Wait, is Penguin really an expert hand-to-hand combatant?

Wait, is Penguin really an expert hand-to-hand combatant?

Attached: expert.png (744x384, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_QpFJRBp82g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there anything more meaningless than "Peak Human" "Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant" "Martial Arts Master" "Expert Marksman" and "Expert Tactician"?

ORIENTS

Really stupid how all those terms are now just the baseline for every single hero/villain regardless of how those characters are written.

Batman related shit also gets wanked to stupidly high levels.

Any descriptor like that is pointless in cape comics cause everyone is really good at everything

Didn't you watch The Batman?
The guy really could fight.

Shouldn't it be flipper-to-hand combatant?

Not sure about the hand to hand stuff but I bought him being good with swords and fencing made sense since he usually has that umbrella with a blade for the handle and a sharp spike to stab with.

yeah
especially for villains that and much more kinda feels like a bunch of traits that are really just default requirements to be a big game villain in the first place. Especially expert tactician, cunning or intelligent.
it becomes much more interesting when you create a bad guy without these traits, which makes them unique by default, like Broly from DB. Despite lacking a really deep character he is instantly recognisable because he is an overemotional brainlet who just kinda throws punches, unlike 90% of DB characters who are all "master tacticians, precise, analytic" etc.

You tell me.

Attached: 1546289659887.jpg (1275x1920, 792K)

Genius-level intellect.

money is a high tier superpower

Yes, the Penguin is deceptively strong. He can take on a squad of goons with a sweat.

Attached: MyaJSD6.jpg (712x1193, 238K)

This is retarded

>2019
>NOT studying the wayof the penguin
>Not shaving your head like the ancient pengu-masters of the south or north
>Not honing your flipper strike
>not swimming 10 km, 100 flipperstrikes, 100 crunches with an egg between your legs and 100 jump-ups from the sea
>NOT bitchslapping a leather-tacticool furri into a wall while wobbling away like an emperor
user.. Oswald is a beast

Why? That's literally the whole point of Penguin. His whole gimmick was that his umbrella was secretly a weapon. Him being secretly a good fighter is a natural extension

Well he's not a damn kung-fu master or anything. But yes, Oswald can hold his own in a fight. It's mostly about fighting dirty and being a complete animal. He didn't get to be one of Gotham's top crime bosses by simply paying the right people

Attached: The Penguin.jpg (774x1008, 460K)

>That's literally the whole point of Penguin
No the point of Penguin is being a parody of old money

"Expert" is a bit of a stretch but he's usually been able to handle himself in a fight fine. He's never been a physical match for Batman (not even in that cartoon where he could do kung fu) but that doesn't mean he's a slouch or will go down easy.

Attached: Detective-Comics-Vol.-1-59-1942.jpg (1147x1040, 634K)

Retardedly AWESOME you mean.

It was even argued once that Penguin's major weakness is that he overestimated his physical capabilities and thus would try to fight the heroes himself.
He doesn't really do that anymore ever since he stopped being a thief and became a mobster.

Attached: Batman-Vol.-1-448-19901 penguin's weakness.jpg (1187x879, 566K)

A common part of Penguin's backstory is that he was bullied in high school, so he secretly took fighting lessons so he could kick their asses.

And many portrayals make him a violent thug who simply puts on the gentlemanly appearance in a really phony way.

Of course. He's like Bruce Wayne planting or tuitors to train him.
It's just he often finds himself above actually going fist to fist with other mob bosses.

Depends on who's writing him.

Same with Joker.

Planting?

Does
He even
Slide

IDK how my brain typed that instead of "having".

It depends a bit on the continuity, but, as far as I know, he supposedly has studied at least a degree in juijitsu and bojutsu - Japanese shortstaff fighting, in addition to or instead of that British martial art that focuses on the use of the umbrella as a weapon. He doesn't use it very often, though, because he's not a physically aggressive individual.

Generally he's good enough to smack down average crooks for disrespecting him but no more than that

I would imagine after so much time fighting Batman he would train himself to some degree.

In The Batman he actually puts it to use.

what did he do to that guy? break his teeth and give him brain damage?

Attached: jon.jpg (350x350, 31K)

>His whole gimmick was that his umbrella was secretly a weapon
Its not a secret when everyone knows about it.

Are there any villains who are actually really weak and shitty at fighting these days?

It's for a video game, right? They just want him to be able to fight for his boss sequence so they throw that in. Is this the same one where his monocle is a beer bottle embedded in his skull, lol? I wouldn't take it as DC canon.

I was thinking maybe he kept him as a pet, sharpened his teeth into fangs and forcefed him caviar till he was a huge feral blob.

Its for the Arkham City game you dipshit you never fight him and even if you did you'd fucking annihilate him in 1 hit because of how the combat works.

Kingpin vs Penguin.
No weapons, 1 on 1. Who would win?

Attached: 1565395435133.jpg (780x1190, 335K)

How am I a dipshit just because I never played your shitty game and just made a guess about it instead? This isn't Yea Forums, fuck off back to there.

Kingpin definitely.
Size is a huge factor and Penguin relies much more on his gadgets even when he is portrayed as physically fit.

They aren't meaningless. They are ubiquitous.

>Broly
only thing broly does and does well is embrace the stupidity of powerlevels by going MAXIMUM AND BEYOND with the characters not even attempting to say he's a good fighter or martial artist but a fucking monster and a demon instead

>How am I a dipshit for talking about things I know nothing about?

This is a comic book and cartoon board, if you bring up something off-topic don't expect people here to be too informed about it.

>unlike 90% of DB characters who are all "master tacticians, precise, analytic" etc
DB's lead characters are an actual retard with brain damage, and a sociopathic manlet with the worlds biggest chip on his shoulder because he's forever inferior to an actual retard.

Folks, I give you a Penguin Origin story literally titled - I shit you not - "The Killing Peck."

...Sam Keith was so fucking wasted on it.

"they are also genuis" is tedious

>genius intellect
>acts fucking stupid all the time
Look, you can't just say he made a power suit and freeze ray because he's a genius and then have him fail to the dumbest tricks or becomes unable to solve a simple mystery. A genius is smart all the time. A savant as a character who can build power armor but is stupid everywhere else makes sense, but NOT A FUCKING GENIUS
t. genius

You can't understand the fundamental flaws in the "realism", dedicate time to explaining it, and call yourself a genius
t. Retard

What Chinese Superman?

BTFO

add genius level intellect to the list. They hand this shit out like candy. It's funny, just because you call someone a genius or expect tactician doesn't make them so.

Blame that on people who constantly whine about power levels and who would win.

It's a video game description.

The distinction is that there are different tiers and some people or more skilled than others.

Riddler?

Duh. And in the early The Batman episodes he even wrecked Bats.

this is the most cringeworthy skill set I've ever read

Finally someone references The Batman.

It seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth.

>Ctrl F "Kabuki Twins"
>No matches

Attached: Kabuki_Twins.jpg (432x342, 35K)

>when you lower CON but up your STR

>"Peak Human"

Justification as to how non-powered humans don't get instantly smashed into goo, despite still just being, you know, human.

>"Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant"
>"Martial Arts Master"

Used to justify how guns are useless against them.

>"Expert Marksman"

Used to justify how their own ranged weapons, which can include guns, aren't useless.

>"Expert Tactician"

"Haha, I threw that shit before I walked into the room!"

Throw in "Master Strategist" with that, too.

It sucks to overexplain and underexplain, because we end up with shit like this where every character profile is completely interchangeable and not unique.

I thought he just had disfigured hands?
They’re flippers?

You haven't seen the Hush adaptation.