO-6gA
desuarchive.org/co/thread/107951609/#107952110
youtube.com/watch?v=SWXOQD-VAmY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I thought I’d imagined that show holy fuck.

I dunno.
I thought both Pith Possum and Tex Tinstar were pretty good segments.
The fault was making Shnookums and Meat the poster boys instead of developing the other two as stand alone shows

I'll second that. The 3-segment format was also too much like a retread of Raw Toonage; it really felt like the higher-ups were fumbling every step of the way.

Kind of a shame that the legit creative effort on the Pith and Tex segments got buried with this show, but on the other hand it's cool that those artists did a good job despite the fuckups surrounding them.

I absolutely hated that Poodle

> According to Bill Kopp, Shnookums and Meat didn't have Shnookums and Meat to begin with. It originally focused only on Tex Tinstar and Pith Possum. Due to a certain cat and dog show that was popular, Shnookums and Meat were created on the last minute due to a last minute change in the pitch room because one of the higher-ups wanted Nick's money.
Doomed from day one

Well, that explains a lot.

I lack an accurate reaction image to convey how this makes me feel

Why did this show even exist? Disney already had their Ren & Stimpy-esque show with Timon and Pumbaa

Follow the leader effect was in play

It was better, gross by itself is not funny.

I'd say Bubsy but considering that the fucker is actually getting new games now, it might not count anymore.

Mighty n9. The creator was obsessed with having a cartoon series and toys and shit. What would the cartoon even look like, I wonder

Tex Tinstar was good
youtube.com/watch?v=b2oY6bN_8dc

He made a fool of himself.
>I'll show them...I'M the reason MegaMan is great, and I'll prove it with a Mega Man ripoff!
>MN9 sucks and fails
>Capcom releases MM11 which was a success

Inafune btfo

As for "Shnookums and Meat", the first handful of shorts actually had some good art. But the rest wound up looking like second rate "Tiny Toons".

youtube.com/watch?v=NBX1rdqQ8WE

according to legend, the problem with that game was the fault of the creative team getting infiltrated and hijacked by an attention whore wackjob that chased off all the talent and actively antagonized the backers (when not completely ignoring them for months at a time)

Kind of a shame, I really liked some of the character designs.

Bs, her role was way overblown because gamergate. Inafune is just completely incompetent, and didn't manage money properly

Nah, the problem was Inafune's over ambition.
He already had is sights set on a media empire and tried to start a MN9 cartoon AND the Red Ash game and anime.
That, and tried to get MN9 released on almost ever damn platform there is.
All before the shittin' thing even released.

jesus christ

tex tinstar was god tier, and pith possum was fine.

I liked the Pompeii Pete segments though

Attached: WELCOME TO THE WACKY WACK WACK.jpg (600x400, 55K)

This bullshit.

Attached: fd1a6d7e5ce21b2b95ca134e429341dd.jpg (630x840, 116K)

These. The game was already looking bad even before she came on board.

That theme song haunts me to this day.

It’s SUCH a blatant rip-off too, even the theme music is pulled from Ren & Stimpy

Was Timon & Pumbaa really that much of R&S knockoff

Cowboy Johnny Bravo?

Not really. It seemed like a fairly-generic "dopey duo" comedy like Abbott and Costello.

>Tex Tinstar and Pith Possum
At face value, but that's about it

I want to FUCK that fly!

Shnookums and Meat came frist. Launched the same year tho.

Hah. Jeff Bennett was using that voice in this cartoon a whole year before "Johnny Bravo".

>It’s SUCH a blatant rip-off too, even the theme music is pulled from Ren & Stimpy

youtube.com/watch?v=yspQHaUyA2k

Sure, but you wouldn't want to watch the show.

I liked tuluz.

Wrongo was an awesome villain. Only someone like him could make reading Mudda Goose so diabolical.

I did when I was a kid. Hence why I still want to FUCK that fly!

They’re similar. S&M is more spaghetti western but you can tell they were going for a similar sound.

does anyone have the source of the creators thinking that Butt Ugly Martians was going to be as big as TMNT

Attached: butt.jpg (210x240, 13K)

>Johnny Bravo and Cow

I agree

Surely you jestin

Attached: Schnookums and Meat. Poodle cat dog.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Attached: cheetahmen.jpg (754x623, 156K)

the battletoads

How many TMNT clones are there? Street Sharks, Biker Mice, the buff dinosaurs one, Mighty Ducks,...

I remembered nothing about this show until this post and I now remember this entire episode and can hear the poodles voice and all. Holy fuck.

Cheetahmen was cart before horse as all hell. Attached to a ludicrously expensive collection of terrible games, rhe dev was already expecting it to become the next TMNT for some reason.

Timon and Pumbsa was shit compared to the other Disney movies turned into TV shows like Aladdin, Hercules and Tarzan

Timon & Pumbaa had more of a Taz-Mania aesthetic than R&S.

>He forgot the snailiens

youtu.be/pawxAetxv7M

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 10K)

This show disturbed me as a kid. The episode where Shnookums thought meat was dead was weird.

What went wrong?

Attached: rapsittie.jpg (350x212, 37K)

wasn't inafune just a mediocre IP producer that had nothing to do with programming, and, for some reason, inti creates did a terrible job not only with programming but also level design and mechanics?

>We'll never get that Easter special
It's not fair

>announce reboot of old franchise only remembered by teens and 20-somethings
>slash budget before release because the bosses decide they'd rather reboot something else that young kids actually like
>make the writing so shit even those few old fans turn away
>let the now unwanted franchise peter out on its own with only half assed attempts at promoting it so you can say "well, we tried", despite your other IPs getting much better treatment
>keep hyping fans up despite knowing the franchise will be canned shortly
>internally admit you had no idea what to do with the franchise but lie to fans that it performed well

Attached: BToas.PNG.png (861x644, 756K)

Inhumans

>Bill Kopp

Yeah that explains it.

He created stuff like Eek the Cat, Mad Jack the Pirate and Toonsylvania, he clearly has talent, blame the higher-ups for this shit R&S knock-off

In a similar way, Butt-Ugly Martians. The cartoon was meh and they expected to get to do a live action movie in a year or two.

youtube.com/watch?v=jpVc3EO-6gA

Attached: The Dragon Prince.png (542x390, 251K)

>market it at rabid autists that fucking hate your new constraction building system
>hold a bunch of messy competitions that ranged from "the rich get richer" build-a-bad-guy contest to "what the fuck were they thinking?!" with the "eh, I dunno - just take a photo of something that vaguely looks like a face/mask or something" contest
>keep the instructions of the Umarak shadow spawns and Makuta for yourself for no reason
>never release a Mask of Ultimate Power, not even as polybag or even contest prize
>make the supplementary media as elusive as possible (seriously, I only found the first comic mag in only a single store and the second one with the eagle miniset in NONE - the kiosk owners I asked about it had no idea that it even exists)
>hire the cheapest no-name Deviantart comic artists you can find instead of DC
>create bazillions of fantastic looking artworks but never use any of them for promotion but instead shit this godawful Toon Boom garbage onto the boxes and websites
>have the writer of the novels come in and redo the story bible since it was barebones and made no sense
>have a complete internal meltdown due to the display stand getting leaked, ruining the surprise moment of your reboot announcement
>already make the decision to axe the franchise after the first wave
>literally end your Netflix show with pic related
>make the final wave a limited release
>send TWO LARGE CRATES FULL OF UNSOLD SETS to the autists mentioned at the top so they can use them as prizes for competitions on their websites (yeah, right)

Attached: JtO ending.jpg (480x360, 36K)

Attached: yes, old good, new bad.jpg (1356x2411, 1.52M)

Everything that could've gone wrong.

I'm seeing a lot of Homestar references on this board lately, and I like it.

You too? I thought I was the only one!

I don't have time to dump the whole rabbit hole again
desuarchive.org/co/thread/107951609/#107952110

Better than Jungle Cubs

what a fucking downgrade

Attached: 1445760134433.gif (343x284, 933K)

It's even more ridiculous given that even the Hero Factory comics were drawn and published by DC.
One really has to wonder just what the fuck was going on behind the scenes with G2.

Attached: 1dbba83b3259879da0c7d477dd7358f4_xl.jpg (477x700, 117K)

Attached: large-5273520.jpg (843x1280, 162K)

The boardgame came out.

Pretty much anything from this company and that putz Larry Schwartz. Kappa Mikey was only a success because anime was the hot ticket with kids at the time and they ate this garbage up.

Attached: Animation_Collective_Logo.jpg (250x226, 14K)

>Well, I'll be a ding-dong-dingity-dern-dong-dingy-thingy
A show could have the best comedic writing of the century and I could only merely appreciate it. Yet stupid shit like this what makes me nearly spit out my drink.

youtube.com/watch?v=SWXOQD-VAmY

I can hear the music.

I actually liked it. Sure it was a Ren and Stimpy rip off but as a non American kid I thought there were millions of shows like Ren and Stimpy out there, like it was a common style like French/Belgian Comics all have the same style. I even thought Itchy and Scratchy was an actual American TV show as a kid.
Anyway what was this show part of?
I always liked the close ups they did which Ren and Stimpy also did and then it was dead until Sponge Bob did it too and zoomers think it's a Sponge Bob thing.

These are really neat designs

Not complaning about these, tho. The amount of detail in the pieces is astonishing.

Scientology

This episode brought to you by /d/ and /aco/!

I guess I really am the only one who liked Shnookums and Meat.

Attached: 1564764872210.jpg (1033x679, 47K)

Nothing. Everything has been a decent try so far.

well if you fucker would have actually read my comment and wouldn't have ignored me like the rest of this board you would know that you are NOT the only one but it is like everyone is just talking to themselves here and not with each other.

Shit show, get better taste